Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata

Are there just two petrol pumps that sell 97 Octane in Calcutta?

BP Ladies Petrol Pump at Alipore and BP Camac Petrol Pump at Camac Street?
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:07   #62
BHPian

Hi all,

My 2 cents on a recent experience. Tanked up diesel (37 lts) in my new Ritz Vdi on 31st of last month from the HP pump in Alipore - beside Woodlands lane. Since then realised the car returning around 11kmpl (instead of 16). Took the car to workshop and got the ECU checked. All was well with the ECU. Finally the Works Manager came up with the theory of adulterated fuel and it was found to be correct. There was Kerosene in Diesel.

Regards,
Saurav
sauravdc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 12:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Giani service station, Jessore Road, near Michael Nagar

Dunno if this counts as trust or not, but when I left my credit card in the payment window couple of weeks earlier and almost left the station, the attendant came running to stop my car and return the card.
I almost exclusively use this station since I bought my car for their no-nonsense approach towards filling, and have nothing to complain about. What I like is that they ask yo uto check zero before filling and stop at autocut to ask you whether to fill additional fuel. I always stop at autocut for FE calculation.

Last edited by blackasta : 30th May 2013 at 12:56.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 12:29   #64
BHPian

Anyone has knowledge of any other trusted petrol pumps between Nagerbazaar and Barasat? Apart from dwaraka service station near Central Jail More and Giani on Jessore Road I don't know of any other pump serving good quality fuel. Earlier the IOC pump near Gouripur on Jessore Road used to serve good petrol but nowadays doesn't keep up to their name. Anyone has any pointers about other pumps serving out good fuel on this route.
Old 6th July 2014, 18:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravdc View Post
Finally the Works Manager came up with the theory of adulterated fuel and it was found to be correct. There was Kerosene in Diesel.
Many of my friends here in kolkata have an impression that Indian Oil chains can only be trusted when it comes to purity.I see most of the bad incidents regarding purity have happened in HP & BP pumps only.
Old 9th July 2014, 10:17   #66
BHPian

There is a BP Company owned pump on the Jadavpur thana - EM Bypass connector, about 300 metres before the EM Bypass (Kalikapur crossing) -- it is on the road when heading towards the bypass. Courteous staff (men and women) and the fuel seems fine. Plus they have an integrated billing machine that saves a minute as well as air top-up facility. I spoke to a few taxi drivers also who vouch for it. Please don't confuse this with an IOC pump 0.5 km before.
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 11:06   #67
BHPian

Dear all there is this BPCL petrol pump near chinar park,rajarhat. I live in this part of the city and whilst travelling through newtown fill up at this pump. This pump is situated on 211 bus route road. If coming from airport towards city centre 2 at chinar park crossing turn left towards rajarhat atghara;about 200metres into the road you'll spot the petrol pump. Fuel quality is quite good and the pump is clean and has good space. However sometimes they run out of regular fuel and force you to fill premium fuel(happened only once to me out of the 50times I've visited them. Would suggest bhpians to try this one if it permits.

Another pump probably IOC/HPCL is located at the Akansha more on newtown MAR. As you cross city centre 2 going towards salt lake the first roundabout known as Akansha more take left to the service road then turn right immediately about 50metres into the road and drive straight you should be able to spot the petrol pump. It is pretty small and neatly hidden and inconspicuous but the quality of petrol they dole out is pretty good. Avoid the assam oil petrol pump on newtown MAR coming towards airport from narkelbagan side just before chinar park crossing. Their quality is good but too lax and give preferences to bikes and other two wheelers rather than cars/trucks.

Another pump I'd highly recommend is the IOCL pump by the name of Dwaraka Service Station situated bang in the front of St. Stephen's School,Dum Dum. It is on the road from airport gate no. 1 towards nagerbazaar on the right hand side. The attendants are prompt and courteous and the fuel quality has been consistently good since the last 10years I've used them. If any bhpian in this part of kolkata has used their service kindly provide some feedback.
tacho9000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 23:19   #68
BHPian

There is a Bharat Petroleum Pump near Unitech in Rajarhat where I fill regularly. No complaints.

And another one will be in Chinar Park - Bharat Petroleum. Dunno but I feel BP/IOC gives better mileage than HP.
Old 11th August 2014, 18:36   #69
BHPian

Jal H. Indorewalla And Sons is an excellent IOCL pump. They are well reputed for purity and quantity. It is located between Chiriamore and CIT stoppage on BT Road (North Kolkata).

Exact address is 33/2, B.T. Road, Kolkata - 700002
Old 15th August 2014, 23:35   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
Jal H. Indorewalla And Sons is an excellent IOCL pump. They are well reputed for purity and quantity. It is located between Chiriamore and CIT stoppage on BT Road (North Kolkata). Exact address is 33/2, B.T. Road, Kolkata - 700002
I stay very close and was a regular there. Do surely recommend it. Still visit them at times. But nowadays I prefer the BP pump almost on the opposite side of the road. I feel that it is also an equally good one and the staffs there are more helpful and courteous.
Old 24th February 2017, 14:55   #71
BHPian

Today I checked out the company-owned-company-operated (COCO) BP Petrol pump in Newtown, near the Tata Medical Centre. The staff there were very courteous, greeted us with huge smiles on their faces.

The significant new information I got is that they fill Nitrogen. This is very convenient for me, since I live nearby. However, they don't have the Speed97 although I am not sure if ever I will need the 97 petrol.

They are open 24 hours - good to know.
asitkde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 17:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Today I checked out the company-owned-company-operated (COCO) BP Petrol pump in Newtown, near the Tata Medical Centre. The staff there were very courteous, greeted us with huge smiles on their faces.

The significant new information I got is that they fill Nitrogen. This is very convenient for me, since I live nearby. However, they don't have the Speed97 although I am not sure if ever I will need the 97 petrol.

They are open 24 hours - good to know.
Yes the service there is quite courteous, I know as I fill from them quite regularly en route or way back from my office at Unitech.
Be aware that in the late evening, there are a lot of trucks filling up in that pump, so you may encounter a traffic jam of sorts.
Also, sometimes they are understaffed and you may have to wait a while for the queue to progress.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 23:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
THe BP bunk at Ruby Hospital crossing. That is the only place I fill up after having tried quite a few.

And yes, the outlet near Wipro in Salt Lake does not serve good quality fuel
Beware of the BP bunk near Ruby. The petrol pump off late has come under a lot of flak because of quality issues.
Old 9th January 2019, 00:02   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
There is a BP Company owned pump on the Jadavpur thana - EM Bypass connector, about 300 metres before the EM Bypass (Kalikapur crossing) -- it is on the road when heading towards the bypass. Courteous staff (men and women) and the fuel seems fine. Plus they have an integrated billing machine that saves a minute as well as air top-up facility. I spoke to a few taxi drivers also who vouch for it. Please don't confuse this with an IOC pump 0.5 km before.
200% agree with you. I stay just few yards from the petrol pump and have been fueling my tanks here for the last 6 years. Staff is good, the women staff chatter a lot and makes mistakes while punching the figures in the card POS.

The Air machine in this pump is absolute bogus and avoid this machine.

This pump had put petrol in my diesel car. The ladies staff was chatting with other ladies and erroneously put petrol in my diesel tank.

Hence if you reach a bay where those ladies are there, make sure that your eyes are fixed on the details.
Old 15th March 2019, 22:57   #75
BHPian

This would be of help to anyone who's passing through Barrackpore on the northern fringes of the city, or lives nearby. Barrackpore Auto Service is an HP bunk on the right hand side just before Barrackpore Chiriamore if you're travelling from Kolkata. We (1 car and 4 bikes) have been filling up from there for as long as I can remember, and have never had any issues with fuel quality or otherwise. There are 4 bunks within a 1km radius of our place (Barrackpore Station), but the HP bunk is the only one we fill up from, hence can vouch for it. It's a fairly large place, and also has an air top-up facility which works from 7:30am to 9pm. A puncture repair guy is also present at the bunk.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks