Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 18:46   #5536
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ventonians,
Q. What does this sign signify?
The wrench tool is generally used to denote Servicing. Is your car's due?

Or probably some error code has popped up. If you have an OBD scanner, now would be the time to use one.
Old 29th December 2012, 19:40   #5537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ventonians,
Ninja,
I think that spanner tells that you havent got the service done for your Vento yet. I saw your ownership thread and you had completed 29k kms and if you cross 30k kms without the service getting done, the spanner would show up.

If you did get the service done then the dumb guys at VW A.S.S forgot to reset the service reminder.
If both have been done - try disconnecting the -ve terminal of the battery for 10-15 mins and see if it goes but beware - features like one touch up/down of windows and auto lock/unlock might get deactivated.
Old 29th December 2012, 19:54   #5538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
The wrench tool is generally used to denote Servicing. Is your car's due?

Or probably some error code has popped up. If you have an OBD scanner, now would be the time to use one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Ninja,
I think that spanner tells that you havent got the service done for your Vento yet. I saw your ownership thread and you had completed 29k kms and if you cross 30k kms without the service getting done, the spanner would show up.
Ok - I should have expanded that initial Q. Yes, my 2nd servicing is pending, I'm at 29.5k. The service slot has been reserved for the coming week.

What I wanted to check out here is did anyone get the wrench notification before the 15k/30k/45k km mark was passed (without the servicing being done), like I'm getting.

My analysis of the situation is : I got my first servicing at 14.5k kms, and hence the car is showing the notification since 15k kms have passed, but technically I still have 500 kms to go for the 2nd servicing.
Old 29th December 2012, 20:47   #5539
Senior - BHPian

Important info to all

I had a very different experience at VW Workshop KSM Motors when I went for wheel alignment. Stay tuned for some very important updates. Will post it tomorrow.

Extended Warranty:

Those who all asked when can be the VW Extended warranty be purchased and what is the price, below is the picture which should clarify. Got it from VW KSM Motors, Nerul Navi Mumbai. Below image should clear all the doubts.

My suggestion, get the extended warranty asap.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-28122012850.jpg

Quote:

Attachment 1032332
It signifies INSPECTION. The ECU has registered some error and want's you to go to nearest Workshop and have it checked & rectified ASAP.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 20:56   #5540
BHPian

Quote:
Ventonians,

Attachment 1032332
I doubt it's an ECU error. I kept getting this message when I completed one year of ownership without getting the vehicle "Serviced".

After the service, it was all back to normal
Old 29th December 2012, 21:15   #5541
BHPian

Quote:
My analysis of the situation is : I got my first servicing at 14.5k kms, and hence the car is showing the notification since 15k kms have passed, but technically I still have 500 kms to go for the 2nd servicing.
This seems the obvious explanation. Once you get the servicing done, we'd all be clear.
Do you remember when the sign popped up the first time? If it's recent then has to be the 15K thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Important info to all

Extended Warranty:
Thanks for this man.
And looking forward for the info.
Old 29th December 2012, 21:35   #5542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
This seems the obvious explanation. Once you get the servicing done, we'd all be clear.
Do you remember when the sign popped up the first time? If it's recent then has to be the 15K thing.
Yup, it started coming up around 29.5k only.

Quote:
Important info to all

I had a very different experience at VW Workshop KSM Motors when I went for wheel alignment. Stay tuned for some very important updates. Will post it tomorrow.
Bleddy fellow. Creating hype and all! Give the updates will ya!
Old 29th December 2012, 23:53   #5543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ventonians,
My younger brother did some finding, says its due to service pending, as you have clocked over 15000 kms. No ECU error.

Quote:
Yup, it started coming up around 29.5k only.
As you did last service at 14.5K and adding 15K to it makes it 29.5K, so you are correct to assume that its due to service pending, since car has clocked more than 15000 kms. Get her serviced ASAP.

Quote:
Bleddy fellow. Creating hype and all! Give the updates will ya!
I had to be sure of what I say, that's why. Have put up one important piece of info on Polo thread which too I got from VW KSM Motors Workshop.
Old 30th December 2012, 15:53   #5544
Senior - BHPian

The VW Das Auto Experience.

Workshop: KSM Motors Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

Note : Its a long post.

It had been 9 months since my last visit to VW KSM Motors Workshop. My Vento TDi had been off alignment for some time which I wanted to get it rectified. Had been busy since Nov'12 till now, which mean't car was used sparingly and was idle for 1 month & it started with just one single crank like it was used yesterday. My car was pulling towards right, which needed to be rectified ASAP.

Most of us would rather get their vehicles wheel alignment done from outside but none of the shops near my place are good. So VW was the only choice.

Called up the workshop and surprise surprise I get an appointment, early morning next day for 9:30 am. Say about waiting. Service appointment was available as early as 7 Jan'13.

Reached the workshop at 9:50 am, 20 mins late since I wanted to get the air pressure checked first, 34 psi all round nitrogen.

The receptionist checks her list and confirms that I do have an appointment and notes down on the register with 5 more people who had come before me. Ask's me to wait and if I did want a coffee or tea.

SA are in their meeting which is held everyday. 10 am workshop people start pouring in. There are only 2 SA's only. They start with first person on register. So by 10:30 am I get my turn.

Lesson learn't, always arrive earlier by 9:31 am since workshop opens up at 9:30 am.

SA Mr. Maushir Khan makes the job card on his PC and tells me there are two service bulletin for my car. He said I could get it done today but the car would have to be kept till Monday evening or I could get it done when I get the service done in April'13. Undecided me, we had out for an inspection of the car for what all is there and what not, scratches, etc. VW is very systematic. By 10:40 am the car is taken in for wheel alignment.

Their mechanic straight away starts to work on the car and finds out that alignment is surely off and even camber is out. By 11:15 he was done and their workshop head Mr. Nishant takes the car for a spin and comes back stating, its still not proper.

Another round of alignment and then their head mechanic takes the car for a spin with me too tagging along. Finally the alignment was done and it was perfect.

I had brief chat with their head mechanic while we were testing the car. He is one positive guy Mr. Shetty and been in this field for 8 years and says that he has found VW as the best and concentrates on customer satisfaction the most.

I asked him about the dreaded car crash of a customers Jetta done by a fellow KSM worker, to which he stated yes it did occur. He said, accidents can happen, even Michael Schumacher crashes car in F1, no one is perfect and continued saying that KSM gave a brand new Jetta to that very customer, but no one knows about it though.

After that, I am confident, that anything goes wrong, I needn't worry much. Then after the TD we came back and now wheel alignment was perfect & done. I can head home now.

But, there workshop head Mr Nishant, comes and says that he needs to do a service bulletin which is very important and related to steering wheel, to which he says he needs to keep the car till next day at least.

I didn't wan't to leave the car behind, as I had other plans for weekend. A few talks with the head mechanic and he convinced their head that they can finish the car today itself, just because I requested them, even though they were having other cars to do the same. I'm humbled.

The work related to steering was gonna take about 5 hrs and it would be evening, so headed back home and SA offered me a drop till nearest Auto or Bus stand. Impressive.

My younger brother came by and we headed back home. At 5 pm called the SA and he said I could come over. Reached the workshop and asked the SA to prepare the bill, only to find out their system is down and cannot give me a bill but will email me later. I was fine with it. But preparing the other papers & gate pass took sometime, as there were two SA's only and many cars to attend.

The total for wheel alignment came at Rs. 353 including every tax, great. Paid up in cash and other SA asked me he will have my car delivered.

Surprise, surprise, car keys cannot be located at the workshop. SA searched the workshop board, asked every one if they had keys of my car. I was like

Then meanwhile they were looking for keys, I go over to the board where all keys are kept. Since I had a Rs. 430 original VW key chain on my car keys, it can be easily distinguished as no one puts a Rs 430 key chain.

So it took me few seconds, and I found my car keys. Just one among to have the key chain.

The reason why they weren't able to locate the keys was, they were reading my vehicle number 6061 as 1909. I had a quick LOL moment.

So anyway thanked all and everyone whoever I interacted with and even the watchmen. Kind of I now know most of the people and they can easily recognize me. The only car crazy person who keeps strolling the workshop looking here & there asking this that.

Now for the finer points:
1. KSM Motors has surely gotten better from last time I visited. Mr. Arvind Saxena is surely making VW better. Customer centric approach.
2. The SA are under a lot of work given the number of cars. If they forget to call you for car pick or other thing, you should call up and ask about the car updates.
3. Always thank each & everyone as it's always the small things which leave a lasting impression.

The important updates:

1. Service bulletin no. : 97Y2

Work: Related to steering, to prevent some damage that could happen. Highly recommended. The steering on my car has become a bit stiffer, but I'm actually liking it.

Charges : Free of cost.

2, Service bulletin no. : 72E3

Work: VW is replacing the front driver & co-driver seat frames, to newer ones which are stronger and coated to prevent rusting.

Could be done later but workshop needs at least one whole day, so car can be delivered next day only. Would get it done during next service.

Now who all said VW is bad, I would say, have you heard of a company who replaces seat frames for free because customer are having troubles with earlier ones, no. VW is surely one for whom customer satisfaction is utmost.

I'm enjoying every single kilometers I clock in my Vento and I'm very grateful I didn't pick Honda City due to heard mentality and went with my heart and took the leap of faith when VW was just 3 months into selling Vento.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 12:43   #5545
BHPian

Nice account of your visit, Rohaan!

Quote:
The work related to steering was gonna take about 5 hrs and it would be evening, so headed back home and SA offered me a drop till nearest Auto or Bus stand. Impressive.
I hope they did not offer you a lift in a customer's car, because that's what VW Palace Cross did during my last visit to the workshop. I promptly refused. I would not liked anyone else being ferried across the city in my car.

Quote:
KSM Motors has surely gotten better from last time I visited. Mr. Arvind Saxena is surely making VW better. Customer centric approach.
That's good to hear! I sincerely hope VW has a hand in this and this attitude reflects in all other dealers' customer handling sooner or later!

Quote:
The important updates:

1. Service bulletin no. : 97Y2

2, Service bulletin no. : 72E3
Are these bulletins specific to year/month of manufacture?
Old 31st December 2012, 17:41   #5546
BHPian

Quote:
Extended Warranty:

Those who all asked when can be the VW Extended warranty be purchased and what is the price, below is the picture which should clarify. Got it from VW KSM Motors, Nerul Navi Mumbai. Below image should clear all the doubts.

My suggestion, get the extended warranty asap.
Why? Not sure whether I read this thread fully on that aspect. My dealer is also suggesting an extended warranty besides an additional bumper-to-bumper insurance package that covers rubber/glass/plastic parts as well. I am confused.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:40   #5547
Senior - BHPian

Note:
Received bill by email very next day, for both the wheel alignment and under warranty conducted work. I'm again impressed.

Work done under warranty came at a total of Rs. 959 without labour cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nice account of your visit, Rohaan!
Thanks, took me a while to pen down the whole thing.

Quote:
I hope they did not offer you a lift in a customer's car, because that's what VW Palace Cross did during my last visit to the workshop. I promptly refused. I would not liked anyone else being ferried across the city in my car.
I didn't ask them about it, but will give them a benefit of doubt. If it had been a customers car me too would have refused availing the service.

Quote:
That's good to hear! I sincerely hope VW has a hand in this and this attitude reflects in all other dealers' customer handling sooner or later!
Yes, surely VW has a hand in this and they are improving and more due to the new head at VW Mr. Arvind Saxena.

Quote:
Are these bulletins specific to year/month of manufacture?
Yes. SA can check the VIN number of the car and he should be able to find out which all service bulletins are for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Why? Not sure whether I read this thread fully on that aspect. My dealer is also suggesting an extended warranty besides an additional bumper-to-bumper insurance package that covers rubber/glass/plastic parts as well. I am confused.
Because it covers the engine and other things for another 2 years or till 1,00,000 Kms at a very low cost of Rs. 11K which I think is a apt price to pay for peace of mind.

Regarding the insurance cover, well the dealer is providing additional cover over a normal policy. In normal policy it doesn't cover the engine sump damages, but under bumper to bumper, its all covered. As the number of additional cover increases so does the premium. Just get a zero dep policy and get quotations from outside unless dealer is giving free insurance.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:57   #5548
BHPian

Quote:
Work: VW is replacing the front driver & co-driver seat frames, to newer ones which are stronger and coated to prevent rusting.

Could be done later but workshop needs at least one whole day, so car can be delivered next day only. Would get it done during next service.

Hey I am facing this exact problem! I noticed it last week only.

The co-passenger seat rail has rusted in patches.
Thanks for the info again mate, would contact my WS now.

But, is this really serious? My servicing would be due in Feb, so should I wait till then, or just go for it now?
Old 31st December 2012, 19:08   #5549
BHPian

blue wind @ coorg!

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bwind.jpeg
Old 31st December 2012, 19:15   #5550
Distinguished - BHPian

People nearing 30k / crossed 30k, do share when you had to change your brake pads. I'm almost at 30k, and the brakes seem fine. A bit surprising, but I'm absolutely sure about this. Wondering if this change would be pushed on me during the 2nd servicing.

Most Viewed