Team-BHP - Trustworthy Fuel Stations NH17: GOA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Trustworthy Fuel Stations NH17: GOA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/111156-trustworthy-fuel-stations-nh17-goa.html)

1. 3kms after crossing into Goa from Karwar side, there is a fuel station run by HP on right side. This is good.
2. Around 7kms after this there is one run by Indian Oil to the left. This guy is very bad wrt petrol quality. Never tried diesel there but heard its bad too.
3. There is one at around 4kms after Canacona town. Aryadurga or something. This is good.
4. There is one called Kurade's pump in Margao city. This guy is good too.

Please add info about others.

Akshay

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2581614)
1. 3kms after crossing into Goa from Karwar side, there is a fuel station run by HP on right side. This is good.
2. Around 7kms after this there is one run by Indian Oil to the left. This guy is very bad wrt petrol quality. Never tried diesel there but heard its bad too.
3. There is one at around 4kms after Canacona town. Aryadurga or something. This is good.

Please add info about others.

Akshay

Is this the one where you take a left turn on the 1-way in Madgaon? I have refilled at one of the 2 pumps there, found both of them good.

Dont know which one way you are talking sir. This one is after the SBI and next to the central garden. Is fairly famous so anyone can guide there. Below link should help.
kurade pump margao - Google Maps

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2581785)
Dont know which one way you are talking sir. This one is after the SBI and next to the central garden. Is fairly famous so anyone can guide there. Below link should help.
kurade pump margao - Google Maps

Yes, I meant the same pump. Thanks for the link.

I have also filled good fuel at the Betim Petrol Pump on NH17 beyond Panaji, near where you turn off to Calangute.
betim petrol pump - Google Maps

Folks,
Any place in Goa where we can fill in LPG too?
I will be travelling from Karvar to Mumbai through Goa ( Ponda->Belgaum route)

Cheers
f1fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1fan (Post 2581848)
Folks,

Cheers
f1fan

Dont know. Will try to find out.

OT, btw you can try Hubli-Yellapura-Karwar-Goa route too. Peaceful and also the surface is better compared to Belgaum-Ponda route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1fan (Post 2581848)
Folks,

Cheers
f1fan

Sure is !!! There is one on the Bypass road between Panjim and Old Goa , its on the right side on a steep incline as you near Old Goa which I have used in the past.

Ive also been told that an LPG pump has been opened and functional in Ponda too , somewhere on the Ponda City Bypass road towards Belgaum.

Please find out at Ponda and you should be fine , drive safe .

Cheers :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2581614)

Kurade's is especially good. Never had any problems with this one.

One warning to everyone travelling in Goa. While going from Margao to Panjim via NH-17, there is an Indian Oil on the left side right after Toyota showroom, just past Kesarval Gardens. That is the worst place I've ever fueled up.

Another one is Margao, the one in front of Hotel Nanutel, right in the heart of the city. I think its HP, if I'm not wrong. Each time I filled up there, the mileage has dropped considerably.

Try to avoid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2581873)
Dont know. Will try to find out.

OT, btw you can try Hubli-Yellapura-Karwar-Goa route too. Peaceful and also the surface is better compared to Belgaum-Ponda route.

Actually I am doing a round trip Mumbai-Mangalore-Ponda-Mumbai.
Would be taking the Hubli -Yellapur NH63 to cross over from NH4 to NH17 and on the return back, have to visit Ponda and from there would be coming to Belgaum to connect back to NH4.

@swarnav why is the Indian oil pump at keserval bad? Also you're absolutely right about the one near Nanutel cause whenever I filled petrol there, always got a low mileage , I thought it was just me but now my doubts are clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie4u (Post 2582121)
@swarnav why is the Indian oil pump at keserval bad? Also you're absolutely right about the one near Nanutel cause whenever I filled petrol there, always got a low mileage , I thought it was just me but now my doubts are clear.

Same as the nanutel one. I always got a low mileage (though not as bad as what I got from filling up at nanutel). Also, the drive after filling up at that Indian Oil is nowhere near as smooth as what I get when I refuel at my regular station.

@Kurades in margao was good,But of late i have stopped fillling fuel as i constantly experience knocking with their fuel.Besides the guy dosent accept cards which is a big let down.I dont carry cash with me all times and a card makes so much sense and easier to deal with.

@Clarina at the bypass sells good fuel but is always crowded and the workers there have this nasty habit of banging the fuel lids which pisses me off.

@Mohiddin near nanutel is the worst...fill here and u can actually see ur baby go bad.Stay away.

The one which has coffee day in it i guesss kunde is good,I fill from here has good fuel,spacious good staff and above all they accept cards with a welcum.

My experience of BP pump at Alt Porvorim (between two one ways) is also good. What is experience of other Bhpians?

Which is good pump in or near Ponda?

Has anyone tried the last petrol pump on right hand side before you enter Maharashtra? I believe it's Indianoil pump on right hand side as you travel towards Maharashtra Border.

Now that at least one bad pump has been identified I hope Mr Panikkar gets to know of it and does something about it. I hope when a guy is caught the action should be in full glare of the media, so that others are deterred.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian (Post 2673138)
@Kurades in margao was good,But of late i have stopped fillling fuel as i constantly experience knocking with their fuel.Besides the guy dosent accept cards which is a big let down.I dont carry cash with me all times and a card makes so much sense and easier to deal with.

@Clarina at the bypass sells good fuel but is always crowded and the workers there have this nasty habit of banging the fuel lids which pisses me off.

@Mohiddin near nanutel is the worst...fill here and u can actually see ur baby go bad.Stay away.

The one which has coffee day in it i guesss kunde is good,I fill from here has good fuel,spacious good staff and above all they accept cards with a welcum.

Scorpian where is the "one with coffee day" exactly? If you could also attach a google map link, it would be clap: