Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 19:32   #5761
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

New vento buyers, have you checked if the phone button on the steering wheel works. VW Downtown Mumbai sales executive is saying its still a dummy button, which I find hard to believe.
Old 11th February 2013, 22:10   #5762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
New vento buyers, have you checked if the phone button on the steering wheel works. VW Downtown Mumbai sales executive is saying its still a dummy button, which I find hard to believe.
Yupp. It works. I paired it with my phone and answered a call from the SA. It can be paired with upto 4 phones simultaneously. I could not try music streaming though.

I am in the process of finalising TDI Highline. Only insurance and corporate discount offered on 2013 VINS, with 2012 VINS getting a flat 50k discount OR 0% finance upto 7 lacs.

Any pointers guys?
sidoza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 09:02   #5763
Senior - BHPian

how come there are no actual pictures of the pepper grey vento

P.S
please bring back the blue theme for the forum , the silver and black theme are quite hard on the eyes
Old 12th February 2013, 11:15   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoza View Post
I am in the process of finalising TDI Highline. Only insurance and corporate discount offered on 2013 VINS, with 2012 VINS getting a flat 50k discount OR 0% finance upto 7 lacs.

Any pointers guys?
my suggestion would be, go for 2013 VIN as you are getting insurance and corporate discount also which reduces the gap between 2012 and 2013 discount.
integrated bluetooth is really a nice add-on.
Old 12th February 2013, 12:39   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
my suggestion would be, go for 2013 VIN as you are getting insurance and corporate discount also which reduces the gap between 2012 and 2013 discount.
integrated bluetooth is really a nice add-on.
Thanks a lot Nicky! Really appreciate that. I loved the integrated bluetooth capability. The dealer (BUB) says it may take up to 45 days to get the car from the booking day. He mentioned that offers applicable at billing will be considered, and not the ones at the time of the booking. I just don't get this argument. Besides, he is not offering anything in terms of free accessories or stuff.

Will need to book a car due to family pressure now, as my father needs the swift that I am driving right now. You do not want to know since how long this new car saga is going on...
Old 12th February 2013, 15:55   #5766
BHPian

Quote:
Yupp. It works. I paired it with my phone and answered a call from the SA. It can be paired with upto 4 phones simultaneously. I could not try music streaming though.
Can u confirm if the music system is RCD 310 or RCD 320 ? I have September 2012 manufactured Vento with RCD 310 and the dummy button does not work
Old 12th February 2013, 16:03   #5767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaicon View Post
Can u confirm if the music system is RCD 310 or RCD 320 ? I have September 2012 manufactured Vento with RCD 310 and the dummy button does not work
My friend, I don't think the phone button will ever work on the older model. The music system was a different to the one I saw before. This is 320 model, with USB, SD Card slots just below the DIN interface. The SA mentioned that the button is no longer a dummy anymore.

Sorry about that. Hopefully, it can be configured with a software update. Not too confident about it though...
Old 12th February 2013, 16:04   #5768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Did you take the Voluntary deduction while taking the policy? That is around 1500 or so I think. If you take that deduction while taking the policy, you have to pay the processing fee for the insurance. Atleast that's what I know, could be wrong.
I checked on my policy and also called Bharati Axa. It seems there is something called "compulsory deductable" in the policy which is 2000/- for every claim. The insurance company informed that this is the minimum for any car with a Engine capacity of >1500cc.
Old 12th February 2013, 16:27   #5769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Folks whats the situation with the brake pads ? My first brake pad change happened around the 22K - 23K kms mark and the other day while getting my wheel balanced / aligned I was told that my brake pads need to be changed again so the second set is gone in 17K - 18K kms which is surprising .
Thats a bit weird as to why you should have the same problem twice. I have done now over 25K now and have started to feel a slight loss of bite in the brakes though they still do their job pretty well. Did the service center give you any specific reason as to why your brake pads needed change so early?
Old 12th February 2013, 17:16   #5770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Folks whats the situation with the brake pads ? My first brake pad change happened around the 22K - 23K kms mark and the other day while getting my wheel balanced / aligned I was told that my brake pads need to be changed again so the second set is gone in 17K - 18K kms which is surprising .
Interesting to see you consuming the pads so fast! Average (pad) life on the forum seems to be around 25k. And I trust the wheel balancing workshop is a non-VW, more trustworthy team, so there shouldn't be reason to doubt their advice/opinion.

@saaicon,
Care to scan & upload that clause? I have heard about & exprienced processing charges for a zero-dep claim, but voluntary/compulsory deduction is supposed to be a different aspect. You might be mixing up both.
Old 12th February 2013, 21:04   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
RCD 310 can be made blue tooth enabled with the 9w7 kit. the problem is its too expensive - around 400 dollars with the original VW harness,mic,bluetooth module that will integrate into rcd 310.

Although 320 is great with bluetooth, i dont think it has MDI connection, though it might have a USB will make ur dash a little cluttered.
Old 15th February 2013, 19:12   #5772
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post
Hi Champs.

I own a 2012 Model Vento TDI Highline and done around 9000KM as of now in 5 months. Is it recommended to do a General Checkup and any idea how much they charge for it?(of course guys, I am also a victim of a Brocken sump guard and, my hairs stood up when I heard the price for getting it replaced. I somehow managed to tie up the Brocken one safely back but a weekly checkup on the same is almost my routine task now). I do not drive in a dusty environment but still is it a good plan to get air filter cleaned?

LOTHAR
Yes Lothar, its always recommended to do a GC after 8000KM. This is to ensure all the oil levels are on the prescribed measures and if needed top ups will be provided. Dont worry about the filters as well, it comes under routine checkup. Go for it.

I am sorry about your sump guard, heard that a VW Vento Sump guard costs around 7K. I am also a vicitim of the same case but its SX4 and a worthwhile Rs 700 did the job for me. Hail Maruti!!!

Please come back after you are done with your GC. Cheers!
Old 16th February 2013, 10:47   #5773
BHPian

My one month old vento has had a puncture on the left rear tyre. The puncture was repaired by a petrol pump guy( the new variety of repair where a glue type rubber compound is injected into the puncture hole without opening the tyre)

Yesterday on checking the air pressure , I found that the tyre is loosing air and the pressure has fallen to 23psi

I want an advice from the vento owners if I can change just that tyre alone by any other brand of same size. I read through the various posts in this and other forums on the most recommended upsize of vento tyre to 205/55/R15. But unfortunately, I have company lease issues for changing all the tyres so early

Hence, the question is, is it ok if I change the existing 185/60/R15 punctured tyre to another brand ( dont want to go with acceleres again) of same size? Will it be an issue in the balance of the car as different brands of tyres have different characteristics? Also, what brand is recommended for comfortable ride and lower road sound ( handling in high speeds is not a criterion as I rarely go beyond 100kph)

Last edited by saaicon : 16th February 2013 at 10:50.
Old 16th February 2013, 11:34   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer (BUB) says it may take up to 45 days to get the car from the booking day. He mentioned that offers applicable at billing will be considered, and not the ones at the time of the booking. I just don't get this argument. Besides, he is not offering anything in terms of free accessories or stuff.

Will need to book a car due to family pressure now, as my father needs the swift that I am driving right now. You do not want to know since how long this new car saga is going on...
Yo ho, 45 days? seems like you are in Pune and a bit surprising that it would take so long to get it delivered. Is it because of some specific color?

I can relate to your saga (which it seems now is becoming common, due to the number of choices available . Its a new hobby now !). After a lot of running around, I finally did my booking last week and the time frame given to me was around 20 days. I also insisted with my SA that it should be Feb 2013 make and yes, absolutely no discounts.
Old 16th February 2013, 11:49   #5775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My one month old vento has had a puncture on the left rear tyre. The puncture was repaired by a petrol pump guy..

Yesterday on checking the air pressure , I found that the tyre is loosing air and the pressure has fallen to 23psi

I want an advice from the vento owners if I can change just that tyre alone by any other brand of same size.
Changing a tyre due a puncture without a side wall failure is overkill in my view. I think you should take the car to a tyre shop and check if there are additional punctures or just get the old one repaired properly. If you are changing tyres, get two done at the same time.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks