Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 19:11   #3091
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congratulations Ricky!! I have been waiting for the delivery of your car. So the dealer kept the promised date? As far as I remember he had promised 28 only?

The reason for buying the car from CHD is price save only.
Gurgaon - Ex SH + Depot Charges + Temp Reg + Ins + Reg - Corp Dis
9.82 + 6K + 1500 + 36K + 41K -16K = 10.5 OTR
Chandigarh 9.80 + NIL + NIL + 36K + 30K - 16K = 10.3 OTR

So roughly around 20K of savings. Although looking at the delivery times in Gurgaon I was tempted but I tried to control.

I guess one more advantage of going from Chd is that registration process in Chd is a lot better and you get Electronic RCs.

Waiting for the Delivery day experience and ofcourse a lot of pics.

Well I paid 10.72 in all including 0% Dep insurance which I got done on my own - used a 20% NCB letter which I had I also got a set of Vento OE mudflaps & mats !! I was floored by their generosity

The Breakup is as follows :
Cost of car = 9,82,931
RTO = 0,42,517
Depot Chg = 0,06,000
Ext.Warranty =0,11,199
0% Dep Ins =0,29,796

TOTAL OTR = 10,72,443

They even gave me a small indoor plant (nice gesture) & a coconut !!!

I tanked up with 46 litres & changed my tyres from the skinny 185's to meaty Yokohama S-Drives 20/55/15's

Will take some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th September 2011 at 19:17.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:18   #3092
Senior - BHPian

Ricky, Prabhu great news ! Look forward to Ventos of you guys - I missed out when Prabhu became a Vento convert, if I am not mistaken he was sitting on the fence for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
g) My kid opens door on his own and steps out.
As far as the philosophy of child lock is concerned , what you expect is an oxymoron
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
h) He waves bye and I vroom off without having to unbelt and step out.
Unbelt> step out > open the "child locked" door from outside > give him a big hug > mess up his hair a wee bit > see him vanish inside the school
You would start the day with a smile and leave a legacy that your child would cherish for precious moments life deserves a pause
cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 19:38   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Well I paid 10.72 in all including 0% Dep insurance which I got done on my own - used a 20% NCB letter which I had I also got a set of Vento OE mudflaps & mats !! I was floored by their generosity

I tanked up with 46 litres & changed my tyres from the skinny 185's to meaty Yokohama S-Drives 20/55/15's

Cheers
Congrats Ricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Ricky, Prabhu great news ! Look forward to Ventos of you guys - I missed out when Prabhu became a Vento convert, if I am not mistaken he was sitting on the fence for a while
Hi Sourav,
Thank you. I always liked Vento, but the long waiting period put me off. But when Orix told me they will get the car in 1 month I became an instant convert. More in the ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
@ricky and @prabhuferrari - Congratulations, the vento tribe is growing by the day. Wishing both of you a very happy ownership experience.
Thanks Bala. Chennai will be my first destination once I get the car. If possible lets plan a black&white meet.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:40   #3094
BHPian

Quote:

The Breakup is as follows :
Cost of car = 9,82,931
RTO = 0,42,517
Depot Chg = 0,06,000
Ext.Warranty =0,11,199
0% Dep Ins =0,29,796

TOTAL OTR = 10,72,443

They even gave me a small indoor plant (nice gesture) & a coconut !!!

Cheers

Many Many congratulation Ricky.
Waiting for the pics from your side.

One question I have is on the 0% depreciation Insurance. These guys tell that they have a tie up with Bajaj Alliance for Cashless Insurance. Any other insurance and you will not get a Cashless facility. Now the normal insurance costs 36K. The 0% depreciation or the Bumper to Bumper insurance cost 40K which covers the Air bags also. The normal one doesnt.

From which company did you buy the insurance?
Will you get a cashless facility?
How do you get this NCB letter? Can I give it to Showroom guys so that they can give me some discount on the insurance?
Old 28th September 2011, 19:49   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many Many congratulation Ricky.
Waiting for the pics from your side.

One question I have is on the 0% depreciation Insurance. These guys tell that they have a tie up with Bajaj Alliance for Cashless Insurance. Any other insurance and you will not get a Cashless facility. Now the normal insurance costs 36K. The 0% depreciation or the Bumper to Bumper insurance cost 40K which covers the Air bags also. The normal one doesnt.

From which company did you buy the insurance?
Will you get a cashless facility?
How do you get this NCB letter? Can I give it to Showroom guys so that they can give me some discount on the insurance?
Thanks sauravc, prabhuferrari & rachit

Thanks for the wishes I got my insurance from HDFC ERGO, in all likelihood I would be getting cashless, but even if I do not I really do not care..I think 0% depreciation on a new car makes 100% sense.

As for NCB letter. I had a policy on my older car which had 20% NCB, so I surrender that policy, get a fresh one as the premium on that is MUCH lower, hence I get a benefit of the NCB on my new car policy. All in all I got close to 11K discount, over a regular policy.

Yes if you give them your NCB letter, any insurance company will honour that. If you are over 35 you also qualify for age discount, which most people do not tell you !!

Happy buying !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th September 2011 at 19:50.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:53   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sauravc, prabhuferrari & rachit

Thanks for the wishes I got my insurance from HDFC ERGO, in all likelihood I would be getting cashless, but even if I do not I really do not care..I think 0% depreciation on a new car makes 100% sense.

As for NCB letter. I had a policy on my older car which had 20% NCB, so I surrender that policy, get a fresh one as the premium on that is MUCH lower, hence I get a benefit of the NCB on my new car policy. All in all I got close to 11K discount, over a regular policy.

Yes if you give them your NCB letter, any insurance company will honour that. If you are over 35 you also qualify for age discount, which most people do not tell you !!

Happy buying !!

Cheers

Thanks for the explanation Sir.
One last question (I am little noob in the insurance department)

What means by surrendering your current insurance policy. You will have to get a new Insurance Policy for your existing car? or if you are selling it, the person buying your car will have to buy a new insurance policy?
Old 28th September 2011, 20:06   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation Sir.
One last question (I am little noob in the insurance department)

What means by surrendering your current insurance policy. You will have to get a new Insurance Policy for your existing car? or if you are selling it, the person buying your car will have to buy a new insurance policy?

Scenario #1 - You have a car with an NCB running on it. The residual value of the car is low...let us say 2 Lacs. BUT you have a 50% NCB on that car. You surrender your policy get the car re-insured & ask the company to give you an NCB certificate in your name !! Voila you are now armed with a 50% NCB letter from the insurance company & the new car you buy, you get to pay 50% only

Scenario #2 - You are selling your car with an NCB running on your car. Cancel the insurance or get a 3rd party..ask the company to issue you an NCB certificate, use that certificate to get a discount over & above standard insurance discounts.

Never disclose in advance that you have an NCB certificate. First try to get the best deal from the insurance guy. (I got 37% off) & then introduce the NCB letter

They took us for a ride long enough, high time we should also enjoy some benefits. Do not forget the Insurance Industry is now a very competitive one!!

Hope this helps..

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 21:10   #3098
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope @Ricky's revert on NCB matters have cleared that part of your query.

Quote:
Regarding the VW guys telling you about the tie-up & cashless insurance, that's bull***t. He's just saying this so that you'll opt for Bajaj through the dealer and he'll get his cut. Even my dealer SE said that - I made it quite clear I'm not agreeing to it.

In today's competitive world, most of the top insurance players have tie up with the big dealers. Call up Tata-Aig/ICICI/HDFC & get clarity from them about cashless facility with the VW dealer you are getting your car from. For Pune VW, Tata, Bajaj & HDFC have cashless facility - haven't checked the others.

Once you get a positive revert from any of them, then speak to the SE's manager or better, the dealer's GM. I am dead sure, you'll get the correct details.

Still if you have concerns, get a quote directly from Bajaj Allianz's online team - register on their website and see them run after you. Show that quote to the dealer and ask him to match it. Either way, you are safe. To quote an example, my dealer's quote for B-A was 47k (zero dep), the best quote after several rounds of bargaining on the phone with the B-A executive was 36k - a direct savings of 11k.

Edit : Rachit, Ricky, Prabhu - Congratulations , and get your cars fast - asap! It's boring to be the only guy on the forum with the new vento

Wonder where are @anToNIcHeN & @gaurav911 - their cars were nearing delivery dates!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 28th September 2011 at 21:16.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 21:17   #3099
Senior - BHPian

Hey !! I think we should have a "smart cat club" or something on those lines. As those amongst us with lesser experience get short changed, and this is not just insurance, but many many other aspects of owning an automobile.

I know this is unrelated jabber, maybe it is the exhiliration of driving a diesel Vento !! Even without the remap, she does great.

P.S. Is that not what T-Bhp is all about ??

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th September 2011 at 21:18.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 22:27   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Hey !! I think we should have a "smart cat club" or something on those lines. As those amongst us with lesser experience get short changed, and this is not just insurance, but many many other aspects of owning an automobile.

I know this is unrelated jabber, maybe it is the exhiliration of driving a diesel Vento !! Even without the remap, she does great.

P.S. Is that not what T-Bhp is all about ??

Cheers
Ricky, you are right. TBHP *is* our smart cat club! It's only because of TBHP that I was able to make a clear decision of what car I want, how to go about insurance/loan/etc and now with this killer of a thread, even maintain my car!!
Old 29th September 2011, 00:15   #3101
BHPian

Hi,
According to specification sheet provided by VW
New Refreshed Vento Tdi has reverse parking sensors are factory fitted on Trendline with a price hike of 10000.Checkout the attachment below,sorry for bad quality of the image.
And the New Refreshed Vento TDi Highline 12+lakh OTR Bangalore,thanks to price hike and our road taxes here

Vento TDI white is available in 4-5days here with full payment by cash else 3 weeks according SE

I am getting my Delivery of Vento TDI Highline by this week booked on August 1st .It was a very bad day @VW showroom today as I had got my loan approved from outside and not from showroom,gave some peace of mind to SE even though they made me wait more than 2.5 hrs for performa invoice and New booking receipt as I had to change the booking name.
Can I get temporary registration for my car which is under hypothecation?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-9242011-1700-pm.jpg  

Old 29th September 2011, 11:02   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Hi f@lcon,

Congrats on your great decision

Sure you can get a temporary registration. Hypothecation has no role to play here. Infact one cannot legally drive a car out without that. That is the scene here in Delhi & NCR, do not know about BLR

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 29th September 2011 at 11:04.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:22   #3103
BHPian

Hi Ricky,
Congrats on the new VW Vento. So how do you rate the Octavia 90 bhp vs the Vento 105 ?? on Power, handling, space and others..
Old 29th September 2011, 14:55   #3104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Hi,
Vento TDI white is available in 4-5days here with full payment by cash else 3 weeks according SE
3 weeks! Wow!

Gurgaon/Delhi/Chandigarh - Less than 1 month (Rachit/Ricky)
Gujarat - Less than 2 weeks (gaurav911)
Bangalore - Less than 1 month (Prabhu/Falcon)

Have the bookings gone down, or has VW finally got its act together? Well, South (Chennai/Coimbatore) & West (Mumbai/Pune) seem to be the only sore areas - hopefully we'll see improved waiting periods here too!

On a negative note - lower waiting periods could also mean the demand is going down! Wonder which of the two situations is it!

Quote:
gave some peace of mind to SE even though they made me wait more than 2.5 hrs
You gave him peace of mind? He must be really be thankful to you!

Jokes apart, congratulations @f@lcon - one more Vento on the tbhp block! Way to go!
Old 29th September 2011, 15:07   #3105
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can I get temporary registration for my car which is under hypothecation?
If you have taken a loan, the Bangalore Dealers will normally insist on a NOC from the financier to deliver under Temp. Registration. In any case Temp Registrations is valid for only one month. If you do not get permanent registration before one month, the temp registration will lapse and so your Insurance will not be valid as registrations has lapsed. This is the primary reason why Financiers in Bangalore do not allow for delivery with temp registrations.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks