Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 03:14   #1
BHPian

24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin)

Hi Guys,

Its been a long time since I posted here. I own a Red Swift VXI with 195/60/R15 alloys.

I service my car every 5k kilometers however one major issue I face in Cochin is that the monsoon always causes our roads to be in poor conditions most of the months of the year. As a result wheel alignment and balancing is one major headache I face.

Upto a couple of years back other than the service centers where you cannot trust the accuracy of their wheel alignment units, the only other choice was Bharat Tyres. However for small cars like us, they give us a step brotherly treatment in between the hi fi cars that come in. Other than seating us in ac rooms, I just felt like some other guy standing in queue in at the beverages corporation . It was a take it or leave it.

Recently a friend introduced me to DBS, a new wheel alignment place at the Edapally bye pass near Oberon Mall. He told me it was 24/7. I smiled and said yeah all places are 24/7 except that there wont be anyone around at night.

When I reached there sometime after 11pm, I saw a sleeping guard and I laughed thinking of what my friend said. However the guard woke up on my arrival and asked me to wait and I was surprised when they switched on everything and a guy came and eagerly took my car for the alignment.

He not only did the alignment but then showed me that my mounting bushes needed to be replaced and said if I would do that and bring it back, he would redo the alignment free. (I just got my car out of Autoteam after 1 lakh service) and was surprised when he said this. I went back to Autoteam and had asked them to check it for which they said they were sure it was not the case. However I forced them to check and they agreed it needed to be replaced!! ( My last few services with Autoteam has just been worse, huge amounts of service bills and yet I need to return with further probs)

I came back and they remembered me and did the alignment for me once again free of cost. I was impressed by their politeness, no nonsense approach and they were very customer friendly and they were truly 24/7! As a result I went to them the second time to replace two of my worn out tires and also to fill nitrogen. Both times everything was done quickly for me.

I felt so happy to have finally found a decent place where I felt I could go anytime I wanted. I had to share this positive review because I felt it was worth it.

I have tried global tyres and they are not bad, but always busy. I needed to leave my car with them. With DBS my main positive feeling was I could go for a movie at Cinemax in Oberon leaving my car with them to align and it would be a perfect way to do the service hassle free.

Contact Details
Shan (Showroom In Charge)
Mob : 9847134927
34/138 H,
NH BYEPASS
Near Oriental Timbers
Edapally - 682 024

Charges:

Tubeless Puncture Repair : Rs. 100
Tube Puncture Repair : Rs. 50
Balancing : Rs. 50 per tire
Wheel Alignment : Rs. 250 and above depending on the make of vehicle

They also sell tyres and alloys.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2011 at 10:49. Reason: Thanks for sharing the info. Editing your opening post as per your email
chakky is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 10:09   #2
BHPian

Re: DBS - The New Boy in Town

Hello chakky,

I've seen this shop. It is time for wheel alignment and balancing of my M800, I think I'll give this place a try.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience dude. I have seen this place too. The place looks appealing and have seen many cars there. Since this is far from my place, I usually get the alignment/balancing done at Kadavanthara at my friends outlet. Good thing about this place is that they pickup the car and the rates are the best in Cochin (a good discount for me).
Old 19th July 2011, 11:44   #4
BANNED

Chakky, I can almost feel your delight at finding a place that you are satisfied with. I wish more and more service providers realize that the best way to keep themselves in business is to do the best job they can, treat customers with (atleast) appropriate courtesy and charge reasonably.

My dad thinks that all mechanics are common thievs and compulsive liars! The sad part about that is.. he is a professor of Commerce and Management.

I only hope the DBS guys continue to maintain this level of enthusiasm and courtesy.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:18   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The major problem is that all new guys are good when it comes to attract customers but after sometime they loose their touch. This is what happened in many car accessories shops here in Cochin. I have tried atleast 5-6 shops in Cochin for mods and 3-4 outlets for wheel alignment/balancing. Only a handful of guys are capable of attracting return customers. Same case in Blore too. But the last visit to Blore was worth the shot.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience dude. I have seen this place too. The place looks appealing and have seen many cars there. Since this is far from my place, I usually get the alignment/balancing done at Kadavanthara at my friends outlet. Good thing about this place is that they pickup the car and the rates are the best in Cochin (a good discount for me).
Thanks for your comments guys, I just felt the place was good. The tire prices were also cheaper and I have gone forward and sent two of my friends to them and they too had the same good experience. Thats when I thought teambhp is one place they need to get some review on, specially in this tech savvy times.

Naveen, they also offer pick and drop, even at night they are willing to come take the car and do it if we give them advance notification. I am not sure of the distances though that they will service. Since I work in a 24/7 company, I can drop in even at 2-3am and get this done without worrying about the crowd or traffic.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakky View Post
Thanks for your comments guys, I just felt the place was good. The tire prices were also cheaper and I have gone forward and sent two of my friends to them and they too had the same good experience. Thats when I thought teambhp is one place they need to get some review on, specially in this tech savvy times.

Naveen, they also offer pick and drop, even at night they are willing to come take the car and do it if we give them advance notification. I am not sure of the distances though that they will service. Since I work in a 24/7 company, I can drop in even at 2-3am and get this done without worrying about the crowd or traffic.
That sounds good. It's time for my car to undergo alignment/balancing. I shall check the place out in a week or so since I have planned a drive to Blore during Aug first week.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:23   #8
BHPian

Do try it out Naveen and Jose . I hope you get the same good experience.

@addidac, you just understood my mood perfectly . I hope they can continue to provide the saem quality.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:57   #9
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience. I used to service @ New Bharth, Later changed it to Global Tyres. I had a bad experience with Global tyres regarding repasting of my old sun film. They assured me my defogger would not get damaged but that was not so. I'll try this new place. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:56   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin)

Chakky, thanks for sharing information on a very unique alignment shop!

Can I request you to email me DBS's contact information & address (my email id in my signature)? I'll then have the same added to your opening post. It'll help a great many BHPians & guests.

And yes, I've moved your thread to the Team-BHP Directory forum section which is the place for recommended garages & shops.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2011 at 23:57.
Old 20th July 2011, 10:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi chakky, thanks for this information. Hope DBS keeps up the enthusiasm and does well! Do they provide tube/ tubeless puncture repairs as well? A 24X7 tyre shop is much needed in any city. Can you pls mention the service charges and the address of the shop as GTO mentioned above.

Also, please reveal what tyre brand is that you are using. Guess 190/65/R15 is uncommon. I have never come across one.

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th July 2011 at 10:11. Reason: Adding the Q.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakky View Post
I felt so happy to have finally found a decent place where I felt I could go anytime I wanted. I had to share this positive review because I felt it was worth it.
With DBS my main positive feeling was I could go for a movie at Cinemax in Oberon leaving my car with them to align and it would be a perfect way to do the service hassle free.
chakky,

Thanks for sharing this info. Will try out this place.

Quote:
Since this is far from my place, I usually get the alignment/balancing done at Kadavanthara at my friends outlet. Good thing about this place is that they pickup the car and the rates are the best in Cochin (a good discount for me).
naveen.raju,

Can you tell me where this place is? I too, am staying nearby.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Down south on the same bypass there is 'Tyrex' which also works 24X7 for tyre sales, alignment, balancing etc.

This is a 10,000 sq ft showroom spread over three floors.
see this link at Hindu Business Line

Last edited by rajeev k : 20th July 2011 at 22:41.
Old 21st July 2011, 09:26   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
naveen.raju,

Can you tell me where this place is? I too, am staying nearby.
Unfortunately, my friend sold this place to some other person. But the place is still there but not run by my friend anymore. It's at Kaloor-Kadavanthara road opp Akshaya Hospital. MRF outlet.

Am planning to give to DBS the next time.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, my friend sold this place to some other person. But the place is still there but not run by my friend anymore. It's at Kaloor-Kadavanthara road opp Akshaya Hospital. MRF outlet.

Am planning to give to DBS the next time.
Hi Naveen,thanks for the feed back.

I had fitted new alloys and upgraded tyres for my i10 at Westend Tyres,SA road (actually Hyndai had done the job for me-I never interacted with them).Later on, when I went there to inquire about N2 filling, the treatment was very indifferent. So,my i10 still remains "un-nitrogen"ed. I filled my recent ANHC at Global-it is good but far off-inconveniencing my wife to take the car there frequently.

Any decent place near Panampilly nagar would have been convenient. Hence the query.

Cheers,charthom

Last edited by charthom : 21st July 2011 at 10:31.

Most Viewed