Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 17:33   #4861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Vento will now come with blackened headlights, like the one in this picture -

Attachment 965846

I saw one in person at the VW downtown showroom in Mumbai and it looks cool.
Thats a very good update indeed. Have been looking forward to it as it would differentiate Polo & Vento a bit. Any chance if you could again bump in at the VW showroom and put up some exclusive Team-BHP VW Vento refresh pics, scoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh wow! Probably this is one car which has received so many updates (4th?) in such a short duration.
Continuous improvement is not bad, but these short intervals may leave a bad taste for the existing owners, especially for those who purchased the car recently.
Continuous improvement is a very good thing, as it shows manufacturer devotion towards the purchaser. to VW.

With every update Vento price has risen marginally and it might so happen I might be selling my Apr'11 Vento TDi at a profit down the line. No more smileys, damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
actually I welcome this as it means we can get genuine OEM replacement available for our cars. So far the option was to disassemble the headlight assembly and get it done outside. But that was not fool-proof.

The only problem I can see is VW asking a bomb for it.
Well I had read somewhere that you cannot change over to twin barrel head lamps from the current ones, as the connector is different and wouldn't match the current Polo/Vento. You could get the current headlamps blackened out. Even I too wanted to change to these twin barrel, but sadly not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
fellow Ventopians

need following information
Will try it out tomorrow. But what I have learnt is in Vento TDI the gear change symbol comes on when you change to next gear, the RPM would drop to 1500 which is the starting point of 250 NM torque band all the way till 2500 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Inquired about the updated Vento at Navi Mumbai. They dont have any info on it as of yet. Surprising, considering that its already on-display in downtown showroom.
VW Navi Mumbai KSM Motors wont give out any detail and more importantly their SA wouldn't even be aware of it, except if there is one in their stockyard. The gate keeper at stockyard would be more knowledgeable, then those SA. Why I say, since I get my Vento service done from their only.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 18:06   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
VW Navi Mumbai KSM Motors wont give out any detail and more importantly their SA wouldn't even be aware of it, except if there is one in their stockyard. The gate keeper at stockyard would be more knowledgeable, then those SA. Why I say, since I get my Vento service done from their only.
Yeah, got that figured. My loan will be getting disbursed tomorrow. Good thing this update news came out today. Asked my bank to hold it till I get more details about this update. Called up the SA thrice, but no response. Was super anxious hence called Downtown VW up myself. They said that there definitely might be some exterior (probably just the headlight) and interior updates. Might be minor equipment updates. However, he said that they still haven't been properly updated about it. The only bit he was sure of is that the updated car would be made official by 3rd week of August. So sometime soon.
Old 6th August 2012, 18:28   #4863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme

Raj, Looks mean!

Any further details like launch date or additional features, higher peicing etc? Will Polo also adopt the same changes?
Sorry buddy, I don't have much details about the pricing. It is expected to come soon though.

Polo will have an A/T gearbox, most probably with the 1.6 engine.

I will try to get a pic.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th August 2012 at 18:33.
Old 6th August 2012, 19:57   #4864
BHPian

Quick Update - There was noise coming from rear left wheel in my Vento TDI Trendline. I did not observe it the Service guys at VW Thane picked up the noise when had given the car for 3rd service and had mentioned it as a comment and asked me to get the car whenever i have the time to get it checked. Last weekend gave the car and they found the rear wheel bearing to be damaged. Got it replaced for FREE . The SA said that this was the very first case of wheel bearing getting damaged. I am happy to note that the 2 year warranty is no frills attached. I had upgraded my tyre size from 175 R 14 to 185 R 14. But that was not an issue.

Note - The damage must have happened during the Red Wind's Road trip to Leh and Back.
Old 6th August 2012, 20:12   #4865
BHPian

Quote:

Quick question Raj, will the new headlights be offered on all the Vento's or just on A/T diesel ?
Old 6th August 2012, 20:53   #4866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Also I wanted to raise another issue with the car. Recently before I left for the Chennai trip, I had noticed a lot of tiny spots/bubbles (?) all over the bonnet. These bubbles were not that clearly visible unless one looked for them, or when the car was completely washed. Tried removing these by waxing/polishing, however this had no impact on them.

During the trip, I met up with a friend who had been part of the auto-industry. I showed him these bubbles - he immediately raised concerns about the painting quality on the bonnet, and told me to show this to the workshop. And so here was I.

The SA (Manish Singh - excellent fellow!) showed the car to the person in charge for paint-work and he confirmed what my friend told me. So images of the bonnet are being sent to VW, and once validated, the bonnet should get replaced/repainted under warranty.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bonnet-2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bonnet-3-closeup.jpg

Recently I had raised this issue at the workshop. The workshop guys have acknowledged the paint issue on the hood, and have sent pictures and a warranty claim to VW, which is pending at their end.

This problem is only on the hood, no-where else on the other parts of the body. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed something similar on their car? The spots/bubbles are easily felt by hand, however it requires a clean surface to get to see them.
Old 6th August 2012, 22:42   #4867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, got that figured. My loan will be getting disbursed tomorrow. Good thing this update news came out today. Asked my bank to hold it till I get more details about this update. The only bit he was sure of is that the updated car would be made official by 3rd week of August. So sometime soon.
You are one lucky bhpian.

You would be the first one to get the new updated Vento that too with refreshed interior and most importantly exterior, twin barrel headlamps. Nothing beats it.

Seems you too are based in Navi Mumbai. Let me know whenever you get the car delivered would be exited to have a look at the refreshed Vento and a nice comparo with mine pre-refreshed one. I'm at Sanpada.

3rd Week of August, might just launch on 15th Aug, you never know. But at least now we know the approx launch date.

Quote:
Sorry buddy, I don't have much details about the pricing. It is expected to come soon though.

Polo will have an A/T gearbox, most probably with the 1.6 engine.

I will try to get a pic.
Polo with 1.6 105PS engine is discontinued due to low demand. Might just launch with Vento AT box. Nice surprises coming up by VW. Eagerly awaiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
I had upgraded my tyre size from 175 R 14 to 185 R 14. But that was not an issue.

Note - The damage must have happened during the Red Wind's Road trip to Leh and Back.
Good to hear that they replaced the faulty part for free and didn't nitpick anything. They could have voided the warranty since you have upgraded the tyres to non VW specification.

Quote:
Quick question Raj, will the new headlights be offered on all the Vento's or just on A/T diesel ?
AT diesel would be impossible, since there is no gearbox with VW to handle 250NM torque. Only one would be DSG but the price will be way too high. Highly unlikely VW launching Vento TDi with AT.

Quote:
Attachment 966312

Attachment 966313

Recently I had raised this issue at the workshop. The workshop guys have acknowledged the paint issue on the hood, and have sent pictures and a warranty claim to VW, which is pending at their end.
Call up VW to know about the status of photos which they sent. Regular follow up might result in quick solution, otherwise you could even write on VW Facebook page about it and would get a definite reply.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 22:46   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Vento will come with Blackened headlamps but those are not Bi-focal lamps as in the picture. The one for Indian market are the smoked version of the current headlamp. They look good but not as good as the double barrel one.
As per my info, There is new trim coming which is called HL plus. This will have these lamps along with new alloy wheel design and other minor tweaks.

Moreover there is an upgradation in all the trims. The steel wheel size increases by 1 inch now in TL and CL, etc.
ritzy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 00:55   #4869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This problem is only on the hood, no-where else on the other parts of the body. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed something similar on their car? The spots/bubbles are easily felt by hand, however it requires a clean surface to get to see them.
I checked my car the day you first reported it , not an issue in my car . I would suggest that you get this checked at an independent garage - not only the paint guy but also the body works . I hope this is not true but (and that's a very reluctant but ) it maybe that the bonnet had a repair and repainted before delivery of the car . Do you recollect how long they took to deliver your car post confirmation of the allotment of VIN ? Was there any inordinate delay? Either ways please get it checked by a body works expert just to be doubly sure.
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 01:41   #4870
BHPian

Quote:
You are one lucky bhpian.

You would be the first one to get the new updated Vento that too with refreshed interior and most importantly exterior, twin barrel headlamps. Nothing beats it.

Seems you too are based in Navi Mumbai. Let me know whenever you get the car delivered would be exited to have a look at the refreshed Vento and a nice comparo with mine pre-refreshed one. I'm at Sanpada.

3rd Week of August, might just launch on 15th Aug, you never know. But at least now we know the approx launch date.
Hoping to get some details quick so I can decide whether to wait for the updated model or not. Although VW Downtown SA did tell me about an updated Vento, when I told the same to my SA at KSM, he said he will cross-check it. After a long wait, the answer I got was, "There is a Vento with aftermarket stuff going around fooling people to think that there is an update". Although I repeated myself, that one of the Downtown SA DID confirm there might be one coming soon, still the denial went on and on. From the little info around, it does sound like an update worth waiting for even though its a minor one, but at the end of the day it would come down to the pricing for me. If VW land up bumping up the price to some insane number, will definitely be a no-go for me. But yeah, luckily atm not a bad situation to be in

Indeed, I am based in Navi Mumbai, Nerul to be precise. Will surely be nice to catch up with a fellow bhpian !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
Sure Vento will come with Blackened headlamps but those are not Bi-focal lamps as in the picture. The one for Indian market are the smoked version of the current headlamp. They look good but not as good as the double barrel one.
As per my info, There is new trim coming which is called HL plus. This will have these lamps along with new alloy wheel design and other minor tweaks.

Moreover there is an upgradation in all the trims. The steel wheel size increases by 1 inch now in TL and CL, etc.
Thanks for the info ritzy. Will be nice if some official news / or update list comes out soon.

Last edited by AnniHilat0R : 7th August 2012 at 01:42.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:52   #4871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
Ritzy,

Polo to be ugraded too? Any major feature upgrade like adding ABS to TL or CL?

Safety upgrades would be great and in line with VW's 'global commitment to safety', something they have not practised in India
Old 7th August 2012, 11:38   #4872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no A/T in the diesel variants.

The new headlights will come in all new Ventos, as I was told.

Quote:
It wont be a double barrel headlight, just a smoked version of the current one.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:45   #4873
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on my bonnet issue - I spent a few hours at the workshop, as two engineers from VW had arrived for an issue with a Polo, and the SA informed me to bring the car for inspection.

After running after them for around two hours, they have approved the warranty claim. I'll be sending my car next week for the bonnet to be repainted. I didn't find it necessary to ask for replacement, as the body part was in perfect condition.

I queried him on the (possible) actual reason for the bubbles, however he clarified that he wasn't a paint guy (his exact words ) and couldn't really answer my query. Also when I mentioned the paint chipping that happens on most blue/black Ventos, he only smiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I checked my car the day you first reported it , not an issue in my car . I would suggest that you get this checked at an independent garage - not only the paint guy but also the body works .
Well the problem was first identified by my friend, who has worked in the paint department of Tata Motors - he immidiately realized this was a result of poor paint job done on the bonnet and asked me to raise it to VW asap.

Quote:
I hope this is not true but (and that's a very reluctant but ) it maybe that the bonnet had a repair and repainted before delivery of the car . Do you recollect how long they took to deliver your car post confirmation of the allotment of VIN ? Was there any inordinate delay? Either ways please get it checked by a body works expert just to be doubly sure.
Well such "if"s are always there in my mind! (Un?)Fortunately there was no delay between the allotment of VIN and car delivery, except the one caused by the discussion on the price increase that I had with them. However now they have accepted, I don't think I'll be getting this by checked at other places.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:57   #4874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Apart from the thud, how do you differentiate the handling? I guess handling was always a debated difference.
I really didnt find any considerable difference in handling between the two, infact i had read that the vento has a softer suspension set up than Rapid but i didnt feel so, maybe because i didnt know that VW has also changed to the L54 suspension which is is stiffer like the Rapid.

One thing which i will check is take both the cars back to back on a road with some undulations and report how vento behaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Plus the Vento looks better appointed from the inside. On the outside, the Rapid is more flashy than the Vento, which is understated. Makes that a difficult choice actually (head vs heart). I kind of liked the Vento in Blue (available only in the top model). What kind of discounts are on offer for the Vento at the moment? I also liked the Rapid in White and in the beige (I prefer calling that steel grey).
Thanks johy, am glad you liked the pics. The Vento has better interiors, infact the leather wrapped steering wheel, gear knob, interior lighting and the new RCD310 look better than Rapid's.

With Vento i got the 1st year insurance and corp discound which amounted to around 50k, Rapid afaik doesnt have any discounts on it. At current stage with the hike in prices by Skoda a few days back and discount on Vento, the price difference in Delhi is a marginal 15-20k.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:48   #4875
BHPian

I do hope they introduce EBD for the new Vento. I would expect at least the Highline variant to have the same for this segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks