Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 12:37   #46
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata

The IOC pumps at Kasba and Prince Anwar Shah Road are good too. I get consistent and comparable FE when I fill from any of these. I hardly use any other pump now-a-days.
Old 16th June 2012, 16:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea which Petrol Pumps in Calcutta fill Nitrogen?
Old 16th June 2012, 19:38   #48
BHPian

Indo Radial Club, Mominpore
IOC pump near South City Mall.

But these days due to construction of concrete road dividers there are nails scattered on the roads, get a puncture at least once a month :( .
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 00:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys any idea which Petrol Pumps in Calcutta fill Nitrogen?
Sorry I do have no idea about any Petrol Pump in Calcutta which fills Nitrogen. But I may give you the address of one tyre dealer in north Calcutta (on VIP Road), who fills it. Please PM me if you need the address.
rahul4640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Indo Radial Club, Mominpore
IOC pump near South City Mall.

But these days due to construction of concrete road dividers there are nails scattered on the roads, get a puncture at least once a month :( .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Sorry I do have no idea about any Petrol Pump in Calcutta which fills Nitrogen. But I may give you the address of one tyre dealer in north Calcutta (on VIP Road), who fills it. Please PM me if you need the address.
Thanks a ton guys.
Got Nitrogen filled up on all my cars from the IOC Pump on Gurusaday Road.

The Pumps/Tyre Dealers having Nitrogen are:

IOC Pump,Gurusaday Road
IOC Pump,Prince Anwar Shah Road
Bridgestone Select Store,VIP Road
Indo Radial Club,Mominpore/DH Road
Old 5th July 2012, 19:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Rohin & all - i was a regular visitor at IOC pump on Gurusaday road - but twice i caught them cheating - make sure that you check the Bill value (litres) and the meter reading (litres).
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 11:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

The BP retail outlet on Rawdon Street (opp Sameer car decorating) is also a good one. Accurate measure and courteous service
Old 17th July 2012, 15:46   #53
BHPian

The HP retail outlet in EE block Salt Lake near the Wipro office crossing is iffy. I usually get a range indicator of around 570/580 when I do a tank full after distance to empty to a certain level. In this particular one I got only around 480 which is about 100 kms less. I actually got less FE too so I advise everybody to stay away from it. I think it is the HP or it could be a BP one.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
The HP retail outlet in EE block Salt Lake near the Wipro office crossing is iffy.
I have had a similar experience there. Hence, I rely on the pump opposite city centre, or better still, the BP COCO pump opposite to Tata Medical Center in Rajarhat.
Old 22nd December 2012, 18:45   #55
BHPian

I am not happy with quality or quantity provided by the pump beside AMRI Saltlake. Though they dispensed according to meter and I stood by whilst they were filling my car returned a rather poor 13kmpl overall which it shouldn't given the fact that today I got my car's clutch overhauled. Will never fill from them again. Infact my regular pump at central jail more in north kolkata(IOC) and BP pump at airport are much more consistent in providing me good fuel efficiency. BHPian mitrajdeep fills from the HP or BP pump(can't remember) beside AMRI Saltlake. He can provide an insight into what can go wrong. Overall it's a big thumbs down to that pump from my side atleast.

Last edited by tacho9000 : 22nd December 2012 at 18:49.
Old 23rd December 2012, 08:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
I am not happy with quality or quantity provided by the pump beside AMRI Saltlake.
I used to fill from them in the late nineties and at that time it used to be fine. But then it was a 2 wheeler most of the times and the m800 occasionally. Never really cared much about FE on both. Haven't filled up from them in the last 10 year's ;-) so no idea how they are now.
Old 18th February 2013, 10:23   #57
BHPian

IOC pump at Central Jail crossing on the way from airport towards nagerbazar is the best pump in this region of Kolkata. Courteous attendants, accurate machines and reasonably clean premises. This is the pump from where if I fill petrol even worth Rs.200 I get maximum mileage. They also have a car washing facility,air check facility,pollution check facility too on the premises. OVerall this pump gets a big thumbs up from me. If any of the BHPians ever visit this pump then do post a review. Reference point is it is situated bang infront of St. Stephens School,Central Jail;Beside CESC office while coming from either nagerbazaar towards airport or from airport towards nagerbazaar.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 17:17   #58
BHPian

Few good pumps:

For Petrol: Debi Petrol Pump - Naktala, HP Pump beside Khudiram Hospital - Rathtala, United Service Station - Bhowanipur. (All Kolkata)

Sreeji Service Satation - Mathkuria (Dhanbad)

I have personally taken fuel from all these four. Full measure and purity.
My non-A/C M800 returns a steady average of 17kmpl in Kolkata city and 23kmpl on NH2 (about 18-19kmpl in Dhanbad).

For diesel: currently using the services of Debi Petrol Pump (since I have a relation built up there). Not sure of the diesel part though, since a lot of buses, mini-buses and taxis fill from here.

Can anyone suggest a pump in Kolkata giving full measure and purity in DIESEL?

Regards,
Saurav
Old 18th February 2013, 17:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravdc View Post

For diesel: currently using the services of Debi Petrol Pump (since I have a relation built up there). Not sure of the diesel part though, since a lot of buses, mini-buses and taxis fill from here.

Can anyone suggest a pump in Kolkata giving full measure and purity in DIESEL?

Regards,
Saurav
I have a bad experience with Debi. I filled once about an year ago and the car started knocking after that. Had lodged a complain with HP too.

I fill diesel from IOC pump at the Kasba connector (on the LHS going from Gariahat to Ruby), Prince Anwar Shah road (just before South City) and the one near Hometown, Rajarhat. No problem with any of these. Get consistent milege too. I use IOC pumps only now because I have citibank IOCL credit card.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 14:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
... Prince Anwar Shah road (just before South City) ...
Thanks a lot.
That is Prince Service Station. Yes that is good too. Thanks again.

Regards,
Saurav

Most Viewed