Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 22:43   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Hmmm i10 FE discussions

Well now my 3 year old i10 sportz returns about 14.5 kmpl in Bangalore with about 90% AC. So without AC i expect it to be attaining the figures mentioned by Ulhas.ahirrao.

This is my observation(all with about 80% AC):
1) Upshift at 3K rpms - very spirited driving - FE 11 kmpl
2) Upshift at 2.5K rpms - fairly spirited driving - FE 12-13 kmpl
3) Upshift at 2K rpms - Decent pull and not too sedate, heavy foot - 13-14 kmpl
4) upshift at 2K rpms - Decent pull and sedate - light foot - 14+ kmpl

So i guess to get good FE figures one has to follow a particular style of driving. Not too tough actually

Suspension : Front - Great, Rear - on the bouncier side, on very bad roads can be unnerving
Old 30th December 2011, 23:16   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Thanks for using my pic sbiswas

Is it in a different place in the Kappa2 ? Could you post a pic ?
No, thank you for that excellent photo. It's clear and detailed.

It's no different in kappa2. In fact, under the hood it looks exactly like the kappa version. But the diagram in my manual does not match with the actual layout.
Old 1st January 2012, 08:12   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
You say that the car is not for back seat passengers. Then shall i plan to remove the seats and start using it as a luggage cargo. Your statement totally seems to be out of picture. Any car that is running should be for all kind of passengers. Be it front seat or back seat. I personally feel that just because we are having a particular car we shouldn't try to polish and pose a demerit to be merit. A biased review will misguide many new buyers.
*PEACE*, do not take literal meaning of everything. I meant only in terms of back seat comfort for long travels.

When you compare with cars like Manza, Vista or Punto it is nothing.

I am an i10 Kappa owner for nearly 3 years and from my post I have done only the opposite of what you have said i.e. Projecting a de-merit

Also, you can see I have agreed with all your complaints except front seat comfort and engine hum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

The i10 has, quite obviously, not lived up to your expectations and hence, the disappointment.
Thanks Misquitas, You have summed up everything pretty well.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:28   #199
BHPian

1. When i turn on the blower after driving the car for 5 to 10 mins, only hot air is blown. I have kept temperature knob deep in the blue region. so it should be giving me cool air right?

2. is there an engine temperature guage in the new i10. i have been scratching my head trying to locate it.

Last edited by WindRide : 2nd January 2012 at 12:29.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:35   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

2. is there an engine temperature guage in the new i10. i have been scratching my head trying to locate it.
There is only a temperature indicator which glows on start up and when engine overheats. There is no temperature gauge.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:56   #201
BHPian

^ Thanks bluevolt.
Now, should the blower behave as it is doing now?
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:38   #202
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Is the a/c on ? If not, it is normal I would think.
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:50   #203
BHPian

A/c is not on. Just the fan.
Is the fan giving hot air due to engine temp being on the hotter side? shouldn't the air turn cool if i keep the temp know deep in the blue region?
Old 4th January 2012, 12:19   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A/c is not on. Just the fan.
Is the fan giving hot air due to engine temp being on the hotter side? shouldn't the air turn cool if i keep the temp know deep in the blue region?
How would the air be cooled if AC is not turned on? It shall be of the same temperature as the air outside / inside (recirculate).
Old 5th January 2012, 10:08   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
^^^ Is the a/c on ? If not, it is normal I would think.
I stand corrected. @Windride, what you expected is correct. When temp is set to cold, the air blowed into cabin should be cool (ofcourse depending on the atmospheric temp) even without a/c being on. So, in B'lore where you are located and which is pretty cold during this time, the air should be cool, even without a/c switched on.

Infact, I tried this yesterday on my way home from work and also today on driving to work. Without turning a/c on & temp at max-cold, I just switched on the blower and got cool air (ofcourse Dec/Jan is cooler months in Chennai). I then moved the temp slider to hot and the air blown in was now warm/hot.

So, if you get warm/hot air from blower even when temp is set to Cold, there could be some issue. Do get it checked.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 10:57   #206
BHPian

^ Thanks for trying this out in ur car supremeBaleno.
I will try this out again this weekend when i will be driving my car. I dont remember the external temp when i observed this behaviour.

BTW, BLR is not as cold as it used to be 5 -6 years ago In fact, its turned warm here these days and its just the first week of Jan!!
Old 5th January 2012, 23:02   #207
BHPian

Just my Re 1 observation.

I have noticed that even when the AC is off, the fan in the i10 blows cooler air in the cabin on a cold night, provided one has switched the lever to the mode that accepts outside air. When the lever is switched to the "re-circulation" mode, the fan blows warmer air, even if the temp is set to max cold ("bluest" part of the dial).

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I stand corrected. @Windride, what you expected is correct. When temp is set to cold, the air blowed into cabin should be cool (ofcourse depending on the atmospheric temp) even without a/c being on. So, in B'lore where you are located and which is pretty cold during this time, the air should be cool, even without a/c switched on.

Infact, I tried this yesterday on my way home from work and also today on driving to work. Without turning a/c on & temp at max-cold, I just switched on the blower and got cool air (ofcourse Dec/Jan is cooler months in Chennai). I then moved the temp slider to hot and the air blown in was now warm/hot.

So, if you get warm/hot air from blower even when temp is set to Cold, there could be some issue. Do get it checked.
Quote:
^ Thanks for trying this out in ur car supremeBaleno.
I will try this out again this weekend when i will be driving my car. I dont remember the external temp when i observed this behaviour.

BTW, BLR is not as cold as it used to be 5 -6 years ago In fact, its turned warm here these days and its just the first week of Jan!!
Old 8th January 2012, 13:34   #208
Senior - BHPian

What is transaxle fluid and when should it be replaced in i10 irde MT ?

As per the i10 owner manual, it should be changed every 15k kms. But when I went for 15k service, the SA told that it only needs to be changed at 30k kms.

Rohan
Old 9th January 2012, 11:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
What is transaxle fluid and when should it be replaced in i10 irde MT ?

As per the i10 owner manual, it should be changed every 15k kms. But when I went for 15k service, the SA told that it only needs to be changed at 30k kms.

Rohan
Its transmission fluid.

From google - Front wheel drive vehicles have transaxles. That one assembly combines the transmission and differential components found in rear wheel drive vehicles.

AFAIK transmission fluid change gaps are much longer.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:28   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Its transmission fluid.

From google - Front wheel drive vehicles have transaxles. That one assembly combines the transmission and differential components found in rear wheel drive vehicles.

AFAIK transmission fluid change gaps are much longer.
Thanks. I had also checked on Google, but wanted to be sure.

The confusion happened because my i10 owner manual mentions transaxle fluid replacement interval as 1,50,000 kms for MT and 45,000 kms for AT. But there was a sticker pasted on the figure 1,50,000 kms, and 15,000 kms was printed on this sticker. Not sure if this sticker was pasted by the dealer or it was a typo correction in the manual done by Hyundai.

Could you please check this in your i10 owner manual ?

Rohan

Most Viewed