Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2020, 23:05   #9556
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post

Also, East Bengaluru folks - any good VW FNG recommendations in Sarjapur/Varthur/Whitefield area? Thanks in advance.
Wheels Wisdom would my choice. They, in turn, will use a Bosch multi brand service center.
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:53   #9557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

In the afternoon, I got the Sensairy TPMS installed and setup with the mobile App. The results seem to be pretty accurate.
Planning to install these, how are they working after a year?
Did u buy the External or Internal TPMS and was the installation a DIY?
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:44   #9558
BHPian

I have been using this Sensairy Internal TPMS on my VW Vento TSI for about 6 months now and I am more than satisfied with it, no issues so far. Bought the internal ones as the external sensor caps are prone to theft and are easily misplaced by the air filler guys at petrol bunks.

I suggest to get the sensors installed by professionals as the tyres need to be removed from their wheels, also it is recommended to get the WA, WB done after the installation of these sensors.
adityarobb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:03   #9559
gus
BHPian

Going through this thread makes me wonder, why cant VW do a toyota in terms for reliability if they can engineer such good engines? So many issues reported by VW owners makes me wonder if germans are only good at engineering and not so much at quality controls.
Hassle free ownership is what mostly car owners looks for in India, and this is what has made M-S, Toyota etc standout even though they are not so well built or exciting to drive. VW could be a hoot to drive but I am sure not many would appreciate driving it to the service center every now and then for a hefty bill.
gus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 19:20   #9560
BHPian

I have just purchased a 16k kms run 2019 Vento TDI DSG. Please help me with my doubts regarding DSG transmission.

Q1-Why does the vehicle start at D2?
Q2-On small ramps, I experience a violent jerk while auto-shifting from D2 to D1. This jerk is usually experienced while parking in tight spots. Is this normal?
Old 29th November 2020, 19:49   #9561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TR-FE View Post
I have just purchased a 16k kms run 2019 Vento TDI DSG. Please help me with my doubts regarding DSG transmission.

Q2-On small ramps, I experience a violent jerk while auto-shifting from D2 to D1. This jerk is usually experienced while parking in tight spots. Is this normal?
Sounds absolutely abnormal. Get your car checked at the VW SC. Please keep us updated. Luckily your car is still under warranty!
Turbohead is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 21:43   #9562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Get it evaluated at VW Workshop since car be in warranty.

Get maximum extended warranty on the car. 2nd best thing after the purchase.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 06:28   #9563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Get it evaluated at VW Workshop since car be in warranty.

Get maximum extended warranty on the car. 2nd best thing after the purchase.
Thank you for showing concern. As it's also the time for yearly servicing, I will definitely pay a visit to the service center by next weekend and discuss the following issues:
  • D2-D1 Jerk at parking speeds.
  • Rattles (possibly) from front passenger door or glovebox.
  • Underbody Engine Shield
  • Door Creaks
As far as the extended warranty is concerned, the previous owner had purchased the max possible warranty package. Therefore, no worries in this regard.
Will keep my case updated on the forum.
Regards
Old 1st December 2020, 15:12   #9564
BHPian

It's time for engine oil replacement in my car. Please guide me about the choice of engine oil.
My 2019 Vento TDI has run close to 20k kms. Do you recommend me to use the engine oil, engine oil flush and engine oil additives manufactured by Liqui Moly? Or will it be considered under too much pampering?
I have attached a screenshot of those products from my Amazon wishlist. If recommended by experts, I will opt for an in-store purchase.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20201201_144612.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 12th December 2020 at 03:11. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 11th December 2020, 12:20   #9565
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Today while getting the Stepney tire pressure checked I noticed something very unusual(at least to me). Posting some pictures here to understand if it is normal.

The spare wheel well had resin/gum kind of thing. This was observed after removing the Stepney tire for checking tire pressure.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4991.jpeg

Looked up more closely and saw a little crack in the spare wheel well.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4995.jpeg

Got the car inspected after raising it - can't figure if there is some damage from outside. Given the place was located so deep inside when seen from under the car it seems highly unlikely that it is a stone hit. Possible manufacturing defect?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4997.jpeg

I do not remove the spare wheel often to inspect that area so not sure for how long it's been there. The car is about a little over a year old so don't think it should be rusting ideally.

Is it normal by any chance? Plan to get it checked at the service center next week (as have a small trip planned this week)
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 12:51   #9566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Sounds absolutely abnormal. Get your car checked at the VW SC. Please keep us updated. Luckily your car is still under warranty!
Thanks for showing concern!

Visited VW ASC in Khajaguda Hyderabad. One of their service advisors test drove my vehicle extensively. He said D2-D1 Jerk is not abnormal and nothing seems to be wrong with the transmission. Also assured that the rattles from the left passenger door and all other places will be rectified.

Let's see how their service is.
Old 12th December 2020, 00:46   #9567
BHPian

Looking to upgrade the head lamps for 2015 Vento Tsi, any recommendations on lights which I can use "plug and play"? I am not looking to make any changes to the electrical connections.
Old 12th December 2020, 02:39   #9568
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for showing concern!

Visited VW ASC in Khajaguda Hyderabad. One of their service advisors test drove my vehicle extensively. He said D2-D1 Jerk is not abnormal and nothing seems to be wrong with the transmission. Also assured that the rattles from the left passenger door and all other places will be rectified.

Let's see how their service is.
A "software update" is what they usually prescribe for these DSG D2>D1 jerks. Make sure you get it looked at, it's absolutely not normal.

The rattles, where do they come from? Can you describe it?
Sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 13:59   #9569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
A "software update" is what they usually prescribe for these DSG D2>D1 jerks. Make sure you get it looked at, it's absolutely not normal.

The rattles, where do they come from? Can you describe it?
Will definitely speak with the SA regarding the software update.
The rattles were from glovebox and left front door. Although all doors were creaking on rough roads, the left front one was the most hurting.
Old 12th December 2020, 16:23   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Is it normal by any chance?
What in the?! That is NOT normal at all!

It seems like a sharp object has pierced the metal from inside the wheelwell, outwards. Get VW to find the cause of the damage & fix it.

I’m also curious to know what’s the resin like substance and how did it end up there from the hole. If somebody tried to cover up the damage will some regular glue, the heat from the exhaust would’ve melted it & resulted in what you see.

Either way I’d get that fixed quick. You don’t want water getting in, as then, rust will be your stalker, instantly.

The hardest part about this will be proving it’s a manufacturing defect & not user induced damage.

Good luck & keep this thread updated.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks