Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 15:39   #76
BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Jimmy, why don't you try this one? I had read about them once, but cannot comment on the quality of service and pricing.

Cheers!
Hi Ajay,

don't see any links in your message, apologies if i missed reading something.

Regards,
Jimit
Old 26th September 2013, 12:58   #77
BHPian

Yesterday i had taken my 2.5 years old Etios for Adavnced Paint sealant and Interior Germkleen plus. Fantastic job done by the 3M Baner team led ably by Tapas and Swapnil. I fell in love with my car again. I will post the pictures soon.
Old 24th October 2013, 07:10   #78
BHPian

Hello guys,

Yesterday I enquired baout 3M treatment for my car and following quote i received from them, please let me know if this is reasonable.

I am interested in the following.

1. Paint sealant
2. underbody treatment
3. engine treatment.

Exterior Treatments
3M Paint Sealant Program for new car - Gives ultimate protection to the paint surface, Remove dirt and other marks from car surface, restores gloss and seals the finished car surface with 3M Performance Finish Synthetic Wax
Step 1-************ Vacuuming of interiors including cabin and boot.
Step 2-************ Car exterior with foam.
Step 3-************ Engine thoroughly washed and cleaned.
Step 4-*********** *Removing tar & bug marks from body surface.
Step 5-************ Clay wiping.
Step 6-*********** *Car surfaced glazed using machine polish.
Step 7-*********** *Paint sealant synthetic wax applied all over the surface to get gloss and for protection of paint.
Step 8-************ Bumper and tire dressing.
Step 9-************ Glass cleaning.
Cost : Small : 2,090 /- Medium : 3,290 /- Large : 4,390 /- Service Tax Extra

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *** * * * * * * ** * Underbody Treatments

3M Anti Corrosion Treatment
( 5 years warranty )
Keep your car underbody rust free with 3M warranted " Bodyschutz " formula

This treatment provides ultimate protection to the underchassis from Rusting

3M's Bodyschutz also offers following benefits-
Sound deadening for a smoother ride
Heat Insulation
Protection from cheeping
10 free periodic checkups
Cost- Small : 2,690 /- Medium : 3,190/- Large : 3,790/- Service Tax Extra

* * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 3M Engine Sheild

Protect your engine with 3M's unique engine lacquer coating
Removal of dirt and grease from engine
Lacquer coating on engine parts
Cost : Small : 890 /- Medium : 1,190 /- Large : 1,490 /- Service Tax extra
********************** * * * * * * * * * * * ** ** * 3M Automotive Film
*3M Automotive films are designed to
Block up to 99%*of the sun's harmful UV radiation
Reduce excessive heat build-up through car windows
Protect against deterioration of the car interiors
Cut Glare effectively
Provide increased comfort and energy savings
Ensure greater privacy and security
Prevent injury from glass fragments in case of accidents*
*********** CS Series ( Color Stable Film)
Premium color stable sun control films with unique solar absorbing technology that hold their color and are high on heat rejection.
Exceptional long lasting color consistency
Neutral black appearance
Excellent Heat Rejection
Low reflection
Superior optical clarity
Scratch resistance coating
Shatter resistance
Maximum UV protection
Metal free transmission
Zero interference with satellite signals
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 33% * * Visible Light Transmission: 51%****** UV Reduction:99%

Cost : Small :4,860 /- Medium : 5,250/- Large :5,765/- Extra Large : 6,400/-

RE Series ( Reflective Automotive film)
Premium line of metalized films that effectively controls the sun and enhances your vehicle's appearance.
* Excellent heat Rejection
* Maximum*UV*protection
* Shatter resistance
* Scratch resistance Coating
* Superior optical clarity
* 3 yrs Warranty*
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 43% * * Visible Light Transmission: 51%****** UV Reduction:99%
Cost : Small :5,310 /- Medium : 5,675 /- Large : 6,200/- Extra Large : 6,870/-

3M Crystalline Window Films:
The only Sun control Film with Multilayer Nano Technology

CR Series ( Crystalline Automotive film)
Superior in quality, The new 3M Crystalline automotive films are innovative,High Technology films that represent a clear breakthrough in automotive solar protection with 5 years warranty

Breakthrough multilayer Nanotechnology for advanced comfort,style and safety.
Enhanced heat and UV protection-protects against sunburn,premature aging and skin cancer
Less reflectivity the traditional glass ensuring reduced glare and better visibility.
Protects car interiors from fading and deterioration.
Reduces the possibility of glass shattering.
Metal- free design- zero electronic interference with mobile phones, GPS, and radio reception.
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 63%** Visible* Light Transmission: 50%* UV Reduction:99.90%

Cost : Small :15,150 /- Medium : 16,200/- Large : 17,500/- Extra Large : 19,600/-
The 3M range also includes CR films ideal for front windscreen application.

Total Solar Energy Rejected :59%** Visible* Light Transmission: 70%* UV Reduction:99.90%

Price Rs.7,750/-

********************* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **** ** 3M Car Mats
3M Nomad Mat
Terra Matting Loop System
Effectively trap Dust and Dirt
Easy to clean and wash
*Cost : 248 per sq.ft.

**** * * * * * * * * ** 3M Scotch * gard* Paint Protection Film

You’re proud of your vehicle. Now, protect it! Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film (PPF) is a durable, high-grade, colorless urethane film that is applied to the high-impact areas of your vehicle — hood, bumper, mirrors and door edges – that take the brunt of damaging road debris. This virtually invisible barrier against flying road debris, abrasion and weathering also resists yellowing in sunlight. If resale value is important to you, this is a great way to help keep your car's exterior looking like new. PPF is trusted by NASCAR® to keep race cars looking their best.

Professional applicators can help you decide what parts of your vehicle would most benefit from Scotchgard Paint Protection Film. Plus, they have the know — how to install the film to the exact specifications of your vehicle. Once the job is done, you’ll love the look, not to mention the longer life you've given your car's finish.

Super Package
Total Car Package
Month 0*********** Powershine +* Germkleen plus( Deep Clean,Disinfect & AC Duct Clean)
Month 5 ********** Paint Sealant Advanced
Month 7 ********** Germkleen ( Deep Clean and disinfect)
Month 11********* UV Protect
* 5 free car washes to be availed on weekdays only.
* The 5 treatments are priced 23% below the MRP
Package Cost- Small :9,990 /- Medium : 12,890/- Large : 16,290/- Service Tax Extra(12.36%)

Total Exterior Package
Month 0*********** Powershine
Month 5 ********** Paint Sealant Advanced
Month 11 ******** UV Protect
* 2 free car washes to be availed on weekdays only.
* The 3 treatments are priced 15% below the MRP
Package Cost- Small :6,690 /-* Medium: 8,490/- Large : 10,390/- Service Tax Extra ( 12.36% )

Total Interior Package
Month 0*********** Germkleen plus( Deep Clean,Disinfect & AC Duct Clean)
Month 6 ********** Germkleen ( Interior Clean)
Month 12 ******** AC Duct Cleaning
* 1 free car washes to be availed on weekdays only.
* The 3 treatments are priced 12% below the MRP
Package Cost- Small : 3,990 /- Medium : 5,290/- Large : 7,190/-* Service Tax Extra(12.36%)

Regards,
3M Car Care ,
Shop no 2,Building Name ''IRIZ''
S.no:134/2/1/1,Baner Pashan Link Road,
Pune-411021,
Tel:020-25862828

I am planning the above mentioned treatment for my brand new XUV 500 which i am getting a delivery on Nov 1st 2013.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2013 at 02:24. Reason: Posts merged. Post edited. Please do a spell-check before posting. Thanks!
Old 24th October 2013, 09:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
I am interested in the following.1. Paint sealant
2. underbody treatment 3. engine treatment.
IMO paint sealant and engine treatments are placebo treatments and not at all worth the money. If the primary purpose of the underbody treatment is rust prevention, do you think it's really needed in a city with weather like Pune?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:37   #80
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2013 at 16:00.
joeblack is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th October 2013, 12:10   #81
BHPian

Most 3M stores are running on a very high cost ( both sunk and ongoing) and break even is not in the short term. If you observe closely most of these stores have business during weekends and festivals.
From a recent discussion with the owner of one of these stores, his investment is about 20 lakhs.

Why am I saying this? Because it will give an idea of what they are going through and need to do to sustain. Like a couple of members have rightly mentioned underbody rust treatment is essential only in areas such as Mumbai, Kerala etc having high humidity and salty air. Engine dressing IMHO is not required at all. And hoses and cables won't just break!!! That is plain nonsense ( didn't use a more colourful word to respect our rules).

As for paint protection the easiest sell is to say nowadays paint is softer and so needs more protection!!! If nothing paint technology has actually improved over the past few years. Paint protection can be achieved by something as simple as wax at one end of the spectrum to something like opti coat at the other end of the spectrum.

If you are willing to pay attention to your paint every couple of months a coat of collinite 845 is also good enough. Use a duster instead of cloth and use a quick detailer with a MF cloth for stubborn stains.

The matting that you get at 3M ( 248 per sq ft) is at least 3 times more expensive than a local equivalent. And I can say this due to some information that most of these products are now procured locally manufactured by Indian companies.

On a personal level I don't trust anyone without doing my due diligence. No offence to anyone here.

Last edited by torquecurve : 24th October 2013 at 12:12.
torquecurve is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 13:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
btw i forgot to mention, I am plannig the above mentioned treatment for my brand new XUV 500 which i am getting a delivery on nov 1st 2013.
I clean my own car around once a month - it takes me a full day to wash, clay, wax and shine, since my car is parked in the open under a tree which likes to shed everything.

If you have a covered parking, then your interiors will remain in much better shape. For exteriors, it is true that wax attracts dust, but also helps protect the pain underneath.

Now, if you do not want to invest labour/ time into cleaning your own car then go for these:
Step 4-*********** *Removing tar & bug marks from body surface.
Step 5-************ Clay wiping.
Step 6-*********** *Car surfaced glazed using machine polish.
Step 7-*********** *Paint sealant synthetic wax applied all over the surface to get gloss and for protection of paint.

Keep in mind that if you want to do all of this on your own, it is possible but you will have to invest at least half a day for a big SUV like XUV5oo. Plus there is investents of shampoo, clay bar, micro fiber cloths (around 3-4), wax - depending on the colour of your vehicle and optionally a polisher machine.

The glass cleaning, engine dressing, etc. is not required.

Once you have this done, you can repeat the same every six months at 3M or elsewhere.

If your car will be in coastal areas, then anti-rust can be considered, otherwise ask Mahindra if they are already doing something to the car at the factory level.

The sun-films that you mentioned have a VLT of 50%. The traffic fellows will catch you whenever you cross Ghodbunder Road while coming back to Pune from Gujarat/ Rajasthan etc.

The 3M mats are reported cheaper outside - I have not found a place in Pune which sell them for the 50-70 Rs. per sq. ft. For a sedan around 30 sq. ft. is required. For your car, I expect perhaps 45 sq. ft. You will have to cut it and fit it on your own.
S_U_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 12:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

Had got the paint sealant done for my Punto ('The Red') from 3M car care Baner three weeks back. Wanted to review their job here but could not find time for the same.

First things first, 3M is expensive. But that is an informed decison you take. You go there well aware of the fact that their packages are among the more expensive ones. You then expect a good service and a good job from the team.

Well I must say that I was not disappointed by their job. Infact I should say, I was very satisfied with the professional attitude, the facility and also the final result. I was promised the delivery within 4-5 Hrs which was adhered to and the car was looking much better than what it was even on the delivery day.

For our swift I used to notice that whenever we got the car washed and waxed, the wax acted as a big dust magnet. However, 3Ms Wax on and Wax off leaves the car shining and smooth and no issues of dust clinging on to the car. Small scratches vanish. Infact a gentle man while backing his car had scratched the rear of 'The red' leaving a small superficial scratch which was perfectly removed after the treatment. Any deep scratches resulting in the actual removal of the paint wont be taken care but small superficial scratches and swirl marks do vanish.

3 M claim that the sealant will do its job for at-least one year provided certain precautions are followed, like not water washing the car daily and geting wax polish done once in a month etc.

They had an offer going on where in you get some discounts if you opt for any three of their packages. However, since I had no intentions of getting sun-film on my cars and also no intentions of going for the Mats (which I believe is expensive), I did not take the offer. I also opted out of under-body coating, since I don't foresee a requirement for any additional protection in a place like Pune at-least not till the next monsoons. What interests me is their claim of reducing road noise. I wonder if it really helps reducing the road noise.

All in all I am very satisfied with the outcome of paint sealant. 3M although expensive, is a very good option to keep your car sparkling specially for people who dont have the time and energy to wash and polish the car themselves.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0206.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0209.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0220.jpg

Apologize for not having better photos.

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to 3M baner or any other outlet or the brand itself. This is a honest account of my own experience with their outlet at Baner.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

The matting that you get at 3M ( 248 per sq ft) is at least 3 times more expensive than a local equivalent. And I can say this due to some information that most of these products are now procured locally manufactured by Indian companies.
Ive been looking to install those 3M type carpet mats in my Safari. Can you direct me to a store in Pune, where they sell the matting similar to the ones at 3M for the kindof price you mentioned ?
I would like to buy it asap.
Old 26th November 2013, 00:43   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Ive been looking to install those 3M type carpet mats in my Safari. Can you direct me to a store in Pune, where they sell the matting similar to the ones at 3M for the kindof price you mentioned ? I would like to buy it asap.
Bohri Ali. Buy from there and take it to nana peth. There a fitter will cut and fit it. Else you may cut it yourself. Most shop owners are happy to help with tools for cutting.
Old 26th November 2013, 12:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

I bought the noodle pattern mats for Rs. 60/ sq. ft. Used all of the 28 sq. ft. for our Cedia.

They are doing a good job. We had 1000 KM and 2600 KM trips in the last four weeks.
I have also posted information on where to buy those in Pune in the other thread.
Old 30th November 2013, 06:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Bohri Ali. Buy from there and take it to nana peth. There a fitter will cut and fit it. Else you may cut it yourself. Most shop owners are happy to help with tools for cutting.
Bohri Ali..?
Is this the name of the shop/ area? Can you be more specific with the location / address of the shop.

Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2013, 09:14   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
All in all I am very satisfied with the outcome of paint sealant. 3M although expensive, is a very good option to keep your car sparkling specially for people who dont have the time and energy to wash and polish the car themselves.
Thank you for the review vibbs. I was in two minds about getting my 6 year old Santro a exterior make over. Your review made me take the plunge and now I sm very happy that I did it. Nearly all the swirl marks and minor scratches are gone and the car looks as good as new.
swapnilup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 17:39   #89
BHPian

This is to share my recent experience with 3M outlet at Baner.

Yesterday, I went there for PPF to be done on my new ride. I got a quote of approximately 33k for bumpers and bonnet which I feel is high but then you are sure about the workmanship and the quality of materials. I had an idea of such kind of costs prior to getting the quote so was not surprised.

They suggested me to get the CR70 sun film done on my windshield. A small demo was given to me to show the reduction in heat after applying such a film. I was satisfied with the result and decided to go ahead with it.

Gave the car at 11am in the morning and got it back by around 8:30pm which is good 9.5 hours! Really appreciate the guys there to put up so much efforts to ensure that everything is done perfectly.

Workmanship is top-class! Especially, guy called Laxman is very skilled as well as passionate about his work. There was one case that the bonnet was longer than the standard raw material size of PPF but he made sure that it covers the whole bonnet my stretching to it's limit!

Overall I am very satisfied with the work done and special thanks to Mr. Tapas who was there personally all day checking the work on regular basis.

As somebody already said that 3M is expensive but then you can be sure of the quality of materials as well as workmanship. And I see it as VFM proposition. What matters in the end is satisfaction and I got it!

Also, I got a good discount on the whole amount.

Here are some pictures.

Car being prepared for waxing:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0969-1280x960-1280x960.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0932-1280x960.jpg

PPF being applied for Runboards:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0943-1280x960-1280x960.jpg

PPF being applied for Bonnet:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0966-1280x960.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0963-1280x960-1280x960.jpg

PPF on door handles:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0981-1280x960.jpg

Pictures after work is done:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0973-1280x960.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0972-1280x960.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-dsc_0957-1280x960.jpg

On a side not, getting stuff done from "nana-peth" will be cheaper but then you can not be sure of the outcome unless you know for sure about the shop.

I used to frequent "nana-peth" a lot for mods for my bike but then a have mix of experiences. Sometimes good sometimes very horrible.
the_skyliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 21:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

Indeed, an excellent place for car detailing. I have just had my 2014 WagonR done up there.

Must say it really makes all the difference.

The owner of the establishment, Tapas , is an extremely enterprising and jolly person, who is extremely passionate about his work.

that said, costs DO tend to be on the higher side. But don't we tend to go the extra mile for our prized rides?

Really makes all the difference.

Cheers!

Most Viewed