Team-BHP - Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/112665-professional-car-detailing-3m-car-care-pune.html)

Products Sold:
What I like:
What I don't like?
Nothing!

What I bought from them:
Powershine package for the Swift and my colleague got foam wash done on his Honda City in the past. He also got sun films installed on his City from them.

Location address:
3M Car Care
Magnum Corporation,
2 Giga space,
Viman Nagar,
Pune 411014

I recently saw a new outlet coming up in Pashan next to HDFC Bank.

Contact person: Mr. K. Umesh, +91-20-64010050 / +91-9011559966

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-3m.jpg

A little background:
I was attending a certification class and the parking lot of the institution was set amidst a lot of trees on an open plot. Every evening for 5 days I had tree sap all over the car. This was worrying me and I wanted to take the car for a wash but just couldn't manage time to get it done. The usual car wash I visit is quite some distance away from my work place so I decided to try out 3M car care in Viman Nagar as I had been there before with my colleague.

I began calling them at 9:30 am but got no response (Didn't know their timings). As thorough professionals, they called me back on my cell as soon as they opened shop at 10:00am and gave me an appointment for 10:30am. I reached at 10:20 and requested for a foam wash. The store manager personally attended my car and recommended to go for a Power shine package since the tree sap wouldn't come out with foam and water. The cost was a meager Rs. 895/- + taxes. I gave a go ahead and a job card was made.

Powershine package includes:
- Washing the entire car.
- Vacuum cleaning the interiors, cleaning the carpets.
- Applying a layer of some product to get rid of tar and tree sap from the car.
- Polishing the entire car, the dashboard. Cleaning up and the engine bay and detailing it.

I got a call back at 12:15 confirming that the car was ready for delivery. I reached the place and was thoroughly impressed with the outcome. Their store manager Mr. Umesh explained all the details of the job carried out. I pointed out at a few minor scratches the car had and they were immediately cleared using rubbing compound. Total cost: Rs. 895 + Rs. 92.19/- tax. Also bought a couple of micro fiber cloth packets from them.

All in all a great place to get your car detailed in my opinion.

Some pictures:

At start of work:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-763.jpg

No time wasted in hanging around, car was immediately taken in and vacuum cleaned:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-765.jpg

I have some pics taken by my colleague before the job was carried out and I'll upload them later.

Engine bay after detailing:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-766.jpg

Front:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-768.jpg

Roof: (trust me, it was terrible before)

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-771.jpg

Side:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-772.jpg

Customer feedback neatly placed:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-773.jpg

Car care products:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-774.jpg

View from the lounge:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-775.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)-777.jpg

Services offered:

Check this thread out.

The 3M care center in Baner-Pashan Link road is Up and Running.
Next to Vashant Bahar housing society.
i will update their contact details / package / Timing soon.

Thanks for the update Kiran.

Was wondering, do these guys do leather seats - cleaning and protective layer?

I'm also looking for magic headlamps..

I have used their services in April. That time we had installed CR70 front windshield film and with that we got free interior detailing services. The experience was pretty good. Definitely recommend for everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 (Post 2613300)

They do have leather detailing, as far as I remember.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 2613032)
Products Sold:
  • Car detailing packages
  • Meguairs & 3M car care products
  • 3M Sun films
What I like:
  • Absolutely spic and span facility.
  • Adequate parking space and neatly maintained.
  • Staff is always in uniform with all safety gear.
  • Separate sections for washing, polishing and doing underbody treatment.
  • Neat lounge with sufficient auto magazines to spend time while your car is being worked on.
  • Neat product display.
  • Professionalism exhibited by their staff and attendants is unmatched so far.
  • Superb VFM.

What I don't like?
Nothing!

What I bought from them:
Powershine package for the Swift and my colleague got foam wash done on his Honda City in the past. He also got sun films installed on his City from them.

I have done Sunfilms, and Exterior and interior cleaning from here.
I must say, the work done was quite nice.

Also to quote the incident that happened, I happen to reach there late due to XYZ reasons at work and their workmen actually stayed back late until 23:30 to get my car done. But the rear quarter glasses weren't done well and sunfilm was coming out and even cut-out inappropriately. I told them the same and they offered to remove the same and re-apply. so I left my car there, and took it the next day morning.

Overall, a very nice job done and quite professional and polite guys. Definitely recommended. Price wise, they weren't giving much discounts, but offered more like Engine Coating and Panel cleaning free with the work that I got done. Altogether costed me 18k.

Owner was very aware of Team-BHP and was very ambitious of their store.

Some pics after the work (taken from mobile) in the below link. It also has rate split up. Mines a 6 year old car :)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2588295

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2613310)
I have used their services in April. That time we had installed CR70 front windshield film and with that we got free interior detailing services. The experience was pretty good. Definitely recommend for everyone.

They do have leather detailing, as far as I remember.

Hey Dot,
I might also consider replacing the existing sun-films on my 6 y.o. octy. How would you rate their costing viz a viz other places?

And you know why I need that magic headlamps solution :)

I liked the center and they way they perform the work, but the pricing is slightly on the higher side.

I was looking at Exterior Restore Essential, I was quoted Rs 3800 + tax for my swift.

And highest package was Rs 4800 + Tax, i think this was the paint sealant program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro CV8
Thanks for the update Kiran.

I'm also looking for magic headlamps..

I am sure they do. Check the thread link at the end of my post, raj_5004 has scanned their price sheets.

What are magic headlamps? :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150
I liked the center and they way they perform the work, but the pricing is slightly on the higher side.

What's a cheaper option in ypur opinion?

I judge quality based on the infrastructure that an organization maintains. I am sure you agree that 3M has to pay quite a steep rent for the facilties that they have rented out. I think the prices are justified.

I compared the prices against all the poor products a car dealer applies and sells as "teflon coating" and thought this was actually cheap.

Please can anyone provide the details for the 3M workshop in Baner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 2613479)
I am sure they do. Check the thread link at the end of my post, raj_5004 has scanned their price sheets.

What are magic headlamps? :-)

The price sheet does mention leather seat cleaning (and that too on per seat basis!). Great!
Just hope that these Mumbai 3M rates are valid across the country.

Here's what Magic Headlamps is all about : Linky

This seems to be a promising solution for older cars (I need it for the octy).
Last month, dot and myself had ventured to Poona Motors to check it out.
They had the product, but they were not sure about the costing, or the way to apply the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 (Post 2613349)
Hey Dot,
I might also consider replacing the existing sun-films on my 6 y.o. octy. How would you rate their costing viz a viz other places?

CR70 is pretty expensive. It costs 7k at 3M shoppe, slightly lower elsewhere. If you are planning to retain the octy, then it certainly makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2613790)
CR70 is pretty expensive. It costs 7k at 3M shoppe, slightly lower elsewhere. If you are planning to retain the octy, then it certainly makes sense.

Ditto.

Although the equipment seems top-class, they are a tad costly. Had inquired for RE35 (sides & back) & CR70 - got higher quotes even than Carex (Baner) which is supposed to be costly. However a 3M store offers more than just sun-films - will be sure visiting them in the near future.

Nice pics Kiran. Thanks for the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 2613479)
I

What's a cheaper option in ypur opinion?

I judge quality based on the infrastructure that an organization maintains. I am sure you agree that 3M has to pay quite a steep rent for the facilties that they have rented out. I think the prices are justified.

A cheaper option would be the one suggested in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...guide-335.html

Swift is a medium size car, right ? As per Raj's thread the pricing is Rs 3195 + tax for exterior restore advanced.

When I checked the pricing at this center they quoted me Rs 3700 or 3800 + tax for exterior restore advanced IIRC.

A lot of us are talking about the prices in 3M shop. Certainly their sunfilms cost more as I think their supply chain is messed up (I felt that they get every ordered sunfilm from their distributor). But detailing is top class and certainly command the quoted price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2614675)
A lot of us are talking about the prices in 3M shop. But detailing is top class and certainly command the quoted price.

Agree , why is the pricing on the higher side compared to say 3M Mumbai. ?