Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2017, 14:35   #8881
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

For my TSI Highline 2016 model I renewed zero dep insurance from Tata AiG last month for Rs 29k. Even though you had made a claim last year, thereby losing no claim bonus, Rs 28k seem like a lot of insurance premium for a four years old Vento.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 15:51   #8882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
All suggestions are welcome.
You can also look at Oriental Insurance. Have opted for their Zero-Dep Plan, which was almost 35-40% cheaper than the next best option. The only drawback is that they don't offer cashless claims, which I was fine with.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 17:12   #8883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Rs 28k seem like a lot of insurance premium for a four years old Vento.
Just got the normal policy quote of Rs 23438 for Tata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
You can also look at Oriental Insurance.
Thanks. Will try that
Old 20th September 2017, 11:33   #8884
BHPian

The hunt is on. Called up an Oriental Insurance agent. Surprisingly he dissuaded me from buying an OI policy. He said the premium will be close to TATA AIG and there is no cashless facility and his existing customers are facing problems. Strange!

Finally the choice is between Royal Sundaram and HDRC Ergo. RS is offering Rs 26,995 and Ergo Rs 23,213. Both are zero-dep and have a compulsory deductible of Rs2,000 at the time of claim. What say?
Old 23rd September 2017, 22:58   #8885
BHPian

Quote:
Finally the choice is between Royal Sundaram and HDRC Ergo. RS is offering Rs 26,995 and Ergo Rs 23,213. Both are zero-dep and have a compulsory deductible of Rs2,000 at the time of claim. What say?
Hdfc Ergo anyday over RS. Much better service.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 11:07   #8886
BHPian

Quote:
Stay away from Royal Sundaram, this is form my personal experience in 2010 when I had my Swift. Both Windshield Experts and Maruti suggested not to opt for Royal Sundaram next time.

Why don't you check with Bajaj Allianz? I was offered a premium of 26K with all bells and whistle for my 2016 Vento 1.5D AT Highline.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 14:09   #8887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Why don't you check with Bajaj Allianz? I was offered a premium of 26K with all bells and whistle for my 2016 Vento 1.5D AT Highline.Cheers!
Bajaj is offering the policy for Rs32,000. With engine protector, it comes to Rs34,000.

On bargaining, they were willing to give a zero-dep policy for Rs 28,000 but with a compulsory deductible (Rs2,000) and voluntary deductible (either Rs1,500 or Rs2,000... forgot the exact amount).

So, might settle for HDFC for Rs23,213.

Getting 4-5 calls every day
Old 27th September 2017, 00:49   #8888
BHPian

Finally did end up buying the 1.5 DSG Highline from VW Delhi East, and brought it home today

Some initial observations and delivery experience:
  • Car was ready for delivery at the promised time and all paperwork was ready - so no delays, paperwork was smooth.
  • Good communication by the sales person I was dealing with!
  • They tried to sell 'lamination and anti-rust', the guy who was pitching for it had no clue what he was talking about, I wasn't going to get it anyway so refused that.
  • Customer facing staff made a big deal of the purchase, burst a party popper, got a cake and they did things to make it an occasion - all good!
  • All the cleaners in the shop who had gathered around the car and wanted to earn a tip 'chamkaoed' the car with an oily towel which resulted in all windows and windscreen being smeared with oil and made it really difficult to drive back home in the dark with every bit of glass turned hazy - welcome to Delhi, no matter where you go they apply engine oil to shine the body as well as dashboard, honestly I didn't expect this at delivery! Firstly staff shouldn't be allowed to demand a tip and even if they do, they should know not to smear oil to shine any part of a new or old car.
  • The showroom said they had filled 5liters of diesel and I added another 49.5L to fill up the tank - yet the MID showed only 470km of range, which increase to 590kms after driving for another 30kms on the Greater Noida expressway - I hope I am going to get more than 590kms out of some 50 odd liters??
  • They said the tires are over-inflated during transit and I should get the pressure reduced (isn't this something that they should do prior to delivery? - Its the small stuff that adds to one's experience)
  • The audio unit is really basic, but the sales person I dealt with said that VW will void warranty for the entire car if I bought a unit from anywhere except them and same applies for rear view camera - is that true?
More to come, tips from existing users welcome!
ff1609 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 23:43   #8889
BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj is offering the policy for Rs32,000. With engine protector, it comes to Rs34,000.
Hi,

Did you contact Bajaj directly on their helpline or through an agent. I called them directly and was told that they cannot offer any discount. I was told that agents can offer discount but they make up for the same if you submit a claim. I was not able to understand this logic of offering discount and then adjusting the same through claim by agents. Claim is done directly between insurer and the insurance company, how does agent come into picture while submitting claim.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 23:51   #8890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Did you contact Bajaj directly on their helpline or through an agentRegards.
I guess I contacted Bajaj directly. I calculated the premium from their website and they called me. They kept on saying they are VW's national partners, so it is better to buy from them.

On the discount part, I too had check the same with VW insurance wing in 2015 because they were offering a good discount from the same insurer who had quoted a higher amount when I contacted them directly.

They said they pass on the discount they get from the insurer.

Last edited by sreepathy : 27th September 2017 at 23:55.
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:31   #8891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 View Post
P.S: I was so pissed off that I shot a mail to VW about their unethical practices.
Will update once I get a mail from them.
Post the complaint, I got calls from the respective showrooms trying to justify that the price difference was due to GST confusion.

When I questioned them how the hell should it matter as they are charging GST over MRP.

MRP mentioned on the box is clearly ₹3060. According to their logic, even if I take 28% GST into picture, the difference in tax is roughly 14% if 14% was the VAT earlier.

So the hike after GST should be ₹428 and the new probable price is ₹ 3488.

On questioning them in detail, they gave different explanations and pricing each time. At one point, they even went onto say that they got confused with Ameo blinds, which surprisingly cost much more than Vento blinds.

Finally I mailed them that's if a proper justification is not given, I'll loop legal metrology department to the mail chain.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20170928111356.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20170928111424.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20170928111442.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20170928113059_01.jpg  

sriharsha_m87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 10:53   #8892
BHPian

My Vento (2012) fuel lid is stuck. This happened few times already but upon repeated pushing it opened. Today it is completely stuck and unable to fill fuel. Taking to service later.

Wonder how big the expense will be? Has anyone experienced this and fixed, please share details.
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:02   #8893
BHPian

Quote:

On bargaining, they were willing to give a zero-dep policy for Rs 28,000 but with a compulsory deductible (Rs2,000) and voluntary deductible (either Rs1,500 or Rs2,000... forgot the exact amount).

So, might settle for HDFC for Rs23,213.

Getting 4-5 calls every day
Bajaj allianz is very expensive. I am with Bharti Axa for 4 years now, their pricing and service is better.
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 21:46   #8894
BHPian

Quote:
It’s once again that time of the year – insurance renewal. It used to be a non-event mostly. But with GST and new IRDA rules kicking in, was in for a shock this time.

Some background. My Vento petrol comfortline is from 2013. The current Tata AIG insurance with zero-dep, engine and hydrostatic lock cover etc cost Rs 24K (Sapphire plan) last year. Made a claim last year.

The car is used only for long trips. And, in the past four years have managed to clock only 19,000 km. The 7-year-old Alto K10 is used for city runs.

The renewal is up next month. And the both Tata AIG and Park Lane Car (through which I took the policy last year) are offering the same policy for Rs32,000! An increase of Rs8,000

As a second option, the 0-dep will cost Rs28,000. (Now, have asked for a quote for a basic policy from them).

Easyinsuranceindia is quoting Rs29,289 for a zero-dep from Shriram. Without zero-dep it will be only Rs19,740.

Now, I am in double mind about spending so much for a full-cover insurance.

All suggestions are welcome.

Try United India Insurance - i understand that VW had tied up with United India Insurance and they have a PAN india network - but it has to be through the VW dealerships. Dealer code is captured in the policy and i was told that if the dealer code does not belong to VW group, cashless facility is not available.

During the purchase of 2015 vento TDI, insurance was 40,000 for Bajaj DA Elite, last year i opted for DA Economy for a premium of 30k(after NCB and much of negotiations) and this year they quoted 27K again after 25% NCB, which i found to be too higher. Hence i reached out to VW Mount road, chennai (of Sundaram Motors) and inquired about options. That is when they told me that they are tied up with United India from Madurai branch for cashless facility and they have a PAN india cashless facility - still i am not 100% sure if they have a PAN india cashless network, but i went ahead with oriental for a quote of 21 K with IDV 8.37L for a Zero dip policy,as VW mount road where i do my regular service is covered under cashless network.

Pls check with your dealer on United Insurance and if they confirm that they have cashless tie up with United India, go ahead with United India.

Note: Upon going through the policy i saw something mentioned as co insurance-80% of payment will be made by madurai branch-"Leader" and 20%by Delhi branch - "Non leader")

I also understood from the representative that reliance and one another private player once offered cashless network in the past for VW but terminated the agreement due to high cost claim of VW.
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 21:55   #8895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Try United India Insurance
VW in Ahmedabad was offering only Tata AIG (the quote I have mentioned earlier). And, despite telling them that HDFC Ergo was way cheaper, they stuck to their guns. Don't understand why they should deny cashless claims when they repeatedly assured me that they have such a facility with VW service centres in Ahmedabad. I finally went with Ergo and bought it online.

Most Viewed