Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 10:50   #4771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And how much are they charging for this? Except for one or two points, it seems quite similar to a general checkup.
This is free of cost. Biggest pain is it would take practically a whole day as is normal in any VW service center and with the added stains of grease near the door handles!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th July 2012 at 11:00.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 10:55   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And how much are they charging for this? Except for one or two points, it seems quite similar to a general checkup.
Isn't this a free of cost service? That's the reason they are only doing checks. Any replacement/top-ups will be charged on actuals from what I remember from my summer check-up. I am in two minds about this since my first service is about to come up soon.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:59   #4773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Any replacement/top-ups will be charged on actuals from what I remember from my summer check-up.
Top up was also free of cost ( approx. 50 ml engine oil, coolant and wiper fluid) not sure if this varies depending on the dealers!

Cheers!
Old 24th July 2012, 11:07   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Top up was also free of cost ( approx. 50 ml engine oil, coolant and wiper fluid) not sure if this varies depending on the dealers!

Cheers!
Do you need Free monsoon checkup coupons?
Because I never received one...
Old 24th July 2012, 11:11   #4775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Do you need Free monsoon checkup coupons?
Because I never received one...
No such coupons, ring up the dealer and fix an appointment!

Cheers!

Quote:
This is free of cost. Biggest pain is it would take practically a whole day as is normal in any VW service center and with the added stains of grease near the door handles!
Even if the engine shock mount has to be replaced (as per the VIN) they do it in this camapign.

Cheers!

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th July 2012 at 20:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 11:28   #4776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Isn't this a free of cost service? That's the reason they are only doing checks. Any replacement/top-ups will be charged on actuals from what I remember from my summer check-up. I am in two minds about this since my first service is about to come up soon.
Thanks guys - yes it is free. Just took up an appointment with BU Bhandari for next week.

@samarjidhar - unless your car has not had a check-up for long, I really don't see the need. I'd rather wait for the first service if I was in your place. The only reason I'm getting it done is because of the recent trip of mine.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:03   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
going back to 195/60 R15 Yokohama A-Drives!

got the tyres changed back to 195/60 R15 Last night
What was the actual damages per tyre (or tire! )?
And which shop in blore?
Old 24th July 2012, 12:25   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
What was the actual damages per tyre (or tire! )?
And which shop in blore?
Tyre Empire
costed me Rs 5,100 /- per tyre (or tire )

Though I backtracked to 195/60 R15, i searched on the net, interestingly the EU allows a 5% error margin as legal.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 13:23   #4779
BHPian

Quote:
tyre (or tire )
Actually both spellings are correct!.. . did a google. turns out that one(tyre) is UK spelling and other is US.
anToNIcHeN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 12:39   #4780
BHPian

This is what happened today

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2853430
Old 27th July 2012, 13:40   #4781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very unfortunate incident indeed, feel sorry for you to see the car in that bad shape. But as there is other side to the coin, thank your stars, that there is not even a single scratch on your body in this horrible pile-up, car body can always be repaired but any damages to the human body are beyond repairs in most of the cases. Good to know that you were shaken, but not broken. I can understand it is very difficult to overcome such shocking situations, especially when you are involved in it for no fault of yours.

As everyone has suggested try to overcome this as early as possible & look at the positive things in life. Try to engage with your family as much as possible. That was one black day in your life, which is never going to repeat.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 17:14   #4782
BHPian

Quote:
Thank God that nothing happened to you. Next time you drive this car let this incident not imapct you as there is no fault of yours and coz u were driving safe and you were alert thats y the swift in front of you did not get damaged. Feel Sorry for the biker -- High Price to pay just bcoz someone else was careless.
Swift Express is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 21:35   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
I too was sandwiched a week back, now I realize what could have been of it. People here really need to get some sense behind the wheels. Glad you are safe Shantanu, also good to see that ABS kicked in and prevented further damage to your car on the front and the car ahead of you. Take some time off and thank your stars as well as German engineering that you are safe, that's the most important outcome of this incident.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 14:01   #4784
BHPian

Hi, I had booked the Toyota Liva GD-SP but changed my mind and cancelled the booking. I wanted a small, fast and safe car as I drive between Chennai and Coimbatore often.

As a matter of principle I do not drive in the city as it disturbs my peace of mind.

I had a Swift diesel and was enjoying it till a few months back and all of a sudden I grew out of it. My swift does not have ABS and airbags. I needed some thing as fast if not faster, and much safer than my swift.

The reasons behind me falling out of love with my swift were

1) Runs out of breath after 130 Kmph ( It starts to sound strained )
2) No ABS/Airbags
3) Feels a bit unsafe at highway speeds.

Decided to go for the Liva as it has ABS/Airbags and simple and elegant.

But some thing did not feel right. Deep down, I knew I was not getting what I wanted but was "settling" for some thing. I did not know what was bothering me but every time I saw a Liva on the road, I was making an effort to like it.

My budget was not a problem. I was willing to go upto 13-14 Lacs. But all the cars I saw were either too big, had too many gizmos, over designed and looked too much like something from an action cartoon.

I wanted a small car , with big car speed and safety.
Just on a whim , decided to check out the Skoda. Even though I had no intentions of buying a skoda.!!! I really liked the Rapid TDI.

Cancelled the Liva yesterday.

Test drove the Vento today at highway speeds for about 25km.
Only thing I did not like about the vento was that it has a boot.

Oh well!!! you can't get every thing you want.

Booked the Vento White colour with ABS/AIRBAGS. Expected delivery on Wednesday.

Vento has every thing that the Liva had (like simple elegant looks, conservative design, uncluttered dash, good quality, sensible design) Plus a more solid feel and a better engine, better driver comfort.
rrnsss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 14:08   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Hi, I had booked the Toyota Liva GD-SP but changed my mind and cancelled the booking. I wanted a small, fast and safe car as I drive between Chennai and Coimbatore often.
>>>>>>
Vento has every thing that the Liva had (like simple elegant looks, conservative design, uncluttered dash, good quality, sensible design) Plus a more solid feel and a better engine, better driver comfort.
Congrats! You have booked the perfect ride! Don't forget it's a very safe car, it's been built like a tank - I have been in a pile up as well as flooring the brakes to save a biker, works well - safety written all over the car.

Also see how well the Vento took a horrible collision from the behind on evilshantanu's car, must commend VW there.

Did a 1300 kms road trip on the car, it is perfect for your needs, loves the highways.

Looking forward to your ownership thread.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks