Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 10:51   #31
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care Baner (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi All,

Recently I have been to 3M car care center at Baner-Pashan Link road (enquiry for my car waxing). I was very impressed about their setup and the packages they are providing.
Benefit For TEAM-BHP member :-
-- As an introductory trial offer, some special privileges on all the treatments at the store.
-- Combo offer in which if someone is going for 3M window sun films, he would be getting a flat 10% discount on Paint Sealant(old or new) and under-body(Anti-corrosion) treatments.
-- Also if any guest gets a treatment of Rs 3500 done he will be getting a Voucher of Rs 250*.(*Conditions apply)
Thanks for the information Kalinga. I have set up an appt for the upcoming weekend with them, at least the person who recd the call was very courteous, so first impressions are good.

Once the work is done will update with review and pics.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post

The qs. is what is the correct (or safe) water pressure to wash cars?

Using high pressure can affect the paint on car body also can have -ve effect while washing the under-body of the car (even though 3M @Viman Nagar doesn't have hydraulics).
First hand experience on this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2678030

I would stay away from the high pressure wash from 3M unless they have reduced it considerably.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Oh hey, another 3M outlet has opened in Wanorie, I think its in the sacred heart society. Basically in the road opposite Kedari PP. I have never been there but saw it while I was driving by.
Hey! just chanced upon this thread! Yes 3M has a store in wanowrie and it is in the lane opposite Kedari Petrol Pump. Its between the Just casuals store and China Grill.

Had been to it in December for my Laura and i was quite satisfied with the results. The store manager is a very nice person and helpful.

In case you are not able to take the car personally, They offer to come home and pick up the vehicle.

True the charges feel a bit on the higher side but they certainly do a good job on the car.

OT: are there any Tbhpians living in wanowrie/NIBM/Fatimanagar etc areas? would love to catch up, since i invariably miss the Tapri meets!
Old 14th February 2012, 10:23   #34
BHPian

Further to my last, I visited the 3M Car Center on the Baner-Pashan Link Road.

I had just returned from a 3300 km trip from coast to coast and also my Linea was looking at her 1st B'day so thought this was the best treat for her.

I had fixed up an appointment on the 11th/Saturday at 0900, which is when the store opens but to my disillusionment when I arrived at the Center it was locked and there was no one there. In retrospect I should have called before coming, but came back at about 1030 (after making a phone call) and was well received. The store manager Mr. Swapnil was very apologetic about the inconvenience caused to me, even though it was'nt much of a problem to me.

There was already one car ahead of me, a Tata Safari from the day before, and boy it looked superb in black. The panels of the car were shining like a mirror and I was just wishing that my car would end up the same!!

The Job card was drawn up and I choose the following treatments to be done on my car.

1. 3M PAINT SEALANT PROGRAM (upto1year protection)
2. 3M ANTI CORROSION+SOUND DEADNING TREATMENT (5 Years Warranted)

The job card was drawn up, car looked over and the estimate time/cost for the work to be done was given.

I wanted to stay at the Center to watch the WIP however I had prior commitments so left to come back later in the evening.

Pros:
1. Spic and Span facility
2. Professional, well trained and a very competent work force.
3. Separated areas for wash, underbody treatment and polishing.
4. Separate and comfortable lounge where you wait, watch TV on their LCD and / or read magazines.
5. The work done was absolutely fab and first rate, the car has got back her "wet paint" look with superficial scratches and swirl marks gone.
6. The underbody treatment from what I could was done well and I felt a definite improvement in the reduction of cabin noise from the floor of the car.

Cons:
1. Found only really one chink in their armor to speak of even though it might be nitpicking. The facility is at an elevated level and with the ramp leading upto it with the approach and departure angles being rather steep. Though the staff were very careful and my Linea was no problem, a car like the Honda Civic may run into some problems. We did bring this up with the Owner Mr. Tapas Kumar who assured us that they have Civics come and go and there has been no problem.

That brings me to the Owner, Tapas, who I felt is the BIGGEST asset of this center. He is a very enthusiastic and dedicated professional and a real car aficionado. Also he is very passionate about his work and it seemed to me that he treated all the cars there as his own.

I will not think twice before recommending this place for anyone who wants to get some TLC for their cars. I was very happy with the professionalism and with the work done.

Have taken before-after pics of the car and some showroom pics as well.

I must apologies for the quality of the pics since I collected the car in the evening after dark and the photos are clicked with my phone.

So here goes...

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-028.jpg

The car center on the Baner-Pashan Link Road.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-022.jpg

Tar marks on the wheel arches.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-024.jpg

Scratch marks on the right from bumper caused after a slight collision with a bike.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-027.jpg

More tar marks and minor scratches on the body due to stones/gravel.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-030.jpg

"Under Wrap"
The car after the treatments were done, ready to be picked up.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-032.jpg

Ta-da!! All scratches and tar marks gone!!

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-033.jpg

The photo does not do justice, front looked very good. The blemishes which remain are the places where the paint has come off.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-misc-035.jpg

My beauty, all sparkling and glittering.. and oh yes my wife too is looker!!

Last edited by noopster : 20th February 2012 at 12:54. Reason: Merged posts for continuity
PGNarain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 12:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

So, had been to the 3M store in Baner, this Saturday. After spending 3 hours of my life in a fruitful effort, Im glad to say that the end result is absolutely fantastic.

My car needed some TLC for a long time now, and Saturday noon was decided for that purpose. Went to 3M and sorted out the "package" for the treatment. For the Laura, they charged me Rs. 32XX odd for an external wash, wax and some other treatment. The internal cleaning was done with foam wash, steam cleaning and the usual carpet cleaning et al.

The overall end result is very good and absolutely must for anyone wanting to get a 'like new' look on the car.
Old 20th February 2012, 13:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

@PGNarain: If you use something like Quixx scratch remover, the black marks that you see in the photos above will be easily removed.

S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 17:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
It could be octroi. Typically a shipment lands in Mumbai port and by the time it reaches Pune, prices increases.
The company tries to control and regulate the prices of the products at the same time, they give heavy margins to the dealers so that the dealers will push the products. Because of competition, the dealers start cutting their margins and start selling it at lower prices. These stores being company owned stores, they have to sell at list price and therefore you get to see the difference in price.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:15   #38
BHPian

And so I was at the 3M at Viman Nagar on Saturday, yet one more time.

I got the Essential Interior and Essential Exterior done. Its been a year of foam washes and home polishing and it was time.

The quality of the job is excellent and the the SA's there actually make you wait for an hour and more once you think the job is done. Then he goes over the car until every panel, every bit, every angle is gleaming clean. I got my car there at about 11:45 in the morning and they finished with everything at about 6. And yes, barring the lunch/tea breaks, there was someone attending to it all day long. I guess it did help that I've been going to them almost since they started and spent all my time there.

At the end of it all, when the work was over, I was chatting with someone who had bought a brand new white Verna and was getting film put on. Just cursorily chatting with him, I was asking him about what he liked about this new car and so on. We walked out for a smoke and he saw my Lancer and he was like 'see now there is a car; you know, a car." i just kept nodding along with him and he went on and on about how well kept it was and so on. Finished the smoke, he went back in to check on his car and I started talking to the guy finishing up on my car, Verna dude came back out in a while and was like "whoa, this is your car!" I replied in the affirmative and then he asked me how old it was. His eyes literally popped out when I told him when it is close to 10 years old.

Next question from him, "How many times do you come here, man? And thats when I knew it-not just for me but for even a new car owner-the 3500 I spent on it, was waaaay more than worth it, given I do this once a year.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 27th February 2012 at 01:19.
thewhiteknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 13:51   #39
BHPian

I live in Pimpri and the Viman Nagar outlet is too far for me to go all the way to do my filming. So recently I went to Poona Motors to get the filming done on my i20.
I used a combi of 3M and Llumar. The 3M CR70 went on the Front Windshield.

The cost (only for the CR70) ran upto Rs. 6200 including VAT 12.5%

Just 2 days back me and my friend were out at Yana's for a nice sizzler and a lazy long drive in his Maruti 800 (very old model previously owned by 6 people but still has an AC that can make your bones brittle) and we passed in front of the Baner Showroom. I was searching for a 3M showroom nearby for so long and now after Im done with the filming here it is!

Somebody should ask him to get his address updated on the 3M website.
Old 13th May 2012, 22:50   #40
BHPian

I had my second visit to 3M car care center at Baner Pashan Link Road today. The first time I had taken my Polo 1.6 I was simply amazed by the attention to detail and the meticulous work done by Tapas Kumar and team.

I had wanted to put in a review that time itself but could never go around doing so. But one thing I must mention - These guys made my car look even better than how showroom delivered it to me. And I am not kidding at all. When my car was delivered - it had a few deposits of dirt around VW logo and a few crevices (what with having the car sit in their yard for some time before it was handed over to me).

3M team went on their job and cleaned the car so much so that it actually felt factory fresh!

Even today itself - I can't emphasize enough - Tapas Kumar goes on his job at the most dedicated manner, and gathers his men around the car to clear out even the most invisible of stains.

I cannot recommend this particular showroom enough. These guys simply do an awesome job - which justifies the cost they charge IMO.

Disclaimer - I am in no way associated with this dealership. I am just a happy camper with a well done job on my beloved car!
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_0031.jpg  

Last edited by sids911 : 13th May 2012 at 22:53.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:35   #41
BHPian

A new 3M Car Care center coming up at Kharadi Bypass Road near Amanora/Magarpatta City. The fit-out is still in progress and they have just put up their sign board at the shop. It is on the left in a shopping cmplex when coming from Magarpatta and moving towards Kharadi/Mundhwa just before the Mundhwa flyover.

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 14th June 2012 at 11:36. Reason: Spelling correction.
Old 14th June 2012, 14:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Further to my last, I visited the 3M Car Center on the Baner-Pashan Link Road.
The Job card was drawn up and I choose the following treatments to be done on my car.

1. 3M PAINT SEALANT PROGRAM (upto1year protection)
2. 3M ANTI CORROSION+SOUND DEADNING TREATMENT (5 Years Warranted)
How much did they charge you for the 3M anti corrosion for 5 years & did they have another plan for 3 years & if you know how much they were charging for it?

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th June 2012 at 15:44. Reason: Fixing quote.
Old 15th June 2012, 10:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
How much did they charge you for the 3M anti corrosion for 5 years & did they have another plan for 3 years & if you know how much they were charging for it?
Hi Avi - give me till tomorrow, i will have to look over my receipt to see how much i was charged.
Further to the best of my memory - they did not have an Anti corrosion plan for 3yrs, only the one for 5yrs. I suggest you call up any 3M car center and talk to them, which is what i did.
Old 26th July 2012, 06:55   #44
BHPian

Good news for Town dwellers !

3M has just opened another Car care centre in Deccan Area yesterday. Comparing it with the other 3M centres in Pune, this one is quite big.

It's on Apte road corner, opposite Hotel Ramee Grand and diagonally opposite HDFC bank.

I'm thinking of checking it out over the weekend.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 09:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Satyen, Thanks for sharing the news.

While I was at the 3M Baner center last week, I saw a news that 3M Baner center has been ranked # 2 of all 3M Car Care centers in the country. First spot was taken up by some Bangalore center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks