Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 12:10   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@oxygent - I am talking about this - I believe this wouldn't cost more than 2-4k, plus it would hardly tamper the warrranty.
Oops my bad. It confused it with something else.
And thanks for pointing it out. Will be on the lookout for a FM transmitter. Should do the job fine enough.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:53   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Should not be. If you are in neutral, the car (wheels) has no relation with the engine. Does it happen during cold starts or always?
Happens always - not at all related to cold start. Let your car roll while on a flyover and then check the rev

Quote:
If my memory goes right, @noopster had mentioned it sometime back in his thread. Am trying to find the same.

Btw contrary to most people, I'm loving the noisy engine. Also, the noise hardly comes into the car - only when I roll down the window or race it hard (both scenarios with the music player off)
Thieves had a special affinity for Noops logo I guess he fitted the plastic ones .
I agree with you on the engine noise bit though during a cold start the noise on the outside is quite a bit - my kiddo rationalised the grunt when the car is pulling away at a decent speed as "the car sounds like a racing car"
Old 25th September 2011, 14:04   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
O

I believe this wouldn't cost more than 2-4k, plus it would hardly tamper the warrranty.

Btw contrary to most people, I'm loving the noisy engine. Also, the noise hardly comes into the car - only when I roll down the window or race it hard (both scenarios with the music player off)
Ninja,

Did your SE say that he will get you something like this? "VW Parts" - "Volkswagen Parts" - Parts and Accessories Catalog.
VWVortex.com - VW Bluetooth Phone Button Handsfree Retrofit Kit
The cost of the Bluetooth add on seems to be 249 USD. With the current conversion rate, its getting even more expensive
Old 26th September 2011, 03:37   #3064
BHPian

By the way, the Polo sedan is being launched in Malaysia and China. A few car blogs have posted snapshots of the car undergoing testing there in September. Good news for us. Hope to get some good aftermarket accessories here in India by the time the warranty on my car ends.

By the way, both these markets, as with Russia, are getting smoked headlights. The Polo GTI in Malaysia comes with DRL-embedded headlights. VW, why leave out India?

Last edited by nileshch : 26th September 2011 at 03:53.
Old 26th September 2011, 10:10   #3065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Ninja,

Did your SE say that he will get you something like this? "VW Parts" - "Volkswagen Parts" - Parts and Accessories Catalog.
The cost of the Bluetooth add on seems to be 249 USD. With the current conversion rate, its getting even more expensive
Possible - but honestly the SE seemed to be giving secondary info - most probably he heard about it from someone at VW and was giving gyan.

Btw the above thread states it's not in colloboration with VW - so we might find something cheaper in india itself

Btw people, especially Sourav , finally the ownership thread's up - am uploading more pics as I post here!
Old 26th September 2011, 11:18   #3066
BHPian

New colour range?

Yesterday, i was just having a chat with a SE from a local dealership.

While looking at a Blue Vento being cleaned and getting ready for delivery, i casually mentioned how i love this color and that it was my 1st choice, even though i finally booked the Silver one owing to family preferences.

So, he started saying that its good to book a White; Silver or Black color as these colors are across the range and would continue to be available always.

Next he mentioned that a new color range would be coming in the Vento from Jan/Feb 2012.
He said that there is news that the new colors would include a dark grey shade (possibly similar to the one on the polo) and a Metallic Maroon (the one on the previous Jetta) or Metallic Brown(the one on the new Jetta).
I probed around a bit and he said that he had heard it while in training at Pune.
gaurav911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 11:55   #3067
BHPian

So the shadowfax has done 20,000 KM on the ODO now. Touch wood, no problems.
The glow plug flash problem which I reported earlier didnt come back again, as a rectification for the same, the air intake sensor was replaced, this was done free of cost as the car is still under warranty.

Had a chance to have a look at the refreshed vento, and boy I didnt like the backlit of the HU.

As noop said earlier one of the best parts of the Ventro is, in the night the car glows up like a christams tree!!

In other news, we bought a Nano as well as our second car, the review thread coming up soon.

On Sunday, shadofax and me went to Nandi hills, we carried the italian lady as well (My Bianchi road bike) and did climbed up twice. But the best part of Nandi is the downhill, I have hit speeds of 70 km/hr on the bike while coming down, pure bliss!!!!!

I am unable to upload pics, for some reason.... will again do it when the server is working fine....

Last edited by evilshantanu : 26th September 2011 at 11:59.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:42   #3068
BHPian

My car just completed first service(15k) on Saturday, The car looks extra smooth now. It costed Rs 8,300 in VW Coimbatore including Wheel Balancing and Alignment.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:52   #3069
BHPian

Quote:
Finally the car is home.

• When I get into the reverse gear, the optical display comes up of the back; and the music volume is instantly reduced to a minimum. Once I shift back to neutral, the music resumes.
  • The sensors work very well - tried it uptil a distance of half a feet, the display was quite accurate (to an extent)
Congrats ninja. You beat me to it!
BTW, Could you illustrate the reverse sensor little more?
Some pics? Where does optical display comes up?
Old 26th September 2011, 14:44   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Ninja,

If I remember correct, we all had received discount coupons for some bluetooth add-on with the summer camp letter, so definitely VW does offer such an accessory.
Old 26th September 2011, 15:01   #3071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Congrats ninja. You beat me to it!
BTW, Could you illustrate the reverse sensor little more?
Some pics? Where does optical display comes up?
Thanks

Pics are up on the ownership thread. Don't have one for the remote sensors & optical display - will put them later tonight.

The optical display comes up on the music system display.
Old 26th September 2011, 16:58   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Quote:
Thanks

Pics are up on the ownership thread. Don't have one for the remote sensors & optical display - will put them later tonight.

Isnt that space slightly less for a rear view display?
Can you check with any ICE installer whether the rear parking sensors are compatible with any external head units, say Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD?
Old 26th September 2011, 18:00   #3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Isnt that space slightly less for a rear view display?
Can you check with any ICE installer whether the rear parking sensors are compatible with any external head units, say Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD?
Space is sufficient as its just a graphical display from the sensors to help make reversing a bit easier rather than the whole picture showing up in case of camera like in ANHV.

Also I doubt it will work with any after market ICE say Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD which by the way does have a visual display with provision for attaching reverse camera which are by the way available from 1.5k onwards with night vision and super clarity so why would the sensors matter anyway if your upgrading to DVD display units.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:17   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Space is sufficient as its just a graphical display from the sensors to help make reversing a bit easier rather than the whole picture showing up in case of camera like in ANHV.

Also I doubt it will work with any after market ICE say Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD which by the way does have a visual display with provision for attaching reverse camera which are by the way available from 1.5k onwards with night vision and super clarity so why would the sensors matter anyway if your upgrading to DVD display units.
The reason why I was thinking of compatibly was, If the current reverse sensor is already integrated with rest of the system, why not just change the HU and plug in the current sensor input and it should work flawlessly.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:22   #3075
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks

Ninja,
Can you please share a pic of the place where the motion sensor thingy used to be earlier? Even at the risk of duplication, would request you to post the pic in this thread as well (besides your ownership thread).

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks