Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 20:58   #9346
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Yikes! Guess I'm not sleeping again, haha! Thanks a lot for the wishes
There is no such rule. I did my cars PDI at stockyard. I even took delivery there as I wanted to take it out of town from there itself on a long journey.

You can very well insist on doing PDI at stockyard.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 15:20   #9347
BHPian

Today morning my car just refused to open with the remote key. On opening the door with the key, i tried to start the car but there was absolutely no response from the engine.
I think it might be related to battery but i am not sure. My car is three years old and till now there was no indication in terms of long self required to start or anything, it just conked off.
Can somebody please share the recommended way ahead and a battery for vento 1.2 tsi dsg along with expected price

Last edited by nik hill : 10th June 2019 at 15:27.
Old 11th June 2019, 20:26   #9348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Found one more issue on my Vento today

When it went for service in December my SA has pointed out that coolant was almost empty (Not min but bottle was completely empty).
(...)
After December is already 2 months since service and car has only driven 1000 KM. When i opened bonnet again i saw coolant bottle again almost empty. I have not noticed any spot below car from over night.
Digging up this old post (thanks @bblost for helping me find this!). I am facing a similar problem on my 8 year old Vento AT Highline, now at nearly 120,000 km.

I had to top up my coolant twice in less than 10,000 km (both times at Shell petrol pump). This has never happened- frankly I don't ever remember topping up the coolant in my car. And the level had dropped to below minimum in both instances. No loss of performance apparent nor even an overheating message on the console. In fact I did a 1200-km Goa round trip just a week ago without any issues.

But took it in to The Mechanix (run by @599gto) anyway and they seem to think it's a slow leak in the coolant pipe somewhere. Since I need the car for my daily commute, took it back but will get it in again to get the pipe replaced. Estimated cost is around 2K, give or take.

Otherwise the car is running well- I do believe it's one of the highest run AT Ventos on the forum
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 21:48   #9349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Digging up this old post (thanks @bblost for helping me find this!). I am facing a similar problem on my 8 year old Vento AT Highline, now at nearly 120,000 km.

I had to top up my coolant twice in less than 10,000 km (both times at Shell petrol pump). This has never happened- frankly I don't ever remember topping up the coolant in my car. And the level had dropped to below minimum in both instances. No loss of performance apparent nor even an overheating message on the console. In fact I did a 1200-km Goa round trip just a week ago without any issues.

But took it in to The Mechanix (run by @599gto) anyway and they seem to think it's a slow leak in the coolant pipe somewhere. Since I need the car for my daily commute, took it back but will get it in again to get the pipe replaced. Estimated cost is around 2K, give or take.

Otherwise the car is running well- I do believe it's one of the highest run AT Ventos on the forum

Had a very similar issue in my car too. They changed the water pump and stuff. And since they were opening a few things in bonnet, they were able to convince me to change the engine mountings as well saying it will save labour cost. Last 6 months have been a bit eye watering in terms of maintenance costs. Car is now around 94K KMs and 7 and a half years old. On the plus side, it still drives like a new.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 23:45   #9350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Had a very similar issue in my car too. They changed the water pump and stuff. And since they were opening a few things in bonnet, they were able to convince me to change the engine mountings as well saying it will save labour cost. Last 6 months have been a bit eye watering in terms of maintenance costs. Car is now around 94K KMs and 7 and a half years old. On the plus side, it still drives like a new.

Rachit
Hi

How much did they charge for the engine mounts, any perceived reduction in NVH ?
Old 24th June 2019, 22:31   #9351
BHPian

Today, while my father was driving his 2013 VW Vento 1.6TDI, he noticed the glow plug warning pop up suddenly, after which the car suddenly became sluggish and refused to accelerate above 40kmph. He kept on driving and is now parked in my home. I am out of station, hence don't know any further details.
It has done 88000kms and the service was done last month.

Any idea what could have gone wrong?
Old 24th June 2019, 22:55   #9352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Hi

How much did they charge for the engine mounts, any perceived reduction in NVH ?
I will have to check the bill to confirm, but if I remember right it was not a lot. Maybe around 5-6K. Yes, the car feels smoother now.

I will try and get back with the exact expense.

Rachit
Old 27th June 2019, 10:25   #9353
BHPian

My 2013 Vento TDi has suffered an injector failure and it costs about Rs.25000 for the same. Is there anyway I can get a goodwill warranty for the repair? The service center says VW will deny the warranty as my car has not undergone the emissions update. The car has been maintained well, and the last service was done 20 days back.
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:45   #9354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
My 2013 Vento TDi has suffered an injector failure and it costs about Rs.25000 for the same. Is there anyway I can get a goodwill warranty for the repair? The service center says VW will deny the warranty as my car has not undergone the emissions update. The car has been maintained well, and the last service was done 20 days back.
Do show them this link
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...on-system.html (Skoda Advisory - Rapid's Fuel Injection System)

VW was supposed to recall all the affected cars anyway. If you push the case with the higher authorities in VW, they should offer goodwill warranty.

If that is not an option, check with any Bosch centre if they will replace the same. It is supposed to be cheaper.

Your last option is to refurbish the injector. There's absolutely no guarantee if it will solve the problem but it's the cheapest of all. There is a thread on it in our forum: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...replacing.html (Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing)
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:52   #9355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
VW was supposed to recall all the affected cars anyway. If you push the case with the higher authorities in VW, they should offer goodwill warranty.
My car doesn't belong to the batch of affected cars as it is post 2013. So its more of a wear and tear issue, than a manufacturing defect.

I have replaced the affected injector for Rs.12500, at an FNG that specializes in injectors, its a brand new imported Continental injector. Also, cleaned and tested rest of the injectors, found one of them on the weaker side, but its fine as per the FNG.

The car is back running normally like a how it was since Day 1. No issues at all.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 17:17   #9356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post

I have replaced the affected injector for Rs.12500, at an FNG that specializes in injectors, its a brand new imported Continental injector. Also, cleaned and tested rest of the injectors, found one of them on the weaker side, but its fine as per the FNG.

The car is back running normally like a how it was since Day 1. No issues at all.
That is great to know! Can you share the details of the FNG? I regularly travel to Kochi and would like to get mine checked too.

Besides, how many KM's has your car done?
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 17:23   #9357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
That is great to know! Can you share the details of the FNG? I regularly travel to Kochi and would like to get mine checked too.

Besides, how many KM's has your car done?
My car has done 90000kms till now. This was the 1st major issue with car.

I have attached a google maps link for the FNG. I believe there will be such places in a bigger city like Chennai.

https://g.co/kgs/P1mFvW

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 2nd July 2019 at 17:24.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 18:24   #9358

Hello,

I am looking for some advice regarding certain issues plaguing my car.

About a month ago, upon checking under the hood, I had observed that the coolant level was below the minimum indicator. I had previously faced an overheat warning issue some time in October last year. At the time, the water pump had been replaced as a fix. In May this year, i had randomly checked under the hood and seen that I was running low on coolant. As I had couple of extra bottles stored in the boot, I topped it up and figured that was that.

But the next evening itself, the level had dropped back down to low. This time I took a good look under sunlight and found some coolant splatter around the reservoir bottle and on the sub-frame near the bottle. I checked the engine oil also and that seemed alright, albeit slightly on the lower side. So the car was topped up with engine oil and coolant again and to another workshop.

The new workshop changed the reservoir bottle and also the head gasket. They explained that it had burnt when previously overheated. After about ten days when I received the car back, I was quite dismayed to see that there was a perceivable loss of power. I promptly took it back to the workshop who then advised to get the boost valve replaced.
Upon return after changing the valve, I could still feel that the power loss was not resolved.

Next step was to refresh the ECU. I had gotten an RD box fitted to the car around two years back. The same was removed and ECU was reset. That resulted in an even more pronounced power loss so the box was fixed again. I got the car back today afternoon and while there is a bit of an improvement in the pickup, it still feels severely under-powered.
Any suggestions on what I can try next?

Car has covered about 125000 kms, was running on RD box since February 2017 at 92000 kms. I had not done the recall software update. Clutch was changed at 86000 kms when there was severe slippage. Injectors were cleaned, water pump has been changed, Timing belt replaced, Coolant reservoir changed, MAF sensor also changed all over the last 8 months.

Anyone? I am desperate for help now..

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2019 at 22:49. Reason: formatted for readability
Old 20th July 2019, 12:55   #9359

Hello,
I am looking for a used Vento TSI (2016 onwards; with warranty).
Would appreciate if anyone can provide me with leads, or if anyone in this forum is actually selling it.

Current location: Pune

Thanks!
mrinalnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 04:52   #9360
BHPian

Dear All,

I am returning to India in September after spending 29 years overseas, mainly in Singapore and Australia. I need to buy a car. It will have to be a petrol automatic. I've been checking out the various options on the Internet. I had a look at the SUVs but wasn't impressed by whats on offer. Among the hatchbacks the one that I liked was the Jazz. Among the sedans I liked the Verna, City and Vento 1.2 TSI. I am tending to zero in on the Vento.

Chennai is my hometown. Being an ex air force officer I plan to buy the car through the CSD. Which dealer in Chennai would you recommend? What additional points do I need to look out for?

Very much appreciate tips and guidance from BHPians.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Most Viewed