Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2017, 11:43   #151
BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Gentlemen, my crossover would be completing 1st year of ownership very soon. Though I don't prefer looks over performance, wanted to get rid of the swirl marks that has accumulated in the past 11.5 months. Any feedback on the 3M Trizact treatment vs 3M paint sealant advanced would be much appreciated ? Price being quoted are 12k vs 7.7k . I'm told 3M Trizact treatment will bring out best results in a dark colored vehicle, hence as always wanted to hear from folks before taking the plunge.

Request to Mods : If there is any other thread for detailing specific to 3M, city or location wise please merge it to get my queries anwered. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Keynote : 18th May 2017 at 11:48.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:24   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Gentlemen, my crossover would be completing 1st year of ownership very soon.
If you are open to non-3M detailing, do check out this option too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...tint-pune.html

Run by a Team-BHP member, and no negative reviews, at least yet.

EDIT: Oops, since you posted here, I assumed you are located in Pune; hence the recommendation. Please ignore

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: I am not affiliated in any way with them, personally or professionally.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 18th May 2017 at 12:30.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 22:32   #153
VKS
BHPian

Recently visited Baner centre for Interior cleaning . They did a good job on my Fiesta . Will recommend them .
Old 19th May 2017, 23:46   #154
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the case in other cities, but I've noticed several non branded car care centers using 3M products for car detailing. Their services are quite comparable to the branded outlets.
Old 2nd March 2018, 08:51   #155
BHPian

Has anyone visited 3M Chinchwad recently and can share the experience? I read that it was pretty sub standard couple of years back. I am planning to get an interior detailing done along with getting new Nomad floor mats. Not sure if Chinchwad 3M is good option (I haven't taken my car to any 3M yet).
Old 4th March 2018, 12:49   #156
BHPian

Visited 3M Hinjwadi (Pune) store yesterday (while discussing with the owner found that both Chinchwad and Hinjwadi 3M stores are run by him).

Service was excellent and they did an immaculate job on my car. Attention to detail by owner Mr Shivansh was commendable and he himself was taking it upto him to make sure everything was done to pin point precision. Really appreciate it.

I got following jobs done. Got standard 10% discount for availing three treatments at a time. She is back in top shape again and felt happy spending entire Saturday at 3M store. Nothing beats working closely with the technicians and understanding every small thing they are doing to your car.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-ps.jpg

Few pictures while work was being done.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wip-1.jpg

Got BHP sticker carefully masked to avoid any damage during rubbing job.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wip-sticker.jpg

All glass areas and emblems were covered with tape to protect them from chemicals and machine jobs.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-wip-2.jpg

Nomad mats were cut and installed after taking the measurements of each area. This allows for some customization according to your requirement rather than installing the ready-made mats.

Front left floor mat.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-front-left-mat.jpg

Front right floor mat with ABC pedals.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-abc-mat.jpg

Single piece rare floor mat.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-rare-mat.jpg

Some nice touches by 3M, utility areas are also covered with mats. As I said earlier, when you cut the mat as per your requirement, you can also put the remaining material to good use as shown below. These areas mostly remain dirty as these are not easily accessible during regular daily cleaning. Having these mats there will surely help in my opinion.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-utility-mat.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-utiliy-mat-2.jpg

End result - Isn't White Lilly looking as beautiful as she ever did.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_2440.jpg

Overall I would rate 3M Hinjwadi (Pune) store 8/10.

PS: I would definitely recommend interior and exterior detailing treatments done to your cars at least once a year. Even though we clean them on regular basis, those tiny little corners, door pockets and water bottle holder wells, switch-gear cavities gather lot of dirt and interior detailing once a while is only solution to get them back in top shape. Same goes for external detailing where those tiny hairline scratches, swirl marks, nail marks/scratches under door handles, minute tar marks can easily be treated.

And most important of all, don't you feel happy when your ride looks back at you smiling and shining brightly.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_2458.jpg

Last edited by yogesh.8984 : 4th March 2018 at 12:52.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 18:31   #157
BHPian

Unprofessional & Unsatisfying Experience at 3M Kharadi, Pune

I was never a fan of dealership services like Underbody protection, Teflon coating etc. They add little value for the price they come at. Basically its one of the tools for them to leech more money from customers. For this very reason i didn't opt for these treatments till date on my 4 yr old Ecosport.

Of late i noticed that the underbody along with silencer is gathering some rust. So i decided to get underbody treatment done at 3M itself. I always missed a branded detailing store like 3M in Kolkata. After relocating to Pune last month i was looking forward to experience their services for the first time. I went to their Kharadi branch which is pretty close to my office and got a quote.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_3932.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_3933.jpg

Prices seemed to be reasonable. 2 Year warranty version is normal paint while 5 yr one is rubberized having sound dampening properties. The latter will also come with free inspections and retouching every 6 months till 5 years.

The Pune Bhpians seemed not to be a fan of 3M due to bad experiences they had previously. They swear the services of Aquatint, which is owned by a fellow Bhpian himself:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...tint-pune.html

I decided to give 3M a try and went for the 5 year warranty underbody + silencer coating on 12th May 2018. They promptly took my car inside. They classified my car as medium. (not large as many places do given its SUV branding) Total cost was quoted 5.7k.

From there all trouble started. I expected them to handle a lot of Ecosports before. I noticed they mounted my car on wrong point as given in picture I alerted the technician and he said "Sir the original point is having some issues that's why its on left". During my last service a week back, Ford technicians lifted the car at correct points without issues and they didn't even bother to check the markings before putting the car on lift.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4100.jpg

Condition of underbody & silencer
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4093.jpg

Underbody getting a thorough wash. They allowed around 15 mins for the area to dry. I asked if they are going to remove the existing rust buildup. They said its not needed as the rubberized coating will take care of it all

For silencer, one of the best approach is to rub it clean and put a galvanizing spray. A emery paper can be used to clean the dust and a moist cloth should be used to wipe it off. The car can be started for 10 mins to heat up the surface before spraying. Here they did none of that. They will simply spray the paint over rust collected for 4 years.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4095.jpg

The rubberized coating which will be sprayed.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4096.jpg

I went outside for a quick snack. On coming back i saw the technician spraying the coating without covering up the silencer ! I alerted the manager and he came up with all kinds of excuses like "New paint doesn't require the silencer to be covered up" ! The rubberized coating will fall off due to the heat produced by exhaust. When i said you painted the silencer over the rubberized coating, he ran out of excuses. He said sir please complain this to 3M. We will handle it. You cannot do anything.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4097.jpg

Post application image.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4098.jpg

Notice the paint spill on lower side of my bumper applique as they didn't use masking tape while spraying. Granted it wont be in line of sight, but its a shoddy job to apply paint like this.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4099.jpg

5 Year warranty card
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4104.jpg

List of scheduled checkups. I need to come to this store only. In case of relocation they will arrange a new store for this checkups on request.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4103.jpg

The final bill
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4106.jpg

The store manager contact
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_4105.jpg

I was totally shocked by the arrogance of the store manager and the apathy of the technician towards his job. Even in their official youtube video they demonstrated how the work should be done by properly covering up the silencer. Here they didn't even allow enough time to dry and released my car within 20 mins of applying paint mentioning its advanced enough not to require enough drying time !

Even after spending 5.7K, they didn't bother to do a simple water wash before handing the car to me. What i realized is that their services will appeal to the wider audience who come here for the 3M brand, enjoy themselves in lounge while their car is worked upon, not bothered about how the work is done and get back to their car when done. 3M likes that kind of customers only.

This is probably my first & last service taken at 3M. I am really looking forward for the new Kharadi branch of Aquatint where i plan to do all my detailing from now onward. I will request all readers of the forum to exercise caution while doing anything at 3M outlets !

Last edited by Samfromindia : 20th May 2018 at 18:45.
Samfromindia is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 01:01   #158
BHPian

Around 6 months have passed since i had that horrid experience with 3M. It was time for first under body inspection & topup of my car as per their bi yearly schedule. Called them up to fix an appointment. As usual they wanted to push it on weekdays. However i had office so they finally gave me a 6pm time on Sunday. I arrived on time and my car was attended to in 10-15 mins.

I planned to do a wash session in Aquatint where i am having a wonderful experience so far. However i didn't have another day and asked them to do a basic wash along with the checkup. I was quoted around 700rs with taxes, a little higher than what i pay at Aquatint. Also the store manager tried to upsell some higher wash package, something which i am wary of.

They took around 1hr for the whole process. Quality of wash is good, definitely not Aquatint level but not too shabby either. I did inform them certain areas like engine bay where they didn't do a proper job which was taken care soon after.

After wash the technician raised the car, dried the underbody with air jet and applied touchups in certain areas. They didn't bother to cover the silencer as usual but this time i didnt mind as the touch up areas were not near it.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_5815.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_5816.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-img_5817.jpg

Post job, my warranty card was stamped with the inspection date. The store manager was high i guess, he conveniently striked off first two service as lapsed as he imagined current year to be 2019. I immediately alerted him after which he fixed the document with white ink. All in all a much better experience since the last one. I do hope they continue to improve their services and be worthy of the 3M badge.
Samfromindia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 11:26   #159
Senior - BHPian

The store is so flooded with cars, that the "attention to detail" must have gone down the drain. I too live near by, will try Aquatint for detailing.
Would an appointment on weekday help to get better service at 3M.?

Last edited by F150 : 16th November 2018 at 11:29.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 18:13   #160
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unprofessional & Unsatisfying Experience at 3M Kharadi, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I was never a fan of dealership services like Underbody protection, Teflon coating etc.
Of late i noticed that the underbody along with silencer is gathering some rust. After relocating to Pune last month 5 years.

I will request all readers of the forum to exercise caution while doing anything at 3M outlets !
Underbody protection ,though not required is still valid when you are in Kolkatta or Mumbai.But since you have relocated to Pune,IMO this was not needed.

I have stayed away from 3M after a not so good experience with them 4 years ago.I spent 4.7k for my Nano, and the job done was not up to the mark.This was in Worli Mumbai branch.

For me its Aquatint, yet to visit them but will be plan a visit soon.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 15:04   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I too live near by, will try Aquatint for detailing.
Would an appointment on weekday help to get better service at 3M.?
Sir please skip 3M and go Aquatint directly unless there is something which can be done only at 3M. Aquatint is far better at same or lesser price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
For me its Aquatint, yet to visit them but will be plan a visit soon.
Yes do that soon. Here is my review on them:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...ml#post4461747 (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune))
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 01:27   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I always missed a branded detailing store like 3M in Kolkata.
Offtopic, but 3M is soon inaugurating stores at Ranchi, Kolkata and Patna. As per the Ranchi dealer, all three will be inaugurated together on 22nd December.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 10:15   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Offtopic, but 3M is soon inaugurating stores at Ranchi, Kolkata and Patna. As per the Ranchi dealer, all three will be inaugurated together on 22nd December.

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you for the news. Waiting since so long for 3M to come up here in Kolkata. Just hopping they open in a place with adequate parking space. Finding large working space in city limit is a nightmare.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 16:05   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Thank you for the news. Waiting since so long for 3M to come up here in Kolkata. Just hopping they open in a place with adequate parking space. Finding large working space in city limit is a nightmare.
Trust me, there is nothing good about it once you experience their quality of service compared with competition. I was also waiting for 3M to open its doors in Kolkata and when i relocated to Pune, visited them within a month. You must have seen the sad experience in posts above. However in Kolkata, until competition comes they will have free run.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:41   #165
BHPian

3M Baner has got a new Address. Unlike the previous facility which was on a narrow & congested road where parking was becoming a tough challenge, the new one is right on the main road and there is enough space to park your vehicle and head up to the store. The new store is just under a km from the previous one on the main Sus road. They have updated the new store location on Google Maps as well. I have been using their service for around 4 – 5 years now and have never been disappointed. Visited their new store and my brief experience is updated below.

Starting with few pics of the new store

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-store-1.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-store-2.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-store-3.jpg

Now coming to the recent experience, My Skoda Rapid had recently completed 3 years. The ownership review can be read here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ack-white.html (Happiness is 'Doing Something Good' (DSG) : My Skoda Rapid TDI DSG in Black & White). With 65,000 kms on the ODO it was starting to show its signs both on the exterior and interior. It was time to treat her with some well-deserved pampering. To celebrate the 3rd anniversary I had recently completed a 1000 KM+ round trip to Goa which further necessitated the visit to car spa.

I have known them for quite some time now and had informed that I will be dropping my car on Wednesday morning (20th Feb) and would require the delivery by evening. Upon visiting the store, I had a quick chat with their Manager Mr. Shubhankar (extremely knowledgeable and customer friendly chap). Without asking for the various packages I explained what I needed (honestly I know about almost all the treatment being offered by 3M – Courtesy T-BHP). I informed that I want the exterior to have a good wash and polish and to get rid of the swirl marks as much as possible. No fancy treatment like ceramic coating and likes was required. I was more concerned about the interiors as the beige color upholstery had started showing its age and become dull and dark at places. I pointed out that the roof, door & seats had dark spots at many places and I would want them to spic and span. He commented that it may not be possible to get it back to its original shade, but he would try his best. Must say I felt a little disappointed upon hearing this but when I took my delivery in the evening I was ecstatic. Not only all the dark and dull spots were gone It looked and smelled exactly like a new car. With experiences like this I feel coming back to 3M Baner again and again.

Since I was not there the entire duration of the work being done, I have few pics when the the work started and some while it was getting finished.

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-detail-1.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-detail-2.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-detail-3.jpg

The work done was Paint Sealant advance and Germiklean Plus. They had some corporate offer going on for which I was given 10% Discount I believe this offer is there upto Mar’19. I couldn’t believe that this was my 3 year 65,000KM car !!

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-car-1.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-car-2.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-car-3.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-car-4.jpg
MadAbtCars is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks