Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 11:04   #6646
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
30 in front and rear has been alright for me over the last 1 year for mostly 2 people ride in city areas. But on longer rides with variable rides and unreliable air checking points, 33 front and rear has served well in ride and mileage. (Vento tdi has done 42k now and on 2nd set of tyres after 38k)

Thankyou tomchacks, I will keep it mind. I do plan to make occasional highway runs with the car. But im not satisfied with the stock goodyear tyres, it lacks grip.
Old 6th November 2013, 14:50   #6647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
After contemplating for a long time whether to change the head lamps to better bulbs wit stock wattage or to upgrade with relays to 100/90, I decided to play it safe and replaced the stock Osram with Philips xterme vision 60/55. Chose Philips Xtreme vision after researching on team bhp. There is a marked improvement in the brightness. The yellow tinge is far lesser. The throw of light is longer and broader. I am very happy with the bulbs.
Hi, I've also been contemplating on the same for some time now, putting better 60/55. I had casually gone through some threads earlier and was thinking of going with Osram NB+ over the Philips. I'm more concerned with the present pointed throw and the low brightness of light. Do not want to go for white light or higher wattage with relays.

I would also very much go with the DIY route as I dread taking the car to the ASC. On the first read, I couldn't understand much from the Owner's Manual regarding changing headlamps. Should I re-read it or any other pointers to take care of?

How bad is buying bulbs online? Philips XtremeVision 60/55 costs 600/- per bulb at vicky.in
Old 6th November 2013, 15:20   #6648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Hi, I've also been contemplating on the same for some time now, putting better 60/55. I had casually gone through some threads earlier and was thinking of going with Osram NB+ over the Philips. I'm more concerned with the present pointed throw and the low brightness of light. Do not want to go for white light or higher wattage with relays.

I would also very much go with the DIY route as I dread taking the car to the ASC. On the first read, I couldn't understand much from the Owner's Manual regarding changing headlamps. Should I re-read it or any other pointers to take care of?

How bad is buying bulbs online? Philips XtremeVision 60/55 costs 600/- per bulb at vicky.in
Personally, I would strongly suggest you go for 60/55 phillips extreme vision. They are far bettwe than the Osram bulbs. Also, no relays hence no issues with warranty. I found the throw and intensity were far better than stock.

If u plan on DIY, please read the manual very catefully. It gives a clear pictoral guide. However, I made a mistake of trying to yank the head lamp units with all the bulbs attached n landed up damaging once connector. If u look carefully, u can remove the parking bulbs and indicator bulbs by turning their respective holders anti-clockwise. Remove them before u remove the head lamp. The rest is pretty straight forward.

600 for a single bulb is too steep. Try looking around, u can easily find auto accessories store selling genuine stuff for far lesser. I paid 950 for a pair frm a philips distributor.

All the best.

Regards
ASVA
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 15:40   #6649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Actually Osram and Philips versions you are considering are the same, I am using both together on my Punto, and there is no difference in output. The price is roughly 100/- more than what it used to be, but I guess its alright. I suggest you buy it and get it fixed at any car accessory shop instead of the online route.

Fixing a bulb can be tricky if you don't manage to slot it correctly, although removing it takes very little effort.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 23:43   #6650
Senior - BHPian

Vento owner i had a query, of late am noticing slight tingling vibes on the steering wheel, the reduce once the clutch is pressed but you can feel them. The steering doesnt wobble (in cases where balancing is out), just a few tingling vibes on the steering around 70-80, past 100, there is nothing, it smoothens out.

Should i get the balancing checked or its just the TDi vibes
Old 7th November 2013, 09:03   #6651

Whats a good brand of reverse parking camera with mirror display and good head light bulbs for Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel without hampering warranty
Old 7th November 2013, 15:18   #6652
BHPian

Not sure what is happening but I feel VW is back to old ways of dealing with prospective buyers. I booked a Black highline on 24th October with promised delivery of 2 weeks time. Now it is extending to 2 months as the dealer says the factory shipped them Blue instead of Black. Other dealers in city also do not have Black. I am not sure if there is a sudden spike in demand or if the situation has been the same all through. Now the dealer is asking me to take the corporate edition which does not have steering mount controls or RCD 320(RCD 310 instead) but with trunk spoiler, chrome garnish here and there, garmin system, door pad and door sil. Have asked him for date of manufacture of the car.

I am in verge of selling my 2011 vento as that was under lease and I have changed jobs. Wanted to go for the Highline diesel again but VW is trying its level best to delay things.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:07   #6653
BHPian

Changed my booking to Corporate edition. Apparently there is a less advertised model in between Comfortline and Highline called as Highline bridge model.

Common across models
*Automatic climate control
*ABS
*Airbag for both driver and front seat passenger
*Alloy wheels
*Chrome insert for steering wheel, AC vent etc
*Leather wrapped steering wheel
*RCD 320
*Rear parking sensors with audio alert
*185/60 alloy wheels. The test drive for Bridge one had Good year tyres!! Hope that is not the standard

Highline only
*Steering mounted controls and functional bluetooth in RCD 320
*Smoked headlamps
*Perforated leatherette seats

Bridge only
*Normal headlamps or pre refreshed headlamps
*Trunk spoiler
*Door step garnish
*Door guard
*Chrome styling for windows
*Rear camera
*Garmin GPS navigator integrated with rear camera
*Free mud flaps and floor mat
*Non perforated Leatherette seats

The Bridge edition costs 15000 Rs less than highline which had a 45000 Rs festive discount. The price is reduced in ex showroom.

The dealer is quoting 40000 Rs for insurance. When I checked in ICICI Lombard it was 27984. Both are standard insurance and not zero dep. Hence am planning to get the insurance done outside.

Dealer is also giving me corporate discount of 8000 Rs plus a cash discount of 5000 Rs as they messed up with the booking. I am also asking him to waive off the 3000 Rs essential pack as anyway the corporate edition comes with mudflaps and floor mats.

Will get the VIN no on Monday. Apparently the car is manufactured in July.

I am not sure why VW is so secretive about this bridge edition, and not offer it publicly.
Old 9th November 2013, 08:20   #6654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Changed my booking to Corporate edition. Apparently there is a less advertised model in between Comfortline and Highline called as Highline bridge model.

Will get the VIN no on Monday. Apparently the car is manufactured in July.

I am not sure why VW is so secretive about this bridge edition, and not offer it publicly.
The feature-list mentioned looks very similar to the Highline model before the current facelift. Probably they wanted to sell off the remaining few pieces in that configuration, with a few add-ons like the trunk spoiler. The Bridge variant looks like a stock clearance effort, and hence probably not advertised.

IMO, you should go for the latest Highline instead of an old model.
Old 9th November 2013, 14:35   #6655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally, I would strongly suggest you go for 60/55 phillips extreme vision. They are far bettwe than the Osram bulbs. Also, no relays hence no issues with warranty. I found the throw and intensity were far better than stock.
Hope the 60/55W Xtreme Vision holds good in rain too at night; at least a bit better than the stock 60/55W? Also, is the color of the light much whiter, so as to be stopped by the cops?
Old 9th November 2013, 16:50   #6656
BHPian

Quote:
Hope the 60/55W Xtreme Vision holds good in rain too at night; at least a bit better than the stock 60/55W? Also, is the color of the light much whiter, so as to be stopped by the cops?
Xtreme Vision bulbs are known to provide alteast 40-50% more light (not the 100% as claimed by the manufacturers) and perform very well in all conditions including rains.

The colour is not the typical 'white light'. The intensity of the yellow tinge is lesser as compared to the stock vento bulbs. you will not have any issues with the cops. Dont worry, go ahead with the extreme vision bulbs.

Regards
ASVA
Old 10th November 2013, 11:42   #6657
BHPian

Quote:
Xtreme Vision bulbs are known to provide alteast 40-50% more light (not the 100% as claimed by the manufacturers) and perform very well in all conditions including rains.

The colour is not the typical 'white light'. The intensity of the yellow tinge is lesser as compared to the stock vento bulbs. you will not have any issues with the cops. Dont worry, go ahead with the extreme vision bulbs.

Regards
ASVA
I am currently using Osram NB plus which are much better than stock bulbs. I got the pair of Osrams at Rs 1100/-. But still the illumination is inadequate. How much better will be Philips Extreme & what is the price? I had briefly used Philips 100/90 R without relay. Surely Philips 100/90 were better than Osram NB plus. Do you think Philips Extreme will match Philips 100/90 with a relay? Since my car has just gone out of warranty, I do not mind a relay.

Thanks

Thansk
Old 10th November 2013, 12:24   #6658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I am currently using Osram NB plus which are much better than stock bulbs. I got the pair of Osrams at Rs 1100/-. But still the illumination is inadequate. How much better will be Philips Extreme & what is the price? I had briefly used Philips 100/90 R without relay. Surely Philips 100/90 were better than Osram NB plus. Do you think Philips Extreme will match Philips 100/90 with a relay? Since my car has just gone out of warranty, I do not mind a relay.

Thanks

Thansk
After reading reviews and getting first hand feed back from people using both Osram NB+ and Philips XV, I went for Philips as they were reported to have slightly better throw and spread compared to Osrams.

Philips XV that I have installed are OEM wattage - 60/55 (don't need relays) and hence cant be compared to the 100/90 bulbs which are bound to have far better illumination.

Since you are out of warranty and don't mind relays, its a no-brainer that you should go for the 100/90 wattage bulb for better illumination. Do not repeat the mistake of using higher wattage bulbs without relays and ceramic bulb holders. They are essential to handle the extra power and heat of the bulbs and safe-guard the oem wiring.

Search the Vento ownership thread of fellow BHP-ian @ El lobo. IIRC, he has upgraded to 100/90 Philips Essential Vision with Hella relays and has posted a detailed set-up and review. It will give you a very clear idea.

Regards
ASVA
Old 10th November 2013, 16:56   #6659
BHPian

Quote:
After reading reviews and getting first hand feed back from people using both Osram NB+ and Philips XV, I went for Philips as they were reported to have slightly better throw and spread compared to Osram

Regards
ASVA
Thanks for your reply. I want to test out Philips XV & see if there is any improvement before going for 100/90. Modification is my last option. Please inform the price of Philips XV. I do not do much of night driving , so not in a hurry for modifications.

Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 18:28   #6660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Thanks for your reply. I want to test out Philips XV & see if there is any improvement before going for 100/90. Modification is my last option. Please inform the price of Philips XV. I do not do much of night driving , so not in a hurry for modifications.

Thanks
I paid 950 for a pair of Philips XV. Purchased it frm a local Philips Distirbutor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks