Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2019, 23:26   #76
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
200% agree with you. I stay just few yards from the petrol pump and have been fueling my tanks here for the last 6 years. Staff is good, the women staff chatter a lot and makes mistakes while punching the figures in the card POS.

The Air machine in this pump is absolute bogus and avoid this machine.

This pump had put petrol in my diesel car. The ladies staff was chatting with other ladies and erroneously put petrol in my diesel tank.

Hence if you reach a bay where those ladies are there, make sure that your eyes are fixed on the details.
Err are you referring to the IOC pump or the BP pump in terms of the negative experience? I regularly use the IOCL one, and on a couple of occasions have used the BPCL one as well. The BP one seems to have more lady employees and they've been well mannered and polite.

However I prefer the IOCL one as I have a rewards card with them (it's another story that my points balance got swiped without me receiving the free fuel).

I'd like to know which pump was so careless to fill the wrong type of fuel in your car. I'll probably avoid them going forward.
Old 1st May 2019, 02:49   #77
BHPian

Can anyone (preferably from northern side) tell me where to find System D (diesel additive) of Indian Oil?

Tried few pumps but no luck so far.

Off topic,

What can be a good alternative of System D? Planning for using (one or two thankful may be) for my 2 year old Aspire TDCi (BS-IV)

Thanks
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 19:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Can anyone (preferably from northern side) tell me where to find System D (diesel additive) of Indian Oil?

Off topic,

What can be a good alternative of System D? Planning for using (one or two thankful may be) for my 2 year old Aspire TDCi (BS-IV)

Thanks
As per my Ecosport manual, adding additives is not recommended. Its mentioned in multiple places. See the screenshot of the manual mentioning this. Hope you have checked its safe and provide realistic measurable benefits.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata-1.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 20:14   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
As per my Ecosport manual, adding additives is not recommended. Its mentioned in multiple places. See the screenshot of the manual mentioning this. Hope you have checked its safe and provide realistic measurable benefits.
You are right, may be you posted the wrong page but yes, I checked, Aspire/Figo manual too says no additional additives required. Page No 83 under refueling section. You have attached the engine oil section.

Since we are going off topic, so I shall take my question or this discussion to the appropriate thread.

Thanks for pointing me to the manual
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata-screenshot_20190505201247.png  

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 11:17   #80
BHPian

From my experience in Kolkata so far the Bharat Petroleum pump near Kalikapur on the Anwar Shah Bypass Connector is best. I have compared Regular and Speed petrol here with IOCL (the one on Dhakuria Bus Stand / or even Newtown behind Novotel) regular and xtra premium and I can vouch that I get at least 10% more FE than IOCL.

Additionally, a bit off topic, just a word for mention many a time we have the need to do Pollution Check on Sundays, as such following pumps per my knowledge do that on Sundays too but only till 1/130 pm
1. The petrol pump beside Mandarin (old) restaurant on Southern Avenue
2. The IOCL pump before South City when you are going from Jadavpur PS towards South City

Also, in most of the pumps the pollution check happens from 10-6 but the IOCL pump beside Leather Complex on Basanti Highway does the same from 9 to 7. Just in case someone has a hurry, but it's far from main city, around 15 km from science City although empty road makes up for it, maximum 20-30 mins drive from science City.
haisaikat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 21:22   #81
BHPian

Couple of day ago while on Kalyani By Pass, I refueled from a Reliance Pump. Small pump, only two lane & fuel dispenser but well dressed staff who follow those obvious rules like pointing to zero on meter and such. One staff with windscreen washing broom & Free Air Check up.

Over all nice experience apart from poorly maintained toilet & faulty drinking water machine.

Now coming to the main point of fuel. Majority of my refueling is done from a HP COCO Pump & compare to Reliance given diesel, the car felt bit smoother & tab more responsive. Difference is negligible but a regular driver of the same car should definitely notice the same at least.

Unfortunately there are no Reliance Pump on or near to my regular route so have to stick with my usual HP Pump.

Thanks

P.S. Picture credit goes to the respective owner of Google Maps.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata-screenshot_20190506211758.png  

NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 21:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of day ago while on Kalyani By Pass, I refueled from a Reliance Pump.
Where exactly on Kalyani expressway was this? Asking because I don't think there's any Reliance bunk on the expressway between Barrackpore (Wireless More) and Birati. It'd be great to know about a Reliance bunk nearby, since I've only heard positive reviews about their fuel quality.

Quote:
Now coming to the main point of fuel. Majority of my refueling is done from a HP COCO Pump & compare to Reliance given diesel, the car felt bit smoother & tab more responsive. Difference is negligible but a regular driver of the same car should definitely notice the same at least.
This is what I was talking about. It has been mentioned previously on the forum that the fuel quality at Reliance/Shell (and a couple of other names I can't recollect now) pumps are better than the others.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 21:59   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Where exactly on Kalyani expressway was this? Asking because I don't think there's any Reliance bunk on the expressway between Barrackpore (Wireless More) and Birati. It'd be great to know about a Reliance bunk nearby, since I've only heard positive reviews about their fuel quality.
You are right, there are no Reliance Pump between the stretch of BKP and Birati but Kalyani bypass do run till Kalyani itself and this pump is right in middle of this BKP & Kalyani stretch. I think the area is Shyamnagar. Kindly refer to the below Google Maps link for the exact location.

https://goo.gl/maps/shAyhJnqVR1GA5HV6

Quote:
This is what I was talking about. It has been mentioned previously on the forum that the fuel quality at Reliance/Shell (and a couple of other names I can't recollect now) pumps are better than the others.
Actually my car was below quarter tank and I may have made it back to home before the needle hitting the red mark but this urge of testing Reliance fuel made me go for a refuel.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 22:08   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I think the area is Shyamnagar.
I just checked and you're right. It's in Shyamnagar. Guess now I'll travel 11kms one way from my house for some good quality fuel

Quote:
Actually my car was below quarter tank and I may have made it back to home before the needle hitting the red mark but this urge of testing Reliance fuel made me go for a refuel.

Thanks.
Good decision! I have the habit of checking up on the availability of Reliance pumps on my route if I'm going on a long drive. You should do it too, from the next time. Keeps the car healthy, and a happy car leads to a happy mind!
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 23:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Off topic,

Thanks
Bharat Petroleum pumps, large one's, stock System-D on a regular basis. Available in bottle or sachets, whichever you prefer. IndianOil & Hindustan Petroleum pumps usually do not keep System-D.
Alternatively, IndianOil has an equivalent additive which my friend uses in his diesel Ertiga with no ill effects on the car.

Diesel additives usually prove to be useful when your diesel powered steed has racked up mileages north of 60-70k on the odo. Our family Indica Vista is being fed System-D ever since it crossed 60k & she's happily purring along. I usually combine the System-D diet with every 8k cleaning of the EGR valve to keep things nice, clean & smooth.
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 23:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
From my experience in Kolkata so far the Bharat Petroleum pump near Kalikapur on the Anwar Shah Bypass Connector is best.
Hi Saikat, that's the second endorsement of this pump on the thread. I generally fill up from the IOCL pump on the same road (mainly because the BP one always seems more busy), but will give the Bharat Petroleum one a try now. Do you know if BP has a rewards card program similar to IOCL Xtra rewards?
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 00:34   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi Saikat, that's the second endorsement of this pump on the thread. I generally fill up from the IOCL pump on the same road (mainly because the BP one always seems more busy), but will give the Bharat Petroleum one a try now. Do you know if BP has a rewards card program similar to IOCL Xtra rewards?
BP to my knowledge does not have a loyalty program like IOCL. However after the IOCL loyalty cards were issued I was actually staying adhered to IOCL pumps for quite some time until I realised that many IOCL pumps were denying granting points citing reasons as to whether the rewards machine is out of order or they do not have a machine at all to grant me rewards points. In the former case I visited back the same pump (Newtown bus stand ) once or twice with the bill citing to grant me the points and yes they did, but realised I cannot keep doing this. I even wrote on Twitter page of IOCL with copy of the receipt and the name of the pump who denied, no one ever gave me a response. So decided to put IOCL reward program behind and be my usual self again. 90% I stick to the BP unless in some urgency. 10% more FE seemed better deal than IOCL rewards.
haisaikat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 14:47   #88
BHPian

Folks from Kolkata, is there a COCO petrol pump near to Salt Lake area?
Old 11th October 2022, 10:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Folks, any updates on COCO pumps at Kolkata? South or East Kolkata? Most of the info here is 3 years plus so I'm sure it would be outdated now
Old 11th October 2022, 11:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Folks, any updates on COCO pumps at Kolkata? South or East Kolkata? Most of the info here is 3 years plus so I'm sure it would be outdated now
There is a BPCL Ladies COCO Pump opposite Command Hospital and adjoining Horticulture Garden wall. I kid you not, that is the actual name of the station as it is operated by female staff.

I have always had a decent experience here while refuelling and get atleast 5-10% higher efficiency even compared to IOCL COCO pumps.
They are quite busy during evening office hours but the staff are pretty efficient and ensure quick movement.

There's one 'claimed' IOCL COCO pump right next to Ideal Towers on Diamond Harbour Road. It has a board that reads COCO but the invoice provided by them reads a private name. Also, it is in a really shabby condition by COCO standards. Avoid!
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks