Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:03   #3496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71
I just got my baby home - yipeeee

Thought would keep the brotherhood informed - Am going down to play with my baby a bit; Pictures and updates to follow soon.
Congratulations. Welcome to the club. Please start your ownership thread soon. And may god give you patience for the first 1500 kms to keep the RPM below 2500 :P
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:41   #3497
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post

Thought would keep the brotherhood informed - Am going down to play with my baby a bit; Pictures and updates to follow soon.
Hey, congrats!!! Welcome to the Vento club!!
BTW, which color did you choose?
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:43   #3498
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats mate.

Its good to know that you waited and have finally got the car. Which colour? Did you choose any of the OEM accessories?
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:46   #3499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats !! Welcome to the club Please do post how many KMs you clocked in the first week and of course snap up the first couple of thousand miles asap to enjoy the turbo
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:05   #3500
BHPian

@Rachit.K.Dogra
Thanks Rachit

@prabhuferrari
Sure prabhu, plan to click pictures sometimes this week. Will try to host the thread over the weekend.

@blackdiesel
Reflex Silver

@ramneek009
No accessories during delivery. Plan to have Stanely, 3D Mats & 3M sun film done this week.

@souravc
Thanks sourav - You & bala have been like the constant source of information & support of-course along with the many other vento owners here.

I was reading through the owners manual - just a cursory glance. I dint find any information on running-in the engine, strange. Am I missing something, can you guys point me to specific information.

Last edited by SR-71 : 23rd November 2011 at 09:06.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:05   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sounds quite reasonable! Mine's original warranty with zero dep came at 29k (Tata AIG, Bajaj was costlier), so 21k is a excellent deal if it also has the zero dep clause included (I hope you are considering it?)

Btw haven't seen any posts from you on this thread - possibly you are one of the oldest Vento owners on tbhp, if I'm not mistaken. How's the car after a year of usage?
No, I am not the oldest owner (makes me feel old ). Mine is a December end registration after a wait of 6+ months. Booked a polo 1.6 and got the TDi home finally. Never regret the switch to the Vento.
I will take Bala's suggestion on the online portal stuff as well.
Btw had my first service at around 16K kms last month and not using the car as much after that ! Need to go for some long drives. Becoming lazy I guess.
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:20   #3502
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SR-71, I'm very happy for you.

Please do post us your observations and updates when you get some time. Wishing you a very happy and memorable ownership experience with your new car.

Quote:

Old 23rd November 2011, 16:16   #3503
BHPian

Just wanted to share. I have done 10k in my Vento delivered in May. This has come more quickly than I normally drive since in the past few months I have driven at least 4 times between Pune and Hyderabad. (each to and fro trips normally makes it about 1000 kms)
This trip which I did yesterday from Pune to Hyderabad I really pushed the car to its limits. I covered the distance from Solapur to Hyderabad (250 Kms) approx in about 2 1/2 hrs. I was constantly touching 120-130 kms. This was possible as the road repairs have been done to a large extent though not complete and since there are no major towns except Jaheerabad and Omerga (which I was lucky to cross in about 5 mins flat each). I was amazed by my car. I have never pushed it so but then it was as sturdy as a rock. If it did so well on this highway (which is a legacy single lane highway without divider) I wonder this car could do wonders on parts of the GQ on which I have not taken it as yet. Also a couple of places where I had to slow down never did I feel that I am not able to control the car high speeds. The braking inspired a lot of confidence. Also the turbo-charged engine gives power on demand literally making overtaking a breeze. I am glad to have bought this car. Not only it is sheer performance , the average is also close to 15 kpl inspite of such spirited driving.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:18   #3504
BHPian

Guys I have a quick query - I got the registration numbers and the plates today. But the dealer did not give me any receipt from the RTO. He said there is no specific receipt issued but I will get my RC book once its ready (in about a month). It sounds fishy to me. I have got the other stuff though including my insurance cover note and tax invoice specifying the car rate. Bala, any suggestions here cause you dealt with the same dealer. Am wondering about circumstances where I may have to produce the RC for the car.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:34   #3505
Senior - BHPian

Dealers usually do not hand out the payment receipt as then they are hard pressed to explain the difference between the charges levied by them and those actually paid to the RTO. However he is legally bound to give you that receipt.

Apart from the money receipt the RTO's do issue another receipt/challan which is proof for having applied for the registration & has the alloted regn. number stamped on, this document is like a temp RC.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:52   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Dealers usually do not hand out the payment receipt as then they are hard pressed to explain the difference between the charges levied by them and those actually paid to the RTO. However he is legally bound to give you that receipt.
Thanks for the quick response khoj. I am not sure about the "hard pressed to explain the difference between the charges levied by them and those actually paid to the RTO". When i was settling the final bill I asked them explain the 8K difference after calculating 10% Tax + 1500 (green tax) + 200 (Registration charges) + 2000 or odd for bribe. The deputy manager of the dealership shamelessly stated that its to fund the salary and other outgoings of the dealership ! And he was clear that there is no negotiations on that. So I wont be surprised about that. But what I am worried is if they under valued the price while paying the LTT at the RTO.
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:24   #3507
Senior - BHPian

Woah, that is shameless indeed. I am actually at a loss for words.
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:34   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I have a quick query - I got the registration numbers and the plates today. But the dealer did not give me any receipt from the RTO. He said there is no specific receipt issued but I will get my RC book once its ready (in about a month). It sounds fishy to me. I have got the other stuff though including my insurance cover note and tax invoice specifying the car rate. Bala, any suggestions here cause you dealt with the same dealer. Am wondering about circumstances where I may have to produce the RC for the car.
As explained by Khoj, its because of the difference between the actual amount paid to the RTO and the rest which is pocketed by the showroom and the RTO babus.
Even though there is a difference, the dealer cannot refuse to hand over the receipt. Even when I got the registration done of my Vento TDi HL, the dealer charged Rs. 4000, as incidental charge but he gave me the tax receipt.
I think you should ask your dealer to hand it over to you, what it may be required in the future for whatever purpose.
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:39   #3509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
If it did so well on this highway (which is a legacy single lane highway without divider) I wonder this car could do wonders on parts of the GQ on which I have not taken it as yet.
It works like a charm. After driving this car for 24+ continuous hours at 120+ speeds, I expected it to show some kind of issues - but not a single problem at all. The car remains as fresh as ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Apart from the money receipt the RTO's do issue another receipt/challan which is proof for having applied for the registration & has the alloted regn. number stamped on, this document is like a temp RC.
What a pity (at the state of dealers' handling) and an eye-opener your post is for me. Never knew that, as BuB has given me the receipt as well as the challan. The road tax amounts matches perfect to what they have charged me.

@SR-71 : Congratulations! When can we see an ownership thread of the car?
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:46   #3510
Senior - BHPian

If your RTO is issuing you a smart card RC, you will not receive a seperate LTT paid receipt. The details of tax paid will be included in the smart card.

You will receive this RC card within a couple of weeks of registration and until then you can drive around with the invoice and insurance copy without any issues.

Quote:

Last edited by bala80 : 23rd November 2011 at 22:08.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks