Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 14:02   #7126
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

The Vento Konekt will retain the prices of the existing Comfortline and Highline variants and is available at all Volkswagen dealerships across India

Prices of the Volkswagen Vento Konekt (ex-showroom Delhi):

Petrol:
  • Vento Konekt Comfortline: Rs 8.02 lakh
  • Vento Konekt Highline: Rs 8.97 lakh

Diesel:
  • Vento Konekt Comfortline: Rs 9.19 lakh
  • Vento Konekt Highline: Rs 10.02 lakh
http://www.carwale.com/news/14004-vo...-802-lakh.html
Old 19th August 2014, 14:11   #7127
BHPian

Getting the package installed today at VW chennai in ambattur estate, the whole package is costing about 60k, steep but with the assurance that it's the authorised dealer who is doing it and that if at all any warranty issues I can always seek him out for help.
Yes it is the blaupunkt philadelphia 835 unit, the rear seats are getting convex entertainment system.
I am not in town for the next few months and my wife really wanted the reverse camera and maps setup and I figured this was the best option!
Will try and post pictures.
Old 19th August 2014, 14:21   #7128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Getting the package installed today at VW chennai in ambattur estate, the whole package is costing about 60k, steep but with the assurance that it's the authorised dealer who is doing it and that if at all any warranty issues I can always seek him out for help.
Yes it is the blaupunkt philadelphia 835 unit, the rear seats are getting convex entertainment system.
I am not in town for the next few months and my wife really wanted the reverse camera and maps setup and I figured this was the best option!
That's good news! and honestly, I think its a reasonable deal.
It actually makes more sense to buy the regular Vento with cash discounts/other offers and get the system installed afterwards.

Furthermore, the fact that the Konekt version is not available on the Vento TSi further validates the fact that this special edition is more of an inventory purge than anything else.
Old 19th August 2014, 16:33   #7129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Thank you for the update. Couple of questions:
  • Does both sides of the rear seat (behind driver and passenger) get individual tabs or is it only the passenger side?
  • Are the tabs integrated to the 835 HU in anyway or are they stand alone units (Reason for asking is that the 835 HU does support rear entertainment screen)
  • I already have the 835 HU. Do you know if I can purchase only the rear seat package?
Old 20th August 2014, 23:57   #7130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thank you for the update. Couple of questions:
  • Does both sides of the rear seat (behind driver and passenger) get individual tabs or is it only the passenger side?
  • Are the tabs integrated to the 835 HU in anyway or are they stand alone units (Reason for asking is that the 835 HU does support rear entertainment screen)
  • I already have the 835 HU. Do you know if I can purchase only the rear seat package?
hi
I am currently not at home and all the details are what i have got from my wife through phone calls and whatsapp.
Anyway looks like the installation that has been done is not actually the Konekt package as such.
The HU is a Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 unit with MMI maps. I guess the Konekt package comes with different maps. So thats one thing which is different.
The rear unit as per the Konekt package is an android tablet mounted on a holder fixed on the headrest .
This really did not fit our need because we already have a tablet/ipad and sometimes my son easily dismounts them from the holders which are really not childproof
So my wife chose the option given by the VW chennai guy and has fixed an independent dvd player with usb and sd card compatibility and also games functions of some sort. the brand is CONVEX and the model is CHR-7020DV5S
It has been fixed on headrests purchased separately. One headrest has the player with the dvd and other slots on the side of the headrest and the other headrest is a slave monitor .The main attractive thing was the usb slot since we could just load up all his favourite shows in a usb stick.

From whatever grainy photos I have seen so far myself the shocking thing was that the colour of the new head rests is beige/ivory and now I have to get it back to the seat cover colour again.
The camera has been fixed in the bumper ; though i would have preferred to have had the one on top of the number plate ( well the damage has been done ).

Total damage was 62k. I am not sure if it was too steep or just about right. I know its definitely not cheap and also that the VW guys have managed to make some quick bucks; but since me being out of driver duty for the next 3 months my wife wanted the RSE and also the maps+camera setup as soon as possible in the place with the least risk of any installation and service hassles.
While I feel the maps+camera setup is good enough i’ll reserve my comments regarding the RSE.
I was told that the service provided was pretty neat and professional

Last edited by atlantis0965 : 21st August 2014 at 00:00.
atlantis0965 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 16:21   #7131
BHPian

Do you have the break-up of the package

It could be really useful to understand the cost of each items
Old 21st August 2014, 18:14   #7132
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, production of the Philadelphia unit is all being diverted to VW for the Vento Konekt and the only units available are those that remain with dealers and shops - no new supply. VW ordered 2,000 pieces, I believe.
Old 21st August 2014, 23:03   #7133
Senior - BHPian

Does any one have the original 15" steel rims of the vento to give away? I'm in Bangalore and could buy these if anyone has it unused.
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:52   #7134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Does any one have the original 15" steel rims of the vento to give away? I'm in Bangalore and could buy these if anyone has it unused.
I have a set of 15" waiting long to be sold in the local scrap market; but it never keeps happening. Done 6000 km on it and I'm in Kerala!

But why do you want steel rims?

And our classifieds might help you.
Old 23rd August 2014, 06:15   #7135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post

Hi
Sorry I don't really have the exact break up.The cost quoted by the dealer was a total of 50k for only the 835 with MMI and the rear view camera plus install. Last when I was checking on snapdeal it was retailing for about 45k plus discounts without the maps I guess and they were out of stock too.
I really could not get the price of the convex RSE anywhere online. The dealer sold it for 12k.
Hope this helps.

Tried to upload a few pics, but unable to do it. Sorry!
Old 24th August 2014, 21:04   #7136
BHPian

I took a test drive of the VW Vento TDI today and oh boy... O was blown away by the Diesel engine! Stunning is the word! Revs cleanly and the pick up and in gear acceleration is amazing. I had a huge grin plastered on my face. Then took the test drive of the TSI engine. Thats good too but not as entertaining as the diesel. On paper figures maybe be more in favour of the TSI but the TDI is more entertaining and more sensible buy too as you also get the economy of a diesel.

The on road Panvel price that I was quoted for the Vento TDI Konekt was 11.35 lacs. On asking further the SA said he can manage to give a further discount of 17-18k which is their margin on insurance or something. The TSI dsg is for 11.11 lacs. Plus further 15k max discount is possible on that. These prices are octroi less.

So if I decide to go for the vento tdi, does it makes more sense to go for the tdi konekt right now or should I wait for the facelift. I am sure the discount wont be as much then and also maybe the Blaupunkt HU might not be offered as an option. Also the DSG i felt wasnt as entertaining as the manual coz it upshifts early for more efficiency and the pick up is marred a bit. Though that was in TSI and Manual was in TDi. I am thinking if going for the manual, it makes more sense to go for the 1.6 model offered currently as the facelift will come with the 1.5L. Though the power figures are same but might make some difference on road I think.

What do you guys think?
Old 25th August 2014, 00:38   #7137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
What do you guys think?
No doubts 1.6 TDi is a stunner of an engine. I would advice you to wait for facelift. Reasons being
1. New headlamps. Better throw. You won't like current H4 as light spread is not good.
2. New front & rear bumper changes. Speculative.
3. 1.5 TDi. Lower insurance premium as engine above 1500cc pay higher premium.
4. Flat bottomed steering.
5. Improved console.

If above don't entice you. Wait for face lift to launch and older stock would carry better discount then currently prevailing.

Note: VW would launch Polo & Vento based on MQB platform in Q4 2015. So I hope you won't regret buying a car which would be older in 1 year period.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 00:53   #7138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
No doubts 1.6 TDi is a stunner of an engine. I would advice you to wait for facelift. Reasons being
1. New headlamps. Better throw. You won't like current H4 as light spread is not good.
2. New front & rear bumper changes. Speculative.
3. 1.5 TDi. Lower insurance premium as engine above 1500cc pay higher premium.
4. Flat bottomed steering.
5. Improved console.

If above don't entice you. Wait for face lift to launch and older stock would carry better discount then currently prevailing.

Note: VW would launch Polo & Vento based on MQB platform in Q4 2015. So I hope you won't regret buying a car which would be older in 1 year period.
I don't mind waiting but will the 1.5 TDI be equally good as the 1.6? plus the console is Blaupunkt in konekt, which is good.

all new vento will be launched in Q4 2015 and thats too far so can't wait so much. did think about this and was also considering the honda city instead for the same reason as its a new model. of course this not being the only reason for considering the city but will discuss that in appropriate thread.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:19   #7139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I took a test drive of the VW Vento TDI today and oh boy... O was blown away by the Diesel engine! Stunning is the word! Revs cleanly and the pick up and in gear acceleration is amazing. I had a huge grin plastered on my face. Then took the test drive of the TSI engine. Thats good too but not as entertaining as the diesel. On paper figures maybe be more in favour of the TSI but the TDI is more entertaining and more sensible buy too as you also get the economy of a diesel.

The on road Panvel price that I was quoted for the Vento TDI Konekt was 11.35 lacs. On asking further the SA said he can manage to give a further discount of 17-18k which is their margin on insurance or something. The TSI dsg is for 11.11 lacs. Plus further 15k max discount is possible on that. These prices are octroi less.

So if I decide to go for the vento tdi, does it makes more sense to go for the tdi konekt right now or should I wait for the facelift. I am sure the discount wont be as much then and also maybe the Blaupunkt HU might not be offered as an option. Also the DSG i felt wasnt as entertaining as the manual coz it upshifts early for more efficiency and the pick up is marred a bit. Though that was in TSI and Manual was in TDi. I am thinking if going for the manual, it makes more sense to go for the 1.6 model offered currently as the facelift will come with the 1.5L. Though the power figures are same but might make some difference on road I think.

What do you guys think?
The Konekt with the Blaupunkt system is compelling but what is not clear to me is whether you need an automatic for Mumbai's notorious traffic. The upshifting-early behavior of the TSI should not be a concern or determining factor because it doesn't do that in S or tiptronic mode. The TSI in terms of refinement and technology is far ahead of the diesel, Blaupunkt or not.
StarScream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 12:29   #7140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The Konekt with the Blaupunkt system is compelling but what is not clear to me is whether you need an automatic for Mumbai's notorious traffic. The upshifting-early behavior of the TSI should not be a concern or determining factor because it doesn't do that in S or tiptronic mode. The TSI in terms of refinement and technology is far ahead of the diesel, Blaupunkt or not.
The S mode is good no doubt but then the average will go down fast. I checked the average on the test drive car and it showed around 7kmpl. Did think that an AT car would definitely be good for mumbai traffic but in the TDI, you dont require to change the gears very frequently I think. also might consider the City if going for petrol. Right now confused. will post about that in appropriate thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks