Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

Now in my next-gen i10 sportz, this is not the case. If i try releasing the clutch in 1st gear without pressing the accelerator the engine stalls.

I found the santro's behaviour very convenient and have got used to it.

Why is the difference between i10 and santro?
This is exacly how i felt too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
1. Very true. I am yet to see a 1.1/1.2 L engine that gives as much as throttle response and pick-up as the Suzuki's 1061cc that does duty in the Wagon R/Estilo (old). But once the revs build up, it's not an issue. You should probably drive a Chevy Beat to understand a real lazy 1.2 motor.
Infact i had test driven the iRDE 1 a couple of years ago. It has a very good first gear pull.
And then Santro is just amazing with first 3 gears.
The kappa2 was a bit of a disappointment in the first gear. Yes i do plan to test drive the Chevy Beat this weekend. Will let you know how it feels.
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:34   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
2. Not so. I can vouch for the fact that the i10's AC is much more effective than the Wagon R's. Might be a one-off case!
Me too. My friend is very unhappy with the AC on his Wagon R. The I10 AC is far superior in every way. It chills better and the 2nd speed blower is more than enough to do the job, at least here in Goa.
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:18   #123
BHPian

I had this strange problem yesterday. When i was driving all of a sudden the engine warning lamp started to blink continuously. I stopped the engine and started the engine again. The engine warning lamp did not turn on.
Any ideas why the engine warning lamp was blinking? Is it something that i need to be concerned about? The problem did not occur again
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:55   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post
I had this strange problem yesterday. When i was driving all of a sudden the engine warning lamp started to blink continuously. I stopped the engine and started the engine again. The engine warning lamp did not turn on.
Any ideas why the engine warning lamp was blinking? Is it something that i need to be concerned about? The problem did not occur again
it might be due to adulterated fuels. Please be care full filling the fuel in the right trusted PSU. It is better to get it checked in the A** for clarity on the issue.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:43   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide
The santro could start from stationary by just releasing the clutch while on 1st gear. Now in my next-gen i10 sportz, this is not the case. If i try releasing the clutch in 1st gear without pressing the accelerator the engine stalls.
Are you sure, you are not releasing the clutch too suddenly in the i10 making it stall ?

IMO, almost all cars today would trot on without giving A-pedal input. Infact, they usually do more than that. Eg. our office basement parking is at a lower level and its a 25-30 deg incline to ground level. I have started at the start of the incline in 1st gear in my Baleno and the car climbs up by just releasing the clutch.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:08   #126
BHPian

After a cold start when I slot my i10 in 1st gear and slowly release the pedel, vehicle begins to move and continues till 10 kmph. I know this because my wife is learning to drive and she did not stall the car in 1st gear.

A strange thing happened yesterday with me. I had been out for dinner and locked my car with Factory Fitted Remote lock. However on coming back when I pressed the unlock button nothing happened. I pressed unlock/lock for a couple of times after which indicators blinked once but car was locked. I tried opening with my key but that triggered the alarm on and it started hooting. After a couple of presses to lock the car it worked and system was back to normal.

Did any one else come across this in any Hyundai factory fitted security system ?

This could have been a nightmare if car would have failed to unlock. Thankfully it wasn't.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:54   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Me too. My friend is very unhappy with the AC on his Wagon R. The I10 AC is far superior in every way. It chills better and the 2nd speed blower is more than enough to do the job, at least here in Goa.
Ditto in Kolkata. The 2nd speed blower does the job. I have put RTO approved Garware sunfilm on all but front glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Are you sure, you are not releasing the clutch too suddenly in the i10 making it stall ?

IMO, almost all cars today would trot on without giving A-pedal input. Infact, they usually do more than that. Eg. our office basement parking is at a lower level and its a 25-30 deg incline to ground level. I have started at the start of the incline in 1st gear in my Baleno and the car climbs up by just releasing the clutch.
It does move till about 10kmph after which you need to press the accelerator.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:25   #128
BHPian

Hello Fellow i10 owners.

I have a i10 Magna Kappa2 which my wife drives, which we bought in Dec 2010.
Since wifey has now got comfortable with the Delhi traffice, we have decided to install some ICE.

I have been trying to source the stock HU which comes with the "sportz" variant. I tried a few dealers but as per them the HU does not come as a accessory which I can buy. I find this strange! They were instead trying to sell me some aftermarket HU which although is "indash", but it is not the one which comes with "Sportz".

Can anybody help me with sourcing this HU and where to get it?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hello Fellow i10 owners.

I have a i10 Magna Kappa2 which my wife drives, which we bought in Dec 2010.
Since wifey has now got comfortable with the Delhi traffice, we have decided to install some ICE.

I have been trying to source the stock HU which comes with the "sportz" variant. I tried a few dealers but as per them the HU does not come as a accessory which I can buy. I find this strange! They were instead trying to sell me some aftermarket HU which although is "indash", but it is not the one which comes with "Sportz".

Can anybody help me with sourcing this HU and where to get it?

Thanks in anticipation.

The spotz and asta HU requires changing the whole lot more than the HU as it is differently shaped than the HU slot in magna.

I guess this is your best best for OEM look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...em-i-10-a.html
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:24   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The spotz and asta HU requires changing the whole lot more than the HU as it is differently shaped than the HU slot in magna.

I guess this is your best best for OEM look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...em-i-10-a.html
Thanks blackasta!

This was the same one which the showroom showed me. I think I might go for it.

Can anybody give some review for this one? I am not a very high end user. We just need good clear music.
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Thanks blackasta!

This was the same one which the showroom showed me. I think I might go for it.

Can anybody give some review for this one? I am not a very high end user. We just need good clear music.

You can PM bhpian 'simhi' for that - he has it on his i10.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:42   #132
BHPian

Has anyone used the heated ORVM features in nexgen i10 ? It was raining Yesterday evening in Bangalore and I wanted to remove rain water from ORVM. I pressed the defogger switch and set fan to defogger mode but nothing happened. Rear defogger also failed to work.

What is the process of using defogger in i10 ?
Old 17th June 2011, 19:19   #133
BHPian

Pressing the defogger switch alone should have activated both rear and mirror defoggers. Keep it on for sometime and touch the rear glass with the back of your hand. It should feel warm if it is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Has anyone used the heated ORVM features in nexgen i10 ? It was raining Yesterday evening in Bangalore and I wanted to remove rain water from ORVM. I pressed the defogger switch and set fan to defogger mode but nothing happened. Rear defogger also failed to work.

What is the process of using defogger in i10 ?
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:46   #134
BHPian

I tested defogger on rear glass and also tested heated ORVM. They work flawlessly. After recent service and using shell unleaded, mileage has improved to 12.5 kmpl. This car is very easy to drive in traffic. New issues are with front power windows on both sides, which roll up very slowly.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:00   #135
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the i10 just 2 days ago.

The test drive i10 was a Sportz Version with the option pack (bluetooth and some other tidbits). In general, the car was not so well maintained with some stuff not working like the electrically adjustable mirrors. If they are trying to sell me a car and want to impress me as much as possible why can't they keep a well maintained, fully functioning piece for TD? <end rant>

Fired up the i10 and it settled to a idle that was somewhat more coarse than I expected (I think they hadn't serviced it properly). Interiors looked good and in general the choice of materials and fit and finish were excellent with respect to the other options at that price point. Ergonomics were good, and all the controls fell nicely within my reach. Pedal were spaced rather closely but it made for easy in city use. Dials looked clean and were easy to decipher (step up from the previous i10) and the blue MID did it's job well. The switchgear felt reasonably well built and quality on par - should easily last the car's life.

Switched on the AC, with fan speed 2, and boy it felt like a chiller. No fuss, not much noise and no apparent load felt on the engine. Revved the engine and the Kappa2's refinement was evident. Though it should be noted that the Maruti K-series engines have the edge in general NVH.

To exit the Showroom and join the main road a reverse maneuver was required. Slotting into reverse unfortunately unfortunately required two attempts, engaging reverse was notchy, a sore point in an otherwise good gearbox. Mirrors felt suitably large and the light steering made the maneuver at 0kph speeds a breeze.

Moving out onto the main road it very quickly became apparent that the Kappa2's low end pulling power was, well, poor. Keep the revs above 2000 and you start making progress, above 3000 and you can pick up some speed. First gear was sluggish and should be used strictly for getting the car into motion.

Early shifts to second are rewarding, and the second gear is great, right from low 10kph speeds up to 40kph or so. The motor responds nicely and closing those elusive gaps in thick traffic is no issue. Third complements the second gear nicely making those dashes to 60 effortless.

Heavy traffic ensured that I had no opportunity to rest the handling of the car, but light controls, the conveniently located gear shift and light steering all contribute a fatigue free drive. On a short empty stretch I was able to push up to 70 and the car had no qualms, the steering felt like it weighted up a bit. Tyre upsize is recommended, for stability, comfort and handling.

Returning to the showroom required climbing up a ramp of epic proportions - the i10 handled it without any fuss.

In essence a brilliant city slicker with compact proportions, smooth engine and gearbox, offering a lot of creature comforts and a great AC to boot. Handles nimbly and promises good reliability. FE should be high if driven with a light foot and you stick to the Manual transmission. Competent for those weekend out of city jaunts if you pack lightly. A very competent hatch, this!

It is hard not to like the i10. And I guess the consistently high sales figures month after month reflect that. Thumbs up Hyundai!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks