Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 16:34   #9496

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Update - Mounting costs were too much to keep up with, I had to cut losses and traded the Vento for a Verna petrol. Vento seems to have been scrapped now. Verna doesn't have the same feel as the Vento did while it worked properly. It has been three months now and I still miss the driving dynamics of the old car..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
Hello,

I am looking for some advice regarding certain issues plaguing my car.

About a month ago, upon checking under the hood, I had observed that the coolant level was below the minimum indicator. I had previously faced an overheat warning issue some time in October last year. At the time, the water pump had been replaced as a fix. In May this year, i had randomly checked under the hood and seen that I was running low on coolant. As I had couple of extra bottles stored in the boot, I topped it up and figured that was that.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th January 2020 at 16:49. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 25th January 2020, 13:51   #9497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
Update - Mounting costs were too much to keep up with, I had to cut losses and traded the Vento for a Verna petrol.
Switched Vento for a Verna? Did you evaluate other options as well?
How's the difference in ride quality overall?

Quote:
Vento seems to have been scrapped now.
What do you mean "scrapped"?
Old 27th January 2020, 15:10   #9498

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Switched Vento for a Verna? Did you evaluate other options as well?
How's the difference in ride quality overall?

What do you mean "scrapped"?
I checked the City and Yaris only, due to time crunch. Ciaz was not in my list for consideration.
Ride quality I have not really compared cent per cent since I am still in the break-in period for the engine. Over slow speeds, the steering feels a bit too loose as compared to the vento. High speeds, I have not touched more than 60 in the verna yet so cannot say. Feature-wise verna is far better loaded but that was expected since the vento was 2011 built. Going from a TDI to petrol, the reduction in difference in torque is very evident.

The dealer has sold the old car to a scrap vendor. To be honest, no one in their right minds would have bought it as a daily drive, given the catastrophic condition of the engine. I was lucky to have gotten what I could have.
Old 12th February 2020, 19:50   #9499
BHPian

Need help. I'm looking to add 2nd horn to Vento. I believe the stock comes with low tone, can someone confirm? and what is the price of single high tone horn if anyone installed.
When I last checked at Service center, they claimed 6.5 k, which is way more than what expected.
Thanks in advance for help.
Old 13th February 2020, 01:13   #9500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
Need help. I'm looking to add 2nd horn to Vento. I believe the stock comes with low tone, can someone confirm? and what is the price of single high tone horn if anyone installed.
When I last checked at Service center, they claimed 6.5 k, which is way more than what expected.
Thanks in advance for help.
I checked with VW service centre at Hosur road last week and they quoted 3.7k for it. The stock availability is an issue however. You might want to call and place an order and confirm availability before visiting.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 14:40   #9501
BHPian

I'm looking at Boodmo site for OEM horns, they have competitive pricing. There are 2 products, not sure which one fits best. Appreciate any help here.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6rf951223a-28500334/
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6rf951223b-28500335/

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^ Thanks for sharing and I agree with your comment.
I will go for the same ones. Are you satisfied with the performance?

I am planning to order the following from aliexpress -

1> Auto headlight switch with new connector - hoping to get lucky this time
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297...513f2e0e9Ds0XO

2> Auto dimming OVRM (as shared above) -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3266...48834c4diwPr3y

3> Passat interior cabin light i
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...816c2e0ezOoGIH

I also enquired with Vagtune and their prices are 3-4 times more than aliexpress.
Hopefully, all these should work and help spruce up the spartan Vento a bit.
Did you get any chance to get the Auto headlight switch installed? I'm curious to know the results.

Off recent, Aliexpress deliveries are not consistent. I ordered 2 products and both of them are going through Dispute. I understand they are fighting with Corona Virus, my orders were in Nov end, no signs of Corona that time.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th February 2020 at 13:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 18th February 2020, 13:03   #9502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
In the TDi model, there is a fabric under cover for the oil sump, which has come off in my car. After some googling , i found the part number to be 03L-103660C . Has anyone gone for the replacement of this part. Is there any other alternative other than using the fabric cover. I think it is some protection for the oil sump, and probably it came off after the car hit some high speed breaker.
Can you let us know if you went ahead with replacing the fabric undercover and how much it cost to do it. I have the same issue with my 2011 Vento TDI. The whole fabric is torn.
Old 18th February 2020, 16:38   #9503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Can you let us know if you went ahead with replacing the fabric undercover and how much it cost to do it. I have the same issue with my 2011 Vento TDI. The whole fabric is torn.

I have a 2012 make Vento TDI and my car's underbody fabric cover - which covers the sump also got torn off. I had gone to the service Center during servicing and asked for same but got the reply that the fabric does not come alone on it's own and as of now, the service center does not have the fabric guard. I had also inquired about the new plastic guard that comes in new gen Vento & got to know that it comes along with front bumper underpinning & costs approx 10.5K
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 17:26   #9504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I had also inquired about the new plastic guard that comes in new gen Vento & got to know that it comes along with front bumper underpinning & costs approx 10.5K
Yes, its really pricey. Volkswagen Palakkad quoted 8000 for the cover. That was not including labor. They didnt have it in stock though. I am not sure if I can go without the guard given the horrible roads where I come from.
Old 27th February 2020, 22:01   #9505
BHPian

Hi guys

Anyone got their vento diesel serviced lately at the authorised service centre, can you please share a copy of the bill? VW seems to have jacked up the prices of the fuel filters and labour.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th February 2020 at 06:54. Reason: Typo.
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:15   #9506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
The ride on my Highline plus variant with 195/55/R16 is extremely stiff - any suggestions on how we could make it a little better on lower speeds ? I plan to change the OE apollo alnac 4g in hope to make things better.I recently reduced the tyre pressure to 32 from 33 (recommended by VW). What is an optimum tyre pressure anyone would like to recommend for the 16inch alloys for a better ride quality ?

adimicra : Did you get the delivery of the auto headlamps with the newer connector and fix it , how was your experience ? With the upgraded BCM for vento Highline plus (with LED headlights) it might be possible to use the RLS sensors and no need of additional sensor provided with switch. Also, any idea if the Rapid uses the switch with new connectors and if we could use the same one on the highline plus variant ?

Does the upgraded BCM mean it may offer any extra possible modification (AFS,etc) via VCDS for the Vento highline plus variants ?
For me the ride quality is okay - not plush, but not harsh. I am using 32 psi for all 4 tyres. But, I admit that I like a slightly stiffer ride as it helps with handling and also prevents the car from sagging under load.

I got the auto headlights installed and those are working fine but the coming home/away from home on lock/unlock is not working. If anyone can help with that, it will be great.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 15:45   #9507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
For me the ride quality is okay - not plush, but not harsh. I am using 32 psi for all 4 tyres. But, I admit that I like a slightly stiffer ride as it helps with handling and also prevents the car from sagging under load.

I got the auto headlights installed and those are working fine but the coming home/away from home on lock/unlock is not working. If anyone can help with that, it will be great.
The ride quality has improved significantly upon reducing the tyre pressure to 32. I feel I will keep this setting for future.

Also on the headlight, firstly - great to hear it works well.I have a question on the switch, how does it take input from ambient light sensor. Does the sensor come attached to the switch or is it from the RLS sensor on the windshield ? The second one will give a nice OEM like integration , as mentioned in the post above I was also evaluating if I could get a OEM Rapid headlamp switch and replace the original with it. The one that you procured is an OEM one ?

Last edited by Rahul_ : 3rd March 2020 at 15:46. Reason: changing structure
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 16:26   #9508
Senior - BHPian

The switch has an integrated light sensor (no wires) and so far, it looks to be working well. I don't think this is an OEM one - I had posted the link earlier in this thread.

However, the switch has a nice matte silver finish and decent build quality. I think if someone is not aware, it will be difficult to tell that it's an after market fitment. The LEDs in the switch also work pretty well and matches the other red LEDs in the car. The Rapid switch might or might not work - (1) for the highline plus, the connector might be different (2) the Rapid one has different LEDs (green backlit I guess), so it will look out of place.

Another question - I am planning to replace all the cabin lights (front/rear dome lights, footwell lights, glovebox, boot) with LED ones. Any suggestions on which ones to buy and what are the specifications?
Also, has anyone replaced the rear tail lights and indicators with LEDs?

Last edited by adimicra : 3rd March 2020 at 16:30.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 13:11   #9509
BHPian

My 2011 Vento Petrol MT run 50K has to undergo a complete suspension overhaul. Have always stuck to the ASS but now trying to go for a FNG. One guy gave me an estimate of around 25K for the front suspension and the steering rack.
Can anyone suggest FNG in Mumbai for the same?
Thanks.
Old 5th March 2020, 19:46   #9510
knp
BHPian

Hi Friends, need your advice on the follwoing issue.
Coolant levels on my 2015 Vento TDI 1.5 (completed around 78k km) has dropped to below minimum, though it was fully filled-up in last November. I just drove around 4k since then. Is this normal to drain coolant in just 4 months in 4k kms?
When I took to a known garage, they are saying water pump is slightly leaking and asked me to replace it. I'm somehow not convienced by that, and also I don't find any leakage on the floor. They also checked few things to make sure coolant is not leaking into the engine. Any thoughts, please?

Most Viewed