Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2015, 19:11   #7756
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Injector failure
My 2010 Vento TDi has done 56500 kms. On 16th may, on a family trip from Kochi (my base)to Rameshwaram, the car started jerking after the coil flash while on the ECR near Tuticorin. I had to get the vehicle transported to nearest dealer at Tirunelveli. My warranty had expired.
It was confirmed as failure of Injector 3. The replacement was done on 19th. As I was aware of the repeated failure of Injectors prior to 15 June 2012 though this forum, I had requested dealer to take up issue and do it free of cost. They agreed to do their best. When i returned to pick up car, they told VW had declined goodwill replacement in this case as it was out of warranty. (though they had cleared in earlier cases it seems) As I was with family and had to move out, I had no option but to pay and take delivery. The dealer was very helpful otherwise and expressed their helplessness on this.

The car is running smoothly now. But I am planning to take up this issue with VW. Though dealer checked and said other injectors are ok and also updated VAS, it is a Damocles sword still.
I seek the views of others who had the same problems.
Old 28th May 2015, 19:33   #7757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
Injector failure
My 2010 Vento TDi has done 56500 kms. On 16th may, on a family trip from Kochi (my base)to Rameshwaram, the car started jerking after the coil flash while on the ECR near Tuticorin. I had to get the vehicle transported to nearest dealer at Tirunelveli. My warranty had expired.
It was confirmed as failure of Injector 3. The replacement was done on 19th. As I was aware of the repeated failure of Injectors prior to 15 June 2012 though this forum, I had requested dealer to take up issue and do it free of cost. They agreed to do their best. When i returned to pick up car, they told VW had declined goodwill replacement in this case as it was out of warranty. (though they had cleared in earlier cases it seems) As I was with family and had to move out, I had no option but to pay and take delivery. The dealer was very helpful otherwise and expressed their helplessness on this.

The car is running smoothly now. But I am planning to take up this issue with VW. Though dealer checked and said other injectors are ok and also updated VAS, it is a Damocles sword still.
I seek the views of others who had the same problems.
How much did it cost you?
When the injectors failed, the car just stalled?
Old 28th May 2015, 19:48   #7758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
How much did it cost you?
When the injectors failed, the car just stalled?
One injector replacement(3rd one) cost came to Rs. 22,444(including 850 for labour and 250 for VAS updation, Service tax 136)
One injector not firing meant the car was jerking on accelerating and it was difficult to drive beyond 2nd gear. Initially the coil signal had come and went off when engine was switched off. we drove another 50 kms without problem, Then the same flashing on dash came along with engine symbol. Then it became difficult to move forward.
tomchacks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 20:47   #7759
BHPian

You can find the VW service advisory regarding the injector problems in this forum, send it as an attachment to VW customer care with a strongly worded complaint, saying that this was a situation, where they should have had a voluntary recall of all affected cars. Since they did not show that courtesy to Indian customers, the least they can do is to replace at least the failed injectors as a good will gesture. Had it been in any other place like Europe, they would have done that. You must use very strong words and tell that you are going to start a discussion on this injector problem in Team BHP VW Vento forum. No harm in trying. Please do this ASAP and let all of us know what happens. Read a copy of my complaint on Page 505. Strong words some times do work!

Last edited by premc44 : 28th May 2015 at 20:49.
Old 28th May 2015, 21:04   #7760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
You can find the VW service advisory regarding the injector problems in this forum, send it as an attachment to VW customer care with a strongly worded complaint, saying that this was a situation, where they should have had a voluntary recall of all affected cars. Since they did not show that courtesy to Indian customers, the least they can do is to replace at least the failed injectors as a good will gesture. Had it been in any other place like Europe, they would have done that. You must use very strong words and tell that you are going to start a discussion on this injector problem in Team BHP VW Vento forum. No harm in trying. Please do this ASAP and let all of us know what happens. Read a copy of my complaint on Page 505. Strong words some times do work!
Thanks.
I have today sent a mail to customer care with the advisory and injector photo as attachment. To start with I have been moderate in the wordings though all the above points have been conveyed. I have also requested for replacement of balance 3 injectors as I now cannot go for any long trips without the fear of an imminent breakdown. Propose to escalate based on their reply.

On the cost part, I had to spend Rs 7500 for getting the car moved 100 kms on a flatbed to the service centre. This was not included in my earlier post.
Old 29th May 2015, 13:50   #7761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
One injector replacement(3rd one) cost came to Rs. 22,444
The cost of injectors has increased steadily from 15000 to 18000 and now at staggering 22000. I would suggest you to follow up with VW Customer Care email. I had earlier tried with higher ups, but no replies. One bhpian had a pleasant experience wherein VW Customer Care reverted back and solved his problems.

The other 3 injectors would definitely someday fail. But VW policy of replacing only what is defective will not help out if you ask for replacing all of them at once.

Ask for refund of amount paid showing them the previous cases of failure and with the injector advisory.

One suggestion: Purchase Road Side Assistance. Cost Rs 3333 for a period of 2 years for car age less than 5 years and Rs 5000 odd if car is older than 5 years. This could have saved you Rs 7500 spent on towing. Since other 3 injector may fail, purchase RSA as a backup.

Use the car as you would normally do. In my experience the other injector should show trouble in 3 to 4 months time or maybe sooner.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 21:55   #7762
Senior - BHPian

Facing a strange issue after two of my injectors were changed under warranty as they were found to be faulty. The car is running fine otherwise and the fuel efficiency has also improved by a lot but the car is taking a very long crank to start after sitting idle for more than 24 hours.

It takes almost 5-6 secs to get going if i start the car after 2 days, read online and they said some air might have entered the high pressure fuel system while changing injectors and that it would go away after driving spiritedly for 60-70 kms with some full throttle runs. Did any one else experience some thing similar?

I hope this gets solved, just do not want to visit the service centre again for this and waste my whole day, car used to start perfectly fine before this so battery is ruled out.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 29th May 2015 at 22:03.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:29   #7763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
It turned out to be a clogged air filter issue. The AC fan was overworking due to the clogged filter. I just got the filter replaced. That fixed the problem completely.
Managed to get the blower issue fixed. I was told that there was tissue paper stuck in the fan blower. They had removed the AC fan blower and the radiator cooling fan removed and inspected cleaned. Total charges around Rs.3000.

It was surprising how the tissue paper went in. Service advisor says that if there was paper in the front footwell sometimes when changing the air flow control there is a chance the paper gets sucked through the footwell area! He says there have been many cases where tissue/plastic got sucked in.
Old 5th June 2015, 14:48   #7764
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed the effectiveness of the AC has gone down a bit. Cooling seems to be taking longer and I am having to switch to the manual mode and increase blow speed quite high for it to cool effectively.

What could be the reason?
Old 5th June 2015, 15:08   #7765
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Noticed the effectiveness of the AC has gone down a bit. Cooling seems to be taking longer and I am having to switch to the manual mode and increase blow speed quite high for it to cool effectively.

What could be the reason?
Clean the cabin air filter and also see if the blower has any debris /dust in it.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 01:15   #7766
BHPian

This long pending update comes from my very eventful third service. So here are the highlights. This will be long, so if you’re low on patience, the TLDR version is right here.

TLDR
- Get the min. quantity injector adaptation done. Be there, and check if the system throws an issue - the only time VAG figures out that your injectors need replacement is when the adaptation is being applied.
- Wheels bend, even when you don’t remember anything being hit. Yes, even alloys bend, all the time, apparently. And yes, it harms your tyres, and causes random issues which seem to have nothing to do with wheels.

And now, if you’re interested in details, read below.

VAG commands: change injectors
Can’t thank fellow BHPian coolboy007 for pointing me towards the injector update, just before I went in for my 3rd service, and for his help throughout this process.

Now, I knew about the injector update, but when I had last checked with my service station about any pending updates, they had checked my VIN and said nothing was pending. But coolboy clarified that I should specifically ask for this, as this was a specific update for the specific problem of low power / clatter on cold starts. And because they call it an adaptation, not an update (updates are only available for specific VIN numbers) guess this was never flagged.

Now, coolboy had me slightly psyched about the procedure, so I am standing on their heads as they are doing this update; as the update is ending, the confirmation screen appears. It says something about update applied, but in a supplementary paragraph, I read something that looks like ‘replace injector valve’ just before the mechanic, in a trigger happy fashion common to the anyone not too comfortable with computers, he clicks ok, without reading.

I say, it said replace injectors. He said, “no, no, sir, you’re mistaken, it was a normal confirmation message”. I say, I am sure, so he says, for your peace of mind, I will run diagnostics for you, and they will point out if anything is wrong with the car. So, he runs the diagnostics and I get an all clear. So, I ask him for the update logs. Now, he’s not entirely sure where to go, so I ask him for the mouse, and I go to the logs that he had saved earlier on the desktop, and as I scroll down at the end of a very long & detailed log sheet, I see horrifying message staring back at me.

Evaluation of the adapted min. quantity for the injection valve determined that for some injection valves the adaptation limits have been reached.*Tasks to be carried out:*- Replace the Injection value -N 30- Replace the Injection value -N 31- Replace the Injection value -N 32- Replace the Injection value -N 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, can you please post the snap highlighting the fault codes?
See image in attachment; fault text above.
Now, he goes sheepish, and goes to his boss, who goes to his boss, who goes to the SA. The SA looking worried, says, sir, all 4 injectors need to be changed. But, they cost Rs. 22k each. I say the magic words, ‘extended warranty’. A smile breaks on his face, and he says, all good then, sir. I’ll place an order, expect them in a week. The charge to you won’t be more than about Rs. 1200.

On a separate note, the increase in refinement & smoothness of the car after the injector update was unbelievable.

Getting the injectors changed
I was told to leave my car overnight, but I refused, so they said, come early, and we’ll try to get it done within the day.

I reach at 930am, by 12 my warranty approval had come in (yes, it’s a thing), the physical installation was done by 1230, and thereafter, they started manually coding the injectors, with a laptop connected to my car, and it seemed to be all done. But, the bonnet was still open. At around 2, I go to the car again, and the mechanic is now wiping away what appear to be diesel spray from the engine bay area. So, I ask, all ok? He says, “sir, the fuel return pipe is leaking. I was trying to fix it, but not working, so I’m going to replace it.”

By 3pm, the SA appears and says, “Sir, injectors replaced, but we discovered that the fuel return pipe is damaged, and it’s a 7k part, and warranty won’t cover it.” Now, I had been in touch with coolboy throughout this process, and had also read about another issue on t-bhp where a customer was charged, and later refunded for the pipe, so I was prepared. I clarify that it couldn’t have been damaged earlier, else the car couldn’t have run, so obviously it was damaged while replacing injectors, so, please change it and I’m not paying.

He pauses for a second, and says, I’ll take care of it. An hour passes, and nothing, so I go to the service manager: he says, “I just discovered, and don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. Need approval internally, which is why it’s being delayed but will get it done.” It’s finally done by 430, and now the car goes for VAG update.

As luck would have it, the moment the update starts, an ‘internet down’ error message pops up. My SA appears at the same time, and I tell him, internet down. He says, I know Sir, all our systems just went down, can’t even generate bills. He says, it’s not usual, so hopefully, should not be long. It’s finally 6 by the time everything comes back online and the update is done.

Now a 20km long test drive is to be done, and for want of anything better to do, I go along with the test driver. Apparently the only reason for the test drive is to check that nothing is leaking in the engine bay area, even when the engine is driven hard. The injectors, the test driver mentioned, will be slightly noisy initially - I heard a little bit of sound like tappets moving, but it was still much lesser than what the engine made earlier - but he clarified the noise will go down in a few hundred kilometres. We come back, he opens the engine cover; all is good, and we’re all good to go.

It was 645pm by now, and the warranty approvals process was still to be done (after a part is replaced, pictures are again sent to VW for final approval). VW is now shut, so it can’t be done today, but I didn’t want to leave the car behind. The service manager was nice enough to let me take the car home without any paperwork, but told me that in case there is an issue with VW, they may need me back for some more pictures, etc.

So, in all, it took me a little more than 9 hours. For comparison, it took coolboy 7 hours to get it done.

**To bill, or not to bill**
They mentioned a charge of Rs. 1400, including taxes, for some labor and a nut, which is not covered by warranty, so I paid that before I left. Now, later in the evening, coolboy mentions that he paid nothing, and sends me a scan of his bill.

I take it to the service station the next morning, and the SA & Service Manager are both genuinely surprised. Anyways, the Service Manager apologies and says, he’ll figure out things at his end, and will adjust the charges against any future work at the workshop. I’ve known him for a long time, and he’s very good, and has always been very helpful, so I didn’t press for an immediate refund. So that was that.

Note on Other Charges
The first time I asked for the minimum quantity injector update during service, and the second time when the injectors were changed, the SA mentioned a charge of Rs. 1250. In both instances, I went to the service manager and told him that I had not heard of any being charged for it, so I’m not paying it. And each time he laughed and said, of course, sir, not an issue.

Note on injector replacement
While changing injectors, the mechanic had mentioned that no update was required, but the service advisory about the injectors mentioned the need for “ECU update & MFMA update to ensure compliance”. They finally did the update on their own, so not sure if the mechanic was ill-informed, or whether it was done because I brought it up. But do watch out for it, if you have the ill-fortune of having the injectors replaced.

Note on long term reliability of the Vento
I’m friendly with a lot of people at my workshop, including the Service Manager, SA, mechanics and test drivers, and needless to say, I had a lot of time during this visit. My warranty expires in the next few months, so I quizzed them all separately on issues that crop up with the Vento.
- Injector valves: This is apparently, a fairly common issue. In fact, everyone immediately said injectors, when I asked this question, but everyone added that you’re getting them changed, so should not be an issue for you, henceforth. Apparently, it does not crop once they’ve been changed once. Apparently, they also have Ventos which have done 1.5-2lac km, with no issues at all, apart from suspension changes. The service manager qualified that this issue is usually caused by bad fuel - he specifically said, stay away from highway fuel pumps, because those guys are more indiscriminate about adding kerosene to diesel, because trucks don’t get affected by a bit of kerosene in the diesel, but in the city, he said I should be ok with any pump. But then again, this is also the official line of the VAG Group, so not sure how to take this.
- Fuel pumps: This is the second issue that crops up, but is not that frequent. According to the test driver, it is an issue more with the Polo, not the Vento, which has a different fuel pump, but in some measure, it does exist. So, I asked, what are the signs of a failing fuel pump - apparently, the first one is the car requiring a long self during a cold start. Other signs are car stuttering or shutting down after overheating - but by then, you are anyways screwed.
- Suspension: apparently, depending on the kind of roads you drive on, and how indiscriminately you take potholes, the suspension will usually require some work between 30-60,000 km. But prices for the suspension have really come down, so that is the silver lining.
- DSG: None of the guys have seen a single DSG issue on the Vento. The test driver, who was the oldest guy around, remembered one issue with the first Passat and one with the first Jetta, but no other car after that. So, hopefully, this issue has finally been put to bed.

Apart from that, apparently, these cars are rock solid. I plan to keep the car for a few more years, so this was all good to hear.

Other car issues grappled with during service
At 120kmph plus speeds, a humming sound starts coming into the car, from what seems like the engine bay area, but it’s definitely not an engine sound. Also, it seems as if the car offers a bit of resistance as one speeds up.

We took one long test drive before service: the car was then mounted on a ramp, and the test driver checked for bearings & suspension, and they were both ok. He however mentioned that apparently, 3 of my wheels were bent, one of them, significantly.

We then took a second test drive after the service, with a more senior test driver, and this time, the sound that has been bugging me for 2-3 months had vanished. Now, this was puzzling, because they did nothing during the suspension, but then I remembered: the mechanics discovered that the air pressure was 40psi, and they reduced it to 32 psi. Now, I keep the air pressure at 36psi whenever I’m on the highway (and that’s when this sound is very noticeable) and am guessing my friendly air pressure machine’s calibration was off, hence this issue.

The second test driver however mentioned that as per the sound that I was describing (he never did hear the sound, which was fixed by then) the issue could be one of a failing vacuum pump controller, but he said, that this would usually exhibit in driving, which he did not feel. He said, I should maybe come back in a few months and watch out for it.

However, since the only variable that changed during the two test drives was the air pressure, I’m inclined to believe that was the real issue.

Overall Service Experience
Apart from the long time taken during the injector update, I’ve been very happy, over the years, with VW. Both the SA’s and the Service Managers over the years have been really good, and the current Service Manager, Rajesh, is a gem, is really helpful and knows his job well. I’ve only ever gone to the Gurgaon workshop.

Also, this was the first time I was standing in the vicinity of the car as the mechanics serviced it, and I am impressed by the level of care taken, the number of items checked, and the level of proactive behaviour. Three examples from the current service: 1) opened my bottom, felt in loose, so spent the next 10 minutes extending the spring so that it had the proper bounce (I hadn’t even mentioned it to anyone, to fix) 2) felt my tires, and said the grooves were jutting out, which meant too much pressure, so reduced it. 3) The first test driver comes back after the service, looks into the bonnet area, calls for a torch, figures that a nut was missing from the plastic undercarriage support, and gets that fixed. Again, I wasn’t even aware of this.

~~~~~~
And before I sign off, once again, a big thank you to coolboy for all his help during this entire process.

Postscript, with an A4
Coolboy faced the issue below, but for me it hasn't appeared yet. Though, I've only started the car twice, after the change, so maybe the jury is still out on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
It takes almost 5-6 secs to get going if i start the car after 2 days, read online and they said some air might have entered the high pressure fuel system while changing injectors and that it would go away after driving spiritedly for 60-70 kms with some full throttle runs.
Wondering if you've managed to get this resolved?

~~~~~~

I take out the car the second time after the injector replacement, and am returning home at 1am. An Audi A4 is driving on my left, 2 lanes away, and it suddenly decides it needs to take a right at a huge crossing that it has actually almost missed. So, ignoring my insignificant presence, at a speed of almost 45-50kmph, the guy turns right and rams head on into my left side, right between the front & rear doors. I stop the car & get out, but he reverses, and speeds away.

The doors will be replaced: thankfully, I have zero dep. insurance, so my only expense, apart from the Rs. 2,000 mandatory charge, is Rs. 3,000 for the rubber beadings that are not apparently included in insurance. Hopefully, it’ll be back in the next 2 days.

On a separate note, am very impressed with how well the car took the damage. It remained planted, even though this was quite an impact & happened at speed, and you couldn't see any damage on the insides.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vag-update-report-edited.jpg  

Last edited by bosporus : 8th June 2015 at 01:16. Reason: spelling
bosporus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 13:27   #7767
BHPian

Hi, I own a 2013 Vento TDi and today I took it for engine oil top up and brake check among other routine checks. The car has done 36000 kms and is Mar 2013 manufactured.

Now, I don't know why but after reading bosporus' post today morning I pushed the SA to do a Min quantity injector adaptation. My injectors all state the date as LK20 which means 2012 Nov manufactured. Now though these dates are beyond the June 2012 manufacturing date (as per the advisory, injectors manufactured prior to this date are faulty) but to my horror the test gave a message to change the second injector, N31.

I have extended warranty but my SA is yet to update me on the hit to my pocket.

Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Should I ask the workshop to change all 4 injectors? Though I highly doubt that they will agree to this but I can try my luck.

2) Any precautions that I should take during the process?

3) I feel that there is an issue with the suspension as well as it gives a "huff" sound every time it goes over a speed breaker. The workshop is yet to check the same but the SA has told me that suspension is neither covered under warranty nor under extended warranty. Is this true?

@bosporus - can you please PM me your contact details? I am a newbie so I can't PM me, hence asking here.

Thanks
Abhinav
Old 8th June 2015, 15:41   #7768
Senior - BHPian

Long due test drive of the Vento 1.5 TDI DSG7:

Was waiting since a long time to spare some time to go and try out the Diesel iteration of the DSG Vento. Here is my brief experience about the same:
Note: it was the out going model, not the facelift, it will be available only on 23rd June, 2015.

Things I liked:

1. I was surprised that they had both TSI and TDI DSG models for test drive. Thumbs up to the dealer for that! Since I had already driven the TSI Polo, I decided to try the TDI first.

2. The starter motor, the engine idle, everything was much more sweeter and refined compared to my 2012 Vento TDI MT. Made me feel I am in a car, which is a notch above.

3. No jerks from the DSG when I moved the lever from P to D.

4. Liked the floor ambient lighting.

5. Footwell seemed wider but that was because of the absence of a dead pedal.

6. That sporty steering! Though I would swap it on day one for GTI steering with paddles.

7. I had no idea VW had tweaked the suspension after 2012. The ride was so pliant, unlike my super bouncy Vento. Shock absorption was pretty nice and I was immediately feeling at home since I had just driven in my Octy.

8. DSG shifts were much much more smoother that what I had expected it to be. Seamless, good kick down, and Sports mode was awesome fun.

9. Since we were on a private road, I could test acceleration and braking, both of which are impressive. Before I knew I was doing 130 km/h and there was no vibration or judder from the steering at all! My Vento's steering vibrates a lot past 120 km/h.

10. Over all refinement and noise insulation is superb.

Things I disliked:

1. No dead pedal.

2. Singular tone horn.

3. Judder from the pedal and steering under heavy braking.

4. The steering was a bit off-centre and when I pointed it out to the SA, he said that the 15K service was due, but I didn't see any reminder popping up which would have come on naturally around 500 kms before the due date. That means it was serviced but the wheel alignment was probably off.

5. No touch screen and no parking sensor display. My 2012 Vento has a parking display in the RCD HU, although I have upgraded to RCD 510, which has a colour display.

Over all experience was nice though. I felt I was in a much better finished car and much more silent, pliant, usable balance of engine, gearbox and suspension. I would swap my old Vento for a new DSG any day. But I don't see the value that there is in an almost 13 Lakh car, which I bought in 2012 for 11 Lakh. (DSG is a lakh dearer)

VW have done a great job improving the car over time with customer feedback, and even the sales department has improved a lot.

For some creepy reason though, the SA wanted me to pose with him and the car to be clicked in a tablet camera, as proof of my visit. I refused as I found it odd that they wanted a picture because I was there just for a test drive, not taking delivery of the car.

No discounts were offered as of now, they claim the DSG are selling well and hence there is no discount on offer. They have 1-2 DSG 2014 models left in stock, which they want to dispose off, so they might give a discount on those only.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 20:57   #7769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Hi, I own a 2013 Vento TDi and today I took it for engine oil top up and brake check among other routine checks. The car has done 36000 kms and is Mar 2013 manufactured.

Now, I don't know why but after reading bosporus' post today morning I pushed the SA to do a Min quantity injector adaptation. My injectors all state the date as LK20 which means 2012 Nov manufactured. Now though these dates are beyond the June 2012 manufacturing date (as per the advisory, injectors manufactured prior to this date are faulty) but to my horror the test gave a message to change the second injector, N31.

I have extended warranty but my SA is yet to update me on the hit to my pocket.

Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Should I ask the workshop to change all 4 injectors? Though I highly doubt that they will agree to this but I can try my luck.

2) Any precautions that I should take during the process?

3) I feel that there is an issue with the suspension as well as it gives a "huff" sound every time it goes over a speed breaker. The workshop is yet to check the same but the SA has told me that suspension is neither covered under warranty nor under extended warranty. Is this true?

@bosporus - can you please PM me your contact details? I am a newbie so I can't PM me, hence asking here.

Thanks
Abhinav
Abhinav, it's not a horror that the injector issue was detected now; it's a good thing. in fact, every change done in warranty is good. About your comments:
- You can certainly write to VW, but since your injectors are not part of the advisory, and the defective one is being replaced, I don't think you have much of a case. Plus, you have enough of a warranty left, so I wouldn't worry. Incidentally, coolboy007's similar request was also declined by VW.

- all relevant pointers are in my post. Do go through it again in detail.

- as I've mentioned in my post, you don't have to pay a single penny.

- if my windows are rolled down, my suspension also sometimes gives a huff, and it's perfectly ok. Suspension parts have a warranty of 10,000km only, but if you feel something is off, just get it checked.

- if I may, the Vento (most modern cars, in fact) doesn't really need too many checks outside of regular service, and an oil top-up can be done by you. I come from the worldview that you should ask workshops to investigate specific issues you're feeling: asking them for random checks outside of regular service is just an invitation to random charges & random meddling with your car. So, at the expense of sounding preachy, I'd say, you have a reasonably solid, issue free car, so don't get psyched too much and just enjoy it. And learn about your car, so that you can stop worrying about things going wrong with it.

- I tried to PM you but couldn't. But, I'd anyways recommend that you put your queries here, so that the community can benefit from our shared experiences. Though, next time, just quote me if you have a specific query for me, so that I get a notification & can respond quickly.

Cheers,
Old 9th June 2015, 10:07   #7770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Abhinav, it's not a horror that the injector issue was detected now; it's a good thing. in fact, every change done in warranty is good. About your comments:
Thanks for an early reply bosporus. Regarding the update with respect to my car:

1) I asked them to replace all 4, but like you said, they refused. The SA said that we can't make a case for all 4 injectors' replacement based on failure of one. So they have replaced that one injector. Also, after the injector replacement, they ran the min quantity injector adaptation once again. I am not sure whether they ran the “ECU update & MFMA update to ensure compliance” or not. I have to go to collect the car today and I'll check this with them.

I am seriously scared about the failure of other 3 injectors as well. Let's see what happens.

2) Thanks for your pointers on the other items

3) Regarding the suspension, I got it checked and the mechanic has said that it will need replacement in some time.

Yup, I agree with your statement on the reliability of Vento and most modern cars. I am trying to learn about my car as much as possible and this forum has been a big help in that.

On a separate note - is your car back from the workshop? Has the door been fixed? Wish you many more kms with the car.

Cheers!

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2015 at 10:18. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks