Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 17:52   #361
i10
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
It's not back from servicing yet. The SA repeatedly told me 55k is a major service.

I'm getting the clutch plate (cost quoted: Rs 8,000) and dickey hinges (Rs 1,200) changed apart from the normal servicing.
Does the owner's manual say so? The service center guys are notorious. Here are the labour charges, and the last page of the PDF suggests the major replacements - in case you haven't already been through this.

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/Up...mon/group1.jpg

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/Up...10%20FINAL.pdf
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 20:58   #362
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
It's not back from servicing yet. The SA repeatedly told me 55k is a major service.

I'm getting the clutch plate (cost quoted: Rs 8,000) and dickey hinges (Rs 1,200) changed apart from the normal servicing.
Please always check against the service manual to see the service interval and what exactly is on the estimate that is beyond the manufacturer specified periodic service items. Even leaving out the non-regular parts replacements, about 11k is too much for a petrol hatchback regular service.

If Hyundai follows the 10k/1year service intervals like most brands, not sure how 55k can be a major service, unless it is a year since your last service and you ran only around 5k during that time.
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:28   #363
BHPian

Quote:

Clutch plate at 55K seems a bit fishy. Since you have mentioned dickey hinges, had an accident lately? Also any painting/ denting charges included?

@Mods: Might make sense to move this discussion to the i10 thread were veterans may suggest?
Old 24th August 2014, 17:07   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
Does the owner's manual say so? The service center guys are notorious. Here are the labour charges, and the last page of the PDF suggests the major replacements - in case you haven't already been through this.

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/Up...mon/group1.jpg

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/Up...10%20FINAL.pdf
Thanks. I went to Mussoorie the previous weekend in heavy rains. I could make out the clutch was a goner during the uphill drive. Took multiple opinions and then went for a clutch replacement at Hyundai ASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Please always check against the service manual to see the service interval and what exactly is on the estimate that is beyond the manufacturer specified periodic service items. Even leaving out the non-regular parts replacements, about 11k is too much for a petrol hatchback regular service.

If Hyundai follows the 10k/1year service intervals like most brands, not sure how 55k can be a major service, unless it is a year since your last service and you ran only around 5k during that time.
It's been a year since the last service. And I've done a little over 10k kms since then.

Yes, I've clearly been ripped off in the regular servicing bit. The SA has charged me for random things like engine decorbonizing (Rs1600) and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Clutch plate at 55K seems a bit fishy. Since you have mentioned dickey hinges, had an accident lately? Also any painting/ denting charges included?

@Mods: Might make sense to move this discussion to the i10 thread were veterans may suggest?
No accident. The hinges were not working properly.. couldn't take the weight of the the dickey door when it was open, hence had to get them changed.

The final bill was reduced from 21,000 + taxes to 19,000 all inclusive after I threatened to lodge a complaint. I still haven't received the bill though, because the cashier had left by the time I finished talking to the SA.

Last edited by naru : 24th August 2014 at 17:14.
naru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 17:14   #365
i10
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Engine de-carbonizing is a Hyundai favourite. I allowed this in the third and fourth year of my car, knowing little if it was required. I trusted those guys, only to be looted. Ironically, my servicing costs have been the lowest in the last 2 years (5th and 6th) - averaging 2.5K including oil - as compared to what I paid earlier on (in the 5K - 6K range). A lot of this has been due to asking why, and cross checking with other service centers. It also probably helps that my car hasn't actually run so much (~ 30 K)
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 17:20   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
Engine de-carbonizing is a Hyundai favourite.
Maruti can also be added here. A highly favorite item done by Maruti in pretty every service.

1) Engine Decarbonisation;
2) Injector cleaning;
3) Radiator flushing and
4) Caliper pin greasing.

These are the ones I remember seeing in my bill but eventually remove it when the job card is prepared.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 17:44   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Maruti can also be added here. A highly favorite item done by Maruti in pretty every service.

1) Engine Decarbonisation;
2) Injector cleaning;
3) Radiator flushing and
4) Caliper pin greasing.

These are the ones I remember seeing in my bill but eventually remove it when the job card is prepared.

Anurag.
Yes, all this is in my job card. Will post the bill here when I pick it up on Wed.

(One clarification -- this discussion has been moved to the i10 kappa 2 thread. My ride is actually much older. 2008 model 1.1 Era. This preceded even Kappa 1)

Last edited by naru : 24th August 2014 at 17:51.
naru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 17:18   #368
BHPian

This is the final bill.

Items 4,5 and items 1-9 in the lubrication package for sure have been done despite me saying no unnecessary work.

Is there anything else in this bill that is unessential? I had agreed to the clutch overhaul and the tail gate lifters. But even in clutch overhaul, I get the feeling a lot more has been done than required because i was earlier given a quote of 5,000, but this time it's 8,000
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140830_165943.jpg  

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140830_165956.jpg  

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140830_170010.jpg  

naru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 19:21   #369
BHPian

Quote:
This is the final bill.

Items 4,5 and items 1-9 in the lubrication package for sure have been done despite me saying no unnecessary work.

Is there anything else in this bill that is unessential? I had agreed to the clutch overhaul and the tail gate lifters. But even in clutch overhaul, I get the feeling a lot more has been done than required because i was earlier given a quote of 5,000, but this time it's 8,000

Buddy, Sorry to say they have taken you for a ride. 18k for a hatchback . I could not understand item no 3. Radiator flushing is nothing, but just fooling customers. If you timely change the coolant, actually there is no need for the flush.

Did you actually pay for all the labour charges mentioned from 1-9, as they not authorized by you and to be honest also no needed.
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 10:31   #370
Senior - BHPian

Recently I got a chance to sample my relative's i10 1.2 kappa 2 in Bhopal. Its a 2 year old car done 11xxx kms and confined to local city driving only. Lived with it for a week, and covered for about 500 kms here and there owing to marriage work. Coming after months of driving my heavy punto, this car felt like a featherweight touchpad throughout. The body is light, the engine is very refined, gearshift is superb, plus driving in city is damn easy. The 1.2 is very peppy but needs to be whipped to get it to perform, and once shown the stick, its fast. Its fun to potter around in city, but the poorly tuned suspension is bouncy throughout. On the other hand, HQ interior is a welcome, but steering is just artificial and lacks any feedback, though it does weigh up decently for a Hyundai MDPS.
1.2 is no longer available in i10, and the grand i10 feels much slower due to its heavy weight. But the latter is a far more matured hatchback.

I had recommended this car to them over the brio, just because the former had a lower seating position, GC, poor boot space and controversial rear design. The car is magna 1.2.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-10427323_874735085894111_4713005880900321145_n.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-10698705_870165506351069_3711808694090647831_n.jpg
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 11:00   #371
BHPian

My i10 (1.2 kappa sportz) has clocked 30K so far. Engine is smooth and peppy. No complaints apart from high maintenance and service expenses. I just want to check with mates if anyone faces similar problem which I'm facing.

This happens only in upwards slope like flyover. If the engine is on idle for 5-10 seconds in upwards slope, and If I try start moving in 1st gear by releasing clutch slowly, Engine gets switched off more often. This happens frequently in spite of me cautiously releasing clutch and apply accelerator simultaneously. This is quite embarrassing on the road. Service guys of no help as they try to pass the buck and not taking seriously .

Pl let me know if any i10 owner is facing this issue. For me, it more looks like design issue where fuel is not flowing upwards while vehicle is stationed in upwards slope.
Old 26th October 2014, 23:23   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know if the rear seat headrests on the "old shape" i10 sportz are adjustable? The ones on mine seem quite raised and am unable to push them down at all?! They are very obstructive with my rear view while taking reverse, in the position that they are in!
Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 08:51   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Does anyone know if the rear seat headrests on the "old shape" i10 sportz are adjustable? The ones on mine seem quite raised and am unable to push them down at all?! They are very obstructive with my rear view while taking reverse, in the position that they are in!
Thanks
There should be a small spring loaded button at the base of the headrest which locks it in place once raised. Press it and then push down the headrest.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 22:31   #374
BHPian

My white Magna Kappa2, completed 20,000 KMS this month. The car brings me a smile from the outside as well as inside everytime. There has been absolutely no rattles or niggles.

The clutch has become a bit tight which I think might be a cable issue. Apart from Hyundai's looting in the name of periodic maintenance, I am happy with the car.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:42   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend's i10 AT, 2012 model's key has been misplaced. He still has the spare but wants to get a new one made in the event that this one key might also be lost. Any idea how much would a new key cost?

Most Viewed