Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:42   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
It seems like a case of radiator choke or incase there is a pump for circulation of coolant, that might be on its deathbed. Would also recommend getting the evaporator serviced (it's under the dashboard) since dust accumulated over the years coupled to moisture tends to stick to the evaporators fins, effectively choking it and preventing heat exchange (hence the dip in performance)
Thanks, will get on it immediately
Old 29th April 2021, 15:56   #422
Senior - BHPian

The exhaust pipe of our 10 year old i10 AT has called it quits, it was corroded and is getting replaced as I type this. Other issues taken care of include front strut bush replacement, stabiliser bar bush replacement, rear brake cylinder replacement, brake pad replacement, front brake rotor resurfacing etc..
Old 1st June 2021, 16:23   #423
BHPian

Can the kappa engine be turned into kappa 2 by camahaft change. Is it possible?
Old 20th October 2021, 14:42   #424

Our i10 Kappa Sportz (about 13 years old) was not starting. Called our usual authorised service center and after inspection (all mechanical parts good, fuel check good, fuses good, identified as electrical problem and towed to workshop). No rain / water exposure.

Workshop say's it is an ECM issue and that the ECM needs to be replaced. We are getting estimate in range of Rs. 45,000-50,000 for this. Further, in contradiction to initial inspection, that fuel is contaminated and the fuel tank needs to be cleaned with an estimate for Rs.5000 for that!

Just wanted to take inputs from anyone who may have had a similar issue(s) and any suggestions. Tnx.

Last edited by skhendry : 20th October 2021 at 15:06.
Old 10th December 2021, 19:07   #425
BHPian

Good evening Sirs,

Can anyone share the link or part number of cabin filter? I need to change for my car (Model 2011 Magna 1.2).
Old 14th March 2022, 14:56   #426
BHPian

Folks from Bangalore need help...

I currently have a 2009 i10 1.1L model done around 45K Kms. The car was primarily used by my dad and has not clocked a lot of miles over the last 12 years. The engine still feels good and it is peppy as before, but the front suspensions have become weak and they make all possible weird noises. I've held off the replacements as the car was not clocking a lot of miles. But now I've started using this car for all city drives (as I've sold my Palio) and feel that it is time to replace the suspensions. I don't want to go to Hyundai ASC as they are super expensive. Please suggest any good FNG in the HSR, ORR, Sarjapur road area for this kind of work.

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th May 2022, 08:53   #427
BHPian

I have i10 2011 (Magna) model. It's left side front wheel above there was a plastic cover. But it damaged now. I tried in Boodmo, but couldn't locate the exact parts number. I have attached the both side pictures for better understanding. Appreciate if any one suggest the parts number.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-20220517_083439.jpg  

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-20220517_083511.jpg  

Old 12th July 2022, 13:20   #428
BHPian

Hi folks, been a really long time since my last post on the thread. With a heavy heart, had to let go of my i10 in October 2021, there were issues with the car lately that were going out of my hands to manage, also I had to leave for abroad as my higher studies called, that meant the car would be sitting idle , unattended and worsen to an extent I would not want to see it in.

On the issues now, there was some or the other issue popping up every month; week. It was getting unmanageable for Me to upkeep the car in a fine condition. Issues like AC failing every now and then, Radiator going kaput, windshield washer motor blowing up, front suspension sagging (replaced just 10 months ago) and the daddy of all problems -- gearbox breakdown on the Delhi- Chandigarh Highway

I was just cutting costs on my own expenses to run the i10 somehow,i10 was supposed to be a reliable car for a university student like me but the gearbox breakdown had me enough.

How did they gearbox breakdown happen?
I have no idea to be honest, I would get the car serviced regularly. One day I realised a humming sound from the cars center console or rather from the firewall section, got it checked at a fng, he claimed no oil in gearbox, called up the previous owner and realised that they had never in the 80k kms history of the car had replaced the gearbox oil, rather their son who would drive the car. Immediately topped up the gearbox with synthetic oil, and the car was running just fine.

Now on my drive to Chandigarh from Delhi I was about to make a quick overtake, slotted into 3rd from 4th from that yummy slickshifting gearbox and past I went, now about to slot back to 4th and the gear lever won't come out of the 3rd, that was one scary moment as the car I just overtook was just on my tail. Somehow managed to come to a halt on the roadside, could not diagnose the issue. Burned the clutch and took of in 3rd from a complete standstill, found a garage on the way but they too couldn't get the lever unstruck. At crawling speeds of 40 I reached Chandigarh in a couple of hours and handed over the car to my fng.

Next morning I get to know that the teeth of the gears had broken off and there was way too much wear and tear , suggested me to get a complete new gearbox upwards of 60k. Damn it was an i10 manual giving me chills of a VW/skoda DSG

Heck that, I even realised, the car had been involved in some kind of an accident by the previous owner as the radiator housing frame was broken and made do with a 'jugaad' , indicated why the AC and Radiator would go bad every now and then

Here are some pics from the incident

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_3729.heic.jpg
See how one side of the radiator housing frame hangs, it was doing with a metal strip and two bolts as jugaad for the go.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_3730.heic.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_3732.heic.jpg
Thats the mud from 'craters' on the highway,it was farmer protest era.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_3258.jpg.jpg
AC colling core with a leak, as the radiator frame broke and somehow damaged it.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_4045.heic2.jpg
Burned down clutch plate, thanks to the 3rd gear, also the rusted and broken engine mount bracket.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_4048.heic2.jpg

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-img_1616.png2.jpg
Spot the missing teeth in the cog.

I couldn't afford a brand new gearbox, I insisted on getting one from a doner car, it took them a week to find a perfect example and was all done for almost 18k Rupees, replaced the radiator,AC cooling core and the housing frame. Car ran butter smooth then but after knowing all the "secrets" of the car, I was just not confident enough to use it on the highways, my family was also insisting hard to let go of the car and I agreed.

Parted ways with the i10 at 1.15L kms for 58k rupeesin 2021, it was bought at 80k kms for 80k Rupees in 2018.

Lesson-- inspect even the finest of the details when opting for a pre-owned vehicle, even if it is one of the most reliable vehicles in the country.
Slickshift99 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 18:35   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Lesson-- inspect even the finest of the details when opting for a pre-owned vehicle, even if it is one of the most reliable vehicles in the country.
Buying an used car is always risky unless the history of the car is clearly known ( that too high mileage car). Normally in used cars engine oil , coolant condition ( to check any oil mixing in coolant) , tyres etc., are checked but now it seems gear oil also need to checked.( It is surprising to know lack of oil in gear box unless there is major leak).we had i10( 2008 iRDE now sold) and never faced any problems. In used car everything depends on the previous owners as many owners tend to use FNG after the compulsory servicing in dealership during warranty period.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th July 2022 at 21:31. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 15th July 2022, 19:02   #430
BHPian

I read somewhere on this forum that gear oil usually needn't be replaced unless there are issues. I'm yet to replace gear oil in my Dzire at 63K km. Should I do it?
Old 15th July 2022, 20:55   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
I read somewhere on this forum that gear oil usually needn't be replaced unless there are issues. I'm yet to replace gear oil in my Dzire at 63K km. Should I do it?
Maruti Advices 20,000 kms change interval for Manual Transmission Oil. It's hardly a matter of a couple of thousand bucks at the most. Never rely on the 'advice' of A.S.S. or FNG regarding the change interval.

I have learned it the hard way, did a big mistake by trusting the A.S.S. multi-point inspection and was almost on the verge of destroying the gearbox when thankfully the FNG noticed during his trial for some other issue and checked the gear oil to find it absolutely watery with no viscosity and quite a bit of emery.

My car was prudently serviced at the Maruti A.S.S. till that point. Upon confirming with them, I did not find a gear oil change in my service history.

Learning from my mistake I change my gear oil at every alternate service, that's 16-17,000 kms.

When it comes to oils & fluids, I don't trust the FNG or A.S.S. i stick to my own schedules.
Old 15th July 2022, 21:27   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
Kindly go through your user manual for gear oil change interval. Maruti Suzuki is chaging the interval time to time depending on the Engine and other factors.. Originally 20k/2yrs, then 40k/4yrs, then 160k/10yrs and now in dualjet or BS6 there is no mentioning of interval ( only inpection every year to top-up I think). In my Spresso same thing. Better to check the level and quality once in a while ( if doing service periodically at MASS, they can check it).
kvsneela is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 12:39   #433
Senior - BHPian

Can someone help identifying the correct part of the two?
There is big cost difference.

Front Right seat belt for Hyundai i10 Asta 2011

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-s_be...fr_rh-6806890/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-s_be...fr_rh-6657813/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks