Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 08:46   #46
BHPian

Re: 24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
They even asked me to drop there for a free checkup since I told them I would be going a long drive. Never experienced that at any other service station. Planning to go there this month for a checkup.
They offered to pick up my car from MGF Hyundai and finish the alignment job. Never heard too. But I preferred to take the car myself. They did not charge me a single extra rupee for the valves I fitted. Only canvassing they attempted was telling me" Sir,we are open 24 hrs" and smiling(which is very rare now-a-days)

OT:@basilmabraham- have you filled N2 in your new i10 too? DBS will be ideal.

Last edited by charthom : 16th September 2011 at 08:52.
Old 17th September 2011, 23:13   #47
BHPian

Took my car to DBS today-felt the car vibrates a bit,wanted to have the wheel alignment checked.

They test drove the car,lifted it up,removed one wheel assembly. Reasoned that a spacer ring is missing between the wheel and the body which could induce vibrations. This ring is not available in the market right now. Advised me where to get it from. Declined my suggestion to check the balance/alignment,re-assuring that it will not help. Topped up N2.Total charges-0.0!!

My problem still persists-but I am thoroughly impressed with their professionalism.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:00   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to get N2 topped up. On seeing the crowd I thought I would leave. But the service technicians came near me and asked me to park the car behind another vehicle that was being checked. The place was crowded and told him that I just want to top up N2. He immediately drove another car out and asked me to pull over to top up. He filled it up and gave me a smile. Dibin/Vibin (forgot his name) approached me and asked how my car was doing after the alignment. I expressed my good experience with them and said that I would return later this month for the next checkup.

I have been to many places for N2 top up and many showed no interest. But DBS welcomed me and did the work. Good to see the place crowded. Great work guys.

@basil - As charthom had mentioned, this is an ideal place to get N2 filled up.

BTW, spotted a White Figo outside DBS with Tbhp stickers. I waited near the car to see if anyone would show up. But no one did. I didnt see anyone in the waiting room either. So clicked the snap and left. I have posted the pic here. Who are you?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2529871
Old 14th November 2011, 17:49   #49
BHPian

can anybody please suggest a good workshop in Cochin where I can go for minor repairs/oil change for my Swift diesel. I do not want to go to the dealer workshops because they are such a rip-off!
Old 17th November 2011, 04:52   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks2010 View Post
can anybody please suggest a good workshop in Cochin where I can go for minor repairs/oil change for my Swift diesel. I do not want to go to the dealer workshops because they are such a rip-off!
Where all have you tried. At autoteam if you meet Rajan Sir, he usually gives guidance based on what you require. Try that out. if not its going to be trial and error.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:18   #51
BHPian

Took my car to DBS on Wednesday night for wheel alignment, wheel balancing and N2 top-up.

Experience in one word - 'Excellent’.

I have not been to a tire shop run in this professional manner. The work done on the car was really good. Started off with a test drive to check any defects and also to understansd if I have any complaints. This is the first time I am getting a test drive before alignment from a tire shop. I was impressed.

Vipin, the mechanic knew exactly what he was doing. On the way explained to me the whole process of wheel alignment. Also explained specific details about the Fiesta alignment options.

Back at the shop, the car is immediately put on the lift. All tires come off, get topped up with N2 and goes back on the car. All done in about 5 minutes, tire rotation included. Car came off the lift, parked on the alignment bay, quickly geared up for the alignment. Vipin showed extreme care when handling the car interiors. He did not leave any marks, but sure did leave a mark in my head. People like him can make any shabby workshop great. Alignment done, car came off the bay. We went on another test drive and Vipin ensured all is well.

Balancing was not done, as it seemed this was not necessary. I was impressed again to see that the shop did not force any work on me, where they really could have. All this happened after 9.30 pm on a Wednesday. I am surely impressed.

Anyone wanting to get wheel alignment, balancing etc. done professionally in Cochin, this is a place that should not be missed.

PS: The guys were not done, they had at least another 3 cars waiting. I was also surprised to see many taxi/tourist vehicles gettind alignment done. I hardly saw these guys spend time/money at tire shops.
Old 6th December 2011, 17:11   #52
BHPian

Where do I get the best offer for bridgestone tyres in kochi. Is DBS a good option?
Old 6th December 2011, 17:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Where do I get the best offer for bridgestone tyres in kochi. Is DBS a good option?
Try New Bharat Pitstop at bypass. When I was scouting stock was not available and I had to go for Yokos. But prices are competitive. Another point to be noted is that guys who offers lower prices may compensate with their balancing and alignment rates. So compare in toto and then bargain.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if they will have the best rates because everyone will have their margins, but just ask them and see. You never know if they have some season special offer! I will vouch for their service in wheel alignment and balancing though. So far I have gone there three times now and they have taken care of me very fast and with excellent service
Old 8th December 2011, 02:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Try New Bharat Pitstop at bypass. When I was scouting stock was not available and I had to go for Yokos. But prices are competitive. Another point to be noted is that guys who offers lower prices may compensate with their balancing and alignment rates. So compare in toto and then bargain.
oh. please stay away from pitstop / new bharath. they had ruined my car once..

read here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...op-cochin.html
Old 8th December 2011, 04:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
oh. please stay away from pitstop / new bharath. they had ruined my car once.
I had gone their twice. There is a lot of rush in the evenings and that could cause delays. Alignment done on my cars was OK though the charges are high. The owner is always available and appeared customer oriented.
I was not knowing your bad experience; missed your post earlier.
Old 8th December 2011, 11:43   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
oh. please stay away from pitstop / new bharath. they had ruined my car once..

read here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...op-cochin.html
I had a similar poor experience with them and then stopped going there after it.. DBS has changed my perception of what it means to be the owner of a car, even though its only a swift!
Old 8th December 2011, 11:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Try Speed Tyres on your Left after the Vytilla Junction (600-700m) towards Kundanoor.

I got a set of 4 Yoko A Drives for my Palio from there 2 months back. They gave me the best price and the service was quick & efficient.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...res-kochi.html

NB: There are some freebies from all companies. For a set of 4 Michelin is providing a free Samsung (Entry level) Mobile phone, Yokohama gives a Jabra Bluetooth headset, Bridgestone is giving some Seat Pillows & Apollo too has some freebie on offer.

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 8th December 2011 at 12:09.
Old 9th December 2011, 22:33   #59
BHPian

Great experience from DBS today. The mechanic Dileep is very knowledgeable and was willing to explain many minute details. fast and efficient. hope they will keep up the good work. Stay away from New Bharath. next best in kochi would be speed tyres and global tyres.
Old 18th December 2011, 18:05   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Another great day at DBS. Went in for alignment and technician Vipin greeted me took my car to check for any defects. I wanted to do wheel balancing too but he recommended me to do the alignment alone this time. He checked the car and asked me whether I did the alignment after my Blore trip (he remembers everything since I had gone few months back).
Got the alignment done, topped the car with N2 and after having a satisfying time with them, got myself a bottle of Formula 1 Car shampoo from there.

Great work guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks