Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 23:26   #4876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian
I do hope they introduce EBD for the new Vento. I would expect at least the Highline variant to have the same for this segment.
Vento highline already have the ABS and EBD. What they don't have is traction control.
Old 7th August 2012, 23:47   #4877
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

In order to ensure that the bonnet stays in good nick do ensure that the paint shop uses "paint remover" (a chemical) to remove the original paint and does not scrape it off. Usage of the former will ensure that the molecular integrity of the anticorrosion coating on your car remains intact, scrapping is crude and though less time consuming is not at all desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
After running after them for around two hours, they have approved the warranty claim. I'll be sending my car next week for the bonnet to be repainted. I didn't find it necessary to ask for replacement, as the body part was in perfect condition.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 08:16   #4878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
It wont be a double barrel headlight, just a smoked version of the current one.
Probably something like this on the Polo Sedan in Malaysia (CBU from India):
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-po3184_e82_660x420.jpg
picture courtsey: VW Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
I do hope they introduce EBD for the new Vento. I would expect at least the Highline variant to have the same for this segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Vento highline already have the ABS and EBD. What they don't have is traction control.
Shantanu, I think IndianGuardian is right. AFAIK, the current Vento (all variants) does not have EBD or traction control.

On a quick glance through VW Malaysia website, I found the following differences with the Indian Vento. And these differences could be the upgrades which we may get:
1) Smoked headlamps
2) EBD
3) Side airbags (front)
4) Three 3-point seat-belts for the rear seat.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 08:31   #4879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Probably something like this on the Polo Sedan in Malaysia (CBU from India):

picture courtsey: VW Malaysia

Shantanu, I think IndianGuardian is right. AFAIK, the current Vento (all variants) does not have EBD or traction control.

On a quick glance through VW Malaysia website, I found the following differences with the Indian Vento. And these differences could be the upgrades which we may get:
1) Smoked headlamps
2) EBD
3) Side airbags (front)
4) Three 3-point seat-belts for the rear seat.
Well though smoked headlamps can be retro filleted the other upgrades will not be available for 2012 ventopians who just bought the car. I wish they also get Bluetooth! Is that available in the Malay car?

I also suspect new alloy design as all of us drool over rapids brilliance for her alloys

Edit

I checked the brochure for Malaysian polo sedan

- it mentions improved ABS with EBD
- has 1 st gen audio without Bluetooth or steering mounted controls or MDI interface
- has same alloy design
- the brochure showed heated seats but didn't mention in writing ( I suspect if Malay needs heated seats)
- has 4 front airbags
- brochure shows 60:40 split but doesn't mention
- 3 point seatbelt at rear
- internal surveillance

Cost: petrol at highline costs a whopping 17.7 lacs Inr

Last edited by newtonMeter : 8th August 2012 at 08:55.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 08:57   #4880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme

Ritzy,

Polo to be ugraded too? Any major feature upgrade like adding ABS to TL or CL?

Safety upgrades would be great and in line with VW's 'global commitment to safety', something they have not practised in India
Unfortunately not. No ABS in CL or TL. But polo will be upgraded similarly. HL plus gets features similar to Vento like new alloys, black headlamp new ICE etc.
CL gets EOVRM, rear defogger wash and wipe, MID,remote central lock etc.
I only hope these changes don't come with a hefty price increase.
Old 8th August 2012, 09:13   #4881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Cost: petrol at highline costs a whopping 17.7 lacs Inr
Don't go by the exact conversion to INR. In Malaysia foriegn brands are priced extremely high (especially European cars), mainly due to government norms to support home grown manufacturers like Proton.
Old 8th August 2012, 09:30   #4882
BHPian

don't be surprised if Vento gets navigation system
Old 8th August 2012, 09:30   #4883
BHPian

I am facing a peculiar problem in my Vento.
The problem is, whenever I am stopping for the security check at the office gate, after the check, when they try to close the boot it won't get locked. It is just bouncing back. Whenever I try doing it, after reaching the parking lot, it works. Initially I thought it may be because they are doing it the wrong way. But it was happening every day with different security staff. One of my friend after thinking on the possibilities, suggested that it might be that at the time they close it, engine is running. And yes, it seems that is correct, when I try myself with the engine running, the door is closing only after 3-4 tries.

Any clues.. before I go to the service person?

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th August 2012 at 12:18.
Old 8th August 2012, 09:37   #4884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
No, the Vento (yes, even the refreshed one) does not have EBD. It has only ABS. The same can be verified through the brochure and the same has also been discussed here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-263.html

---

If the new Vento gets a factory-fitted integrated GPS system, it is going to be so unfair to the owners who have only recently purchased the 2012 refreshed version.

My guess is, that dummy phone button on the steering wheel is finally going to get functional with bluetooth since so many competitors now offer it in this segment.
Old 8th August 2012, 10:47   #4885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
I am facing a peculiar problem in my Vento.
The problem is, whenever I am stopping for the security check at the office gate, after the check, when they try to close the bonnet it wont get locked. It is just bouncing back. Whenever I try doing it, after reaching the parking lot, it works. Initially I thought it may be because they are doing it the wrong way. But it was happening every day with different security staff. One of my friend after thinking on the possibilities, suggested that it might be that at the time they close it, engine is running. And yes, it seems that is correct, when I try myself with the engine running, the door is closing only after 3-4 tries.

Any clues.. before I go to the service person?
(Unfortunately for you) nothing of that sort - this is a daily affair at my office - the security guys are able to close the bonnet on the first try itself, while the car is running. So is the case at malls, multiplexes and other locations.

Do try to re-create the situation at your place before you go to the workshop - nothing will come out if you aren't able to show the problem to them right there.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 12:07   #4886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
(Unfortunately for you) nothing of that sort - this is a daily affair at my office - the security guys are able to close the bonnet on the first try itself, while the car is running. So is the case at malls, multiplexes and other locations.

Do try to re-create the situation at your place before you go to the workshop - nothing will come out if you aren't able to show the problem to them right there.
Sorry for the goofup. I am talking about the boot, not bonnet. I dont know how I made that typo
Old 8th August 2012, 12:17   #4887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Sorry for the goofup. I am talking about the boot, not bonnet. I dont know how I made that typo
The security guys at my workplace also open the boot everyday but I havent experienced this issue ever (2 months now). And yes the engine is running all the while.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:43   #4888
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Same here. I suspect they are either not doing it right (very likely) or there is something preventing it from happening effectively at the point where they try to shut it (is it on a slope, for example?)

Get the problem checked at once. The thing with boots that won't close is that people just try to do it harder and harder- after a point they may end up damaging it seriously.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 15:59   #4889
BHPian

I have faced the similar issue 2 months back when the car was not on. I couldn't close the boot for some mins. After that I never faced this issue.

I know this car got electronic lock I guess it's connected to the car central system. For example boot won't open when the car in move. May be some technical glitch? Similar to ACC not working for some time.
Old 8th August 2012, 16:23   #4890
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: Any of you guys visiting your workshop(s) in the near future, do flaunt your tbhp stickers. A few days back, the SA(s) at BU Bhandari were quite interested in knowing what is "Team BHP"

Even earlier I have raised (& shown) the TBHP website and Vento thread in particular to the sales team at the main showroom during the delivery stage. Not that it helped in any manner, however it might have an improved service in the coming days if they keep track of the number of cars having these stickers. Clearly the SA(s) at BUB understands that Gautam and I both have Vento Tdi with tbhp stickers and we know each other and share information with each other

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks