Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 19:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
+1
I would NOT recommend:
- The pump at Ruby crossing (it's either HP or BP, that has a Subway attached). Poor service, fuel quality is suspect
- The pump between DLF and Home Town in Rajarhat
All our office cars and even mine mostly get it filled from there.No matter my car gives less FE.
NHC 7-8.
ANHC 8-9
But my car also moves in bumper to bumper traffic.

The Theatre Road HP Pump is really good.Civic and Innova give around 12 when filled from there.The place isnt dirty too.
Old 10th May 2011, 19:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

As a rule of thumb, I NEVER tank up from bunks where 3 wheelers frequent.
Old 10th May 2011, 21:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance but can any one please explain where the Theatre Rd Petrol pump exactly is? Many of you seem to like it.
Old 10th May 2011, 23:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Pardon my ignorance but can any one please explain where the Theatre Rd Petrol pump exactly is? Many of you seem to like it.
Its on AJC Bose road-Theatre Road Crossing.Just before Lexus Motors.The Huge HP Pump on the corner.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

The DLF pump also stocks only premium petrol !

And Anirban you're right. Theirs is the only place where tyre valve problems seem to crop up whenever I have a puncture. I'm sure I got 'duped' twice into replacing valves. And they charge 80, whereas propah tyre shops on VIP road charge 60 for a tubeless puncture repair.

But then to be fair, the tyre repair service is not provided by the pump I guess. It's just a shack adjacent to the premises.
Old 11th May 2011, 19:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
The DLF pump also stocks only premium petrol !

And Anirban you're right. Theirs is the only place where tyre valve problems seem to crop up whenever I have a puncture. I'm sure I got 'duped' twice into replacing valves. And they charge 80, whereas propah tyre shops on VIP road charge 60 for a tubeless puncture repair.

But then to be fair, the tyre repair service is not provided by the pump I guess. It's just a shack adjacent to the premises.
For tyre repairs I trust the one opposite Wipro adjacent to the pump on the saltlake side of the culvert.
I think tyre repair service shacks are either owned by the pump owner himself or they have a "cut money" relationship.
Old 11th May 2011, 22:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Its on AJC Bose road-Theatre Road Crossing.Just before Lexus Motors.The Huge HP Pump on the corner.
Oh!! Thanks now I get it.
Old 12th May 2011, 01:01   #23
BHPian

I mostly used to fill from New Alipore HP - Petrol Pump (en-route to office), Taratolla IOC (Babu da'r pump), Kasba IOC (Highly Recommended by Sasurji - Loyal IOC employee) and rarely from the Theater Road HP (when I would visit that area).

In Bangalore, there is a IOC pump next to Suncity (where I live) so mostly I fill there. Occasionally fill at the Brookfield HP Pump (again en-route to office). I also need to visit this pump to fill nitro for my tires.
Old 15th May 2011, 17:46   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I use my office car during Kolkata trips. The filling is done at the petrol pump on the Camac Street just off AJC Bose Road. Its to the left when we go from AJC Bose Road towards Park Street.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
THe BP bunk at Ruby Hospital crossing. That is the only place I fill up after having tried quite a few.
????

And yes, the outlet near Wipro in Salt Lake does not serve good quality fuel
Quote:
+1

Another one I would recommend: IOC in Kasba, on Ruby Connector (opposite Siemens).

I would NOT recommend:
- The pump at Ruby crossing (it's either HP or BP, that has a Subway attached). Poor service, fuel quality is suspect
+1 to the above.
The BP bunk at Ruby crossing was shut down by BP for some time because apparently they were selling more fuel than they were being supplied!

It would be nice if we list out all the COCOs in Calcutta.
HP Tinmurti.
IOC Rashbehari connector (the small one one Northern side of road, not the large one on the Southern side)
BP New Town
Any others?

Personally I prefer the BP bunk (Rawdon Auto) on Rawdon Street.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 15th May 2011, 21:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
HP 'company outlet' beside Millennium City at Sector V. Small place but seems to be good. I don't think they stock Power. Have used normal unleaded from them for 2+ years. No issues.
I recently asked the attendants, this is COCO no more. Not sure if they continue to maintain same fuel quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Have always filled up from the small petrol pump beside arsalan just near the start/end of the AJC flyover.
Thats wherein, I fill in, more out of convenience, but havn't faced much of an issue there. Besides the staff is quite cordial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post

Somehow I felt the BP petrol pump near the wipro flyover isnt good (I got lower mileage long back, stopped since then) anyone had a similar experience?
The fuel meter drops faster after filling from this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I always fill from IOC Petrol Pump, Gurusaday Road

Generally donot require to go to other pumps since monthly commute is quite less.
You are talking about Engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post

I do not take from Engineers any more, though I must say they look and feel much more professional than any other pump I have dealt with in Calcutta.
Engineers used to be very good once upon a time. Now it seems the fuel quality isn't that good.

Quote:
+1

Another one I would recommend: IOC in Kasba, on Ruby Connector (opposite Siemens).

I would NOT recommend:

Agree to all three assessments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I use my office car during Kolkata trips. The filling is done at the petrol pump on the Camac Street just off AJC Bose Road. Its to the left when we go from AJC Bose Road towards Park Street.

That was a very reputed pump earlier not sure if the quality remains

However besides all these, my cars run good on fuel from AAEI and on the same road towards Ballygunge there is a HP pump on the right. However for regular filling these are too way off my route.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post

IOC Rashbehari connector (the small one one Northern side of road, not the large one on the Southern side)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077
+1

Which one - getting confused .
Old 15th May 2011, 23:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Which one - getting confused .
Hope this helps:Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata-ioc.jpg
Old 16th May 2011, 00:03   #29
BHPian

Thanks !!

I know that place. I pass through RB connector everyday.

Actually while you recommended this one (I also think this one is reliable) Sutripta has recommended the one on the opposite side which one I never used so far:

Quote:
That's the confusion
Old 16th May 2011, 20:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^^
The smaller IOC bunk (close to Kasba PS) is (was? used to be?) COCO (and functioning during dealer strikes). The bigger one (opposite Siemens) was a normal bunk. No idea whether it's good or bad or whatever.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks