Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2019, 23:23   #9436
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
One more update - I got the auto headlight switch from aliexpress. Unfortunately, it does not fit the highline plus as the connector is different. I should have checked beforehand. Anyways, its just lying with me and therefore, if anyone wants to buy the same, let me know. I am willing to give it at cost price. This one has the light sensor in the switch itself and the finish is matte silver(similar to Vento OEM switch) and not chrome
I too did the same mistake, in-fact I ordered the switch even before taking delivery of the car. Mine has some Bluetooth features which are mentioned in the link below.

The link of the Auto Headlight Switch: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...3e354c4da2y3o5

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th December 2019 at 11:39. Reason: Please use the classifieds section to sell the item. Not on the forum. Thanks.
Old 9th December 2019, 10:25   #9437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarobb View Post
I too did the same mistake, in-fact I ordered the switch even before taking delivery of the car. Mine has some Bluetooth features which are mentioned in the link below.

The link of the Auto Headlight Switch: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...3e354c4da2y3o5
Looks like lot of people made the same mistake.
If you are able to source auto headlights for the highline plus, let me know.
I had throught of this even before buying the car. So, it is bit of bummer for sure

I am sure this will fit all the Polo/Vento models other than highline plus.
Here is the link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3290...6e244c4dme8VRl

Some images of the actual item.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-auto_headlight2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-auto_headlight1.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th December 2019 at 11:39. Reason: Please use the classifieds section to sell the item. Not on the forum. Thanks.
Old 10th December 2019, 15:25   #9438
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like lot of people made the same mistake.
If you are able to source auto headlights for the highline plus, let me know.
I had throught of this even before buying the car. So, it is bit of bummer for sure

I am sure this will fit all the Polo/Vento models other than highline plus.
Here is the link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3290...6e244c4dme8VRl

Some images of the actual item.

Attachment 1944067

Attachment 1944068
This fits older model of VW lot. I had fit this for my 2012 Vento Highline TDI and worked well. VW recently upgraded the headlight switch connector and now they have a small one compared to old big one. Auto headlight switch are available on Chinese sites with small connector.
I'm not confident on fitting this for HL plus LED headlight, waiting for someone else's try before I proceed with order.

Old Connector

New connector
Old 11th December 2019, 10:33   #9439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
This fits older model of VW lot. I had fit this for my 2012 Vento Highline TDI and worked well. VW recently upgraded the headlight switch connector and now they have a small one compared to old big one. Auto headlight switch are available on Chinese sites with small connector.
I'm not confident on fitting this for HL plus LED headlight, waiting for someone else's try before I proceed with order.
Okay, so you want a Guinea pig?

Fine, I can probably be the one.

Can you share the links of the new ones, I am unable to find on aliexpress.

I am also looking at external auto dimming OVRM, I found a few on aliexpress. Can someone confirm if they will fit?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3258...587d2e0efojUuO

Last edited by adimicra : 11th December 2019 at 10:35.
Old 11th December 2019, 14:09   #9440
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, so you want a Guinea pig?

Fine, I can probably be the one.

Can you share the links of the new ones, I am unable to find on aliexpress.
Here it is. Please check once from your side before you spend hard earned $35.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297...chweb201603_55
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 20:14   #9441
BHPian

In continuing with tradition in which one sensor is followed by another, my left rear sensor has gone kaput within 2 months of replacing my right front sensor.

Suggestion by A.S.S - Please change all sensors at one go.
Old 11th December 2019, 21:18   #9442
BHPian

After blissful 1,21,000 km , the DSG of my 2015 model Vento TDI 1.5 l conked off. Replaced under warranty and now back into business. Lucky that I have taken the extended warranty. Keeping fingers crossed as the warranty is expiring soon. Total bill came around 2 lakhs, had to pay only 6k from my pocket for some consumables.
shasha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 22:00   #9443
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I have been waiting for the mudflaps for the last 1.5 months or so. Finally, received the same today and got it fitted at the dealership. Also, got the sunblinds fitted for the rear windows and the windscreen, which was promised as free accessory during the delivery....
Thanks Adimicra, just wanted to know, from which showroom have you taken your car's delivery? I took my car's delivery from Hitec City Kondapur showroom.

Quote:
A brand like VW is not even ready with a basic accessory for their cars which is hard to believe.
Let me add one more point here, on December 3rd, while I was returning from Tirupati to Hyderabad, on a national highway, all of a sudden a street dog was trying to cross the 6 Lane highway, at that time my car was little over 100 kmph and I am driving on the speed lane. And the dog escaped a Lorry which was at my left side and appeared in front of my car. I wasn't having any time to stop my car and my right side fog lamp portion hit that Dog.....RIP Dog.

And that impact damaged the bumper's right side portion. After reaching Hyderabad, I took my car to service center and finished all the formalities by calling the insurance company and got my claim number.

Till date, service center guys are still waiting for the part and my car is there at the service center.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-my-vento.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 12th December 2019 at 00:21. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Trimmed quote. EDIT: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 11th December 2019, 22:25   #9444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
After blissful 1,21,000 km , the DSG of my 2015 model Vento TDI 1.5 l conked off. Replaced under warranty and now back into business. Lucky that I have taken the extended warranty. Keeping fingers crossed as the warranty is expiring soon. Total bill came around 2 lakhs, had to pay only 6k from my pocket for some consumables.
What were the signs? And any such issue before this?

1.2 Lakhs is like almost edge of the warranty rider. I guess now they have increased the kms.
Old 12th December 2019, 00:02   #9445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
The DSG horror continues. It's not about the warranty or the expense but the fear of this happening is always a concern. I understand that a clutch plate is a consumable however gearbox is not! It's supposed to last a long time.
Old 12th December 2019, 09:41   #9446
BHPian

Early sign was increased latency in slotting of reverse gear. This sign was there for one month, but very subtle. Then , one fine morning the reverse was not at all engaging. It did engage after restarting. But soon, D2 was not up shifting to D3 and it had to be towed in a flat bed to service centre. BTW, the experience with DSG was so addictive that it's hard not to buy one once again. The ABS sensors also were replaced under warranty couple of months back. Excepting these , it was very good experience with the vehicle as well as service centre. Car is as solid as new without a single rattle.
Old 12th December 2019, 10:37   #9447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post

Till date, service center guys are still waiting for the part and my car is there at the service center.
Attachment 1945031
Welcome to the VW penitentiary pkothak

Being the owner of VW for the second time, I can assure you that your thought process would match mine in a very short time, and that is:

Why can't the VW Warranty get over soon and I don't get to visit the A.S.S anymore!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:37   #9448
BHPian

Mine is a 2016 model Vento TSI. Has so far clocked 71000 km. The engine check light comes on some time. Last night after a 20 minute drive it came on when we reached our parking.

We turned off the engine and restarted. The light is gone. Repeated twice, no light.

What could be the problem?

Last edited by Guite : 12th December 2019 at 10:46.
Old 12th December 2019, 14:14   #9449
BHPian

Quote:
I am also looking at external auto dimming OVRM, I found a few on aliexpress. Can someone confirm if they will fit?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3258...587d2e0efojUuO
I've bought the OVRM's without the arrow indicators as VW already provides a small see through in the OVRM and I find it more than enough, also two lights flashing in the same spot doing the same job looks aftermarket (my thought).

Hence I've bought these in Aliexpress and were a perfect fit for my VW Vento 2019.

The link is below with some pics attached.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3266...48834c4diwPr3y

Go for the 2018 one.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_0120.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_e0124.jpg  

adityarobb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:51   #9450
BHPian

Guys, I have a 2012 Vento - TDI highline 1.6 TDI - which has clocked 165K kms. A couple of queries regarding same -

1) I was recommended by service center guys to replace V-belt for my Vento. I could not find any pointer in owner manual on this. Do we need to replace the same?
2) has someone got the auto dimming IRVM for older Vento? Can we fit the auto dimming mirror available in new models to earlier models?
3) I am now seeing some issues in engaging reverse gear in my Vento. Has any forum member noticed this issue. Having trouble with slotting the gear itself.

Most Viewed