Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 16:57   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

I live in chennai and I got a strange problem here. I bought a Hyundai i10 in the month of Feb 2013 and now it is due for 1st Free service. When i tried to book my service i got reply from HMP Chennai alandur saying that date of purchase of my car was updated as 31/07/2012 in their system and hence i cannot avail my free service.

Then i called my dealer as well as my sales consultant and they dont have a clue how this happend. Later i called Hyundai customer care and lodged a complaint and waiting for solution. Is this common problem ? Will it be resolved ?
Old 12th April 2013, 17:25   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Guys,

I live in chennai and I got a strange problem here. I bought a Hyundai i10 in the month of Feb 2013 and now it is due for 1st Free service. When i tried to book my service i got reply from HMP Chennai alandur saying that date of purchase of my car was updated as 31/07/2012 in their system and hence i cannot avail my free service.

Then i called my dealer as well as my sales consultant and they dont have a clue how this happend. Later i called Hyundai customer care and lodged a complaint and waiting for solution. Is this common problem ? Will it be resolved ?
You'll be having the bill with you that they gave at the time of delivery? That's proof enough. Ask them to update their records based on that.
Old 12th May 2013, 18:12   #303
BHPian

Query on Airbag sensor:

I have a 2010 i10 Asta. This car has 2 airbags. For each airbag to deploy I assume that there is a sensor below the seat that determines is someone is actually sitting on the seat.

I have noticed a wire connected from driver's seat and it goes under the car body through a open slit in carpet.

I have also noticed a slit in carpet below the passenger seat but failed to notice any wire going down from there. Now I think there was a wire below passenger seat as well. Can any existing owner of i10 Asta confirm the same ?

I have attached pics of area below driver and passenger seat for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-20130512-17.54.14.jpg  

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-20130512-17.54.56.jpg  

Old 13th May 2013, 08:30   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Query on Airbag sensor:

I have a 2010 i10 Asta. This car has 2 airbags. For each airbag to deploy I assume that there is a sensor below the seat that determines is someone is actually sitting on the seat.

I have noticed a wire connected from driver's seat and it goes under the car body through a open slit in carpet.

I have also noticed a slit in carpet below the passenger seat but failed to notice any wire going down from there. Now I think there was a wire below passenger seat as well. Can any existing owner of i10 Asta confirm the same ?

I have attached pics of area below driver and passenger seat for reference.
I believe that wire has nothing to do with the airbags because AFAIK i10 does not have the passenger airbag on/off feature. That wire may be for the seat belt warning indicator. I shall still check my car and revert if there's a wire below the PA seat.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:29   #305
BHPian

Have been facing a problem with the i10 of both the front doors' rubber beading coming out. Detailed in my ownership report here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3112815
Does anybody else have a similar problem?
Old 19th May 2013, 12:33   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
2.nice pick up and responsive
Yes, except when you are running AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
1. Mileage is the first and foremost . I have tried everything on earth, but the max mileage is 13.5 kmpl .
2. It's never a highways car . Steering is scary at high speeds.
3. Braking not great though better at high speeds.
That is a pretty decent mileage for this car I believe. I get 10-11 with constant AC. However, on highway I managed to get about 20 kmpl.

Let me know if you have upgraded your footwear. Mine too felt scary on highway before upgrade. I upgraded to 185/60R14 plus alloy. Now I can seamlessly drive at 120-130 without losing any control at all. It feels rock stable at these speeds.

I never felt any problem with braking. Mine has ABS. Not sure if the older version offered ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSK View Post
Many members have suggested that the i10 tyre be upgraded to 175/70 R13.

If the spare tyre is also upgraded, would it fit comfortably in its slot ? Would the tyre not be too wide for the factory fitted bolt/screw that holds it in place ?
It would be fine if you are not upgrading to alloys.

Last edited by sbiswas : 19th May 2013 at 12:40.
Old 24th May 2013, 11:53   #307
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My recently purchased i10 kappa2 has very low intial response. The car doesnt move untill releasing half clutch and moves very slowly on further releasing. I literally stall it a many times in traffic when i try to move it. I am driving car for alteast 2 years and feel embarassed stalling in the mid of traffic. Going through various threads in the TBHP i found Kappa2 has good initial response. But my car doesnt seems to be so. Could the experts advice me on what to do or how to get good initial pick up in my i10.

Last edited by 333 : 24th May 2013 at 11:54.
Old 24th May 2013, 13:53   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

My recently purchased i10 kappa2 has very low intial response. The car doesnt move untill releasing half clutch and moves very slowly on further releasing. I literally stall it a many times in traffic when i try to move it. I am driving car for alteast 2 years and feel embarassed stalling in the mid of traffic. Going through various threads in the TBHP i found Kappa2 has good initial response. But my car doesnt seems to be so. Could the experts advice me on what to do or how to get good initial pick up in my i10.
It can be a combination the following:
1.) Your Clutch bite point needs to be rectified, a local mechanic can do this job. I prefer it right at the top.
2.) Check your clutch for overhaul, how many kilometers have you done with the current clutch?
3.) Check if brake, hand brake is getting jammed
4.) Check for engine idle rpm.
Old 24th May 2013, 20:35   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

This is a common problem with the i10 clutch adjustment which even after repeated requests would never be attended by the service center guys. Its a pretty easy job that can be down by a local garage guy. Try it out.
Old 24th May 2013, 20:54   #310
BHPian

My reviews for i10:

I sold of my i10 asta kappa 1.2 after using it for 2.5 years. Here are the good and bad things that i had with my i10.

Good things:
1)Peppy engine
2)Revv friendly
3)Easy maneuvering in the city traffic
4)Light steering
5)Small but still pretty spacious
6)Butter smooth gear shifts
7)Good braking
8)Very good Company fitted music system

areas for improvement:
1)Ride quality is very bumpy.
2)The car never accepts even very very slight abuse too. It would drastically hit the fuel efficiency. I would religiously drive to extract atleast 12.5-13.5 range.
3)Light steering is a bane on highways.
4)Less powerful headlights
5)Bad back seat comfort
6)Humming sound was really an annoying issue.
7)Reverse gear always an issue
8)Drop in the power when A/C is used.
9) Many people appreciate the Hyundai service but i would rather complain about it. They just suck the money out for no reason and also the service quality isn't anything extra-ordinary. Have a small car called i10 and incur Benz kinda maintenance expense.

Last edited by rki2007 : 24th May 2013 at 21:01.
rki2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 12:08   #311
BHPian

I found the rear wiper of my kappa2 sportz broken today morning. Must be some pesky kid trying pull-ups with it. The pivot and the entire wiper stalk in two neat pieces

Any pointers on how much this will set me back by? Iam scared to even call Hyundai A.S.S/blood suckers.
Old 17th June 2013, 16:20   #312
BHPian

People, has anyone replaced the wiper lever/switch of the Magna with the Sport one to get the intermittent wiper option ? I have read it somewhere on TBHP that it can be done easily, but can't locate it now. I checked at a HASS in Hyd, but they were very apprehensive, they said they are not sure if the Wiper Motor in Magna will be able to support a Sports Wiper and so on. Also, in case you know, please let me know the price details.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:11   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
People, has anyone replaced the wiper lever/switch of the Magna with the Sport one to get the intermittent wiper option ? I have read it somewhere on TBHP that it can be done easily, but can't locate it now. I checked at a HASS in Hyd, but they were very apprehensive, they said they are not sure if the Wiper Motor in Magna will be able to support a Sports Wiper and so on. Also, in case you know, please let me know the price details.
Yep, I have done it on my i10 and here is the link to my i10 ownership report that you may have read two years ago:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2181271

Since my post is rather lengthy, I have included below the relevant portion that may be of interest to you:

Before taking possession of our I10, I had asked the service team at Hyundai to make a few changes to my I10 Magna by incorporating some features of the I10 Sportz version. I did the following…

1. Added the wiper switch lever of the Sportz variant to my Magna. I10 owners may be aware that the Magna does not have a wiper intermittent feature (the wipers move once every few seconds). This feature is present in the Sportz and Asta variants. I found out that the easiest way to replicate this feature in the Magna is to replace the stock wiper lever with the wiper lever of the Sportz. Hyundai sells the wiper lever of the Sportz for about Rs 1100, at least here in Goa. The Hyundai mechanics attached the Sportz wiper lever to my Magna and hey presto, the wiper intermittent function is activated. The only odd thing is that you will have to make do with a 'rear wiper' switch on the wiper lever, which literally does nothing as the Magna does not have a rear wiper.

Hope this is of use to you. By the way, I have also added a luggage lamp to my i10 and we came up with an innovative approach to install and use the luggage lamp. Here is the link to how it was done:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2182718

I would also advise you to install the rear door close switches (which are also present in the front doors) on your i10 Magna. It is a good security feature to warn the driver (the cabin light comes on) in case any of the four doors are not closed properly.

If you need further details on either of the three fitments, PM me and I can give you my phone number. Thanks.

Last edited by misquitas : 18th June 2013 at 21:15.
Old 13th July 2013, 12:35   #314
BHPian

i find the cushioning to be inadequate (the front seats). Until an hour, all seems fine, but after that, my bottom starts hurting.

Any cost effective solution (no seat covers please - don't like them)
Old 20th July 2013, 19:28   #315
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am looking forward to change engine oil in my friend's i10, which is 1.2 magna. I would like to know, what is the engine oil grade for the car and how much quantity does it takes??

I googled and came to know that, it's 15w-40 and 3.5 litres, is it right?

And also, would there be any issue, if i use 15w-30 instead??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks