Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:51   #391
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneix View Post
If it develops play the bumpiness increases. I got those changed too and bumpiness reduced to great extent.
HASS suggested for a complete overhaul during last service but I avoided since I knew little about how it works. But nothing was mentioned about this rod you're talking about.

Did you get it replaced at HASS? How much did it cost?
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:14   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Did you get it replaced at HASS? How much did it cost?
No I got it done at an FNG and those 3 things costed me between 2 to 2.5 thousand. It's a very simple task.
Phoneix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 13:57   #393
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just got this email. Posting here in case it helps any i10 owner. If someone should get it, please share a detailed review (in a new thread) of the pros & cons.

Quote:
We have developed a very interesting retrofit for Hyundai i10 owners. (You can check it at http://www.drivetronics.in)

Hyundai i10 did not come with a factory fitted intermittent wiper mode; they can install the 'Drivetronics' intermittent wiper retrofit (It needs no modifications).
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 14:38   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just got this email. Posting here in case it helps any i10 owner. If someone should get it, please share a detailed review (in a new thread) of the pros & cons.
And all this while I presumed our 1.2 Magna did not have the intermittent wiper speed as it was a mid variant. Quite stupid of Hyundai to have skimped on something so petty yet useful, very unlike their 'load it up to the brim' outlook.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 14:57   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Freakish that you'd post this today GTO . Just yesterday I was complaining how my father in law's i10 doesn't have an intermittent wiper and how it was feeling like driving my erstwhile Omni!! I'll share this retrofit detail with him.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th June 2017 at 14:59.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 14:58   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure that my i10 (2009 pre facelift kappa model) has the intermittent wiper setting.
It was only present in the Asta trim, and absent in any other trims below it.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 12:10   #397
BANNED

I have a i10 Dec 2011 model since yesterday the car is showing EPS light on.
Is this a EPS failure ?
Old 20th July 2017, 13:24   #398
BHPian

Are you facing any tightness in you steering? When was the last time you had changed the battery? Is it taking crank from the car to start? I don't think it should be EPS issue. Will let the experts to comment.
Old 20th July 2017, 14:32   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
I have a i10 Dec 2011 model since yesterday the car is showing EPS light on.
Is this a EPS failure ?
If the car behaves as normal (that is, you continue to have assisted steering), this may be a sensor fault.
If steering has become non power assisted, (that is , heavy), this is a most likely a component fault.
In both cases, get the car to Hyundai ASS and checked. Towing is recommended.
Old 20th July 2017, 20:13   #400
BANNED

The car steering has become very hard.
I checked got it checked with Hyundai ASS they say MDPS module etc needs to be replaced.
Does this sound correct ?
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:45   #401
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know where to post this, but its very urgent. My 2010 i10 1.2 Kappa has recently got a serious issue. It was running fine, had some minor leak in radiator 3 years back and it was replaced. Car is run 25000 kms in 8 years. The recent issue is that I noticed the coolant level is very low. Since I don't drive this car and its being used by my sister, she decided to send the car for service and decided not to drive it further. Unknowingly her driver took the car for an errand and on the way, the car just stopped. There was no coolant in the chamber at all, there were no tell tale signs on the dials as well, it was like the engine totally disconnected and died. Since he was on the highway he showed the car to an independent mechanic and he quoted for 50K INR parts estimate. In any case I'm sending the car today to Authorised dealer but I'm less hopeful the estimate will reduce, rather it'll go up. What the independent mechanic told, there was damage to the engine head gasket, radiator, and some other things he was not clear on, that's why sending the car to ASC. Any pointers as to what would have possibly been damaged in this event? It might make sense for me to just scrap the car in total loss if the estimate is close to 70K at the ASC. IDV of the car is close to 2 Lakh, but I don't know if the insurance will be valid in case this is considered as driver/owner negligence.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:55   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Didn't know where to post this, but its very urgent.
Few pointers from my end:

had some minor leak in radiator 3 years back and it was replaced - replaced or repaired? was it repaired correctly? I guess not.

There was no coolant in the chamber at all, there were no tell tale signs on the dials as well - both statements can't be true. The coolant chamber can empty due to a leak, but by that time the temperature gauge should have touched red zone (is there one in the 2010 model? my 2009 model had one.) or the high temperature indicator should have been glowing.

it was like the engine totally disconnected and died - the engine overheated and seized.

Since he was on the highway he showed the car to an independent mechanic and he quoted for 50K INR parts estimate - could very well be double that amount or more.

What the independent mechanic told, there was damage to the engine head gasket, radiator, and some other things he was not clear on, that's why sending the car to ASC - all the mechanic's comments point to engine overheating and seizing.

I don't know if the insurance will be valid in case this is considered as driver/owner negligence - borderline case. This is a case of negligence no doubt, but if you can convince the HASS & the surveyor that this thing happened all of a sudden in a matter of minutes/seconds, you may be able to get the claim.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 18:55   #403
BHPian

All,

I need help in DIY repair for the dislodged aux input assembly. On my i10 asta, a few days back while connecting a USB cable the entire assembly was dislodged from its mounting. Check picture below.

Name:  Aux Input.PNG
Views: 1809
Size:  763.3 KB

Need inputs on how do I access this panel? I tried removing the panel below the gear shifter in an attempt to access the aux in assembly. But the panel seems to be fixed internally.

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-gear-shifter-cover-right.png

Early inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 27th February 2020, 03:21   #404
BHPian

Hi members,
I need some information regarding the clutch replacement in my car. Hence, I am trying to revive this thread.
The car in question is a 2013 Hyundai i10 (1.2 Sportz).

Prelude:
I am a sedate driver and my car is serviced regularly, every 10k kms as per manual.
Just 2 months back got the 80k service done. During delivery of car, the service adviser suggested (he wasn’t pushy though) that, the clutch replacement might be required during the next 90k service.
But, I didn’t feel any difference, even after the test drive. I told him that we will discuss later on this and left, since I was in a hurry.

So,I thought of seeking some advice here, before discussing further with the Hyundai service centre.

Below are my observations:
  • After 80k service I have driven around 4k kms, with current ODO being 84k kms
  • I am not able to find any difference in clutch travel, gear slotting, clutch release etc.
  • Everything feels normal with whole car itself. Even gear slotting is as smooth as it was on day 1
  • Though I have around 2Lakh kms of driving experience (clocked in multiple cars combined), my experience is nil when it comes to clutch replacement.
    Since, none of our previous or current cars had crossed 65k kms and no clutch replacement ever in them (except my father’s first car, Omni)

So here are my questions:
  1. Is the service adviser trying to mislead? (My regular service adviser was promoted last year and hence I am dealing with this new adviser)
  2. How can one understand the clutch is worn out?
  3. What is the usual life of clutch in i10?
  4. As a proactive measure, is it mandatory to change the clutch after certain KMs / age, even if everything is working fine?
I might sound silly with my questions, but will be happy to get the inputs from technical gurus and learn from them.
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th April 2020, 08:55   #405
BHPian

It was just after my class 12 board exams that i decided to get a car for my daily commute for coachings related to upcoming entrance exams. My suzuki access125 was serving me fabulously but due to my eye allergy to extreme heat and dust i decided on getting a car. Parents adressed the matter and agreed on a small car in a budget cap of 2-4L. Delhi’s summers are extreme and will take away all of your energy when you commute on a 2-wheeler in summers add to this, you’ll reach your destination drenched in sweat, the wind blast does no good,might get you sick instead.

My Access 125 posing with a friend’s SR 150Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-5e05b4089b4f47c6867887ae5407dbcf.jpeg

Since i needed the car to travel from point A to B with air conditioning i was keen to get a preowned car, so i called up my elder cousin to help me up and then we were dealing with trusted known dealers. I was looking for something like a grand i10 or a Ritz( we already own one and i absolutely love this machine)

At the dealership
After having looked at the grand i10s, swifts and a few ritz my eyes caught the attention of a pristine silver civic. The Civic had been my childhood dream car and couldn’t stop my self to get a look at it inside-out. The car was in top not h condition and the demand price was fair as well, “leave the hatchbacks, we’re getting the civic “ i said to my cousin childishly
The papers were clean as the car itself, upon the test drive it felt tight and strong to pull. I was sold then and there, but destiny had its plans when i got my dad to have a look at the car, it was already gone.
I had decided i will get only the civic and started to look for other options in my city

The silver civic
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-daf9060086b54fcb996a72dc581cdaac.jpeg

Civic has the best looking dashboard ever IMOHyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-cff2f1701b1845bd9298dbacf6186f60.jpeg

But my mom proclaimed that i shall not get the civic even if it fits the budget as it’s the “badi gaadi” and not something a college fresher should have. Reminds me of Bhpian chiranjitp
Quote:
Their main issue was me getting a car of my own, for most a car is a car, no matter how cheap it may be. Getting a two wheeler is not an issue, however expensive it might be. I still can't get my head round this fact, our society is indeed funny sometimes.
Dad’s plan
My dad had other plans, apparently he considered buying a new Honda City and let me have the current ride, within a week we were at the honda dealership to have a look at the Honda City. phew what a heck of a car - we were looking at the top end zx varient and i was impressed with the styling of the dashboard, the i-vtec engine and to the comment the salesman made- “sir honda city me mercedes se bhi zada legroom hai” and it actually had acres of space at the rear. However the same night over dinner discussion the point was made that a 3-4L expense was growing seriously to some 16L and mom disagreed dad to get the city.

The i10 comes in the frame
A good friend of dad was aware of the situation and offered me to use his car as long as i wish. To this we agreed and he told that he would get the car serviced and send to us within a week. Meanwhile I started to read about i10 on Tbhp, watch videos on youtube. I knew the i10 came in 2 engine options the irde(from the santro) & kappa( new more powerful engine thats still used in grand i10 & i20 with additional vtvt). I prayed he had the kappa and voila this was it!

The car was in good condition and i was happy i finally got a "car" i long wished of.
Slickshift99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks