Team-BHP - Independent Garage - TuneUp - KPHB, Hyderabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Independent Garage - TuneUp - KPHB, Hyderabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/103202-independent-garage-tuneup-kphb-hyderabad.html)

TuneUp the name it self suggests that your car will be tuned to perfection. I am not talking about the modifying your car or pimping with the power or anything to move it fast. I am talking about competent people who will take care of your car to the last part of it. The partners are very passionate about the car that’s why so many people trust them, I think every other car carries the sticker on its rear which reads Tune up in shape of a car. That proves that the people believe in them more than their respective Service Centers.

Services Offered:

General Service, Accident repairs/Denting/Painting apart from serving end to end solutions like Insurance and the claim part of it.

What I like:

-Owners and Partners are passionate about the service (They were part of MASS some time back)
-The owners take your car for short test ride to come up with issues and also to take your concerns seriously (That is there USP,not a service engineer as it with the MASS).
-Reasonable Price/Value for money (They charge it for what they do unlike Service Centers who charge without doing anything)
-Genuine Spare Parts, I have checked there stock house

What I don't like:

- Approach road to the service center is narrow
- They take little time (They do their job perfectly) Not a dislike but might be difficult if you don't have alternate vehicle

Quality rating:

9 / 10 (Justification at the end of the post)

Pricing:

Reasonable. They charge it for what they do and not like most Service Centers where they just wash your car and do few adjustments and give you back without solving most of the complaints.

Speciality / USP:
-Even I have seen some of the Cabbies in their workshop which indicates the level of confidence the people have on those guys.
-Other day I saw Volvo XC90 for small paint job/Buffing probably so they can handle any car
- Inhouse Insurance Agent (Renewal)

Contact Information:

Name of the contact: Kiran/R.B.Raju
Mobile: 9246545577
Address: 2-22298/1/B, Behind Padmavathi Plaza,Back side of KPHB Bus stop
( lane which leads to ADDA Bar and Restaurant), Kukatpally Housing Board,
Hyderabad - 500072

Why I recommend:

I have a swift Zxi which has completed 4 Years/50K Km and had gone through service for many times at Maruti Service Centers and none of them gave a satisfaction in terms of doing a great job. I always left my car at MASS in the morning and by evening I used to pick it up. I used to test drive after the service it looked to be fine but within a week the rattling and other noise used to start, the car never felt that it was service last week. So I lost all the hope to get it back to perfect condition and I was looking for a competent garage which will fix my car right. I inquired one of the guy whom I trust a lot and who is one of the car detailers close to my home and he suggested me this workshop. And since then I started observing the back of the lots of car having this workshops sticker pasted on their rear windshield. That made me think, if so many people have belief in this workshop, I should give it a try. I fixed an appointment with Kiran who is one of the partners and visited their workshop. Kiran along with his mechanic went for a short drive to figure out all the issues. I complained about the Steering Column shake which I was getting from the steering whenever the car passed over a pothole. And they also came up with a list saying that there was some other noise which is coming from the front windshield. I left my car with them for next 3 days since I was not in a hurry (I am also commuting to my office by Bicycle) and asked them to take their own time and give me a satisfactory job. When I went back and when I went for a test drive, I couldn't believe that my vehicle has been done so perfectly that there is no single instance of noise coming from the car for the short test(2KM) drive it took. I came back to workshop and thanked both Kiran/Raju who did a splendid job. The car has done almost 3500KM which included one 600KM drive and the car still feels as if it is new. And after that I have suggested this garage for lots of my friends/Relatives/colleagues who are also satisfied. I think when you drive in Hyderabad and when you see a sticker TuneUp, you will remember how many people believe these guys who are doing an excellent job. Keep it up -- TUNE UP.

Hey sorry for bumping this old thread. Has anyone tried this place recently? There is a Fiesta of a friend that needs reboring to be done and is looking to get this done by an independent garage. The car is 2006 TDCI model done 150000 kms on the odo. Inputs from fellow Hyderabad Bhpians would be useful.

On another note, are there any other Independant garages nearby Gachibowli, Kondapur etc which you guys visited and have any reviews. I started a new thread regarding this some days ago since there was no comprehensive Independnt garage review thread for Hyderabad. But it was deleted citing reasons of repetition. Need your help as my car is out of warranty and I want to try out some new places as I am fed up of Hyundai service

These guys were good at one point of time. They are not very reliable now. They are more focused on making money now. They charged me as muc as M.A.S.S to fix a clutch on my Maruti 800. They don't deliver the car as quoted simply because tey take more cars than they can handle in a period of time.

The location for this garage has changed. It is now in Hydernagar opposite (200m ahead) to Gem Motors.
I have been to this garage couple of times and have been very much impressed by their quality of work.I would highly recommend this garage.
The only slight negative as mentioned earlier is that they have started taking more cars then they can handle. But atleast you get the right suggestions with reasonable charges.

One of my friends have been visiting this service center for his Polo. He is also very impressed by the quality of work. I am told he gives good and proper advice and does not jump to conclusions especially around repairing/replacing parts. He takes some time, goes for test drives and conducts proper evaluation of the fault at hand. The workmanship is also good.

Hi guys,

I am looking to do a minor but critical engine related work on my Swift ZDi.

How good are they and has anyone visited these guys recently?

I'll be needing the vehicle back the same day though so efficient plus fast job completion is what I am looking at.

PS: If not this garage any other recommendations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4204089)
Hi guys,

I am looking to do a minor but critical engine related work on my Swift ZDi.

How good are they and has anyone visited these guys recently?

I'll be needing the vehicle back the same day though so efficient plus fast job completion is what I am looking at.

PS: If not this garage any other recommendations?

On the last couple of occasions, I have been to Shah Motors within BHEL campus at Lingampally. The owner is very good in his diagnosis and discourages any repair/replacement unless necessary. The garage is not very hi-tech but they do have a lot of cars coming in.

They also wash and clean cars and I have used this service several times without complain.

https://www.justdial.com/Hyderabad/S...813-U6C2_BZDET

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 4204105)
On the last couple of occasions, I have been to Shah Motors within BHEL campus at Lingampally.

As this area is on the way to work, I'll not mind trying him.

Hope he is reliably quick and doesn't charge a bomb and does have the knowledge on diesel engines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4204109)
As this area is on the way to work, I'll not mind trying him.

Hope he is reliably quick and doesn't charge a bomb and does have the knowledge on diesel engines.

He has a lot of cars in his garage but upon request, he gets the work done quickly. And his charges are significantly less than MASS (Sai Service in the same area), which has been my benchmark in Hyderabad.

I remember seeing Swift diesels being worked upon in the garage. Be careful of one thing, he doesn't like repair/changing parts if they are working fine even if it is mandated according to the service manual. You might have to force him under certain scenarios.

Hi all
Good day
I have been contemplating with an idea of getting some work done on my 6year old alto which includes:
1 Power steering sensor changed.
2 Body dent removal abd paint touchups.
3 Front lower arm and suspensions repair
4 Silencer repair
5 General service.
I would like to know if they are still as good as they used to be.
Regards
Sushil narayanana

Any latest update about this garage? One of my friend is looking for a good FNG to service his WagonR and while doing a search I stumbled upon this thread.