Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Firstly, a BIG THANKS to all for sharing such a valuable information
I'm planning to take my Grande Punto (completed 4 Years on 26th Jan.) for exterior detailing at 3M and nearest for me is the one located at Baner.

Some background:
I always wanted to do this treatment after 4-5 years of usage. My car did not undergo any 'treatment' for last 4 years apart from me waxing her twice a year.
However during last year I did not get time to wax her. I use Jopasu duster for dusting and microfiber cloth to wipe it clean if I wash her at home.
I use Turtle Wax for exterior and ArmorAll original protectant for interiors along with Waxpol Polish. I use WD-40 to remove tar marks.

I'm aware of 3M pricing, professional service and satisfying results.

All I want is to have more details on following points.
  1. How long does 3M advance treatment lasts?
  2. Do we have to follow certain rules to make it last long?
  3. Any idea how do they clean the engine bay?

Posting my car's pics just to give you an idea about her condition and my expectations.
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-20140215_113355.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-20140215_115821.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-20140215_113346.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 22nd February 2014 at 21:19.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 10:51   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Firstly, a BIG THANKS to all for sharing such a valuable information
I'm planning to take my Grande Punto (completed 4 Years on 26th Jan.) for exterior detailing at 3M and nearest for me is the one located at Baner.

Some background:
I always wanted to do this treatment after 4-5 years of usage. My car did not undergo any 'treatment' for last 4 years apart from me waxing her twice a year.
However during last year I did not get time to wax her. I use Jopasu duster for dusting and microfiber cloth to wipe it clean if I wash her at home.
I use Turtle Wax for exterior and ArmorAll original protectant for interiors along with Waxpol Polish. I use WD-40 to remove tar marks.

I'm aware of 3M pricing, professional service and satisfying results.

All I want is to have more details on following points.
  1. How long does 3M advance treatment lasts?
  2. Do we have to follow certain rules to make it last long?
  3. Any idea how do they clean the engine bay?

Posting my car's pics just to give you an idea about her condition and my expectations.

You know what? It is never too late

The car deserves it. Any Fiat deserves it for that matter.

Ideally, I would budget a day to get all the stuff done. The engine bay is cleaned with the traditional method.

Hose wash!

No rules to be followed, except say, a regular wash+ wax.

Cheers!

P.S: Did I say, your car is in mint condition?

Last edited by FINTAIL : 27th February 2014 at 10:54.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 23:33   #93
Team-BHP Support

Many thanks to this thread and the positive feedback from the members, I dropped the car at 3M Car Care yesterday evening around 6 PM and drove out of the showroom a happy man! I am extremely impressed with the efforts put in by Umesh and his team.

The car had plenty of small nicks and scratches on the sides esp. the wheel arches, the door-handle cups, ORVMs and on the front bumper. Thanks to my car washing style, the entire car was covered in swirls. Shine a bright light and there were swirl marks everywhere! The interiors OTOH were comparatively in a better shape.

I had gone to Karad, 160 km off Pune for witnessing the FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) but the tests were concluded sooner than we expected. So we had some spare time at our disposal. Tethered the phone to the laptop and Google'd for 3M Car Care Pune. And this thread showed up! The feedback was positive so called up Umesh on his personal number provided in the first post. It was 9:40 AM and it appears he was riding towards the showroom (some background noise and such) so he said he'd call me back. 10 mins later, he returned back the call and I explained the whole thing to him. He requested me to get my car to his place ASAP! We started from Karad around 2:50 PM and entered Pune city limits around 5 PM but spent an entire hour stuck in the traffic and with 2 GPS navigations turned ON, we figured out Viman Nagar and reached his place.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7382.jpg

The gentleman in the brown khaki shirt is Mr. Umakant a.k.a Umesh.

There were a few cars getting the finishing touches. Some had come for the usual wash, some for interior cleaning, a Swift for some decal job etc. Umesh was kind enough to let our luggage (few backpacks) being stored at the office above. Before starting the work, he explained the entire process and what all options are available with the limited time that he could spare his men with. A quick inspection was carried out, the job card was prepared, inventory checked (perfume, idol, glovebox contents etc) and a copy handed out to us. We were just about to step out for some chai when one of his guys stopped us and offered us tea from their pantry. Tasted awesome!

Umesh did however explain that the car's bonnet had deep paint cuts which cannot be touched up using the polishing + buffing method. This one for instance:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7390.jpg

The primer paint beneath the black color was exposed and one could feel the paint cut physically. He insisted that the PPF (paint protective film) be applied on all the new cars the moment they are driven out of the showroom in order to avoid such instances. If you end up following trucks carrying sand and stones, the small and minute stones fall off the truck at a high speed and when they hit the bonnet or the bumper, the paint is nicked off.

The car went into the washing area around 7 PM:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7394.jpg

Pressure washing carried out and the car was wiped.

Two of his men began sticking the masking tape on the window beadings and began the polishing work:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7402.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7397.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7398.jpg

Once the polishing work was completed, the interiors were vacuumed:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7406.jpg

The windshields and door windows were cleaned using 3M's glass cleaner. The tires and the rims were dressed as a part of the package:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7421.jpg

And I had requested Umesh to apply some carbon fiber wrap. The other alternative was the PPF. Getting the film cut and applying them on the ORVM's curved plastic body was a bit hard but his team was experienced with several other shapes on bikes and other areas, this was done in about 15 minutes flat including cutting, sticking, finishing using heat-gun:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7408.jpg

Here's the bonnet after the work:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_7418.jpg

The work was completed at 10:10 PM and I was extremely impressed with the efforts put in and the quality of work! Truly stood up to 3M's reputation IMO. I was more impressed with the fact that Umesh and his team did everything that they could in the available time, they extended their working hours for me (usual closing time is 8 PM) and the few guys that remained who had worked on my car were not in a hurry to finish off the job and leave for home. They took their time, completed the work and called for Umesh who did a quick inspection and finally, handed me the bill.

I paid the bill, profusely thanked everyone who remained at the showroom including the boy seated at the counter and drove out of the showroom with a smile with a reassurance to Umesh that, I'll let the man say that:

Here's the snap of the bill in case anyone's interested:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wp_20140412_23_37_41_pro.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th April 2014 at 23:36.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 23:51   #94
BHPian

So I went to 3M Car care center in Baner today. I wanted to do a wrapping for my Polo GT. Well when you say wrap, a tiny little one.
Went there , the folks were really courteous, took me through the different shades and different options that one can choose when it comes to wrapping cars. They also took me through their DIY product line, and supposedly 3M have taken over Meguairs and so all of them were of that brand. Though I normally do washing the car exterior my own, the interior were not really up to my liking. Nothing bad, but I thought I should do a vacuuming. And as it had been 2 weeks since I washed my car, I ended up taking their wash and wax package. Thought it would be a chance for me to see how good they are.

Well indeed they were really good. I really liked the way they did the Form washing, drying and the waxing. In fact the way they did the wrapping was just brilliant, I thought it would be worth making them do a professional washing and waxing for my car.

A couple of photos - they are taken from my phone camera, so please forgive me for the quality.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20140412_211348.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20140412_211406.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20140412_211539.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_20140412_211615.jpg
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:44   #95
BHPian

I finally got the time to take my 8 year old Pajero to the 3M baner outlet for a detailing program. Really loved the job they did on my car. Took them the entire day to finish up, but it was all worth it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-515.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-516.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-519.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-522.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-523.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-524.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-534.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-537.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-542.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-553.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-549.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-550.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-556.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-picture-548.jpg  

Old 25th June 2014, 12:18   #96
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2014 at 16:52.
Anupam is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th October 2014, 15:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got an updated pricelist from 3M or other competitors in Pune?

Please do share.
S_U_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 20:25   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Has anyone got an updated pricelist from 3M or other competitors in Pune?

Please do share.
I hope this helps. This was at 3M, Apte Road as of June 14.
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-3m.jpg  

CoolCarNi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 15:29   #99
BHPian

Has anyone tried the new 3M care opened in Chinchwad link road? It's nearer for me, but don't want to take chances. I'd rather go all the way to Baner unless someone can share a good experience here.
Old 26th December 2014, 17:44   #100
BHPian

So in the month of Nov, I went to 3M Car Care (Baner) to get the front windscreen polished. The car being 5 years old, I was hoping to see some or evident improvement after the entire process. The glass had swirl marks, minor scratches, nothing major though but at night I used to find the oncoming light scattering a bit too much. Now that's also because everyone drives on high beam, which is the most annoying thing ever.
Anyways, the end result was just satisfactory. I am not sure whether my expectations were a bit too high or the job done by 3M wasn't up to mark. Maybe I could have given my car to Maruti A.S.S and the outcome could have been better. Again, no guarantees there as well.
What is surprising, especially after seeing the post with April 2014 rates, is that I was charged 2500 for SX4's front windscreen. I don't think the front windscreen of SX4 comes under "extra large" category. So how did they come up with a 2500 quote?!

End result - Disappointed.
Old 17th January 2015, 18:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a car wash at 3M Baner. This is the most value for money offering they have - indeed the prices are silly low. For Rs 480, a full wash including engine, and interior vacuum clean of a Liva. The reason I say this is the amount of care taken over this - three people on the job for about an hour, with diligent attention to every detail. And one place that has maintained its service levels. Swapneel and his team rock!
With once in year service schedule for the car, doing this halfway through the period makes eminent sense.
Old 10th February 2015, 21:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Has anyone tried the new 3M care opened in Chinchwad link road? It's nearer for me, but don't want to take chances. I'd rather go all the way to Baner unless someone can share a good experience here.
3M Baner branch is THE best- knowing the owner, how honest he is, I shall expect an excellent quality of work done.

Besides- Anyone noticed two new detailing joints come up in Baner ? There is this hilarious shop, or shack rather (really!), going by the name of Q9 Car Care. Avoidable place- mark my words.

The approximate location: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...7a797020b1df7d
The JustDial Link- They don't have a website, or even a mail address of some sort: http://www.justdial.com/Pune/Q9-Car-.../?tab=moreinfo
And the second one: I've noticed a proper Waxoyl outlet- again in Baner. The issue is that- the whole place is empty- save for one car.
This one car- strangely enough happens to be an abandoned looking Mercedes Benz S-Class W222 (of all things!). There were some seedy looking characters around the place- and nor did it look welcoming- or even did it seem as if they would be taking in cars for detailing.

Pics attached herewith:
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wp_20150210_003.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wp_20150210_004.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wp_20150210_005.jpg

Some entity, going by the name of Opulent Auto Care Pvt. Ltd, having H.Q's strangely in Pune, and Singapore as well- seems to be operating from there.

Their website: http://www.opulentindia.com/
And then, the address, and contacts of the Pune H.Q (same as the location where the Merc W222 is parked, I guess) :
Quote:
India Office:
Opulent Auto Care Pvt. Ltd.,
OPULENT, SR. No. 33/2/2/1+2.
OPP. Shivneri Society, Dhankudewasti,
Baner, Pune - 411 045.
Maharashtra, INDIA.
Tel: +91 20 2721 5050.
Fax: +91 20 2721 5060.
Email: info@opulentindia.com
The approximate location of this spooky looking enterprise,in a very dusty part of Baner:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-location.jpg

More can be followed on the website of theirs: http://www.opulentindia.com/

Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2015 at 10:59. Reason: As requested :)
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I finally went to 3M Baner. To save space here's the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3606841

I came back from a trip and wanted to have it washed by experts. As 3M Chinchwad is nearer, I thought I'd give it a try.

"You'd appreciate the value of something good only when you experience something of lesser value"

This sums up my experience with the 3M chinchwad. I'd rate it 1 out of 5 just for the sake of rating. The amount of attention to detail that Swapneel and his team gives is unparalleled. I'd not be surprised if the 3M-chinchwad shuts shop very soon.
Swapneel is a perfect example of how a supervisor should be. Here I had to be around while they did their job and point them to what to do. I felt I came away with more swirls.

Time to buy a wash mitt and micro-fibre cloths.
Old 1st April 2015, 10:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally went to 3M Baner. To save space here's the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3606841
Swapneel's attention to detail is not *that* surprising actually.

Considering where he used to work- prior to 3M.
Old 1st April 2015, 10:57   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Besides- Anyone noticed two new detailing joints come up in Baner ? There is this hilarious shop, or shack rather (really!), going by the name of Q9 Car Care. Avoidable place- mark my words.
Q9 car care has shut shop last month and made way for a furnishing showroom.

Quote:
And the second one: I've noticed a proper Waxoyl outlet- again in Baner. The issue is that- the whole place is empty- save for one car.
This one car- strangely enough happens to be an abandoned looking Mercedes Benz S-Class W222 (of all things!). There were some seedy looking characters around the place- and nor did it look welcoming- or even did it seem as if they would be taking in cars for detailing.

Some entity, going by the name of Opulent Auto Care Pvt. Ltd, having H.Q's strangely in Pune, and Singapore as well- seems to be operating from there.

Their website: http://www.opulentindia.com/
And then, the address, and contacts of the Pune H.Q (same as the location where the Merc W222 is parked, I guess) :
That place has never ever had any business with respect to automotive detailing. If you looked closely, you would have seen an SBK under wraps as well. If you went a step further and searched on carwale.com for a Mercedes Benz S-Class in Pune, you'd find the exact same car there. This place, as you must have guessed by now is a parking slot for used cars by a dealer.

Let us stick to 3M Car care discussions on this thread please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks