Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 13:20   #16
BHPian

re: Trusted Petrol Pumps - Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
...You can tell the guy at toll that you wanted to go to Bharat Petroleum to tank up and in most cases he will allow you.(So far nobody said no) . Ensure you take the bill after filling up , so that you can show that as proof @ toll while returning back. .
Thanks for that Alex. I like the idea of not paying the toll for going to fill up. Let me see if it would work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
I guess you got it wrong. Sorry to say that I had an incident couple of months back in Cochin.
Sorry to hear about that incident. I hadnt heard of any so far.

But, how could the attendand have fooled even your dad? Did the guy reset the counter before your dad returned?

I always get an automated print out generated from the filling station. I mention this to the attnedant before he/she starts filling. This ensures that you have got what you paid for. Also this can be used to avail tax exemption by claiming for fuel bills.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 15th June 2011 at 13:26.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Sorry to hear about that incident. I hadnt heard of any so far.

But, how could the attendand have fooled even your dad? Did the guy reset the counter before your dad returned?

I always get an automated print out generated from the filling station. I mention this to the attnedant before he/she starts filling. This ensures that you have got what you paid for. Also this can be used to avail tax exemption by claiming for fuel bills.
When my dad returned, he reset the counter and already started filling up an auto. Since these kind of incidents have never been reported here, my dad trusted his word. But luckily, I was watching the entire show and caught him red handed. Since these are govt run outlets, the people working there were least bothered when I told about the incident. Anyways, stopped going there. The civil supplies near BTH is pretty good. My dad tops the tank there now.

Also, the one at the North end of MG road is pretty good. Avoid the pump right next to Krishna Hospital (Opp Maharaja's College ground, MG road).
Old 12th September 2011, 17:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Thanks for that Alex. I like the idea of not paying the toll for going to fill up. Let me see if it would work for me.
So I did try the option to not pay the toll while going to Iripanam for re fueling. It worked most of the times. Once I was asked to pay 5 rupees and was given a torn receipt.
The BP pump is exceptional. Very courteous lady staff servicing at the pumps. Accurate amount of good quality fuel dispensed. I am very happy to have this pump near my house.
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:02   #19
BHPian

There is one COCO pump on left side just before the North overbridge while coming from Kacherippady side
Old 7th February 2012, 20:25   #20
BHPian

Just recently noted that the 2 pumps on the left side after irumpanam toll are COCO pumps. 1st one is an HP pump and 2nd is an IOC pump. 3rd one , BP on right side is also a COCO.
Soccerfan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 22:59   #21
BHPian

The IOC fuel station just after Ford showroom on the LHS going towards Thrissur is offering free Nitrogen for customers who fill full tank Diesel/Petrol + 1 bottle mineral water.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

The IOC fuel station at Nadakkavu (on the way to Vaikom from Tripunithura). More than 15 years we are utilizing this pump. The Staff and other facilities are excellent. Luckily when I was there for my recent Christmas Vacation they where the only one accepting the Indian Oil Citibank credit cards with-in 15 Kms periphery (my home is just 2km from the pump)

Trusted Petrol Pumps - Cochin-ioc.jpg

Cheers!
Old 8th February 2012, 14:54   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
The IOC fuel station just after Ford showroom on the LHS going towards Thrissur is offering free Nitrogen for customers who fill full tank Diesel/Petrol + 1 bottle mineral water.
Many tyre shops offer free nitrogen topups. Had to pay when they introduced nitrogen but nowadays most shops offer free filling. The initial filling will be charged but topups will be free.
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:10   #24
BHPian

Everything is not hunky dory in Kochi. Yesterday I filled petrol in my thunderbird at the BP Petrol pump after north over bridge towards kacheripady. While returning back to haripad, I noticed after cherthala, the engine started to misfire and the power tapers down intermittently. I went to the Service centere at Alappuzha and they cleaned the carburetor. The service guy told me the problem is with the petrol filled.
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Everything is not hunky dory in Kochi. Yesterday I filled petrol in my thunderbird at the BP Petrol pump after north over bridge towards kacheripady. While returning back to haripad, I noticed after cherthala, the engine started to misfire and the power tapers down intermittently. I went to the Service centere at Alappuzha and they cleaned the carburetor. The service guy told me the problem is with the petrol filled.
Are you talking about the petrol station right opposite Bajaj showroom? I havent used them till now. The one after north bridge towards Kaloor is pretty good.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Are you talking about the petrol station right opposite Bajaj showroom? I havent used them till now. The one after north bridge towards Kaloor is pretty good.
While going towards kacheripady from north over bridge the petrol pump on left side(Bharat Petroleum)
Old 6th March 2013, 21:32   #27
BHPian

My usual re-fueling spots are-

1) Unity Fuels at Edapally Toll- just before the Edapally Byepass (been buying from them for years)
2) The BP pump near Pathadipalam right after the Ford Showroom (better service for refilling air in tyres).

Never had any real issues with either of them.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:08   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I always fill diesel from the BP pump near Kundannoor junction. It comes on your right as you go towards Maradu from Kundannoor Jn, approximately 300 metres from the junction. The pump is good and reliable.

No freebies yet though (like nitrogen top ups or mineral water)
Old 27th May 2013, 20:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I always fill diesel from the BP pump near Kundannoor junction. It comes on your right as you go towards Maradu from Kundannoor Jn, approximately 300 metres from the junction. The pump is good and reliable.

No freebies yet though (like nitrogen top ups or mineral water)
I generally use the first IOC pump on the way from BMC to Kakkanad (Seaport-Airport Road).

@Dhanush: Freebies are more often than not "on demand". 2 weeks back, I asked for freebies after a top -up at an IOC pump in Kottayam. The guy went back and returned with 2 bottles of mineral water
Old 27th May 2013, 20:21   #30
BHPian

The newly re-opened BP pump at Padamugal, is now company owned and operated, it is opp. Hotel Hill View and seems to be doing a good job, although not equipped with any extra facilities they get the job done, clean and correct fuel.

Most Viewed