Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 20:29   #9511
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Hi Friends, need your advice on the follwoing issue.
Coolant levels on my 2015 Vento TDI 1.5 (completed around 78k km) has dropped to below minimum, though it was fully filled-up in last November. I just drove around 4k since then. Is this normal to drain coolant in just 4 months in 4k kms?
When I took to a known garage, they are saying water pump is slightly leaking and asked me to replace it. I'm somehow not convienced by that, and also I don't find any leakage on the floor. They also checked few things to make sure coolant is not leaking into the engine. Any thoughts, please?
I had the same issue last year. Car came back from servicing and by chance in a couple of weeks I noticed coolant gone. I got it refilled, in 2 days it was gone again whereas there no signs on any leakage. I had to get my water pump replaced.

Rachit
Old 5th March 2020, 20:38   #9512
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I had the same issue last year. Car came back from servicing and by chance in a couple of weeks I noticed coolant gone. I got it refilled, in 2 days it was gone again whereas there no signs on any leakage. I had to get my water pump replaced.

Rachit
Thanks Rachit, then the water pump is not unique to me. I will then get it replaced soon. Do you mind to share the cost for the replacement? I checked in bodmoo and oem price is showing around 2k.
Old 5th March 2020, 22:29   #9513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Thanks Rachit, then the water pump is not unique to me. I will then get it replaced soon. Do you mind to share the cost for the replacement? I checked in bodmoo and oem price is showing around 2k.
If I remember right the whole thing with labour and all was around 4.5K. I had done some other stuff as well in addition to the water pump, so dont remember the exact number.

I can check the bill if you want.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 23:26   #9514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
...... given the catastrophic condition of the engine.
Curious to know how many KMs the car has covered.
Old 13th March 2020, 08:52   #9515
BHPian

Need advice on the following issue:

My 2013 Vento TDi went to workshop about ten days back as no air was coming from AC (center vents) and on inspection SA confirmed that flap motor needs to be replaced. They took a whole day (after a delay of 3 days or so for ordering the motor) to open up the AC unit and replace the flap motor. During delivery, I got angry on them because, the windshield had so much oil marks that nothing was visible. Finally, they cleaned it. Worse, one of the buttons on the music system is missing emitting a red light in to the eyes (see the attached pic). The SA searched and said he will check and get back in a day’s time. Of course, he never got back and I was driving with an irritation.

Post delivery (in the next two days time), I noticed that cabin was not getting chilled at all and finally yesterday I took it back to the workshop. Initially and rather surprisingly, the SA said: AC is fine ! On insisting, he rechecked and said they will keep the vehicle and diagnose. The diagnosis is attached: the coolant is just not there (totally black it seems) and the tank is damaged, compressor is gone bad etc., and attached an estimation of 34k for parts and labor.

My question is: Of course parts can go bad. But, is there negligence on their part on my last visit not even a week back when they worked on the AC unit? How can this happen in a weeks time? Is there anything I can do or just pay and get the job done. Regular service was done about one month ago too (vehicle has done just above one lakh kms) when all level’s must have been checked to be fine and refilled.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-fa1e98dfa11f45ca957fb401cfd19a9d.jpeg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-a3ca1049dde743a2a814c787cd47de1f.jpeg  

Last edited by stringbh : 13th March 2020 at 08:55. Reason: spelling mistakes
stringbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 18:00   #9516
BHPian

Guys,some queries from my side regarding my March 2012 highline TDI model which has done 1.75L kms till date -
1) has anyone faced a temperature sensor issue in their Vento? I am seeing erroneous reading on MID for external temperature since my 3 month earlier drive to Solan and dalshousie in my Vento. The temperature reading keeps on fluctuating in between -5 & 20 on its own. Further, was surprised to see that car ac stops functioning due to this. I thought this temperature reading only has to do with external temperature and nothing with ac function
2) there has not been a single season when I did. It have to replace my car's viper due to always having to move them in service position of dry windshield. How are other members managing this? There is always some dirt and dust on windshield which makes the vipers worn when they move to and from service position
3) I am experiencing vibrations while specifically reaching 80kmph in my car in 5th gear. What can be the reason for this?
Old 8th April 2020, 18:14   #9517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Guys,some queries from my side regarding my March 2012 highline TDI model which has done 1.75L kms till date -
1) has anyone faced a temperature sensor issue in their Vento? I am seeing erroneous reading on MID for external temperature since my 3 month earlier drive to Solan and dalshousie in my Vento. The temperature reading keeps on fluctuating in between -5 & 20 on its own. Further, was surprised to see that car ac stops functioning due to this. I thought this temperature reading only has to do with external temperature and nothing with ac function
2) there has not been a single season when I did. It have to replace my car's viper due to always having to move them in service position of dry windshield. How are other members managing this? There is always some dirt and dust on windshield which makes the vipers worn when they move to and from service position
3) I am experiencing vibrations while specifically reaching 80kmph in my car in 5th gear. What can be the reason for this?
Hey Anup!

1) Climate control actually works on the input from the external temperature sensor. So that's expected behaviour. I haven't heard it failing before though.
2) Try dusting the wipers and the windshield before you put it into service position. It should reduce wear and tear. Also if it's too dirty, try pouring some water and then put it in service position.
3) You need to check your wheel balancing. Also check whether your alloy wheels are bent.
Old 11th April 2020, 12:28   #9518
BHPian

I was just checking VW india's website and I realized something. Looks like VW is rolling back the 1.0L TSi engines from Polo and Vento.

My observations:
1. The Polo's brochure only includes the Trendline and Comfortline Plus variants and the 1.0L MPI engine. According to this BS-6 April 2020 updated brochure.
[ATTACH=Polo-Brochure-April-2020.pdf]1992079[/ATTACH].

There is no mention of Highline Plus or GT Variants which means that there's no TSI engine on offer.

2. The Vento's model page on Volkswagen doesn't include the 1.0L TSI anymore but now says that the 1.6L MPI engine is now BS6 compliant. Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot-20200411-12.24.16-pm.png

There's also a 'know more' button that brings up further tech specs, but that layer includes the 1.2L TSI (this may not have been updated from the beginning at all).

Wonder what's cooking

Does Škoda now have the 1.0L TSI exclusive to its Rapid?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Polo-Brochure-April-2020.pdf (5.71 MB, 505 views)
Old 16th April 2020, 03:57   #9519
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has a transcend dash cam and a third party auto IVRM hard wired to cigarette fuse, but I presume it still keeps draining very minimum amount of battery. I forgot to start the car for 9-10days and battery was drained, not 100%, but not enough to power the car. Other electricals were working, so I jump started the car with our other car.

Now I have an android system and it has a system optimizer app, it always used to show me 20% battery left after few days of non usage. So what I did was removed the hard wiring, and let the car rest for few days, now the app is not showing the 20% left battery message. Any suggestions what should be done to keep the hardwiring and not have battery drained. I am presuming car was cutting the drain when 20% battery was left, might be wrong. The car is late 2015 make.
Old 29th April 2020, 18:51   #9520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
My car has a transcend dash cam and a third party auto IVRM hard wired to cigarette fuse, but I presume it still keeps draining very minimum amount of battery. I forgot to start the car for 9-10days and battery was drained, not 100%, but not enough to power the car. Other electricals were working, so I jump started the car with our other car.
Even mine hard wired to 12v socket fuse. Have no drain issues. When you tap 12v socket, the complete power is cut off when acceessories switched off from ignotion key. This should never drain battery. There could be something else which is draining but not hard wired Dashcam.
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 21:21   #9521
BHPian

New Polo Sedan aka Vento launched in Russia. Is India the only country still selling the old design?
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:15   #9522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
Even mine hard wired to 12v socket fuse. Have no drain issues. When you tap 12v socket, the complete power is cut off when acceessories switched off from ignotion key. This should never drain battery. There could be something else which is draining but not hard wired Dashcam.
Just out of curiosity - why did you hard wire it if anyway you are using a fuse that gets power in ACC/IGN mode and not when the car is fully turned off? Generally hard-wiring is done to enable the camera to be active even when the car is parked away. Or you wanted to keep the 12V socket free for other accessories?
Old 26th May 2020, 14:03   #9523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Just out of curiosity - why did you hard wire it if anyway you are using a fuse that gets power in ACC/IGN mode and not when the car is fully turned off? Generally hard-wiring is done to enable the camera to be active even when the car is parked away. Or you wanted to keep the 12V socket free for other accessories?
Good question. My hardwiring objective was to hide the wires from view and free 12v socket for other purpose like mobile charging and other possibility. I did not hard wire for surveilance.
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 10:38   #9524
BHPian

Attaching the brochure for the regular 1.0 TSI Vento.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento Brochure Low Res.pdf (14.22 MB, 1213 views)
shankha007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 23:15   #9525
Senior - BHPian

Anybody has an idea about when when the timing belt should be changed? 90k, 105k or 120k? I'm seeing varying reports on Team-BHP itself.

The 105k service is due.

Most Viewed