Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 06:18   #7291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
Hi,

Further to my discussion on another forum (with StarScream), is there anyone here, who knows whether VW actually made any changes to oil(synthetic to mineral) to resolve the issues with DSG box?

Don't know about the Vento but the oil on my Superb 1.8 TSi was changed to mineral oil when my mechatronics was replaced after the second failure that took place about two months ago. To be clear, even though the recall had been announced overseas earlier, replacement of the oil was NOT done either through a recall or during the routine service that I gave the car for in April. Not sure why they are acting the way they do - but my experience as well as that of at least one friend who also had a mechatronics failure on his Superb is that they replace the part free of cost even outside warranty without any kind of a fuss.
Old 1st November 2014, 06:27   #7292
BHPian

Thanks for the confirmation Hayek. That's the story I heard from horse's (read VW showroom guys) mouth. There was a problem with certain batch (es) of the gearbox and the oil change / recall / replacement happened only for those.
This poses an interesting question - does that mean that there is no problem with the design/engineering of the box but, it was just a case of a batch having an issue? Or, does it mean the boxes without oil change are running on prayers and low torque usage?
Old 1st November 2014, 17:52   #7293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
There was a problem with certain batch (es) of the gearbox and the oil change / recall / replacement happened only for those.

This poses an interesting question - does that mean that there is no problem with the design/engineering of the box but, it was just a case of a batch having an issue? Or, does it mean the boxes without oil change are running on prayers and low torque usage?

As I understand it (and you should look through Anshuman's thread on DQ 200 failures for more), the problem seems to be a design flaw in the gearbox, combined with the degeneration of the synthetic oil in hot and humid conditions. While they claim to have redesigned the mechatronics to prevent this, they have made multiple such claims over the past 4 years, and failure rates continue to be high, at least until the mineral oil replacement. BTW, from whatever I have read, failures are NOT due to high torque usage - if so, failures would be high back in Germany where people drive cars much harder. Failures are due to heat build up breaking down the mineral oil and causing a short circuit - which is much more in hot and humid conditions, with slow, stop and go traffic. So the boxes without oil change are either running on prayers, or on the revised design of the box to reduce the risk of shorts. But based on my experience, seems to be more of the first.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:03   #7294
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Just got off from a call with the Services head for Volkswagen (Apple Auto, Bangalore). He confirmed to me that in deed oil changes have been made(Synthetic to Mineral) and all new models(Polo, Vento) are coming now with Mineral Oil. As per him, no issues have been reported since the oil change.
Hope issue is addressed now and pray that he knows better than his own sales team (who were adamant that no oil change's been done).
Old 5th November 2014, 11:59   #7295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Yes, all dealers have this facility but have read that some dealers are reluctant to do so. Shoot a mail to VW customer care and once your preferred service centre's CRM contacts you, tell them that you want a software update + injector adaptation on your Vento as you face clattering during cold starts.

Hello Coolboy - can you tell me the latest SW Update number for this request? i remember its 98xx
Old 7th November 2014, 20:17   #7296
BHPian

Hey guys, does the recently launched new Vento have voice command support too?? Like can we say "Dial xyz" and it connects automatically?

Last edited by pamishra : 7th November 2014 at 20:25.
Old 7th November 2014, 20:29   #7297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey guys, does the recently launched new Vento have voice command support too?? Like can we say "Dial xyz" and it connects automatically?
Its available for sure on Polo. Here is the link http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html . I assume(keeping my money in my pocket) that same should also be true for Vento(Highline as per the variant specs on Volkswagen's official website).
Old 7th November 2014, 21:13   #7298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hello Coolboy - can you tell me the latest SW Update number for this request? i remember its 98xx
Sorry but i forgot to note that down, the vw chaps were sitting of my head to wait in the customer lounge as customers are not allowed inside the service area, since the guy was very polite, i went inside and waited.
Old 8th November 2014, 00:56   #7299
BHPian

Mod Note: Post Moved to the official review thread where this post has a higher chance of being answered.
Hi Bhpians! I have a March 2013 Vento TDI highline which will be at 40,000kms soon. I need your valuable opinion for my car.

Tyres:
The factory fitted Apollos are due for replacement. What will be the ideal replacement which won't affect fuel economy? As the car is used in 'construction site' like environment, tyres should be possibly puncture-free like the Apollos but should even provide more grip at high speeds.

Bluetooth:
From Day 1, bluetooth sometimes connects instantly or car needs to be restarted to get it connected. Had even read about a Polo TSI in some magazine having the same issue. From the last 5000kms, songs played via bluetooth also lag many times. Even this gets sorted out by restarting the car but not always.

Gearbox:
Yes. I know its a thread on Petrol Automatic but from the last 4000 kms, I hear a popping sound every time the reverse is engaged. Anyone faced this issue too?

Repaint:
The rear right door had minor damage so the whole door had to be repainted which was done in April 2014. But now, the paint has started coming off from the door handle from its inner side. Should I demand for a free replacement handle/free repaint?

Dear Mods, please shift the post in the appropriate thread if found inappropriate. Sorry for the double image upload.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-1415388244203.jpg  

Last edited by noopster : 10th November 2014 at 20:38. Reason: Duplicate image removed
Old 9th November 2014, 01:27   #7300
Senior - BHPian

Vento owners, i had a query for you.
My Vento has completed 30,000 kms, only driven by me and i have cared for the car as much as i could. Off late, am noticing a lot of pitching/bobbing of rear end over undulations, infact am getting irritated while driving the car hard as the rear end refuses to stay flat. Over sharp undulations, i get raised of my seat which is funny because its not supposed to be such a bad handler.

I know that Vento did come with a slightly softer suspension set up and i have a friend who owns Rapid (his car fares slightly better in this regard) but the rear end bounciness is making me go bonkers. I had even ordered coil spring assisters for the rear suspension and they have made a significant improvement of about 20-30 % to make the rear planted.

Recently bought a Fiesta and maybe its Fiesta's superb handling which is making the Vento look uncomfortable but want to know if the suspension is going bust.

I went to the boot and tried to press the rear end down to check the rebound rate, could easily push the car down and the rear bounced like a ping pong , in comparison, did the same test with a friend's 2013 Vento and almost 60% more effort was required to push the car down from behind.

Any one with 2012 Vento could push their Vento (2-3 times up-down to check health of struts) from behind and check if the car stops after 1 bounce or keeps bouncing, mine stops after 2-3 bounce.

Its a pity VW have equipped such a good car with soft suspension, Rapid does have a slightly stiffer set up but its far from being a driver's car. My friend who owns the Rapid bought a Swift and i bought Fiesta, both Swift and Fiesta handle light years better than Vento/Rapid, with Fiesta it was expected, but with Swift it was a revelation.
Old 9th November 2014, 03:15   #7301
BHPian

Your struts seem to be malfunctioning. Also check all rubber spacers, dampers etc with the strut. Check if you're not over filling tyre pressure by a faulty tyre guy.
Old 9th November 2014, 11:31   #7302
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
My friend who owns the Rapid bought a Swift and i bought Fiesta, both Swift and Fiesta handle light years better than Vento/Rapid, with Fiesta it was expected, but with Swift it was a revelation.
hmm... I have to disagree here- i have driven all above cars and this would be my handling order starting from the best handler to the worst amongst the lot (i have taken ride quality out of the equation, this is just for cornering and quick lane changing) :
fiesta > punto > figo > rapid > swift
I have not driven the vento so no idea where it slots.
Old 9th November 2014, 12:51   #7303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Your struts seem to be malfunctioning. Also check all rubber spacers, dampers etc with the strut. Check if you're not over filling tyre pressure by a faulty tyre guy.
Thanks, am suspecting the same but it should be impossible for a car that has clocked 30k kms, seen good roads and driven with utmost care.
Will get the suspension checked outside at my trusted mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
hmm... I have to disagree here- i have driven all above cars and this would be my handling order starting from the best handler to the worst amongst the lot (i have taken ride quality out of the equation, this is just for cornering and quick lane changing) :
fiesta > punto > figo > rapid > swift
I have not driven the vento so no idea where it slots.
No problem venky, we all have our opinions. I thought that Swift's steering was better, suspension much stiffer than Vento/Rapid and it behaved better on undulations.
Old 10th November 2014, 15:06   #7304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Yes, the highline variant does have the PTT button, but the function is dependant on your phone's voice command system

Quote:
Vento owners, i had a query for you.
My Vento has completed 30,000 kms, only driven by me and i have cared for the car as much as i could. Off late, am noticing a lot of pitching/bobbing of rear end over undulations, infact am getting irritated while driving the car hard as the rear end refuses to stay flat. Over sharp undulations, i get raised of my seat which is funny because its not supposed to be such a bad handler.

I went to the boot and tried to press the rear end down to check the rebound rate, could easily push the car down and the rear bounced like a ping pong , in comparison, did the same test with a friend's 2013 Vento and almost 60% more effort was required to push the car down from behind.
All signs of rear struts going bust. just check rear shockers assembly. My guess would be that the oil would have leaked from the struts. You should be able to see it on them. This would make the car bouncy.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 17:07   #7305

Hello fellow BHP'ians and Vento Owners, I am a newbie here and here's my first post.

I have skimmed through the pages in this thread, haven't spotted a post with a similar Issue. Calling out anyone who has witnessed the same issue.

Is it just me or does any one else feel that the rear brakes release way too early and even before ABS has to intervene. ( In city speeds and rapid braking under 30kph in very grippy tarmac and good rear tires)

No pedal pulsation when this occurs. Very easily repeatable with just the front passengers. Doesn't happen with 3 or more passengers.

It sort of feels the car just moves forward, a bit more than needed. With the sound and feel of releasing drum brakes. (similar to the feel of releasing the handbrake on a slight incline).

It has happened a couple of times on gentle braking from similar speeds but in mildly wet conditions and the car moved an extra 2 feet, almost clipping the vehicle in front.

I drive a white 2012Nov Vento HL Tdi and with 30k km on the odo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks