Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 20:40   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin

Try Speed Tyres on your Left after the Vytilla Junction (600-700m) towards Kundanoor.

I got a set of 4 Yoko A Drives for my Palio from there 2 months back. They gave me the best price and the service was quick & efficient.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...res-kochi.html

NB: There are some freebies from all companies. For a set of 4 Michelin is providing a free Samsung (Entry level) Mobile phone, Yokohama gives a Jabra Bluetooth headset, Bridgestone is giving some Seat Pillows & Apollo too has some freebie on offer.
Bought bridgestone tyres from new bharat today. I didn't want to go there but the tyres I was looking for (turanza er60) was out of stock at DBS and speed tyres. Since I took half day off for this purpose, I was very keen to get this done today itself. It cost me 4300 per tyre after some tough bargaining. DBS quoted 4350.
As usual, new bharat was crowded and it took them more than a hour to complete the job. Their approach is lousy and arrogant.
I did this purchase only because I was in a hurry and didn't want to waste my leave. I won't recommend this place even if they offer slightly lesser price.
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:45   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Bought bridgestone tyres from new bharat today. I didn't want to go there but the tyres I was looking for (turanza er60) was out of stock at DBS and speed tyres. Since I took half day off for this purpose, I was very keen to get this done today itself. It cost me 4300 per tyre after some tough bargaining. DBS quoted 4350.
As usual, new bharat was crowded and it took them more than a hour to complete the job. Their approach is lousy and arrogant.
I did this purchase only because I was in a hurry and didn't want to waste my leave. I won't recommend this place even if they offer slightly lesser price.
True, New bharath is not the best place to shop. Although they provided me with Yoko S Drives for 3.9 a set it was a good buy but the service was really really bad. I was in DBS this sunday and they said that they would deal mainly in bridgestone and in few months time they would bring in Yoko too. Although they have yokos, it's few in numbers. Once they have in full stock, am sure they would do well. But am amazed to see the number of people showing up in new bharath. Might be due to the fact that they advertise the brand and have more outlets.
Anyways, i hope that DBS will do well. They deserve it. Really amazed to see the skilled technicians. They know the stuff really well!
Old 8th February 2012, 07:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

Went to this place after shift end at about 3.45. Vipin was the mechanic there and he was efficient enough to get the wobbling resolved. The car is much more stabler now.

Excellent. Recommended place for alignment.
Old 8th April 2012, 01:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Wanted a tyre on the evening of yesterday (7th). This thread helped to get phone number of DBS but alas, they are closed till Tuesday. Requirement was urgent as has to proceed to Trivandrum today. Finally got from Tyrex as they were open. The problem is they have only hankook and continental.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:15   #65
BHPian

How do you guys compare DBS with Global tyres at Palarivattom? I am a regular at Global after changing my tyres to Michelins, but lately their service seems to be not upto the mark.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
How do you guys compare DBS with Global tyres at Palarivattom? I am a regular at Global after changing my tyres to Michelins, but lately their service seems to be not upto the mark.
DBS and Tyrex are open 24x7, so they claims. But yesterday night, Global and DBS were closed and Tyrex was open.

What I observed at Tyrex is as hereunder;
Only couple of brands available. I doubt this as a ploy to sell non moving stock at night when the customer is in dire need.
Alignment is done in a haste with out precision too.
Credit card reader faulty which made me wander in search of ATMs in the thick of night.
In spite of all these staff was mild.

Last edited by rajeev k : 8th April 2012 at 08:50.
Old 8th April 2012, 14:27   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have tried many tyre shops in Cochin and feel DBS is the best of the lot. Havent done any recent tyre purchase, but when talking about the alignment/balancing and customer service, DBS stands out. The technicians are well trained and they suggest what needs to be done rather than squeezing money from customers.
DBS may look like they have lesser tyre models and stock but when I talked to the owner he said they would bring in all model from Yokohama and be the authorized dealers.

For alignment/balancing, I would recommend DBS anyday. I will have to change my tires in a couple of months so will be talking to them whether they can source Yokos for me.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 01:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Wanted a tyre on the evening of yesterday (7th). This thread helped to get phone number of DBS but alas, they are closed till Tuesday. Requirement was urgent as has to proceed to Trivandrum today. Finally got from Tyrex as they were open. The problem is they have only hankook and continental.
I had seen these threads the past few days and I assumed that like all tyre alignment companies, these guys are going down too. However today I had to take my brother in laws honda city for alignment since I was driving it down back to Bangalore. They were open and I had gone there at 9pm and they did it for me by 9:30 pm. Excellent service as usual and they were very courteous.Being Monday, I was curious how did their customer get the feeling they would open only on Tuesday?

So I did ask them about this Tuesday only opening thing and they said that was not the case. The security guy was overhearing it and I guess got very worried that because of him DBS got a bad review .

He spent his next 15 minutes explaining to me and he said Rajeev for all the difficulty you were facing, you had been extremely polite. I was surprised to see a Security sympathize with the customer! Thats a first for me. Normally they would blame the customer to being bad mouthed or crap and so he is not responsible.

I did ask them about their 24/7 part and they said they do face a bit difficulty running a 24/7 operation on Public Holidays which are important for religious purposes, because unlike the bigger companies out there they run on very tight margins and so simply cant hire too many people to get these covered and they also need to take care of their employees,employers and their families religious sentiments.. so they are still trying to think how they can get their customers to know when they are closed for such days.

Any innovative idea guys that could help them address this? I was suggesting they should have some kind of Open/Close sign setup which can be seen from the road just to help customers know of those days. Maybe even a sign saying open 360/365 days might be a good idea.. but its an interesting problem to have...

Last edited by chakky : 10th April 2012 at 01:27. Reason: Forgot to put clarity in the dates.
chakky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 21:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

I went to DBS yesterday and bought 2 tires for my Alto as it developed abnormal wobbling induced vibrations. The OE Apollo Amazers did well for about 43K and has still lot of safety in those but has abruptly lost shape. My wife was using the car and I drove it after about 10 days and noticed the defect which I had not taken seriously though wifey was complaining for last three days.

Bought Bridgestones and did alignment and is satisfied with what Cahakky and Naveen were telling.The service was fine though understaffed being Sunday. Not well stocked with many brands too.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th April 2012 at 21:49.
Old 17th April 2012, 10:02   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I went to DBS yesterday and bought 2 tires for my Alto as it developed abnormal wobbling induced vibrations. The OE Apollo Amazers did well for about 43K and has still lot of safety in those but has abruptly lost shape. My wife was using the car and I drove it after about 10 days and noticed the defect which I had not taken seriously though wifey was complaining for last three days.

Bought Bridgestones and did alignment and is satisfied with what Cahakky and Naveen were telling.The service was fine though understaffed being Sunday. Not well stocked with many brands too.
True, they have limited stock and brands. But since am also planning to change the tires, I asked them the details. They said to confirm the order atleast few days in advance so that they can bring in the stock. I did rotation/alignment/puncture repair and nitrogen topup on Saturday. As always, did an excellent job. Also gave 150/- discount

Great job guys.
Old 17th April 2012, 11:21   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
True, they have limited stock and brands. As always, did an excellent job. Also gave 150/- discount Great job guys.
I left the old tyres there which still has some juice in it and they offered to try and sell it as they usually get enquirers for older tires at a throwaway price.
I got a call today regarding the old ones. I referred your name and they know you well.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 23:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

More than the stock of tires what caught my eye was this coffee table in the visitor's lounge; a glass top on an old air compressor unit. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin)-150420121034.jpg  

rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 23:58   #73
BHPian

Went there today to do alignment. had to wait as there was a lot of rush today. But they did a good job as usual. Gave 50 rs discount also
Old 15th July 2012, 11:54   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another wonderful experience at DBS. Had gone there to patch the side wall which was cracked beyond repairs. He advised me a local shop where they would hot patch the walls. The local shop also advised me to chuck the tyre since it was really bad. He offered me a "locally" made S drives for 700/-. The side wall is original but the thread was re-grooved to make it look like a new tyre.

Decided to go to DBS to seek their advice. The technician (forgot his name) offered me an old set of S Drives for 800/-.

Did the balancing for that tyre, topped nitrogen in all tyres and surprisingly cleaned my boot which was in a total mess.

They also advised me to get adapter rings on the alloys. This was a new term which I didnt know. The company wheel hub and after market alloys will have different bore/hub size. This is the reason why in some cars the wobbling still continue to exist. This can be done at any lathe workshops where they fit these adapter rings to match the size with the wheel hub. Would come around 2k-3k for all 4 wheels. He advised me to get this done while I change the whole set of tyres (Planning to get new set in 2 months time). DBS will take care of this. Also gave some tips regarding new tyres and best practices for a long tyre life.

Completely satisfied with their service and their technical knowledge. Will definitely get the new tyres from there whatsoever. These guys know what they are doing and I feel happy at the end of the day!
Old 19th October 2012, 13:49   #75
BHPian

They have got AC recharge (bosch one)/ Oil removal and Oil change machines (Imported from italy) now. they havent received the training yet for this. So havent started commercial operations. Way to go DBS to introduce new stuff!!. You guys really rock

Most Viewed