Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 14:49   #1
BHPian

Trusted Petrol Pumps - Cochin

I did not see a post disucssing the trusted petrol/diesel outlets in Cochin. Cochin guys please pour in your suggestions.

I have experience with the bunk right after SN junction on the way to Palarivattom from Aluva. I have filled there few times during my Cochin trips.

Now that I am based in Cochin, I need to find a good pump close to Kakkanad and stick with it. How good is the COCO pump near Ambalamugal. Are there any others in the vicinity?
basilmabraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 18:33   #2
BHPian

re: Trusted Petrol Pumps - Cochin

I'm glad that you've started this thread.

There is a COCO pump on Seaport-Airport road; I'm not sure if you are referring to this.

Since I'm located at Kadavanthara, I fill from Civil Supplies pump near DH Ground and another Civil Supplies pump near Ravipuram next to Air India office, M.G. Road.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 14th June 2011, 19:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I'm glad that you've started this thread.

Since I'm located at Kadavanthara, I fill from Civil Supplies pump near DH Ground and another Civil Supplies pump near Ravipuram next to Air India office, M.G. Road.

Regards,
Jose.
Is the pump near Ravipuram, the one where you take a left to the DH road?
Old 14th June 2011, 20:08   #4
J.Ravi

My FIAT Linea had tankful of petrol at IOCL Civil Supplies Corporation pump next to BTH at Gandhi Square, Durbar Hall Road, Ernakulam, near Subhash Bose Park on 23 April 2011, thanks to Sunney, who guided me to this pump.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th June 2011 at 20:12.

Old 14th June 2011, 20:34   #5
BHPian

The IBP pump near Edapally Toll (jus before you turn into byepass) is a very good pump. Have been filling fuel from there for years now. Excellent service.

Adi
aditya.86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 20:39   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh.. has the Cochin pumps turned so bad and unreliable, that we need this thread?. Are there any fraud incidents in Cochin pumps?. Like in Bangalore, where they do not fill in for the requested amount?

Coming to the topic, how is the BP pump on the right side of Pathadipalam(?) just after the Ford showroom?
Old 14th June 2011, 21:00   #7
BHPian

There are 3 pumps in a row on seaport-airport road between Bharath Mata college and Kakkand. I used to fill diesel from one of these pumps and never observed any issues.
Old 14th June 2011, 21:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Oh.. has the Cochin pumps turned so bad and unreliable, that we need this thread?. Are there any fraud incidents in Cochin pumps?. Like in Bangalore, where they do not fill in for the requested amount?

Coming to the topic, how is the BP pump on the right side of Pathadipalam(?) just after the Ford showroom?
The one right after the Ford showroom is good. Have been there many times. Almost everyone who has been there has never had any issues of any sort.

Adi
aditya.86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 00:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

I usually fill from the BP pump on Seaport-Airport road, opposite Bharat Matha college. Never had any issues there.
Old 15th June 2011, 07:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Is the pump near Ravipuram, the one where you take a left to the DH road?
Kiran, I'm not sure of the location you've mentioned. This pump is near Ravipuram, almost opposite to Sony World and near Domino's Pizza.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 15th June 2011, 07:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
fill from Civil Supplies pump near DH Ground

Regards,
Jose.
Yes that has been a regular pump to me too. opens at about 0645 and close at about 2000. i fill up at about 1930 hrs from there and regualrly see the 320d of diwaniya furnishings there. a lot of people make this their regular pump.
Old 15th June 2011, 09:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
No no, there are no fraud incidents or malpractices reported in Cochin. I just wanted to know where fellow t-bhpians fill up and wanted to find the best out of the lot. I have never had any issues with any pumps, let alone in Cochin. Just that I want the best for the money spent.

Thanks all for the contributions. I will try one of the pumps near BMC on the Seaport-Airport road.
Old 15th June 2011, 10:18   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
No no, there are no fraud incidents or malpractices reported in Cochin. I just wanted to know where fellow t-bhpians fill up and wanted to find the best out of the lot. I have never had any issues with any pumps, let alone in Cochin. Just that I want the best for the money spent.

Thanks all for the contributions. I will try one of the pumps near BMC on the Seaport-Airport road.
I guess you got it wrong. Sorry to say that I had an incident couple of months back in Cochin.

This happened to the same pump that many are discussing. This is the Civil supplies pump at Ravipuram. Me and dad went to fill the car for 1000/-. I was driving the car and my dad got out and asked the guy to fill it up for 1000/-. He thought my dad was driving the car and didnt notice me sitting inside. Dad went to the office to give the card and he started filling up the tank. After me being in Bangalore for a year and having experiencing the pumps there, I just kept looking at the meter. He suddenly stopped at 700/- and took the nozzle out. I noticed this and waited for my dad to arrive just to see what he would say to my dad. When he arrived, the guy said he filled the tank for 1000/-. I immediately got out and asked him to fill the gas for the remaining 300/-. He kept saying that he filled the tank for 1000/-. After I shouted at him he admitted that he filled only for 700/-. Went to report to manager but he was least bothered.

Nowadays, I fill from the pump at Kaloor - Kadavanthara road. Pretty good but crowded at times.

BTW, any reliable pumps on Kadavathara - MG Road stretch (Till Shenoys).

Last edited by naveen.raju : 15th June 2011 at 10:20.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 11:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I did not see a post disucssing the trusted petrol/diesel outlets in Cochin. Cochin guys please pour in your suggestions.

I have experience with the bunk right after SN junction on the way to Palarivattom from Aluva. I have filled there few times during my Cochin trips.

Now that I am based in Cochin, I need to find a good pump close to Kakkanad and stick with it. How good is the COCO pump near Ambalamugal. Are there any others in the vicinity?
Basil , I normally fill up from Bharat Petroleum (its COCO operated)which is located on right hand side (while goin towards thripunithura) just after the Irumpanam toll .
Used to fill up diesel from reliance outlet just opposite to technopolis, but after reliance increased the diesel prices (its 48 instead of 41) I started tanking up from BP. You can tell the guy at toll that you wanted to go to Bharat Petroleum to tank up and in most cases he will allow you.(So far nobody said no) . Ensure you take the bill after filling up , so that you can show that as proof @ toll while returning back.

Regards
Alex.
alexpaul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 11:50   #15
BHPian

i never had any bad experience from any petrol pumps in cochin. In fact i normally fill the petrol from the hp pump near the kairali ford showroom..there's a petrol pump near padhalam near the punjabi dhaba and lorry terminal which've heard some good reviews as it's a direct outlet

Most Viewed