Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2011, 10:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Venus Auto, Chinchwad, Pune - A very good car garage

Recently I got the 100K kms service done of my Indica DLX from Venus Auto, Chinchwad, Pune on recommendation on my brother in law. I had posted the experience on my ownership thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2546490 when our friendly moderator Eddy suggested me to post the experience of this garage in this directory section. Hence starting this new thread.

Garage Name: VENUS AUTO
Proprietors: Ramesh: 9373724032
Harish: 9373724034

Address: D - 2/65/2/1, M.I.D.C, Telco (Tata Motors) Road, Chinchwad, Pune-411019

As per their visiting card, they undertake Washing, Greasing, Repairing, Denting, Painting, A/C, Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing of all types of Diesel & Petrol vehicles.

Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing are probably outsourced as they don't have their own set-up.

This was my first service from this garage & that too a major one, timing belt replacement, hence i had kept my fingers crossed. Overall it was a very good experience (though I had taken the risk of going to a totally unknown place). Labour charges seem to be very minimal. I was expecting around 7 to 8K total, however settling on 6.3K was a very pleasant surprise.

Set up at the garage: He has a ram, all the necessary tools & tackles. In one corner there is a washing ramp. There are @ 8 bays, where different cars can be serviced simultaneously. In another corner there is the denting, painting area (Apologies I don't have any photographs, but will take some at the next opportunity). He has 9 mechanics & he stocks the common spares for most of the cars (filters, belts, bearings etc). He even gives the option of bringing your own spares & avail his services. Mr Harish takes keen interest in all the repairs.

I found the labour charges to be quite reasonable. I would highly recommend this garage to people in & around PCMC area. You can refer further details on my 100K service in my ownership thread74, message # (link listed above).
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 19:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Venus Auto, Chinchwad, Pune - A very good car garage

^^ Thanks for the info buddy!

Do you stay near by Chinchwad? I stay near Thermax Chowk .. maybe we can sync up time..
Old 17th October 2011, 10:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

Do you stay near by Chinchwad? I stay near Thermax Chowk .. maybe we can sync up time..
Yes mate. I stay in Nakshatram Apartments, Premlok Park, Behind SKF Bearings company. Send me a private message with your contact details & we can catch up.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:22   #4
BHPian

A very helpful info.
Few queries from me?
1. Do they also service Maruti? are they Maruti or Tata approved?
2. A/C job is done there?

My WagonR has to be given for 50K service with all fluids replacement job with some suspention checkup.

Even i stay near dange chowk....plan a mini meet.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
A very helpful info.
Few queries from me?
1. Do they also service Maruti? are they Maruti or Tata approved?
2. A/C job is done there?
Thanks Shabahmad. They service all types/models of vehicles (Tatas & Marutis being the most common). I don't think they are Maruti or Tata approved, but if you are out of company/extended warranty, then does that really matter. If they are competent enough & do the job sincerely, what else does one expect.

He does not do the AC job himself, but have close tie-up with an AC repair shop in Empire Estate, Chinchwad. Fortunately I had taken the contact details of the shop from him.--> J D Enterprises (Contact person - Donald, 8888099088). This is on the right side of the same building which houses Darshan tyres (if you know it). If you go there directly give reference of Mr Harish from Venus Auto.

Quote:
My WagonR has to be given for 50K service with all fluids replacement job with some suspention checkup.

Even i stay near dange chowk....plan a mini meet.
For your above requirements Venus Auto is best suited for you. Call up Mr Harish & fix a date. Only one hitch now is due to the oncoming festive season of Diwali most of his mechanics would be on leave & he would be running short on manpower. But if he gives you an assurance that he will take care of it, then nothing like it.
Old 17th October 2011, 22:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Yes mate. I stay in Nakshatram Apartments, Premlok Park, Behind SKF Bearings company. Send me a private message with your contact details & we can catch up.
Hey i stay in premlok park too.

About the AC guy.what have you got done from him?
Old 17th October 2011, 23:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Hey i stay in premlok park too.
That's nice, where exactly do you stay? I am in M wing of Nakshatram Apts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
About the AC guy.what have you got done from him?
I actually wanted my AC to be checked for effectiveness & gas pressure. Hence Harish gave me the reference of the AC guy. However Harish said that my AC is working perfectly & no need of any check-up.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

Dude, I stay near Thermax Chowk as well. Behind Mayur Hospital, maybe we can have a mini tapri meet somewhere in our area..lemme know!
Old 7th February 2012, 11:54   #9
BHPian

Called him today for my car checkup since was having some issues driving down from goa...

Found it really stupid as he seemed very disinterested in doing any of the work.
I had only two issues which needed just to be checked.
1)I was having unstable drive.
2)I needed to set my ignition timing which i feel is a simple task.

The response i got was:
Sir my timing light is not working so i wont be able to do it,and second sir take the car to sai service.

I just said thanks and hung up.If i had to go to sai service why would i call you in the first place?
I feel a person who is disinterested is surely not going to do the job well as it is...so best is to leave it and search better options..
Old 7th February 2012, 12:42   #10
BHPian

Went for 50K service of WagonR with a list of work including Suspension check, Belt Changes & Spark Plug cleaning/replacement.
Reply was "Not to change any thing if its working", performed all oil changes except brake bleading. No washing no suspension check.

While car is lifted i pointed towards leakage of petrol from connection of hoze and petrol tank. Response its normal.

Charged 800 rs for Engine Oil, Gear Oil, Coolant Change & brake pump change (rear).
More interested in Tata cars jobs.
Old 7th February 2012, 13:35   #11
BHPian

You are wrong man!

He is interested mostly in old Indi cabs or old other cars...not in all Tata cars.

In Oct, I went to him for servicing of my 'spic and span' maintained Indica Turbo dlx ....he was not interested neither did i found his set up upto the mark.

Then after 2 weeks of my service, I wanted to change by KBX brake pads. The mrp was 1600/- for set of 4 pieces ( I knew it from a known retailer). ..i thought let him get them from his stock and take labor charge for changing them.

But he took out 1 packet of kbx pads where the mfg date was erased and price was also erased . He quoted me 2300/- for same stuff plus 150/- laborand also told that in market it costs 2500/-.

I was rather p***ed off at his so called ' honesty ' shown.
Simply walked off and from then Venus Auto is now not in my list of choices at all / also not in my reco list to others.

Rating for attitude : 1/5.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Called him today for my car checkup since was having some issues driving down from goa...

Found it really stupid as he seemed very disinterested in doing any of the work.
I had only two issues which needed just to be checked.
1)I was having unstable drive.
2)I needed to set my ignition timing which i feel is a simple task.

The response i got was:
Sir my timing light is not working so i wont be able to do it,and second sir take the car to sai service.

I just said thanks and hung up.If i had to go to sai service why would i call you in the first place?
I feel a person who is disinterested is surely not going to do the job well as it is...so best is to leave it and search better options..
This is certainly not a good experience Scorpian. Was it Harish, with whom you were talking over the phone? I found him to be a good guy, eager to resolve issues. I would be really surprised if it was he who spoke to you in such an unfriendly manner

Quote:
Went for 50K service of WagonR with a list of work including Suspension check, Belt Changes & Spark Plug cleaning/replacement.
Reply was "Not to change any thing if its working", performed all oil changes except brake bleading. No washing no suspension check.

While car is lifted i pointed towards leakage of petrol from connection of hoze and petrol tank. Response its normal.

Charged 800 rs for Engine Oil, Gear Oil, Coolant Change & brake pump change (rear).
More interested in Tata cars jobs.
I agree with you Shabahmad. He won't recommend to change any thing if its working fine. However he should have addressed your petrol leakage issue. I hope it is not a big leakage. I don't think that he has any preference for Tata cars. You could have got this feeling mainly because you would have seen more Tata cars over there (esp cabs, yellow plates). I look at it otherwise. If so many cab fellows rely on him to get their cars (bread & butter) serviced then he must be really doing good job (if not better) & charging lesser comparatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
You are wrong man!

He is interested mostly in old Indi cabs or old other cars...not in all Tata cars.

In Oct, I went to him for servicing of my 'spic and span' maintained Indica Turbo dlx ....he was not interested neither did i found his set up upto the mark.

Then after 2 weeks of my service, I wanted to change by KBX brake pads. The mrp was 1600/- for set of 4 pieces ( I knew it from a known retailer). ..i thought let him get them from his stock and take labor charge for changing them.

But he took out 1 packet of kbx pads where the mfg date was erased and price was also erased . He quoted me 2300/- for same stuff plus 150/- laborand also told that in market it costs 2500/-.

I was rather p***ed off at his so called ' honesty ' shown.
Simply walked off and from then Venus Auto is now not in my list of choices at all / also not in my reco list to others.

Rating for attitude : 1/5.
Surely this is not the experience one would want at any garage. Did you tell him that you can get the KBX brake pads from outside for Rs 1600/- for set of 4 pieces? I would advise to take your own spares & just get his services/ labour.

Since my 110K service is nearing I would have to be extra cautious when I go to him for getting my car serviced, given you bad experiences with him. More than the proprietor, I trust the young mechanic (Bharat) who did the job on my car last time. Will keep you guys posted as & when the service happens.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:29   #13
BHPian

Yes i spoke to harish itself and he turned me off.I was to get my issues resolved and probably got my 90k major service done from him since am travelling back in few days but the guy put me off big time and i for one is surely not going there.

Just picked up a timing light and set the timing myself.I love my car to the car just like all of you do and i would rather shell sum extra moolah to see the baby in tip top shape ever ready to get in to sum serious mile crunching.

Like the jason statham says.....u take care of your car and the car takes care of you....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks