Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2019, 10:42   #9286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Query to Vento Owners in Hyderabad

Will be sending my Vento 1.6 TDi for its 8th annual service as it is due in 17 days as per MID.

Wanted to check how reputed is Volkswagen Hyderabad Service Centre?
Address: No:- 7-52/27, Prashanti Hills, Khajaguda, RR Dist Hyderabad - 500008
https://goo.gl/maps/kDefQ4stwYL2

This be the 1st time car be serviced at Hyderabad.

Anyone who has serviced their VW over there can share any good Service Adviser name, will be a lot helpful.

Thanks.
This one you mention is good and I have been visiting them for the last three years. It is called PPS motors and located at Khajaguda as you had mentioned. The quality of the service is also up to the mark. You could safely give your car to these guys.

You could contact Naveen Kumar Yadav or Sai Krishna.

I have also been to Mody VW at Uppal and they are good too. But they are far away from my residence.

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by bharath79 : 30th March 2019 at 10:45.
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 22:52   #9287
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
This one you mention is good and I have been visiting them for the last three years. You could safely give your car to these guys.
That gives enough confidence. Thanks Bharath.

Quote:
You could contact Naveen Kumar Yadav or Sai Krishna.
Will do same. Will give your reference.

Quote:
I have also been to Mody VW at Uppal and they are good too. But they are far away from my residence.
Reason to choose VW Hyderabad (PPS Motors) was they were nearest to my residence compared to other 3 service centers.
Old 8th April 2019, 08:04   #9288
BHPian

Excellent mileage on the trip to jaipur

Look i to the pictures of MID
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20190327_110336.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20190327_110341.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20190327_110400_hdr.jpg  

rajeevatdelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:54   #9289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevatdelhi View Post

Please try to not take pics while on the move .. whatever be the speed. On our roads, anything can suddenly jump into your path and your hands need to be on the wheel all the time.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 12:50   #9290
BHPian

Quote:

Getting that mileage in burning heat is difficult (cold air is thicker and can supply more oxygen). I believe you must have driven car between 60-80 with light foot. how old is car? how many KM on display?
Old 12th April 2019, 14:13   #9291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
Getting that mileage in burning heat is difficult (cold air is thicker and can supply more oxygen). I believe you must have driven car between 60-80 with light foot. how old is car? how many KM on display?
I drove from Delhi to Jaipur at an average speed of 80-85 KMPH,
My car is a Petrol fuelled TSI Model and has automatic Transmission.

I drove on Cruise control fixed at 8o and used very less brakes on the highway

I want to highlight that mileage is also dependent on how one drives the Vehicle. ARAI Mileage of this Vehicle is about 18.19 KMPL but driving the vehicle smoothly on highway I acheived max at about 25 KMPL.
Old 12th April 2019, 14:54   #9292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I want to highlight that mileage is also dependent on how one drives the Vehicle. ARAI Mileage of this Vehicle is about 18.19 KMPL but driving the vehicle smoothly on highway I acheived max at about 25 KMPL.
Its impressive FE for a Petrol! However, makes me wonder, where's the fun in the drive when we are so much obsessed with FE. I sincerely hope this is a one-time effort. If not, I'd say the engine is being "abused".
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 18:09   #9293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great to see such FE numbers from the TSI. Usually get to see such only on the diesel sibling.
For how long were you able to sustain this real-time FE view?
What's your experience of it between two tankfuls?
Old 13th April 2019, 23:33   #9294
BHPian

Quote:
I drove from Delhi to Jaipur at an average speed of 80-85 KMPH,
My car is a Petrol fuelled TSI Model and has automatic Transmission.

I drove on Cruise control fixed at 8o and used very less brakes on the highway

On a Delhi Jaipur drive we barely got 14 kmpl, on same petrol TSI. With so many trucks it was difficult to drive on cruise control. So 25 kmpl is insanely high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Its impressive FE for a Petrol! However, makes me wonder, where's the fun in the drive when we are so much obsessed with FE. I sincerely hope this is a one-time effort. If not, I'd say the engine is being "abused".
I do agree here. I rarely watch FE. It is my believe that this obsession with FE has spoiled the Indian car market. To cater to this market some Asian manufacturers has sacrificed safety for fuel economy. So brands with better built chassis are finding it difficult to survive.
Old 14th April 2019, 15:28   #9295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Great to see such FE numbers from the TSI. Usually get to see such only on the diesel sibling.
For how long were you able to sustain this real-time FE view?
What's your experience of it between two tankfuls?
I drove about 875 km on 1 tankful of 50 litres where about 590 was highway and about 285 in dekhi traffic
Old 14th April 2019, 17:54   #9296
Distinguished - BHPian

A query to all TDI owners.

My VW Jetta TDI has done 62,000 Km and also had it remapped recently. I would like to get EGR cleaning done as a precaution especially since my car is running on a more powerful map.

Has anyone here got it done at the service centre? What is the cost for the same?

I have posted this query here as the 1.6 TDI had a more vulnerable EGR valve and some owners might have gotten it cleaned (or atleast asked for an estimate?).

Thanks in advance,
Vishy
Old 14th April 2019, 19:30   #9297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I would like to get EGR cleaning done as a precaution especially since my car is running on a more powerful map.

Has anyone here got it done at the service centre? What is the cost for the same?
I doubt VW Workshop cleans it. They would normally replace it.

I'm surprised, your Tuner didn't do a soft EGR delete.

Do check with your Tuner about it. That's what most Tuners do.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 12:10   #9298
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a second-hand sedan and the Vento has proven itself to be a very worthy option. Though I had a few questions -

1. Why does the Vento sell relatively cheaper than it's competition, such as the Honda City of the same vintage?
2. Is the Vento FNG friendly?
3. Spares - Are Vento spares available easily outside the service center? Are they expensive compared to a Honda City?

I'm thinking of a 2012-13 Vento (Petrol) and would love to get some more insight from the good people here.
Old 17th April 2019, 12:35   #9299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a second-hand sedan and the Vento has proven itself to be a very worthy option. Though I had a few questions -

1. Why does the Vento sell relatively cheaper than it's competition, such as the Honda City of the same vintage?
2. Is the Vento FNG friendly?
3. Spares - Are Vento spares available easily outside the service center? Are they expensive compared to a Honda City?

I'm thinking of a 2012-13 Vento (Petrol) and would love to get some more insight from the good people here.
Here are your answers from a Vento owner itself:-

1. It sells less because still cars like Ciaz, City and Verna command a better brand recall amongst Indian customers and also gives you better resale value and less pain in after sales.
2. Well, I do not think Vento is a FNG friendly car if it involves major electrical/mechanical work. Denting/Painting might still be ok.
3. Spares are definitely costly compared to City and they are not available OTC. For eg, I had to send 24k last month for complete timing belt assembly change in my Vento. After sales for VW cars is a pain area especially once they are out of 2+2 warranty.

But what VW car does give you is, safety with a strong laser welded shell, driving pleasure/Dynamics which is second to none. The torquey 1.5 diesel mill is as powerful as it gets. Good space, Good mileage in even DSG's in city and highway and German brand to boast off!

Take your pick wisely.
Old 17th April 2019, 13:22   #9300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
A query to all TDI owners.

My VW Jetta TDI has done 62,000 Km and also had it remapped recently. I would like to get EGR cleaning done as a precaution especially since my car is running on a more powerful map.

I have posted this query here as the 1.6 TDI had a more vulnerable EGR valve and some owners might have gotten it cleaned (or atleast asked for an estimate?).

Thanks in advance,
Vishy
Off topic, but there shouldn't be an issue. First check if there is an EGR Delete done.

Our Laura did 75,000kms, majority of which was post remap. I would routinely hold on to higher RPMs (3000 - 3500 rpm) on an open road for a few seconds every few hundred kms of sedate driving.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks