Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 20:01   #6151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Guys my Vento's First Year Insurance renewal is coming up, Landmark Insurance Brokers has given me the below attached quote, any views :-

Attachment 1081928

Total Premium comes to INR 21,015 along with Zero Depreciation.
The premium quoted by the broker is good considering my second year Zero Dep policy from Bharti AXA came at Rs. 20899. Since now third party insurance is costlier, there have been increase in premium.

My current 3rd year premium for Zero Dep came at Rs. 24622 from Bharti AXA with 25% NCB included.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:15   #6152
BHPian

You are getting a good premium. I had paid ~25k for a similar IDV although I had no NCB which finally made it around 4-4.5k extra for me.
Old 8th May 2013, 22:33   #6153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Guys my Vento's First Year Insurance renewal is coming up, Landmark Insurance Brokers has given me the below attached quote, any views :-

Total Premium comes to INR 21,015 along with Zero Depreciation.

Cheers
Sid
I has horrendous experience with landmark.

They took cheque from me 10days prior to the expiration of cheque.

They could not issue the cover note in 10 days and I had to do a stop payment and get a online renewal at the last moment.
Old 12th May 2013, 15:34   #6154
BHPian

Hey all,

Planning to purchase VW Highline Vento AT in Mysore. Anybody has any idea what mileage can be expected from this car at only City Limits?

Also any recommended accessories that is worth to consider?

Thanks!
Old 12th May 2013, 15:53   #6155
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know about Mysore traffic, but we get about 8 kmpl in Bombay city peak hour traffic conditions - with an average speed of about 15- 20 kmph. This improves to about 12 kmpl if we take urban highways to the suburbs (average speed 45 kph with peaks of 100).
Old 13th May 2013, 11:23   #6156
BHPian

When I slot my key and turn to the first position, I see all the indicators coming alive for brief period after which they die off except the one as in the attached picture. But as soon as the engine is started this goes off. Is there anything wrong or is it normal behavior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys when I take my Vento over a speed breaker at 10-15kmph,the rear jumps up and comes down with a thud.Has anybody experienced this??
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I too hear the thud/bang/whatever, when the rear lands on the ground, on going over speed breakers, unless it is dead slow. The thud is famous on this thread almost from the beginning, and I didn't want to think much about it after reading this post.

Or guys, is there any workaround?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
The suspension "hops" over some small speed breakers under zero load on the rear. I have two such breakers near my home. I have learnt that it hops only when you are within a certain speed range. Unfortunately, I'm used to driving at that speed over the breakers on my swift. So now I have to tell myself to go slower
It's unnerving at first, but its just the way suspension works, and it doesn't bother me anymore ( got the car last Friday, btw).
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Does it work really?

I thought this thud is just one of Vento features that we have to put up with whatever may be. It startles everyone around whenever it happens (I try to drive at dead slow speeds yet sometimes can hear it). My wife, if shes there, then chides me to drive slow By the way I keep around 33 psi in all 4 tyres.
I found a work around for this. Brake just before the speed breaker and press the clutch to let the momentum carry her over the speed breaker. This works most of the time, though I am yet to master this technique completely.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-p1060352_rsc.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th May 2013 at 15:38.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:31   #6157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
When I slot my key and turn to the first position, I see all the indicators coming alive for brief period after which they die off except the one as in the attached picture. But as soon as the engine is started this goes off. Is there anything wrong or is it normal behavior?
That is the 'Check Engine light'; also known as Engine Malfunction Indicator Lamp. It going off completely is the way to go when the engine is started. It lights up when there is any error/ issue with the fuel injection system.

It should not light up when the engine is running but while you turn the key to the ignition position, it will light up. Cars with no problems with the Fuel Injection system will see them go off as soon as the engine fires to life.

Hence, I think its there is no issue with your car if it goes away when the engine starts, as you have stated.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:53   #6158
BHPian

Quote:
When I slot my key and turn to the first position, I see all the indicators coming alive
As Saket said, this is normal, nothing to worry (I had the same doubt some time back and confirmed it from service center. Only thing is, the manual doesn't comment on this "specific" case.). It should not stay on after the engine fires.

This reminds me: The seat belt warning sound (indicator image probably flashes briefly) dosen't come when I slot the key. But, last week, on more than one occasion, that sound came and I was reminded. I was of course playing around with various knobs. Not sure, what I did, but, it does not come any more.

Last edited by stringbh : 13th May 2013 at 11:59. Reason: more info and alignment
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:55   #6159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
Hey all,

Planning to purchase VW Highline Vento AT in Mysore. Anybody has any idea what mileage can be expected from this car at only City Limits?

Also any recommended accessories that is worth to consider?

Thanks!
In Bangalore on the Outer Ring Road (where I drive mostly) I get between 11-12 (and upto 15 in late evenings) as its relatively congestion free. But in the interior areas of Bangalore like Koramangla or Indiranagar when I go there it falls to 8-9 kmpl! So it will be below 10 if roads in your area are not so good but I guess in Mysore (from whatever I've seen of it) you should be able to get better mileage.
Old 13th May 2013, 19:14   #6160
BHPian

@crank you still have the film stuck to the dials! ;-)
Old 13th May 2013, 20:54   #6161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
In Bangalore on the Outer Ring Road (where I drive mostly) I get between 11-12 (and upto 15 in late evenings) as its relatively congestion free. But in the interior areas of Bangalore like Koramangla or Indiranagar when I go there it falls to 8-9 kmpl! So it will be below 10 if roads in your area are not so good but I guess in Mysore (from whatever I've seen of it) you should be able to get better mileage.
Well, that answers my question! Thanks for the reply.
Old 14th May 2013, 10:34   #6162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
@crank you still have the film stuck to the dials! ;-)
Yes. ;-)

Noticed a difference in the idle rpm and also the fuel economy today. It's much better than what I used to get in the same stretch. It is a visible and noticeable difference as the mileage jumped to 16.5 from the normal 14.5. Is it something to do with ECU getting adjusted itself or the weather, as its cooler by 3-4 degrees than the last 60 days?
Old 14th May 2013, 12:08   #6163
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. ;-)

Noticed a difference in the idle rpm and also the fuel economy today. It's much better than what I used to get in the same stretch. It is a visible and noticeable difference as the mileage jumped to 16.5 from the normal 14.5. Is it something to do with ECU getting adjusted itself or the weather, as its cooler by 3-4 degrees than the last 60 days?
Even I have noticed the same behaviour. ie. when the outside temperature is cooler, I get a better mileage.

Anyone else have noticed it?
Old 15th May 2013, 07:36   #6164
BHPian

Guys what's your take on car covers?? Somebody has scratched my Vento using a stone.I don't want to get it done unless i am sure i can take precautions against it. Will covering the car make the paint lose its lustre??

Any good car covers you can suggest??
Old 15th May 2013, 08:49   #6165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Any good car covers you can suggest??
Check the tyvek covers, it does work for me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ers-worth.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks