Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2012, 18:27   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Is it a good idea to get the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year ? I thinking to get it done after reading various threads here which mention exorbitant replacement costs.
Old 25th August 2012, 21:12   #272
BHPian

My car has been idle for nearly 2 months now since I am out of station. I'd be back home next week. Will there be any problems with starting the car?
Old 27th August 2012, 09:07   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
Is it a good idea to get the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year ? I thinking to get it done after reading various threads here which mention exorbitant replacement costs.
If you are not going to mod the car extensively, getting extended warranty is recommended IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
My car has been idle for nearly 2 months now since I am out of station. I'd be back home next week. Will there be any problems with starting the car?
Nothing much - the battery might be down. Worst case - if you had put the handbrakes up, the rear drums might jam. Also look for any debris etc if you have rodents around.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 15:25   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If you are not going to mod the car extensively, getting extended warranty is recommended IMO.

Nothing much - the battery might be down. Worst case - if you had put the handbrakes up, the rear drums might jam. Also look for any debris etc if you have rodents around.
Only mod would be adding a CNG kit in future. I hope Hyundai releases CNG kits for i10 soon. This is a must have these days courtesy the petrol prices.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:49   #275
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Hyundai already have CNG kits for its range of cars. However, it is only new cars that come out of the factory as CNG-fied vehicles. There is nothing like a buy now get CNG fitment later. Moreover, if you get the same from the dealer or any other arrangement, you will give up your engine warranty, & the dealers are instructed not to service the CNG kits of such cars. in short you will be at the mercy of the dealer for any issues with the CNG kit, & A.S.S. will only service the car like a normal petrol one (barring the loss of warranty issue).
Old 15th September 2012, 21:21   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
...if you had put the handbrakes up, the rear drums might jam....
Whoa, didn't know that! So its not safe to park with handbrakes on?
I usually use my i10 only on weekends. Rest of the time its parked on level ground with handbrakes engaged and on 1st gear. Should i not do these anymore while parking for a week?
Old 15th September 2012, 23:47   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Whoa, didn't know that! So its not safe to park with handbrakes on?
I usually use my i10 only on weekends. Rest of the time its parked on level ground with handbrakes engaged and on 1st gear. Should i not do these anymore while parking for a week?
Please refer to this thread - should be helpful. I guess 4-5 days is fine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html
Old 8th October 2012, 16:46   #278
BHPian

I am planning to purchase i10 this December. I have plans to upgrade to a sedan within a year or 2. Chose i10 because its a proven car and great discounts will be offered. Now worried about its resale value as new i10 launch is planned for 2014. Should I stretch budget and go for Brio instead? Or is it possible that new i10 wont affect resale of present model much? Please advice.
Old 18th October 2012, 17:42   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
I am planning to purchase i10 this December. I have plans to upgrade to a sedan within a year or 2. Chose i10 because its a proven car and great discounts will be offered. Now worried about its resale value as new i10 launch is planned for 2014. Should I stretch budget and go for Brio instead? Or is it possible that new i10 wont affect resale of present model much? Please advice.
If resale value is your main concern i10 definitely has more resale value down the line. 2014 is too far and by that time a brio upgrade also might be on the cards.
Old 18th October 2012, 17:53   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33
If resale value is your main concern i10 definitely has more resale value down the line. 2014 is too far and by that time a brio upgrade also might be on the cards.
Can you tell me what is the best OTR price for 1.1 Magna? The dealer is offering many basic freebies and quoting 4.6 lakhs after all discounts. Is it a good deal?

Last edited by nvssudheer : 18th October 2012 at 17:58.
Old 18th October 2012, 18:06   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell me what is the best OTR price for 1.1 Magna? The dealer is offering many basic freebies and quoting 4.6 lakhs after all discounts. Is it a good deal?
It is a fair deal, but i recommend you to wait till December. There will usually be an extra cash back if you are willing to buy a 2012 model in december.
What I did was to buy a December make vehicle for higher discounts and got it registered in January.
IMO you might get atleast 10k extra discount if you book December end.
Old 18th October 2012, 18:45   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33
It is a fair deal, but i recommend you to wait till December. There will usually be an extra cash back if you are willing to buy a 2012 model in december.
What I did was to buy a December make vehicle for higher discounts and got it registered in January.
IMO you might get atleast 10k extra discount if you book December end.
Can I push for free insurance? Is it at the dealer's discretion to offer?
Old 19th October 2012, 11:07   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Can I push for free insurance? Is it at the dealer's discretion to offer?
Yes you can push for free insurance. But this can only be possible in December IMO.
In this festive season they generally cant be too flexible and stick to the current offers.
Old 20th November 2012, 10:34   #284
BHPian

Can anybody shed some light on after market fog lamps on the Kappa2 ( triangular shape ) version? Can they be easily installed? What are some good brands to consider?
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:16   #285
PSK

Many members have suggested that the i10 tyre be upgraded to 175/70 R13.

If the spare tyre is also upgraded, would it fit comfortably in its slot ? Would the tyre not be too wide for the factory fitted bolt/screw that holds it in place ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks