Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Old 18th March 2020, 12:02   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You mean the one near Vinayaka? If so, I used to regular there (few years back) but stopped as it gets pretty crowded and moreover, it's not enroute.

But will definitely try this odd numbers in other petrol pumps and see if this statement is true.

As for the findings, it was based on a WA forward that was circulating many months back. Few of colleagues do follow this and confirm that they too notice some difference. Guess there are many videos on YouTube as well. I think it's because they have preset these round figures (500, 1000, 2000) and they just press the desired button (quantity is already set a bit low in all these configurations). When we demand an odd number, they will have to manually enter the amount so we get the fuel as per the amount entered as it's not preset. This is the theory as per the WA but guess it's true .

To give an example, when I filled for 1000, the car ran for around 170 kms. When I topped for 1050, it ran for 225 kms (same route, same time, same conditions). These are just approx values but atleast there's some difference.
Yes, the BPCL one at the junction of KK road and Subhash Chandra Bose one.

I always do a full tank and whenever the fuel dispenser automatically cuts off, I get it topped up to the nearest 50 or 100 (whichever is next). So I guess I am getting more fuel as per the logic of the whatsapp forward, I wont complain!

Most Viewed