Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2013, 17:28   #5656
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Is tax extra on the EW amount?
I realized today that the time limit is 23 months and not 2 years and with a few days remaining I hurried into action.
Called up WC VW and they gave me a 18K quote for my P-Vento.
I'll be going there tomorrow to get this done.
The amount is including every tax but Vento P is quoted at Rs. 15457, so 18K is quite extra. Have it checked with SA and tax rate shouldn't be different between Mumbai & Delhi. You would also get an extended warranty booklet, which I received via courier.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 16:33   #5657
BHPian

Got the EW done today. Also got the Road Side Assistance.
Here's a tariff pic if someone needs:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130123-15.05.48.jpg

Please note the time limit is 23 months and not 2 years. Even I almost missed this.

For EW only tariffs, El Lobo's has already posted.
negativeH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 10:42   #5658
BHPian

With heavy Heart I want to report the first blemish on my silver bullet which happened yesterday evening while going home.

I was driving in a moderate traffic at about 40kmph when the car in front braked suddenly. I also applied the brakes immediately but my car still pulled on and I had to apply the brakes again very hard this time ( I panicked a bit as the car had pulled on)

There was a indica cab behind me which I had noticed when I braked second time and thank god it also managed to stop just in time. Suddenly, I here a loud thud from the back of my car. It took me a second to realize that the car behind the indica cab could not brake in time and hence had hit the indica which in turn had hit my boot. I got down immediately and here is what I see :

As you will observe, there is no indentation in the bumper , but the top portion of the bumper( where it integrated into the lower boot) had developed a crack of about 18 inches length. Since there was no point of arguing, and there was already a traffic snarl developing behind, I left the spot. The cab driver had managed to get 500/- from the car behind him but since it was not his fault, I left him alone.

Returning home , I started thinking about what had actually happened and why the car could not come to a stop the first time . I recall a earlier reply by coolboy on my concern on braking in the Vento :

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

The braking is fantastic in Vento but one thing that even i noticed is that the first 10-15% of pedal travel doesnt induce much stopping power, the pedal modulation is missing a bit, also the excessive torque of 2nd gear is hard to control in stop go traffic, it just runs away forward. This is in comparison to Linea which i own where the car starts braking as soon as brakes are pressed and it being a petrol - there is just no torque
But since I was not convinced fully and having suffered, I got the tyre pressure checked today morning. Shockingly the rear left tyre was showing a pressure of 20 and it had a puncture.

A small nail was recovered by the pump puncture guy and he did a "spot Repair" of it the way they do it in tubeless tyres nowadays by pushing a gum like substance inside the puncture hole.

While I am still recovering from the first taint on my beloved, I must also appreciate the fact that the bumper managed to absorb the hit quite well and showed no denting in or disengagement from the body. The crack , i guess, have to live with it !

Any suggestions / observations from you guys are welcome on how to cover the crack are welcome ( except the suggestion of covering it with BHP stickers which I have already thought of )
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2013012400055.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 25th January 2013 at 04:09. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
saaicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 14:47   #5659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaicon View Post
With heavy Heart I want to report the first blemish on my silver bullet which happened yesterday evening while going home.
Further to my above post , I would also like to have an opinion from friends here whether there is any chance of the crack propagating later on. Do i need to go for insurance claim considering that I have a Zero dip insurance on this car? I personally dont think it is looking very ugly and may wait for a couple of more blemishes like this and then go for a claim if there is no danger of this crack getting worse thru propagation.

Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 15:18   #5660
BHPian

Quote:
Further to my above post , I would also like to have an opinion from friends here whether there is any chance of the crack propagating later on. Do i need to go for insurance claim considering that I have a Zero dip insurance on this car? I personally dont think it is looking very ugly and may wait for a couple of more blemishes like this and then go for a claim if there is no danger of this crack getting worse thru propagation.
Use 3M black out tape on the top of the bumber. Refer to the pic and link below

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-acc_cp_boot_sill_guard_1k0061195.jpg

and the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuin...-/180931867113

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Got the EW done today. Also got the Road Side Assistance. Here's a tariff pic if someone needs:

Attachment 1041673

Please note the time limit is 23 months and not 2 years. Even I almost missed this.

For EW only tariffs, El Lobo's has already posted.
thanks

where in delhi did you get it done? what all do you need to get it done (Docs?) do we need to take the car to the dealer?

Note from Support - Please read the forum rules here with reference to rule # 5b. Please avoid back-to-back posts. You need to click on multi-quote button to reply to multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 25th January 2013 at 08:36. Reason: posts merged
Old 24th January 2013, 18:11   #5661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally dont think it is looking very ugly and may wait for a couple of more blemishes like this and then go for a claim if there is no danger of this crack getting worse thru propagation.Thanks
Extremely sad to see your car in such a state, you had just bought it but things like these keep happening and you cant do much, buying a sedan in our country is a decision one makes by heart and you really cant do much or fight in such chain accidents. I thought the bumper can take these impacts but it was an Indica and it being a Tata can very well judge how solid his bumper would be.

The brake pedal modulation is different in all the cars, drive a Jetta (new gen), i almost banged my head as they are super sharp, drive the Vento, park it and drive Jetta to believe me, you press the pedal a centimetre and the car stops dead , also drive a Verna - that car refuses to stop despite 4 discs. Nothing wrong with Vento brakes but you need to use the clutch to control or else it gallops forward, i read that VW release some firmware update for this.

To be honest the crack looks ugly but then its entirely upto you, replacing the bumper and repainting it would cost a bomb + you will lose the factory finish and without car for a few days/weeks but since you have zero dep insurance, you only need to worry about the NCB which you wont get.

I would suggest visiting some local garage whom you trust, if that crack isnt very wide (i cant judge from pics), get it moulded and then get it covered with high quality 3M carbon fibre tape, with the silver color, it wont look tacky or go with newtonmeter's suggestion.

For reference posting member KarthikK's post, he got his Punto covered with this tape.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3003159

Last edited by coolboy007 : 24th January 2013 at 18:14.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 23:37   #5662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
thanks

where in delhi did you get it done? what all do you need to get it done (Docs?) do we need to take the car to the dealer?
World Class VW, Moti Nagar.
You just need the owner's name (of the car), the chassis number (imprinted on the front left side below wiper and on the RC) and the reg'n number.
I was not asked anything bout the car, so I don't think so that you need the car there.
Old 27th January 2013, 17:31   #5663
BHPian

in yesterdays lond drive, i faced a strange issue lately in my vento tdi. at speeds between 65 -70kmph,( 5th gear) ,the car starts to shake mildly but perceptibly.this vibration is limited to these speeds only and disappears at higher speeds. this has happened more than once or twice and on different stretches.the car is one month and 1050kms old. tyre pressures were checked and they are 32psi. one tyre had a puncture earlier which was repaired.

any ideas from fellow vento members on why it happened and what can be the remedy.
Old 27th January 2013, 18:23   #5664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in yesterdays lond drive, i faced a strange issue lately in my vento tdi. at speeds between 65 -70kmph,( 5th gear) ,the car starts to shake mildly but perceptibly.this vibration is limited to these speeds only and disappears at higher speeds. this has happened more than once or twice and on different stretches.the car is one month and 1050kms old. tyre pressures were checked and they are 32psi. one tyre had a puncture earlier which was repaired.

any ideas from fellow vento members on why it happened and what can be the remedy.
Check if it speed related - If it speed related then it should happen at 5th, 4th and even 3rd gear

If so the culprit may be the "Puncture Repair". The plug used to repair the puncture has unbalanced the tyre (or the weights may have fallen off if the tyre was unmounted from the rim). Check the balance and rectify it.
Old 27th January 2013, 20:18   #5665
BHPian

Quote:

Get your wheel balancing done.
Should resolve the issue
Old 28th January 2013, 19:09   #5666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
for now there are no new features or alloys in 2013 vento. if you can wait till February, you will get New Radio with bluetooth integrated. just ask sales person for Feb 2013 manufactured car when you go to showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Called up two VW showrooms, both have no clue about the bluetooth integration and Feb model.
Quote:
I think it may not be a big issue and may not require harware addition as the 2013 models already have a dummy phone button on the centr of the steering mounted controls.It might be a software addition to the existing system but I am not sure on this.
Today the VW Salesman confirmed me that the new model Vento Highline will have an updated ICE that will sport a Touch screen with built-in bluetooth and navigation. He also told me that, it is a completely new ICE and hence a software update will not do any good. But when I checked my ICE, it does have a bluetooth audio item in the menu, though it does not do anything at present. He added that the price is shooting up by end Feb when these models arrive and the on-road Chennai for TDI Highline would be around 13L. Not sure whether he is trying to comfort me. :-(

Last edited by Crank : 28th January 2013 at 19:10. Reason: Grammar
Old 28th January 2013, 19:38   #5667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Today the VW Salesman confirmed me that the new model Vento Highline will have an updated ICE that will sport a Touch screen with built-in bluetooth and navigation. He also told me that, it is a completely new ICE and hence a software update will not do any good. But when I checked my ICE, it does have a bluetooth audio item in the menu, though it does not do anything at present. He added that the price is shooting up by end Feb when these models arrive and the on-road Chennai for TDI Highline would be around 13L. Not sure whether he is trying to comfort me. :-(
it will have built in bluetooth but not touchscreen or navigation. he is just fooling around with rumors.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:57   #5668
BHPian

The dealer has informed me that the new ICE on Vento has a PHONE button on it. Does the existing ICE have such button ?

Can someone please paste a picture of the existing ICE on vento.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20130128wa001.jpg  

Old 28th January 2013, 23:19   #5669
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer has informed me that the new ICE on Vento has a PHONE button on it. Does the existing ICE have such button ?

Can someone please paste a picture of the existing ICE on vento.
Here you go. There is no phone button on the current RCD 310.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image3266779330.jpg
Old 29th January 2013, 12:23   #5670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Today the VW Salesman confirmed me that the new model Vento Highline will have an updated ICE that will sport a Touch screen with built-in bluetooth and navigation. He also told me that, it is a completely new ICE and hence a software update will not do any good. But when I checked my ICE, it does have a bluetooth audio item in the menu, though it does not do anything at present.
I suppose he might be hinting at the IPL edition of Vento. Since the next round of IPL is nearing, they will be coming out with IPL Edition 3 of the Vento which might offer some more goodies as compared to last year (they had provided a tv screen for rear seats in Edition 2 along with other things).

Quote:
From where is this snap taken?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks