Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 00:25   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Thanks for the update, saw this store and thought it was a new one. So viman nagar store is now closed ?
Yep, the VN store is closed. I understand the reason for this move is mainly due an increase in rent for the VN premises plus limited space. Here's the location on Google Maps for the benefit of others not familiar with this area: https://goo.gl/maps/3sjmbYoUYzE2
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 23:48   #137
BHPian

Any update on new 3M store at Hinjewadi?
Old 10th July 2016, 15:16   #138
BHPian

I had taken my endevour to 3m car care baner. I opted for pain sealent underbody and nomad mats.

When asked the guy why the cost of treatment was more with car dealers for paint sealent he informed that different chemicals are used by the showrooms for coating.

Can sombody please advise if i took a right decision by taking a brand new car to 3m car care baner rather than getting the coating done from the dealer.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:06   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Can sombody please advise if i took a right decision by taking a brand new car to 3m car care baner rather than getting the coating done from the dealer.
Your decision is correct. I had taken brother's day-old Honda city to 3M Baner for under-body coating instead of getting it done at Honda dealership.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:31   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post

When asked the guy why the cost of treatment was more with car dealers for paint sealent he informed that different chemicals are used by the showrooms for coating.

Dealers will take their margin as well. Some dealers do have 3M people working for them, rather use 3m products, but quality of work is a doubt.

You did the right thing in taking the new car directly to 3M
Old 26th July 2016, 15:00   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Dealers will take their margin as well. Some dealers do have 3M people working for them, rather use 3m products, but quality of work is a doubt.

You did the right thing in taking the new car directly to 3M
Out of my 2 experiences while using 3M services at a company service center, The work just not upto the mark, It was good but the attention to detail was surely missing, Once was at Mahindra and once at VW service center, Only benefit is that you wont have to specially take an appointment and wait at the 3M outlet which your car gets polished.
Old 6th October 2016, 20:58   #142
BHPian

Is 3 M PPF useful against scratches caused by bikers / minor rubbing over walls while parking?
Old 27th December 2016, 19:52   #143
Senior - BHPian

The Viman Nagar 3M outlet has shifted to Kharadi.
Has any member tried out the Kharadi center recently?
Old 29th January 2017, 12:22   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The Viman Nagar 3M outlet has shifted to Kharadi.
Has any member tried out the Kharadi center recently?
I am planning to try it next month.

Can someone help me with the latest price sheet?
Old 5th February 2017, 00:56   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I am planning to try it next month. Can someone help me with the latest price sheet?
You could call the manager Umesh 90115-59966. I believe there have been price revisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The Viman Nagar 3M outlet has shifted to Kharadi. Has any member tried out the Kharadi center recently?
These are the same guys that operated the Viman Nagar outlet. I just got my car back after its annual detailing at 3M Kharadi a few days back. It was a part of the annual package I had paid for in 2016. I may renew it in a couple of months. Still thinking about it. However I do get that peace of mind when my car goes through a complete detailing process and comes out gleaming.

They've done a really good job on the car. I was there supervising the whole time and I think that extra bit of effort/interest shown by the owner ensures the guys do the job right. And yeah I do have a borderline OCD.

The people, including the manager, are nice and friendly. I'd recommend this outlet provided it is conveniently located for you.

3M has opened another outlet in Camp. J Williams & Co. the Yamaha/HM/Mitsubishi dealer, is another option. They are located on East St. But I have not availed of their services as yet.

Last edited by R2D2 : 5th February 2017 at 00:59.
Old 14th February 2017, 19:58   #146
BHPian

I have been taking my car to 3M facility at FC road for more than a year now. I have subscription for their one year package. Also got 3M windscreen film installed there. Have had very good experience with them so far.
Old 24th March 2017, 12:41   #147
Senior - BHPian

After cleaning/polishing interior, waxing exterior myself for 7 years, I finally took my car to 3M Baner to taste 'super quality work' and guess what it was a total disappointment.

I paid Rs. 1368/- for UV Protect package which includes Washing+Waxing+Interior vacuum cleaning.
I thought they will do a better job than what I did for last 7 years however they were no where near to it, leave alone meeting my expectations.

Check these pics which were taken after they were done with their work.
I wont visit 3M again
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114435.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114501.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114726_hdr.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114741_hdr.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114946_hdr.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114803_hdr.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20170324_114910_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 24th March 2017 at 12:42.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 19:15   #148
BHPian

After mulling over this for a long time, I finally decided to take my GT TSI to 3M Baner. I finally decided to get over my silly apprehensions - Yes, I get jitters when I think of the fact that someone else would be using the DSG transmission and driving the car around!

I walked in, and went up on the first floor to Mr. Zuber. Must say, he was a wonderful guy. I pretty much knew what I wanted (Paint Sealant), so after initial greetings, I gave the go ahead for the treatment and left. Very friendly, and he knew very well about TBHP.

Delivery was promised at 730PM, and I got a call at 5PM saying the car is ready. Pleasantly surprised, I hired myself an Uber and reached the centre at around 6PM.

There she was, gleaming like a newly wed bride ! Trust me, I now know what people mean when they say the car looked better than it did when it was new!

The overall workmanship was immaculate - I am particular about the quality of work done on the car, and here it was brilliant:

1. There were paint marks on the car initially (she used to be parked outside earlier and there was construction work going on in the vicinity. Some paint had splashed on the bonnet - small streaks). I had tried whatever I could, but the spots didn't go. These guys removed 90% of it. Mighty pleased.

2. Except for the one deep scratch on my rear bumper (I still do not know who does this ), most of the other scratches have nearly disappeared!

I've clicked a few pictures - apologies for the quality, it was taken from my phone. Trust me, the pictures definitely do not do justice to the kind of shine she has now!
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_6639.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_6641.jpg

PS: They had an offer going on - I got 10% off on the total bill.

Last edited by FanaticOnWheels : 25th March 2017 at 19:16.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 15:26   #149
BHPian

The 3M car care in Karvenagar turned out to be pretty sub-standard. I had selected the exterior detailing package for Rs. 6k
The underbody wasn't cleaned and hence not polished/ treated. The wheel rims were not cleaned or detailed. Overall it was not worth 6k at all. But the car was delivered on time. Will not recommend 3M and will try some other detailing service next time.
Crankpin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 17:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
The 3M car care in Karvenagar turned out to be pretty sub-standard. I had selected the exterior detailing package for Rs. 6k
Its probably the worst of all 3Ms. I had also escalated the poor standard problem but looks like nothing has changed. Best 3M center in Pune is the Baner one, hands down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks