Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 23:26   #226
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Hi Ankur, I just got a 5 yr warranty 3M Underbody coating done (around 2.8K) for my 6 month old i10 Sportz AT. Two advantages:

2. The suspension noise reduces considerably, the thuds become more 'Germanish'. I love it for its sound deadening properties.
Nice tip there going to try this out at the next service thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 12:03   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
In i10 kappa2, How much fuel will be left over in the tank once the low-fuel lamp comes on? In other words, how much further can i drive without stalling the engine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I think it should be 5 ltrs of petrol left in the tank when low-fuel comes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Tank capacity is 35lts if I am not wrong. In my last experience, I drove 18 kms after the light came on and when I filled the tank, and it took 28 lts. My car returns me around 11 kmpl now. So I am assuming the reserve is 8lts.
Happened to me today. Fuel indicator came on. I drove for 6km before I refueled. Filled up the tank (not top-up). It took in 28.56L of petrol. Assuming that it drank 1/2L for 6km and I could put in another 1.5L to top it up, I assume low fuel lamps turns on when there is 5L of petrol approximately left in the tank.
Old 8th March 2012, 14:30   #228
BHPian

^ Agree. Even mine took in ~28 lts immediately on indicator lighting up.
Btw, what's tank capacity? 35 Lts?
Old 8th March 2012, 14:44   #229
BHPian

Just a correction - the dead pedal is there. My car is a 2010 (November) i10 Asta (Auto) and the same is very much there. Since the review is current, I am not sure whether they removed it, though.
Old 8th March 2012, 14:46   #230
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Guys, have any of you used the LFI (low fuel indicator) light as a way to measure the car's FE ? Sort of like how we use Reserve in bikes ? Set tripmeter to 0 when LFI comes up, fuel up x litres, drive till next LFI, divide tripmeter reading by x to get FE. I think this could be a easier way to calculate FE than the conventional methods.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:34   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^ Agree. Even mine took in ~28 lts immediately on indicator lighting up.
Btw, what's tank capacity? 35 Lts?
Yes, 35L according to the manual. 28.xx (from fuel indicator to full) + 1.xx (from full to top-up) + 5L (after fuel warning lamp) ~= 35L

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^ Guys, have any of you used the LFI (low fuel indicator) light as a way to measure the car's FE ? Sort of like how we use Reserve in bikes ? Set tripmeter to 0 when LFI comes up, fuel up x litres, drive till next LFI, divide tripmeter reading by x to get FE. I think this could be a easier way to calculate FE than the conventional methods.
No, just sharing how much fuel we have after the fuel indicator turns on. Might come handy someday .
Old 8th March 2012, 21:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Knowing how much fuel is left after LFI comes on is indeed good to know. Will avoid getting stranded without fuel.

But what I meant was, those of you who tank-up after LFI comes on, could trying using this mechanism to check FE and compare with results from other methods like full-tank to full-tank.
Old 12th March 2012, 20:41   #233
BHPian

After going through a lot of tbhp threads and research, finally I have booked a white magna 1.2
Old 12th March 2012, 21:28   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^ Guys, have any of you used the LFI (low fuel indicator) light as a way to measure the car's FE ?

I think this could be a easier way to calculate FE than the conventional methods.
Were you specific about the i10 alone? If not, I'll share my experience using the LFI to check FE on the Beat. I use this method mostly to check the FE, as more petrol in the tank means the rate of petrol getting emptied is more. If I have petrol in the tank, I'll be taking the vehicle out for an unnecessary spin every now and then. If there is less petrol in the tank, there is no other choice than to curb my desire as I'll have to pay for the petrol filling it up.

Few disadvantage of this technique I felt are -
1) The FE might not be that accurate for a single reading. Won't the float trigger the LFI warning when the vehicle is on a slope? But this can be negated by taking consecutive averages. Even if some extra fuel is present in the reserve, the next time the LFI may show up a bit later.
2) Less petrol in the tank means more evaporative loss upon each opening and closing of the tank. Could this mean a bit lesser FE?
3) Just be sure that you can find a petrol bunk before running the tank dry.

Few advantages I felt are on the accuracy aspect -
1) We will be able to get an accurate FE if we take consecutive averages over the same route and conditions. If we are filling up full tank, we only get an average FE of the car, which is highly dependent on the traffic and operating conditions over a long range.
2) Accuracy on the amount of fuel going in on a top up is always questionable (even when using auto-cut off from the same nozzle), which is not the case using a LFI method.
Old 12th March 2012, 21:32   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
After going through a lot of tbhp threads and research, finally I have booked a white magna 1.2
Exactly the same car, variant and colour that I have had since Dec 2010. It has given us excellent service till date and the 25-odd FE tests have given me an average of 17 kmpl.

You may or may not be aware that the Magna variant does not have intermittent wiping, a luggage lamp and rear door ajar switches (cabin light comes on when either of the rear doors is not closed).

But if you check up my i10 ownership thread, you will notice that these three features can easily be fitted at a Hyundai service centre in the Magna.

All the best and looking forward to your ownership thread in the near future.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 21:43   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
You may or may not be aware that the Magna variant does not have intermittent wiping, a luggage lamp and rear door ajar switches (cabin light comes on when either of the rear doors is not closed).

But if you check up my i10 ownership thread, you will notice that these three features can easily be fitted at a Hyundai service centre in the Magna.
Did not know that! Thanks for the tip. I'll check out as to what I can do regarding this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

All the best and looking forward to your ownership thread in the near future.
Also can you please post the service costs per 6 months? I could not find this on your ownership thread ( my bad eyes! ).

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2012 at 01:09. Reason: Merged.
Old 13th March 2012, 13:46   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma
Were you specific about the i10 alone? If not, I'll share my experience using the LFI to check FE on the Beat.
No, any car with LFI should be good. I mentioned i10 since I was aware of it having LFI. If this feature were available in our Swift/Baleno/M800, I would not rely on full-tank method to measure FE.

Quote:
Accuracy on the amount of fuel going in on a top up is always questionable (even when using auto-cut off from the same nozzle), which is not the case using a LFI method.
Indeed that is my belief too - I stopped using auto-cutoff method after the nozzle once cut-off much before it should. And filling to brim is a pain (irritates others waiting in the queue + possibility of fuel-spill + it being wrong to fill to brim as mentioned in manual). And LFI is IMO a brilliant way to deduce FE, especially since being a light that comes up in the dash, would be easy to notice by driver.

Quote:
Few disadvantage of this technique I felt are -
1) The FE might not be that accurate for a single reading. Won't the float trigger the LFI warning when the vehicle is on a slope? But this can be negated by taking consecutive averages. Even if some extra fuel is present in the reserve, the next time the LFI may show up a bit later.
Yeah, this error can be averaged off over many readings.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th March 2012 at 13:47.
Old 28th March 2012, 08:01   #238
BHPian

One small thing I would like to point out to the reviewers is that according to the official i10 manual the length is 3585 mm instead of 3565 mm. Not that 20 mm will make much of a difference but still T-BHP thrives in accuracy!
Old 10th April 2012, 13:42   #239
BHPian

Quote:
A/c is not on. Just the fan.
Is the fan giving hot air due to engine temp being on the hotter side? shouldn't the air turn cool if i keep the temp know deep in the blue region?
Same with my i10 Kappa 1.2. Hot air without A/C, I guess it's the engine temperature.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:39   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
If I remember correctly and from the steering wheel picture in this review, there is a third button under the phone-controls on the right side with no symbols or functions printed on it. Pressing it did nothing. Might be functional for the export models only.
I have an i10 with the steering controls. The 3rd button (which is a dummy in Indian models) is a voice recognition calling for the phone (connected through bluetooth). Though it is on the European models, the same is not installed on Indian models.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks