Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 15:28   #3466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys, I bought Witson D9235V for my Vento. And also an integrated reverse cam with sensors & speaker. Details in this thread.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:17   #3467
BHPian

Re: VENTO price for Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
The following info could be useful for someone planning to take a leased car from the Company they work for. I am planning to take one. Life tax is a real burden. For individuals life tax is 12%.

Vento Hyderabad price for Diesel Highline

ex-showroom 939918
life tax (14%) 131790
insurance 43237
handling charge 14950
On road Price INR 1129895
Looks like Volkswagen had increased the prices of Highline MT 1.6 TDI by nearly INR 60K. The quote I got from Secunderabad dealer is:

Ex showroom: 9,94,878/ -
Insurance : 45,839/-
LifeTax 14% : 1,39,490/-
Accessories STD : 25,062/-
Ext Warranty : 11,199/-
incidental charges : 14,950/-

Total onroad price in Hyderabad : 12,31,418/-

No negotiations with the dealer at this point of time.

I am not aware that the ex. showroom prices have gone up over 6% in Hyderabad for Highline TDI model.

Is the price increase is across all over India or did the tax % in Hyderabad had gone up?

Suddenly Vento is looking pricy.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:28   #3468
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Looks like Volkswagen had increased the prices of Highline MT 1.6 TDI by nearly INR 60K.
Haven't they increased the price in recent past, when the refresh was launched? If this new price-increase information is correct, it might be a really bad move by VW. While the industry is struggling with sales due to inflation and interest rates, increasing prices is only going to drive away a few more potential customers.

With the launch of Rapid, Vento had started looking a bit pricey. And this is how they react? Somebody is not thinking straight or has just too much of faith in their brand-value.

Last edited by SDP : 20th November 2011 at 21:32.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:29   #3469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
But you can give instantaneous feedback without the sms too, they have a workaround.
IIRC, you receive an sms with the password which is required for giving the feedback. I have given it once. Whats the workaround, without the unique password?
Quote:
Looks like Volkswagen had increased the prices of Highline MT 1.6 TDI by nearly INR 60K. The quote I got from Secunderabad dealer is:

There has been increase of 60K because of rising cost and new equipment.
Ask dealer what does the 25K accessories are? If you need them than only take them else strike it off. The incidental charges are a fraud. When i purchased Vento TDi HL I was charged Rs. 3000 as depot charges and Rs. 3000 for registration. That's a total of Rs. 6000. Which is fine. But 14K is way too much, IMO.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:42   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Haven't they increased the price in recent past, when the refresh was launched? If this new price-increase information is correct, it might be a really bad move by VW. While the industry is struggling with sales due to inflation and interest rates, increasing prices is only going to drive away a few more potential customers.

With the launch of Rapid, Vento had started looking a bit pricey. And this is how they react? Somebody is not thinking straight or has just too much of faith in their brand-value.
I totally agree.

I was very keen to buy this car but 60K on Ex showroom plus taxes on the same is working out too much. No doubt most of the models including TDI is available off -the - Shelf. I guess it could be a combination of price hike + rapid effect + may be they are producing enough cars.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:33   #3471
BHPian

Why is the insurance priced at 45,839/-. At a 3.5% (which itself is on the huger side) quoted by VW showrooms here its at 34K. Incidentals are charged at 9K which am supposed to get a split on. I wish there was a proper breakdown on this.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:49   #3472
Senior - BHPian

You are being fleeced , call the dealers bluff and ask him to take a hike on the following in bold

Quote:

Insurance : 45,839/- { negotiate with the insurance company directly and get a good one , with zero dep, @ around 25K - you can check out ICICI, Tata AIG, Bajaj , etc }
Accessories STD : 25,062/- {What are you getting for the dosh ? Do not buy your door mat , mud guard, seat covers, sun films from the dealer - they rob you. If you can get the list and post it here ,we should be able to tell you a rough estimate of the correct prices and then the maths would be clear }
Ext Warranty : 11,199/- { Did you ask for it or is it being shoved down your throat ? Extended warranty is optional , please read whats covered and whats not first before plonking your money on it }
incidental charges : 14,950/-{ This is plain day light robbery - as El lobo mentioned 4-5K is fine but you should put your foot down . Send a mail to VW guys and raise this issue ! Ask them for a written break-up else refuse to budge}

I am not aware that the ex. showroom prices have gone up over 6% in Hyderabad for Highline TDI model.

Is the price increase is across all over India or did the tax % in Hyderabad had gone up?

There was someone else who mentioned about the exorbitant incidental charges - seems like the dealers at Hyd are forming a cartel which, even if it happens, I would not be surprised .
Old 21st November 2011, 00:28   #3473
BHPian

Quote:

The Vento surely has become pretty expensive in a span of less than 4 months. Getting accessories from VW should be optional. I opted for the bare minimum ones (I should start thinking about posting my own ownership thread now). You should not be forced to buy accessories even if the dealer brands them as standard. Extended warranty is again optional and can be purchased within a year of delivery of the car. Incidental charges seem to be a ponzi scheme by the dealers in Hyderabad. All buyers or potential buyers in Hyderabad should write to VW about this. My dealer in Kolkata didn't charge anything over and above the ex-showroom price, insurance and registration plus road tax. In my view you should be only paying around 11.8 lacs OTR excluding any accessories.
Old 21st November 2011, 08:27   #3474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
There has been increase of 60K because of rising cost and new equipment.
Are you quoting Nikhil or have you clarified this from VW yourself?

I hope you are aware the 60k increase mentioned below is in three stages - the 20k increase in July, the 34k increase in October due to new features (refreshed features), and an additional 16k increase this month (which has to be confirmed with other dealers).

I'll be heading off to BUB today to get clarity on the third price increase, also have another task in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
IIRC, you receive an sms with the password which is required for giving the feedback. I have given it once. Whats the workaround, without the unique password?
Haven't tested it yet. But the workshop guy said one could give in the feature on the machine without the sms - they need someone higher up (workshop head maybe?) to approve the feedback which would be done right there.

For a software, they definitely would have the workaround.

Quote:

The price increase you are talking about is 16k which needs to be confirmed from other dealers. The other increases have already been there for atleast two months now.

There was a post where one of the users (@nileshch I think) had given a breakup of all the accessories that comes in the 25k pack - if broken up, the price was coming to 12k only, that too after considering individual VW accessory prices. Clearly not worth going for.

The other price gaps have been clarified by Sourav - do follow up on them.

Quote:
Depends on what you are comparing with.
If Fiesta, Verna, then still it ain't.
If Rapid, then definitely yes. In this case, I would definitely check up with other Hyd Skoda owners - if the feedback is good, I would go for it over the Vento.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:06   #3475
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ updating from the showroom - no price increase in the Vento tdi - the quotes are still at 9.78lakhs ex showroom.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:43   #3476
Senior - BHPian

the parking sensors integrated with the new head unit has a lot of lag.

while reversing the signal gets delayed. one might end up touching the obstacle before the beep comes up. also it doesnt show any distance.

secondly even when i disengage the reverse gear and put in the 1st gear still the reverse guide keeps showing on the display for a while. its kind of irritating.

even a 3000 rs sensor system from autocop is way quicker and better than this
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 11:48   #3477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

while reversing the signal gets delayed. one might end up touching the obstacle before the beep comes up. also it doesnt show any distance.
Mine's quite accurate. Tested it on the first day itself. Maybe a problem with your unit?

Quote:
secondly even when i disengage the reverse gear and put in the 1st gear still the reverse guide keeps showing on the display for a while. its kind of irritating.
Yes, that's quite irritating - had put up a similar post citing the same. Especially if you do reversing in traffic. But I have got used to it.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 21st November 2011 at 11:51.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:49   #3478
BHPian

Quote:

even a 3000 rs sensor system from autocop is way quicker and better than this
I just got the system installed last week, and I dont have these issues! Better get it checked for the connections. And which one did you buy? Plz post the details.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:02   #3479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
I just got the system installed last week, and I dont have these issues! Better get it checked for the connections. And which one did you buy? Plz post the details.
i dint buy any. it came with my new vento factory fitted.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:09   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
got the delivery of the vento.

cut short-

1. amazing delivery experience from B.U.Bhandari.

2. Boot lid not opening with remote button

3. The new HU is acting funny. it doesnt stop on any stations while scanning the FM radio.

4. The whole first day was city drive. amazing engine.

5. My left leg is paining since yesterday night and a lot the tractor clutch effect.

6. Can feels small from inside and on road too for drivability. so city driving is a breeze.

7. Power steering is too boring.

I will come up with a detailed report once i jolt down more point after more kms are clocked.
Hey, Congrats on your purchase. I saw your old post just now.

Looking at your points, I just remembered that in my recent trip to Kerala, I too felt knee joint pain after driving 500+ km in one go. Strangely, it was my right knee that pained not the left one!

IMO, it is all due to wrong seat height adjustment. For my leg & hand lengths, I feel like pushing the seat a little farther from the steering wheel even at max possible distance.

Try different distance & height and check. As I was reading somewhere, the best position can be checked like this: if you sit comfortably in the drivers seat & rest your hands on top of the steering wheel, your wrist joint should exactly be touching the steering wheel with straight arms & without any extra effort. May be other experts can comment on this.

Most Viewed