Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 08:42   #9541
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I was going through the official manual for headlamp bulb specifications for the LED headlamps(highline plus variant) and could not find anything - the manual just talks about the halogen bulbs and specifications. Did not find much on a few google searches as well.

Can the OEM LEDs be replaced by any of the easily available LED bulbs (like Philips, Osram) if one of the bulbs conk off ? I don't think waiting for service centers to procure it would not be viable as this variant has not been selling in huge numbers and I don't think most service centres would ever have ready stock for this. Usually headlights not working freaks me out and I have in past fixed that on that very day itself. Any leads ?
The headlamps are sealed LED units meaning they have LED Chips and Sealed drivers to power them. There are no bulbs. Also these headlights will outlast the car, so nothing to worry there.

No OEM headlight uses LED bulbs.
drhoneycake is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 18:39   #9542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Bill was about 5-6 k. Go ahead.
I got the car towed to the service center two days back. They found that problem was with the pickup ignition starter switch (Part# VW AG 6R0 905 865). Got it changed at Rs.4700. Everything good now.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200709-5.40.44-pm.jpegVolkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200709-5.38.47-pm.jpeg
plain.vanilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 10:53   #9543

Did any one come across special pricing of Vento CL+ trim, It says Ex.showroom Rs 8,39,000/-.
At this price it offers Cruise Control, R15 Alloy wheels, electrical adjusted ORVM, Auto-AC, Fog lamp with cornering function, leather wrapped steering wheel, etc.
This makes even more sense than Rapid Rider Plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-ventooffer.jpg  

ShreeUKale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 17:31   #9544

Quote:
Completed one year general service yesterday, nothing out of the regular was done but the car feels butter smooth back again. Smoothness post service reminded me of driving it out the showroom. Also, fitted dual horn and engine splash guard (engine shield) along with the service.
Hi Rahul, My Vento , TSI is due for its first annual service next week. I plan to fit an underbody engine splash guard as well. Can you share the costs involved for same. Does it reduce the ground clearance? Thanks!

Last edited by ampere : 21st August 2020 at 17:36. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 25th August 2020, 10:43   #9545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRP View Post
I plan to fit an underbody engine splash guard as well. Can you share the costs involved for same. Does it reduce the ground clearance? Thanks!
The part is called "Splash Guard" and it usually comes as part of the "Lock Carrier Assembly" which costs ~13k for the entire kit. Usually, its sold as this entire kit but post some conversation with parts manager and the SA was to convince him to offer just this part and some discount and the splash guard costed me Rs 6800. The guard is made up of hard plastic(good quality but still plastic) and price looks very steep for this but I think it might be worth it in case of scraping. Also, I don't feel there is any considerable or noticeable change in ground clearance. One good outcome however, is that engine bay is much cleaner post the deployment of the splash guard (more so in the monsoons) and I am really loving this part as I hate dirty engine bays.

I have seen a lot of service centres do not want to get into hassle of procuring and fixing it and come with petty excuses that they might have to drill holes in the chassis and what not - I can confirm now that fixing this does not require any drilling and it takes about 10mins to fix it.

In other news, this monsoon I am seeing fogging happening inside the headlamps unit post rainy drives. I read (on Passat Team-BHP thread) about similar fogging in Passat LED headlamps so I am assuming Vento LED headlamps unit fogging up is also normal and expected. Does it happen in the halogen lamps unit as well ? It was pretty strange, never saw it on my i20. Picture below.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2653.jpeg
Rahul_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:45   #9546

Quote:
The part is called "Splash Guard" and it usually comes as part of the "Lock Carrier Assembly" which costs ~13k for the entire kit. Usually, its sold as this entire kit but post some conversation with parts manager and the SA was to convince him to offer just this part and some discount and the splash guard costed me Rs 6800. The guard is made up of hard plastic(good quality but still plastic) and price looks very steep for this but I think it might be worth it in case of scraping. Also, I don't feel there is any considerable or noticeable change in ground clearance. One good outcome however, is that engine bay is much cleaner post the deployment of the splash guard (more so in the monsoons) and I am really loving this part as I hate dirty engine bays.
Hi Thanks for the reply and information. There was some bizzare quotes offered to me , I plan to get it fitted outside as I have a cheaper quote. The condensation is normal i guess happens to my LED Lamps as well.
CaptRP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 14:56   #9547
BHPian

Quote:
I am seeing fogging happening inside the headlamps unit post rainy drives. I read (on Passat Team-BHP thread) about similar fogging in Passat LED headlamps so I am assuming Vento LED headlamps unit fogging up is also normal and expected. Does it happen in the halogen lamps unit as well ? It was pretty strange, never saw it on my i20.
Yes! Happens to my 2016 Vento that has halogen dual barrel headlamps, my brother's 2015 Vento and my friend's 2018 Highline with LEDs. Don't be worried about this, it goes away in under a couple hours once parked or even sooner when you drive it once it's dry out. At first I thought this was unique to my car, because I've swapped my halogens for a pair of LEDs and I assumed that process left a gap somewhere, but seeing how it happens to a lot of other Ventos, I think it's not a big deal.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 18:43   #9548
BHPian

Has anyone noticed? the new Rapid comes with Auto headlight switch and a better (old Vento) interior roof light?

Looks like Rapid is having access to all good things in India from VW and VW left behind.
Old 7th September 2020, 10:58   #9549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
Has anyone noticed? the new Rapid comes with Auto headlight switch and a better (old Vento) interior roof light?

Looks like Rapid is having access to all good things in India from VW and VW left behind.
Rapid came with auto headlamps earlier as well, prior to the engine upgrade. Both cars come with subtle feature differences - Similar to LED headlamps are restricted only Vento. Earlier TSI+DSG was a big puller for Vento including myself who would have otherwise would have inclined to Rapid.
Old 7th September 2020, 11:56   #9550
BHPian

Quote:
Rapid came with auto headlamps earlier as well, prior to the engine upgrade. Both cars come with subtle feature differences - Similar to LED headlamps are restricted only Vento. Earlier TSI+DSG was a big puller for Vento including myself who would have otherwise would have inclined to Rapid.
I agree. Same case with me, given Rapid had TSI back in 2018 I would have gone for Rapid instead of Vento.
Old 9th September 2020, 21:58   #9551
BHPian

I recently got both of the front struts of my Vento TDI 2013 replaced in the service center. Since I know the senior technician personally, he suggested just to go for the struts replacement for now as they were leaking oil and to get the lower arm replaced later when I give the car for servicing as it was in a good shape.

Due to the lockdown & WFH the car hasn't run much after that (may be around 1.5k-2k kms in the last 4 months after the struts replacement) and apart from one long drive, I just take the car for small drives these days just to keep it running. Today while taking it out for a spin, I noticed that there is a squeaking noise coming from the right front suspension, when I go over speed breakers at a slightly higher speed. There is no noise on potholes, uneven roads etc and this noise comes only when there is a vertical movement on the speed breakers at certain speed. I can hear (and feel) it very clearly.

Since the struts are new, I am not sure what could be issue. Is there a possibility that there would be some noise until the struts run in for sometime? Need some guidance.

Thanks.
Old 9th September 2020, 23:27   #9552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post

Since the struts are new, I am not sure what could be issue. Is there a possibility that there would be some noise until the struts run in for sometime? Need some guidance.

Thanks.
Hi Dheeraj - Creaking sound over speed breakers and bumps is classic sign of lower arm bush damage. As you mentioned the technician has also told about lower arms needing replacement so I guess its time to get those replaced.
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 08:52   #9553
Senior - BHPian

I second Rahul!

Struts usually need replacement when the car doesn't settle down after going through a bump. The squeaks and rattles are usually caused by worn out bushes, tie rods etc.

Last edited by Turbohead : 10th September 2020 at 08:53.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:15   #9554
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dheeraj - Creaking sound over speed breakers and bumps is classic sign of lower arm bush damage. As you mentioned the technician has also told about lower arms needing replacement so I guess its time to get those replaced.
Thanks Rahul & Turbohead. I will get them replaced in my next service. I wasn't sure if lower arm bushes will cause that sound and I didn't want to visit the workshop unnecessarily in the current situation, so your input helps. I can wait till the next service as I am not using the car much these days anyway.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

Last edited by DheerajNK : 10th September 2020 at 13:16.
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:22   #9555
BHPian

There is a slight (yet noticeable) creaking sound from the suspension when I turn the steering all the way on one side. I haven't noticed it ever while driving - but can hear it while the car is stationary and steering is turned. The car is about a year old so I am guessing it should not be worn out parts and should ideally be something that can be treated with a little lubrication. One of the SAs had also pointed it out on the annual service and rectified it on one of the sides - but the sound on the other side has resurfaced, also he left job at the service center so his phone isnt reachable. The authorized service center is a little far away from my new residence so any suggestions on whether it should be taken to VW service center or some kind of lubrication should do at a nearby FNG ?

Also, East Bengaluru folks - any good VW FNG recommendations in Sarjapur/Varthur/Whitefield area? Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks